• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

People Suck

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
So my grandmother got a card in the mail today saying that due to new budget cuts, her Medicare may be cut, causing her to pay more for fewer benefits. There was a place for her to write in and get more information about how much she would have to pay. I looked at the card and did a little research on it and I was right: it was a fraud.

Apparently this kind of card has been going around for years and it's a way to get your name on some insurance company mailing list. I know it's happened for years, but it's pathetic that people have no issue scaring old people to get them to send in their contact info.

Scams on the elderly are nearly at pandemic proportions. When I worked for a major bank's customer service, at least five calls a day pertained to an elderly woman or man being duped by a fraudulent e-mail, phone call, or mailer. People are sick.

What makes it worse is that thanks to Repukes it is easier to take advantage of them due to actual cuts or rumors of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back