Pick Your Poison: Randy Orton or Batista

Pick Your Poison

• Randy Orton

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Well it's been awhile since I made a Pick Your Poison thread so I thought I'd bring it back, and figured why not have one where you have to decided between two former Evolution members that were built and brought up, and made into ME stars through that faction

I voted Orton, Basically cause Orton can do more and will be around longer, since he's still young, I also find him to be more entertaining than Batista, Batista for the most part just plain sucks, the guy is stiff, bland, and just not all that interesting, were Orton if placed into the right feud can draw major heat, and make more of an impact on which ever show he is on

Randy Orton: The current "Legend Killer" of the W.W.E. has a dangerous gimmick to go up against, especially if you're a Legendary Superstar in the industry, but outside of that.. he hasn't truly proven anything. He's at his best when facing a Superstar from yester-year, but has shown major weakness against a same aged wrestler. In other words, Randy seems to have found his best career moments when facing legends who're passed their prime, & seems to struggle more at times against others who're more on his level.

The up side to Randy is he has nature ability to create heat from the fans. People love to hate this guy, because in my personal opinion, the cocky attitude isn't a character, its really him. Orton has seen much success, including becoming one of the youngest World Heavyweight Champions in wrestling history.. as well as a pretty impressive list of wins, over the who's who of history's past.

Batista: The resident "animal" of the W.W.E. has seen just as much, if not more success than Randy Orton. From his forgotten up-starts as the bodyguard to Rev. Devon, to the Enforcer of Evolution.. Batista was somehow capable of grabbing the fans love & attention, thus vaulting him to a Royal Rumble victory & 3 different World Heavyweight Championships.. not to mention, 3 straight victories over Triple H., including the only being the only man to defeat him inside Hell In A Cell.

Over the course of time, since 2005's big year for Batista, the fans have died down from the love, & turned it to more distain. Many suggest that he's gone stale, & is no longer worth watching. Power can only lead some so far, & it appears that Batista's time is up.

Overall: When I think of which one I'd prefer to watch, or think would last longer.. my nod would go to Randy Orton! The reason why is simple. A face can only hold onto the attention of the fans for so long, while never changing.. & it takes a certain natural ability, one that I don't believe Batista has, to continue with the huge ovations.

For that reason, on the flip side, it takes just as much talent to create as much heat as Randy Orton has gained himself. When looking into the future, it seems Orton's career is still slowly but surely going up-ward, while Batista is slowly but surely, fading away.

Hmmmm interesting question.

Randy Orton:

The Legend Killer gimmick just doesn't work, but this guy is destined to have a great career ahead of him if he is able to change his attitude.

He has major in ring potential but hasn't shown a lot of passion in my opinion. He is very athletic though. He has shows that he can put on some good matches and that he can rise to the occasion if needed.

His mic work is very monotone but he has the ability to draw major heat no matter what. I think he is so good at it because the character he plays is him in reality. He makes the crowd hate him.

Personally, I think he is okay but hasn't shown enough passion and his attitude may hold him back from having a great career.

Batista:

This guy, for starters, is horrible. He needs help in every department of wrestling.

His mic skills are atrocious to say the least. I haven't heard one good promo cut by this man.

Ever since his debut in WWE he hasn't shown much talent. He hasn't really improved much either. The man has only started improving this year and his feuds happen to be with the ultra talented Undertaker and the great rising star Edge. The man has put on good matches consistently this year becaus eof the ability of his opponents. That is not very good. He is thirty-eight years old and won't be in WWE much longer so try to improve.

In my opinion he has been shoved down our throats a little too much this year. Almost every PPV this year has had him in the main event spot for Smackdown.

His only positives are that he is a good draw and that he has passion. But then again that is debatable considering the fact that he has shown almost no improvement.

Randy Orton is who I prefer to watch and the one who I see being in the Championship spot for many more years. He has shown talent and is a good heel. Batista will fade away sooner than we know where as Randy still has more years ahead of him.

Randy Orton: Can't make good matches unless he has the opponent who can do the work to get the crowd going. His matches aren't usually that interesting unless he goes up against a good worker (like Cena) or performer (HBK). His heel heat is only generated cause it seems to be his natural attitude, and if it doesn't change, he don't forsee him ever being a good face.

Batista: No real wrestling talent. His Mic work isn't terrible, but it isn't great. He has the ability on occasions to work a decent match, but that also depends on the performer. and he is old.

My Vote: Randy Orton just because of his age. If Batista were younger I would choose him, simply because his for improvement would be better. For the amount of time he has been around, I believe he has done a good job in what he has done. Are his matches going make me go "oh my god i have to buy a batista DVD when it comes out?" No. but to me he has garnered more immediate improvement and success than orton.

However, Orton still has a significant room for his improvement because of his age. Who knows, maybe he will be able to pull his head from his rear and decide to try and do more than roll on name power alone. And because of this I give it to him.

Randy Orton obviously.
I love his character. I love his cocky attitude, it makes me laugh and I love his matches but I think he needs to be carried, he can't carry an oppenent. His No Mercy match with Triple H was fantastic.
I think he is really good on the mic and he can draw really good heat and I think his monotone voice adds to his character, I can't explain why. I think it's because of his cocky character and he just shows no emotion to anyone, he's solid like a rock and his eyes are woah!
I think now he is WWE Champion, he has gone down hill a bit but he has years and years to come and he is future of WWE and he will be as big as Triple H.
I hope he keeps the WWE Championship for a long time because in my eyes he deserves it, he has had enough punishment for what he has done in the past and it is in the past and it is deffinately his time to shine.
I can't wait to see Randy in years to come he will be fantastic and he has had a really good career so far.
If he is going to keep his "Legend Killer" gimick up I think he should "kill" Undertaker and Hulk Hogan and maybe even Steve Austin as everybody loves him.

I really like Batista but his mic skills are not so good but he has deffinately improved. I like his in ring skill, he has all the powerful moves and I will be very sad when he leaves, only if he came into WWE a bit earlier. He sounds like a jerk in real life but you can tell when he comes out to all the screaming fans he loves it and I think he does appreciate it.

I'm going to go against the grain and say Batista. Only because everything I've read about Randy, he's just an asshole outside of the ring and treats fans like garbage. No matter how you look at it, bad PR is bad PR, and he shouldn't have the responsibility of world champ if he can't ever find the time to pose for a quick picture.

I'm going to go against the grain and say Batista. Only because everything I've read about Randy, he's just an asshole outside of the ring and treats fans like garbage. No matter how you look at it, bad PR is bad PR, and he shouldn't have the responsibility of world champ if he can't ever find the time to pose for a quick picture.

While Randy is a bit of a dumb ass outside of the ring, so is batista. I have heard on numerous occasions that Batista is rude and ignorant when doing signings for fans and taking pictures. He doesnt even look at the camera when he is taking a picture. So i wouldnt say Batista is an angel next to Rany Orton.

I would have to go with Randy with out a doubt, he is young, gets great heel heat and can put on some great matches with the likes of HBK and Y2J. While on the other hand Batista is just a waiste of space, he is stiff in the ring, boring as hell, and can only work a good match when his with the undertaker. So my vote goes to Randy Orton he is much better than Boretista!

Both are total asses outside of the ring (as ^--- said). When it comes to in-ring skills this without a doubt goes to Randy Orton. Not that he's amazing, but because Batista is just complete shit. Mic skills again go to Orton, Orton is very charismatic, Batista is not. The only pro to Batista is that he is more over with the fans. Orton is over but not as much. They both have had generally the same amount of success, Batista maybe slightly more. I would have to choose, without a doubt, Randy Orton. RKO may not be the best, but Batista (like I said before) is just complete shit.

Definitely Orton, gotta love his confident cocky style. Without his cocky style, I don't see him anywhere. He is a great heal and I don't see him being face anytime soon. He's great where he is. He's going to carry the company, while still at a young age.

The reason I didn't pick Batista is for a number of reasons. First of all, for the last couple of months he's been wrestling The Great Khali in pay-per-view matches and turns out to be the most boring est 10 minutes of my life. Then he moves on to the Undertaker, and still he has horrible matches. He was better off on Raw.

Batista without a doubt. Why? Because Batista has entertained me at least 8 times over the last year. Orton hasn't managed to entertain me in the last 3.5 years. So Batista wins by default.

But both are dull wrestlers. Orton frequently has good matches. But considering how heavily he's pushed he should be having the occasional great match. He's capable of having them as well. I just think he falls into the lazy wrestler category along with Carlito, Jeff Hardy etc.

While Randy is a bit of a dumb ass outside of the ring, so is batista. I have heard on numerous occasions that Batista is rude and ignorant when doing signings for fans and taking pictures. He doesnt even look at the camera when he is taking a picture. So i wouldnt say Batista is an angel next to Rany Orton.

That depends on whom you speak to. A friend of mine met Batista at the famous "Bookends" bookstore in Northern NJ recently and said he was great. Laid back, funny, and very casual. That same friend also mentioned that, after the owner of the bookstore tried to rush a fan seeking a photo with Batista, well good ole Dave started down the store owner as if to say "relax, dude." I think Batista is a man who just likes to go at his own pace and doesn't feel he owes anything to anyone apart from giving his 100% best in the ring. He's like the Russel Crowe of pro wrestling.

Orton, on the other hand, goes out of his way to piss people off. Almost every story I've heard about him outside the ring is a testament to his arrogance and brashness.

Despite that, I would pick Orton. Jake makes fair points about Batista's entertainment value, but plain and simple Randy is younger. He's got time to mature, develop, and carve out a niche for himself. Plus, what he put himself through in his Intercontinental Title match vs Mick Foley that one year (Summerslam I think) earned my respect. Orton has it in him to pull out all the stops and make a great match happen. It's up to Vince to keep him motivated.

I'm gonna have to say Batista, but I have a reason. Randy IS younger, more entertaining, and a better all around wrestler. Batista is ALMOST as entertaining as Orton, plays his role as a huge former bouncer turned pro wrestler fairly well (no one really expects a moonsault from this guy, right?) and he can cut a decent promo when it calls for it. But the reason I picked Batista is that, dispite his age, he WILL last longer in the WWE than Randy Orton. And I don't feel I need to explain why, but I will anyways. Randy is a trouble maker. True, he's been good for a while, but they also just tightened the wellness policy loopholes, and I can see that as a man who failed once, Randy Orton will fail again. If you think about it, Randy Orton is a man that can't go any more than 6 months without his name being involved in somthing, whether it be the Signature Pharmacy bust, or Taking out a hotel room, or even shitty in a divas handbag. He's a deuch, and I can see the WWE getting rid of him LONG before they have to get rid of Batista. Thats why I voted for Batista. Not for his positives, but for Ortons Negatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back