• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OK, let's air this out

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Is there an institutional bias against me?

Actually, no. Scratch that. I know there is. Now I want somebody to admit it.

Last year. Rookie of the Year award. I had more than enough nominations to qualify. I was excluded while others who had fewer nominations than me made it to the ballot.

Last night. I posted something about Josh Brolin in the WZCW discussion thread. Somebody must have deleted it or the board is acting funny, because I can't see it now. And I know the board isn't acting funny.

Today. WZ Debate League sing-ups. I'm being passed over for Sign Guy, IDR, and Ferbian, among others? Is that some sort of joke? How is first come, first serve going to generate the best debating when a lot of the participants are down right droppings from droppings on the bottom of the bottom of the barrel?

So, either admit that I'm being singled out for some reason or answer me this: Is the board acting screwy for anyone else?

I don't know how it functions. But I would love to hear why in the world you think I don't qualify for the debater's league? Much less what you have against me? Was it because I disagreed that Bockwinkel was better than Kurt? You weren't the only one dude.

And the board is messing up a little bit right now. Could very well be the case for the discussion thread. I cannot answer that question. Wish I could.

Not everything's about Nick Bockwinkel. I just think you offer little of value.

Thanks for being honest, GD. That's all I want.

Here's a post about Wade Barrett injuring Mark Henry:

I think it's fair to say Wade fucked up here. That said, that fuck up was almost inevitable. A quick consultation of Wikipedia tells me that Mark Henry weighs exactly - hang on a second - 392 pounds. I tend to deal in metric, but even I know that's a fucking lot. It wouldn't really be fair to punish Wade for failing to complete a nigh on impossible task. At least the spot looked impressive.

I'm amazed they even had someone that's not built like a brick shithouse - i.e. Cena, Sheamus - attempt a move like that. If they wanted to put Barrett over, they should have given him someone who wasn't impossible to slam.

So really, refuting my earlier statement, it was the fault of whoever planned the spot/let it go ahead. On a related note, I'd be amazed if Wade holding his back afterwards wasn't real. That shit'll rip your back up.

I guess you're in your full position to feel I offer little value. But do you honestly think that just because you feel this way that it puts you in a position to be heard when you talk about removing other posters who, while they might not be as good, can still offer something to the tournament?

To assume that someone just because they're either less established. Or because you don't like them. That it makes it for the common description of the person "Oh boy Coco doesn't like Ferbian, well let's kick his ass out of here then. I liked him though, but Coco didn't. Oh well"? :rolleyes:

I guess you're in your full position to feel I offer little value. But do you honestly think that just because you feel this way that it puts you in a position to be heard when you talk about removing other posters who, while they might not be as good, can still offer something to the tournament?
You're right. While we're at it, they should have cast the first guy who walked in the room to play Omar Little. And Russell Hantz shouldn't have been on Survivor: Samoa because he wasn't one of the first twenty to apply.

First come, first serve is a joke when you're out to put the best and brightest of the forum on display. So yes, I absolutely should be heard.

To assume that someone just because they're either less established. Or because you don't like them. That it makes it for the common description of the person "Oh boy Coco doesn't like Ferbian, well let's kick his ass out of here then. I liked him though, but Coco didn't. Oh well"? :rolleyes:
That was highly disjointed and wholly underwhelming. If you couldn't nail that, why would I want to read twenty paragraphs of debate from you?

Also, "establsihed" has nothing to do with it. nickb03 is my boy.

Established, praise, whatever you wanna call it. Nick has gotten praise. And would definitely fit in there. I just don't see why you would want someone out when they could very well surprise?

I mean we've discredited people before haven't we? And look at those people now. I know a fair deal that I've discredited and changed my mind about, or been proved wrong.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that you're not in your right to be heard. But I am saying that why should we turn around and consider your opinion the one and only opinion that matters just because you didn't get included? Well boo-fucking-hoo dude. Sure it might be fun and all that. But in the end. It's just a damn tournament.

Hell I would love to be in there as well. But I sure as hell don't want to create a fuss about it if it's such a damn big deal for you. Then I don't care if I'm not in it or not. I'll let the others decide who they rather wanna see. I'll gladly give up my spot if you stop complaining.

I love how when I lay out my case at someone else's expense, I'm creating a "fuss."

If Sly, FTS, or whoever else that I believe to be decent didn't make it there before registration ended and wanted in, I'd make the same case for them as well. Why? There are some people who are objectively superior to those who got there first. Don't get so butthurt over it. Somebody has to be shit so that we know good posters are just that.

Anyhow, I don't think it's too early to discredit you. Almost 1700 posts in nine months means I know all I need to about you. You're fine at making thread after thread and commenting everywhere like the busybody you are, but little of what you say makes you one of the best we have around here. You've proven you're reliable for being online and active, so you're a good candidate for shovling shit as a moderator, but that's about all.

Well you kinda are creating a fuss. You're throwing it up like everybody is out to get you Coco.

Besides I'm not butthurt over it. I just don't see why you think you should be complaining about it. Sure I get we'd have a better tournament out of it. But I don't think it's fair to disallow the people that wants to participate. All I can say is take it up with Phoenix and / or D-man privately to be included. I'm sure we can mash up a spot for 2 more.

And sure I get that I'm nowhere near the best on this forum. But that doesn't put me in a position for an automatic "ban" from participating in the tournament now does it? There's a fair deal of people that are by far better than me. Some are already in the tournament. Some are the judges. And some just don't want to participate. Again, I would recommend you taking it up with the people running it rather than throwing it up into the air expecting someone else to catch it and make it bigger than it really is.

Besides, I've already said my case in this. I told you that if it's such a big problem. Then either just write me off it and take my place, or ask people who they'd rather see.

Well you kinda are creating a fuss. You're throwing it up like everybody is out to get you Coco.
Yes, the part about an institutional bias was utterly sincere.

Besides I'm not butthurt over it. I just don't see why you think you should be complaining about it.
You contradict yourself... HERE:

Sure I get we'd have a better tournament out of it.
You see exactly why I'm complaining.

But I don't think it's fair to disallow the people that wants to participate.
Not everyone who signs up for a reality show or auditions for a role in a movie gets the part. It's how the world works, and in the interest of quality, it's perfectly fair.

All I can say is take it up with Phoenix and / or D-man privately to be included. I'm sure we can mash up a spot for 2 more.
I never said I hadn't/wouldn't take(n) it up with them.

Ah, look: Another victim of the realities of the world.

*Edit* Darn it, GD. I know you're not actually RPing today... Way too early.

Basically Coco, you have a personality, so you're not always going to be popular.

Also, you spend more time in the Spam sections than you do in the Non Spam sections, apparently you have to "earn" that right. No, really.

First off, I'm not gonna turn it into a quote war. Simply easier to reply like this for this post.

Yes, the part about an institutional bias was utterly sincere.

But it's ridiculous to assume that. I mean wasn't it like a week ago the very people that you're crying out about praised you for being one of the better posters on here? (Yes I know perfectly well I'm contradicting myself again right here)

You contradict yourself... HERE:

You see exactly why I'm complaining.

Sure I do. But the tournament could be just fine with the people in there already. To assume otherwise is wrong because of the fact that there's no chance in hell you can predict the outcome of the tournament's quality just by looking at the members.

Not everyone who signs up for a reality show or auditions for a role in a movie gets the part. It's how the world works, and in the interest of quality, it's perfectly fair.

True that. But why do we have to adapt to the rest of the world? Do you really wanna mark WZ as another part of the mindless drone army that the world consists of where everyone is doing the same because it makes sense?

Why not adapt to something else, make sense of that?

I never said I hadn't/wouldn't take(n) it up with them.

Very well. I was merely assuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back