I've decided to join the Army

I'm not in the army yet and technically won't be until I ship out.

Technically Milenko, you won't be in the Army until you graduate basic. You'll have all that time in basic and even AIT to not wash out.

Other than that good luck man, keep your nose clean, and just remember basic will be the most hilarious time in your life, but don't laugh at the DI, at least not when he/she is around.

Also, congrats on getting the MOS you wanted, not a lot of people get that. Unless they've got fairly high ASVAB scores. I sure as hell didn't get the job I wanted in the Air Force, but was able to make the best of it.

I don't really understand this move. If you want to be a chef/cook why not join a chef school or get a job in a restaurant kitchen. Alternatively if you wanted to shoot muslims, blow up innocent women and children or just invade countries unjustly the you should join the US army.

images
images

Also how does this affect your engagement? Will you actually meet your fiancee before you leave as she may not want to wait 6 or however many years it is before you can escape the army?

I don't really understand this move. If you want to be a chef/cook why not join a chef school or get a job in a restaurant kitchen.

Pretty sure he already explained this, Military pays for his school, plus he gains experience cooking for his fellow troops. Perhaps more reading & less trolling would do you a little good.

Alternatively if you wanted to shoot muslims, blow up innocent women and children or just invade countries unjustly the you should join the US army.

He's joining the army not the fucking Taliban you fuck. It's one thing to shit on Milenko, but shitting on the troops as a whole, is just plain douchey.

Also how does this affect your engagement? Will you actually meet your fiancee before you leave as she may not want to wait 6 or however many years it is before you can escape the army?

Once again pretty sure he covered this, had you actually taken 2 seconds to read the fucking thread & not been so hell bent I'm trying to be a fuckhead & troll the kid (who is finally doing something decent with his life) you would seen the answer to your question already.

Wait... did I just defend Milenko?, holy shit the world really must be coming to an end.

He's joining the army not the fucking Taliban you fuck. It's one thing to shit on Milenko, but shitting on the troops as a whole, is just plain douchey.

Some US soldiers can be accused of this as well.

Miley may as well join the taliban, there's always the 72 virgins he can look forward to.

Originally Posted by justinsayne
Pretty sure he already explained this, Military pays for his school, plus he gains experience cooking for his fellow troops. Perhaps more reading & less trolling would do you a little good.

I read it all Justin and I got that he was fed a lot of bullshit about the positives of joining the army. Good wage, housing, a chance of a job when he leaves.

To me it sounds like the recruiter (who needs numbers) was able to bullshit a young innocent man who is having trouble finding direction in his life into joining the army to fight wars (or cook) that most people disagree with. The taliban corrupts young people with their misinterpretation of the Quran and promises of martyrdom so they join the fight, while the US army currupts their young with promises of money are other perks. Don't forget if he dies while serving all this will mean jack and shit!

Here are some things the recruiter (probably) did not mention

American Deaths in Iraq
As of May 28, 2010, there were 4,404 dead and 31,827 wounded in action (WIA)

American Deaths in Afghanistan
At the end of May 2010, the number of American fatalities was reported to have reached 1,000. By June 2011, the total number went up to 1,610

Also I don't remember any well known chef say they learnt their trade in the army either.

Not shitting on either just asking questions and stating facts.

Civilians killed as a result of U.S-led military actions in Afghanistan.
* direct deaths: at least 6,215 - 9,007
* indirect deaths in initial invasion: 3,200 - 20,000
* direct & indirect deaths: 9,415 - 29,007

Once again pretty sure he covered this, had you actually taken 2 seconds to read the fucking thread & not been so hell bent I'm trying to be a fuckhead & troll the kid (who is finally doing something decent with his life) you would seen the answer to your question already.

I don't see anything from Milenko in this thread in relation to my questions about his fiancee. Perhaps you should stop being blinded by your love of the US army and actually read what was posted.

Wait... did I just defend Milenko?, holy shit the world really must be coming to an end.

Nope, you got on your high horse as you love the US army (or are you an Army recruiter) and wanted to defend them. Stop bullshitting that you came here to defend Milenko as it is just a LIE.

Also Milenko I a not hating on your decision as if it is what you want then great. I was simply asking a few questions about your situation as if it is culinery skills you desire and money then there are easier ways to get these than signing up.

I read it all Justin and I got that he was fed a lot of bullshit about the positives of joining the army. Good wage, housing, a chance of a job when he leaves.
hows that bullshit? It's not like he offered him a promotion or something.
To me it sounds like the recruiter (who needs numbers) was able to bullshit a young innocent man who is having trouble finding direction in his life into joining the army to fight wars (or cook) that most people disagree with.
obviously you're one of those people.
The taliban corrupts young people with their misinterpretation of the Quran and promises of martyrdom so they join the fight,
while the US army currupts their young with promises of money are other perks.
Difference is, The US army isn't making them kill themselves or people who are not willing to fight back. and they're getting their money after it's done.
Don't forget if he dies while serving all this will mean jack and shit!
Obviously a risk he is willing to take.

My advice, choose a specialization that would help you get a job once you are done your service.

I can't stress how right this is enough.

I did 6 years in the service and luckily I picked a career that not only had potential on the outside, but is very good job as a civilian. If you pick the right career in the service, it can turn into a much higher paying career as a civilian. Whether you get out after your first term or become a lifer, you won't be that old when you retire. It's best to at least try and plan for the future.

I'm not gonna get into my beliefs with people but seriously why are some of you shitting on Milenko for trying to do something that could very well better his life in the long run? Who cares if that's not what YOU would do, it obviously works for him.

Not only that he said that he actually WANTS to do this, but some of you fucks talk about him like he's gonna be a terrorist killing innocent people. Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Now that is off my chest congrats dude, you have plenty of reasons for wanting to do it and I wish you all the best, I hope you get what you want out of it and make it back safely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back