I Love America

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Truly I do. How great is it to live in a country where a woman that's worked for 40 years and has completely turned her life around after having alcohol and drug problems when she was FOURTEEN is turned down for insurance because she has a bad leg and a skin condition. Now, because she was turned down for having those terrible "pre existing conditions", she's having to find another way to pay for treatment for skin cancer.

God bless America. And may God bless my two Republican senators that are fighting to keep this current system "for the good of the people."

canadaphysicalmap.jpg

Just Saying.

Legalize co-ops and let a more efficient private industry run the program. I would love everyone to be insured, but I don't remember where it said it was government's right to take over private industry. And, judging by their success with the trains and the postal service, I would hope it stays that way.

Co-ops and Provate industry...>FTW!!!!

It's the government's job to take care of the people when they need it. A woman that works in a hospital 40 hours a week helping people regain the abilities to function after being injured should not have to deal with this. That is something that never should happen, not once, ever.

She was in a car wreck when she was 14 and the engine of the car she was in was stuck on her legs for 40 minutes. That's why her leg is screwed up. That's why no insurance company will take her. Oh that and a disease that makes her skin red.

Yeah, what we have is working GREAT.

It's the government's job to take care of the people when they need it. A woman that works in a hospital 40 hours a week helping people regain the abilities to function after being injured should not have to deal with this. That is something that never should happen, not once, ever.

Well, we'll agree to disagree.

Sorry to hear though. It's sad. She should apply for disability and go on Medicaid like my father did. It took less than a month for it to go through.

Call the social security office and ask about SSI. After she gets approved for that, you show Humana a letter and they manage your Medicaid money. You kinda get screwed for about three months a year. I help my dad through it, and being that you can do the same for your mom, I see a fast recovery in your future. I've been through it, it's a pain in the ass, but the government saw the immediacy of my dad's situation when he had TTP, and they approved the treatment befire he was approved for medicaid.

No, we did the other option: paid for it ourselves. She has far too much pride to use "help" (her word not mine).

This is absurd, end of everything. This should be illegal.

So, the government has help for her, and she chose not to take it, and it's the Republican's fault?

Dude, I understand you're being upset, but there comes a point where it's no one's fault, or even everyone's fault, and it's not political. Medicaid is there for things like this. She's been paying into it, I've been paying into, you've been paying into it. Sometimes pride gets in the way. It was there for her.

So, the government has help for her, and she chose not to take it, and it's the Republican's fault?

Dude, I understand you're being upset, but there comes a point where it's no one's fault, or even everyone's fault, and it's not political. Medicaid is there for things like this. She's been paying into it, I've been paying into, you've been paying into it. Sometimes pride gets in the way. It was there for her.

Reason why I would say it's political: today alone, three commercials from McConnel saying that Kentuckians should be making their voices heard that not a thing should be changed. From everything I've read, and granted I could be wrong, the plan Obama listed in his speech a few months ago would cover her. That's the plan that my representatives in government want to kill apparently. I know the argument is vote against them, but this state is redder than a Santa outfit. We're lucky. I can afford to pay out of pocket for this. If I couldn't, my mom gets sicker and sicker because we can't afford to pay for it. That to me makes it political.

Legalize co-ops and let a more efficient private industry run the program. I would love everyone to be insured, but I don't remember where it said it was government's right to take over private industry. And, judging by their success with the trains and the postal service, I would hope it stays that way.

Co-ops and Provate industry...>FTW!!!!

People's HEALTH shouldn't be a fucking private "industry".

FTS wouldn't like England, he couldn't own all of his guns.

Well, we'll agree to disagree.

Sorry to hear though. It's sad. She should apply for disability and go on Medicaid like my father did. It took less than a month for it to go through.

Call the social security office and ask about SSI. After she gets approved for that, you show Humana a letter and they manage your Medicaid money. You kinda get screwed for about three months a year. I help my dad through it, and being that you can do the same for your mom, I see a fast recovery in your future. I've been through it, it's a pain in the ass, but the government saw the immediacy of my dad's situation when he had TTP, and they approved the treatment befire he was approved for medicaid.

Realized I didn't reply to this.

Yes, that's true that something like that could work. However, why should you or anyone have to go through some big ordeal like that? Why should someone have to go through the mental issues of havign to put up with months like that or have to go through some big issue like that instead of being able to have peace of mind?

People's HEALTH shouldn't be a fucking private "industry".

But, according to this administration, nothing should be. That's the point.

FTS wouldn't like England, he couldn't own all of his guns.

I could. I'd just have to keep them hidden.

Realized I didn't reply to this.

Yes, that's true that something like that could work. However, why should you or anyone have to go through some big ordeal like that? Why should someone have to go through the mental issues of havign to put up with months like that or have to go through some big issue like that instead of being able to have peace of mind?

In all honesty, it wasn't that big of an ordeal. The doctor proclaimed my dad unfit to work, he faxed that letter to the Social Security Administration and they approved all treatment ahead of his enrollment. Once he was enrolled, he was billed a minimal co-pay retroactively.

I think you guys are missing what I want. I do not mind the idea of national healthcare. I wish everyone could be covered. I just don't want the government running it. If the government wants to raise money to insure the uninsured, that's fine, but that money should be given to private industry because private industry can use that money more efficiently. My dad's SSI and Medicaid is run by Humana, and it is run very well and costs him minimally. It really is a solid option. I just feel that the government has shown time and again that when it over-regulates, or takes control of an industry, it does a terrible job. Look at the mortgage industry, the postal service, the train service....these industries are disasters. Would you want the government that runs these industries running your healthcare? This isn't a partisan issue. It doesn't matter who is in control of these essential, everyday services. Every administration has failed. Look at the current legislation for health care. The government won't cover mammograms for women under 50. Breast cancer doesn't have an age minimum. It doesn't ID you. It just strikes. Little pieces of the bill like this scare the shit out of me. Sure, they'll take care of preexisting conditions, but should you have to wait until you're 50 to find out you have the condition?

Thank you KB for not taking anything personally. I was offering a bit of advice. I've had to go through this situation before, and I thought I could help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back