• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] ROH Thread

If any1 wants to see some amazoing ROH matches go to rohvideos.com. The ROH ppv news is amazing and i will definetly buy everyone. I hope they can get a tv deal soon, that would be amazing.

I would like to share that the 6/9 Philly show was incredible! It was the first time I got to see Bryan Danielson live and he did not disappoint. He and Nigel McGuiness put on one of the best matches I have ever seen. It was actually taped for PPV so you guys will all get to see what could be the match of the year! All around great show, as usual.

How long does it usually take a ROH show to be produced on DVD after the event occurs? And, will the PPV showings effect their DVD release time frames or amount of DVD releases?

And, how do you people see the PPV deal affecting DVD sales?

I noticed this, as on the link in to this section there is something that says talk about your favourite Ring of Honor Superstars. Well in general there is no thread to talk about said Ring of Honor Superstars, in a Ring of Honor thread.

So this is what this thread is about. Talk about Ring of Honor Superstars and upcoming Ring of Honor shows on this thread. If you go to a show come into this thread and give a review of it and say whether it will be worth buying on DVD when it comes out.
So, is this also the forum that people can come to bash and ridicule ROH? All in good fun, and completely by the rules, of course. :D

Well honestly I haven't seen much of ROH. I've seen some Bryan Danielson stuff, alot of CM Punk and Samoa Joe stuff, as well as some other great stuff featuring Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin.

Anybody wanna post some links to some ROH matches on YouTube or DailyMotion? I'm always searching for them but it always just shows results as ROH's Livewire show.
So wait. All that time we were arguing on YouTube on the Cena/Danielson match, you really had watched very little ROH stuff and "some" AmDrag stuff? Wow, that is funny! Well played sir. I had you pegged as an ROH fan from 2002.

How long does it usually take a ROH show to be produced on DVD after the event occurs? And, will the PPV showings effect their DVD release time frames or amount of DVD releases?

And, how do you people see the PPV deal affecting DVD sales?

So, is this also the forum that people can come to bash and ridicule ROH? All in good fun, and completely by the rules, of course. :D

So wait. All that time we were arguing on YouTube on the Cena/Danielson match, you really had watched very little ROH stuff and "some" AmDrag stuff? Wow, that is funny! Well played sir. I had you pegged as an ROH fan from 2002.

Take note that was in April, since then I've bought probably 20 ROH DVDs and have watched hours upon hours of matches online. And IMO, its the best wrestling promotion in the world right now. We never started arguing until probably late May early June. So I actually had seen quite a bit by the time we started arguing.

So wait....the ROH PPV started in the beginning of this month on On-Demand right? So I could go buy it right now? I'm gonna go check on that one..

Let me know Xfearbefore how you come out with your ON DEMAND ! Predicment, anyways though, Slyfox it takes about 2-3 months for a new DVD to get produced...Im still waiting for Colt's last show.

Newswire For The Week Of June 10th
Monday, June 11, 2007

June 11th: Matt Sydal has selected his partner for his ROH World Tag Team Title shot against Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe on June 22nd in Dayton. It will be a rematch of the show stealing match from ROH's "Respect Is Earned" PPV taping, but with a different twist. Sydal has selected a competitor who is very familiar with The Briscoes. Dayton on June 22nd will see Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Matt Sydal & Claudio Castagnoli in a 2/3 Falls Match for the ROH World Tag Team Titles. The Briscoes requested a 2/3 Falls Match so they can keep their streak alive of winning these bouts in two straight falls. They defeated the duo of Austin Aries & Roderick Strong in two straight falls at "Dedicated" last January and then the duo of Castagnoli & Chris Hero in two straight falls last Saturday in Philadelphia. Can The Briscoes keep the streak alive in Dayton? We'll have much more on this match in the upcoming weeks. Get tickets now at ROHwrestling.com or by calling 215-781-2500.

June 11th: "Death Before Dishonor" will be a weekend event on August 10th in Boston and August 11th in Philadelphia. If you missed last Friday's event in Boston you missed the hottest crowd and show in ROH history in the Boston area. It was a first class, comfortable building at the Reggie Lewis Track & Recreation Center. We invite you to join us on August 10th. Already signed is Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico in a Boston Street Fight and if The Briscoes are still World Tag Team Champions the belts will be on the line. Claudio Castagnoli will get his first shot at the ROH World Title on August 10th. It is always an event when ROH is back home in Philadelphia. Already signed for August 11th is No Remorse Corps of Roderick Strong, Davey Richards & Rocky Romero vs. Delirious & The Resilience of Erick Stevens & Matt Cross in a Philadelphia Street Fight plus Brent Albright will challenge for the ROH World Title. Tickets are now on sale for both shows at ROHwrestling.com or by calling 215-781-2500.

June 11th: The buy 3, get 1 free sale is back at www.ROHwrestling.com on ROH show, Straight Shootin' and Secrets Of The Ring DVDs. This includes new releases like 4/13 "This Means War II" (Takeshi Morishima & Chris Hero vs. Nigel McGuinness & Doug Williams) and 4/14 "Fighting Spirit" (McGuinness vs. Morishima in a brutal ROH World Title Match). SHIMMER Women Athletes Volume 8 is also now available for immediate worldwide shipping at ROHwrestling.com. The main event of this release features the third match in the series between "The American Angel" Sara Del Rey and "The Latina Sensation" Mercedes Martinez! Cheerleader Melissa and MsChif put their differences aside to form a tag team against "The Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew" of Lacey and Rain. Tiana Ringer tests her skills against one of SHIMMER's top stars in Daizee Haze. Plus Nattie Neidhart makes her final SHIMMER appearance against the Portuguese Princess Ariel, Allison Danger battles Canada's LuFisto, as well as Nikki Roxx, Cindy Rogers, Serena Deeb, and more of the very best women wrestlers in action!

June 11th: Read the article on the main page of ROHwrestling.com to find out why Davey Richards is stuck in the middle of the KENTA vs. Rocky Romero bout on June 22nd in Dayton.

June 11th: Tickets are selling fast for ROH's 2nd PPV taping on June 23rd in Chicago Ridge, IL at the Frontier Fieldhouse. This promises to be a huge event. The only way to see Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA and Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney, Tank Toland & Bobby Dempsey until the DVD is released after the PPV airs is to be there live on June 23rd. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico is confirmed to be on ROH's 2nd PPV. We have also learned that ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima will defend the belt on June 23rd. There is an article on the main page of ROHwrestling.com with the complete talent roster for this PPV taping.

June 11th: Bryan Danielson needed three stitches in his head to close a huge wound from headbutting Nigel McGuinness last Saturday in Philadelphia. This main event match of the year quality bout and the fact it was taped for ROH's second PPV were presented as a complete surprise to the fans of Philly. This is one reason why you can't miss a live ROH event. You never know what will happen!!! This match will not be included on the 6/9 DVD and will first be seen on ROH's second PPV. The 6/9 DVD will be released before the PPV airs. If you weren't there live in Philly you will have to wait until September to see this match that everyone is raving about.
__

June 14th: The ROH roster is in a state of transition now. The question being asked among fans and inside the ROH office is who will step up as the new stars and the new main eventers? Who will elevate their position on the card? The top spots are up for grabs. ROH officials are currently working out the details for a tournament to determine who will race to the top. We will have more details next week in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire.

June 14th: A gauntlet series has been added to 6/22 in Dayton!!! This will be a series of consecutive singles matches. The winner will face the next participant until there is only one man standing. Order of entry is totally random and drawn on the night of the show. There is no telling what match you will see. Signed to participate are: Delirious, Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney, Adam Pearce, Pelle Primeau and Jimmy Rave. Who will break out of the pack and win the gauntlet series in Dayton?

June 14th: One more big singles match has been signed for 6/22 in Dayton. Boston last weekend witnessed a hard-hitting bout between Brent Albright and BJ Whitmer. Frustrations overtook Whitmer and he was disqualified in this bout. Now the rematch will take place in Dayton and this time it will be No DQ. Whitmer vs. Albright is always a very physical match and now they won't have to worry about being disqualified in Dayton. This will be the final meeting between these two hard-hitters.

June 14th: There will be a huge sale this weekend at www.ROHwrestling.com to celebrate Father's Day. Check the main page of ROHwrestling.com this weekend for details. The sale will include new releases like 3/30 "All Star Extravaganza III" from Detroit. You'll see it all from legends to the best from all over the United States and Japan. Check out this all star lineup: ROH all stars vs. Dragon Gate all stars in an incredible eight man tag pitting Austin Aries, Delirious, Claudio Castagnoli & Rocky Romero vs. CIMA, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito; Roderick Strong vs. Jack Evans in an athletic battle; Homicide vs. Christopher Daniels; Nigel McGuinness vs. Brent Albright; YAMATO vs. Pelle Primeau; Shingo & Naruki Doi defend the ROH World Tag Team Titles vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe including a surprise return; BJ Whitmer & Daizee Haze vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Lacey in an Anything Goes Match; a battle of hard-kickers sees Davey Richards vs. Masaaki Mochizuki; Colt Cabana vs. Adam Pearce vs. Matt Sydal vs. Chris Hero plus more including a confrontation between Larry Sweeney and Bruno Sammartino. This show has it all!!! Order now for immediate delivery at ROHwrestling.com.

June 14th: ROH will be well represented on the next NOAH tour as ROH prepares for its first ever shows in Japan in the middle of July. Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe, Rocky Romero and Davey Richards will all compete in NOAH from 6/28 to 7/15. This will be Richards' debut in Japan. All the other competitors have seen action in NOAH. There will be news coming soon about ROH's big shows in Japan including some very unique matches.

June 14th: TICKET ALERT: Tickets are once again selling quickly for ROH's return to the Manhattan Center. Don't risk getting shut out and get your tix now at for 8/25 at the Manhattan Center at ROHwrestling.com or by calling 215-781-2500. You can expect this to be another loaded card.

June 14th: There will be lots of news coming next week about ROH's second PPV taping, which will be 6/23 in Chicago. Tickets are selling fast and this is sure to be a special event. Don't miss your chance to witness ROH's second PPV live and show the world what Chicago means to ROH.

June 14th: Ring Of Honor is ready for the big return to one of its best towns of Dayton on June 22nd. Save big on tickets this weekend at ROHwrestling.com. Here is the current lineup:

Dayton, Ohio
June 22, 2007
Montgomery County Fairgrounds
1043 S. Main St, Dayton, Ohio, 45409
8:00pm belltime

Tickets are available at www.rohwrestling.com, www.tickets.com , or by calling (215) 781-2500.

ROH All Stars vs. NOAH All Stars
Bryan Danielson & Nigel McGuinness vs. ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji

ROH World Tag Team Title Match- 2/3 Falls
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Matt Sydal & Claudio Castagnoli

NOAH vs. No Remorse Corps
KENTA vs. Rocky Romero

Grudge Tag Team Match
Roderick Strong & Davey Richards vs. Erick Stevens & Matt Cross

No DQ Match
BJ Whitmer vs. Brent Albright

Gauntlet Series (series of consecutive singles matches with the winner taking on the next randomly drawn participant until only one man is left)
Competitors are in alphabetical order: Delirious, Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney & Tank Toland, Adam Pearce with Shane Hagadorn, Pelle Primeau and Jimmy Rave

Special Attraction
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Irish Airborne

Plus more to be signed with: Lacey & Jimmy Jacobs and others!!!

Newswire For The Week Of June 17th
Monday, June 18, 2007

June 18th: ROH is getting ready for a huge weekend this Friday in Dayton and this Saturday in Chicago. You can save 25% on tickets at www.ROHwrestling.com until 9pm TONIGHT so act now!!! The eyes of the Japanese media will be on Dayton as ROH's shows in Japan this July approach. Dayton will see three of NOAH's top stars in action. KENTA takes on Rocky Romero in a battle of the best kickers and strikers going today. One half of the double main event will see a rare ROH all star team of Nigel McGuinness & Bryan Danielson vs. the NOAH all star team of ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji. This one doesn't need any hype!!! This will be your only chance to see three top NOAH stars under one roof in Dayton. Act by tonight and save 25% on tickets at ROHwrestling.com. ROH will give you the most bang for your summer entertainment dollar.

June 18th: Be a part of history this Saturday in Chicago when ROH tapes its second PPV. Chicago is one of ROH's most historic towns and now all the Chicago area fans can show the entire United States what ROH is all about. The show will be formatted somewhat differently than ROH's first PPV taping. The entire first half of the event will be ROH's second ever PPV taping. After intermission will be several matches that will be taped exclusively for the DVD release of the show/PPV. This will include Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA "Glory By Honor V: Night 2" rematch and a grudge match pitting Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney, Tank Toland & Bobby Dempsey. You need to be there live to see these matches a few months before anyone else. You can save 25% on tickets until tonight at ROHwrestling.com.

June 18th: As you may have guessed by now, the 25% OFF EVERY ITEM SALE at www.ROHwrestling.com ends TONIGHT!!! Act now and save big on ROH live event tickets to all shows, all ROH DVDs, authentic Japanese merchandise plus over 1000 items from SHIMMER, FIP, TNA, WWE, NOAH, IWA Mid-South, UWA Hardcore and much, much more. This includes new ROH releases like 4/13 "This Means War II" featuring Takeshi Morishima & Chris Hero vs. Nigel McGuinness & Doug Williams plus: Grueling Six Man Elimination action pitting The Resilience of Austin Aries, Erick Stevens & Matt Cross vs. No Remorse Corps of Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero & Davey Richards; Jack Evans vs. Shingo; Brent Albright vs. Homicide; Jay Briscoe vs. Claudio Castagnoli; Delirious vs. Colt Cabana; Erick Stevens vs. El Generico vs. Jason Blade vs. Eddie Edwards; Sara Del Rey vs. Daizee Haze; Kevin Steen vs. Pelle Primeau and more!!! Save 25% on this item and many more until TONIGHT at ROHwrestling.com.

June 18th: One more match has been signed for the PPV portion of this Saturday's Chicago show. BJ Whitmer is looking to redeem himself and get his career back on track. Naomichi Marufuji wants to move into ROH World Title contention. It will be BJ Whitmer vs. Naomichi Marufuji this Saturday in Chicago!!!

June 18th: Need a ROH fix now? Check out www.ROHvideos.com and watch ROH for free. The entire Claudio Castagnoli vs. YAMATO match from 3/31 has just been added to the site. Also make sure to check out the Jimmy Jacobs Loves Lacey Story videos to see what happened in the hotel room. This is red hot and not for younger audiences. It is all FREE at ROHvideos.com.

June 18th: The intensity is building to a fever pitch. ROH is getting ready to tape its second PPV this Saturday in Chicago. Be there live and experience it for yourself. Here is the latest lineup:

Frontier Fieldhouse
June 23rd, 2007- 7:30pm belltime (PPV Taping)
9807 Sayre Ave.
Chicago Ridge, IL 60415

Tickets are available at www.rohwrestling.com, by calling (215) 781-2500, or www.tickets.com.

"Glory By Honor V: Night 2" Rematch
Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA

ROH World Tag Team Title Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe (if still champions) defend vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

Grudge Match
Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero w/Larry Sweeney, Tank Toland & Bobby Dempsey

Special Challenge Match
Naomichi Marufuji vs. BJ Whitmer

ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima Will Defend The Title!!!

Plus more with:
-No Remorse Corps of Roderick Strong, Davey Richards & Rocky Romero
-Claudio Castagnoli
-Matt Sydal
-Jimmy Rave
-Brent Albright
-The Resilience of Erick Stevens & Matt Cross
-Delirious
-Lacey & Jimmy Jacobs
-Adam Pearce with Shane Hagadorn
-Pelle Primeau
-Plus more to be added!!

I've watched some ROH matches online, and I am impressed with it. When can I catch it on TV.? I can't go see it live either, they seem to stay in the midwest.

i was wondering where i could maybe download some ROH shows... i can only watch some crappy videos on youtube of them, but i wanted to see more...

i guess i need to wait till ROH gets bigger, cuz TNA and WWE are easy to download the shows =/

I don't suppose it would do any good to advise you to buy the DVDs from rohwrestling.com? Seriously, I download all my wrestling except ROH. Not because I can't find it - I haven't looked, but because they're the only ones out there producing a product that's worth the money!

I gave it ago on DVD a couple of years back and I now own 108 ROH DVDS... The pile is taller than some of my friends.

The Bish

I finally watched the Ring of Honor: Respect is Earned PPV. HOLY SHIT. Amazing stuff. Delirious was awesome to watch in his contest with Roderick Strong (who I've really missed since his TNA departure). Plus, the tag title match with the Briscoes was a sight to behold. Also, the main event with McGuinness, Kenta, and Danielson was clearly indicative of why I fucking hate the WWE right now. ROH did for $10 and two hours what the WWE hasn't been able to do for me in years (and for much more money in several instances). TNA and ROH are all I'm going to be paying attention to anymore, I think. I have zero regret switching off the garbage on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. Man, what a great PPV.

^The next PPV will be some time in September- I don't think they've set the exact date. I do know that they taped a Bryan Danielson v. Nigel McGuiness match at the last Philly show and it will be a part of the next PPV. The match is absolutely sick- possibly one of the best matches I have EVER seen. Definately match of the year.

ino its ring of honor but it sounds good and i wanna get into it because im rly bored of wwe right now, i hate jon cena and how wwe works

^The next PPV will be some time in September- I don't think they've set the exact date. I do know that they taped a Bryan Danielson v. Nigel McGuiness match at the last Philly show and it will be a part of the next PPV. The match is absolutely sick- possibly one of the best matches I have EVER seen. Definately match of the year.

I take it you were there, I don't think I've ever seen a full ROH show, they never come around here and I don't know what DVDs to buy, i do know that the matches that I have seen on youtube have all been good, so I do like what they have to offer to me they are what ECW was back in the 90s, that third alternative brand that beats the shit out of the other two big companies, only to get raped of talent by the two big companies

ROH occassionally makes it up to Dayton, and I keep meaning to make the 50 mile roadie to see it. The last show didn't have Danielson or Nigel. I think it was actually headlined by Delirous. I hate going up to do Dayton though, that city is called little Detroit for a reason.

I would imagine if TnA does get the 4 hour Fox deal, someone is going to come along and sweep up ROH. Wrestling might become hot again. The Problem with ROH is, I wouldn't be sure how it would be marketed. I feel it is like ECW, once it goes mainstream, it's goign to ruin the product. But then again, it will have to if TNA and WWE go into a War. ROH is going to be the new ECW that gets plucked dry of its talent. Ah fucking confusins.

I take it you were there, I don't think I've ever seen a full ROH show, they never come around here and I don't know what DVDs to buy, i do know that the matches that I have seen on youtube have all been good, so I do like what they have to offer to me they are what ECW was back in the 90s, that third alternative brand that beats the shit out of the other two big companies, only to get raped of talent by the two big companies

I've been to the past 2 ROH shows in Philly and I will never miss another one. It's just so much better than WWE and even TNA (which I'm a huge fan of). And the live shows are so amazing- if you ever get the chance to attend one, you will not be disappointed.
I suggest hitting the ROH store on their website and buying some DVD's. Any show you get will be good. I also suggesting getting some "Best Of" DVD's if there are any ROH guys you specifically like. I am a huge fan of Austin Aries, Bryan Danielson and The Briscoes and I will tell you that ROH included some kick ass matches on the "Best Of" DVD's for those guys.

Ring of Honor got everything right with Respect is Earned.

They showed off all their talent, and gave everyone the chance to shine in every single match they put on. Marufuji vs Rocky Romero was by far one of the best matches I've ever seen in ROH, same with Sydal and Castagnoli vs The Briscoes (who I proudly say I'm a mark for.) I'm also really interested in seeing what pans out from this Morishima/Mcguinness/Danielson hate triangle, and I hope it gives Mcguinness the belt in the end, Its about time he gets some more gold put on him.

I am also anxiously awaiting the outcome of the Morishima/ McGuiness/ Danielson fued. I really dislike Morishima and I don't see him fit to carry the ROH title. Especially since they gave him the belt after only his 2nd match! I would be cool with Nigel getting a solid title run, but I'm a huge Danielson fan so I would loooove to see him be the first 2 time ROH champion.

I have downloaded a ton of ROH, but recently bought a few DVDs, ROH is the best Norht American wrestling promotion, so good that i am flying from Nashville to New York for the show on the 25th, actually i got an extra ticket for the show thats on the 7th row, if your intersted hit me up at [email protected], i'll only charge you the 25 bucks i payed for it i can't wait, the ppv was amazing and i love this promotion. Support this promotion so that they can get all of the mid carders in TNA a place to shine. I was ready to give up on wrestling then i found ROH. My issues with TNA go all the way back to them moving to Orlando and taking away my wensday night ritual (RIP asylum) and having recently attended the PPV in Nashville, their prduct has gone WAY down hill.

I am also anxiously awaiting the outcome of the Morishima/ McGuiness/ Danielson fued. I really dislike Morishima and I don't see him fit to carry the ROH title. Especially since they gave him the belt after only his 2nd match! I would be cool with Nigel getting a solid title run, but I'm a huge Danielson fan so I would loooove to see him be the first 2 time ROH champion.

because Morishima is a bad ass, i do agree that he dosen't need to be the face of the company and either Nigel or Dragon would be ideal for the face of the company, but one thing is for sure, THERE ARE GONNA BE SOME AWESOME MATCHES!!!!! ROH RULES

It'd be nice to see an English World Champion that isn't just for novelty, and ROH is always pushing the boundaries. If an obese Japanese guy named Morishima (which I always mispronounce) can hold the title, why not one of the best pure wrestlers in the world today, an English guy that can control himself in McDonalds named McGuinness?

I went to the ROH show in Philly last night and it was the single greatest wrestling show I have ever seen. With the exception of the Jack Evans v. Deranged match, all the matches were phenomenal. The Philly Street Fight was the best hardcore match I have ever seen- yes, even better than the old ECW hardcore matches! Absolutely amazing.

So what happened with the Evans/Deranged match, it suck or something, I did I read that right did you say that you saw a hardcore match that was better than the old ECW hardcore matches, danm never thought I 'd hear err, see those words ever come from you, RVDgurl, nice the hear you had a good time though, I wish ROH would come my way I really want to see what it's like live

So what happened with the Evans/Deranged match, it suck or something, I did I read that right did you say that you saw a hardcore match that was better than the old ECW hardcore matches, danm never thought I 'd hear err, see those words ever come from you, RVDgurl, nice the hear you had a good time though, I wish ROH would come my way I really want to see what it's like live

Yes, RVDgurl did say that ROH just put ECW to shame in regard to the hardcore match I witnessed! I never thought I would say that either, but it is the truth. Watch it.

The Jack Evans match was pretty terrible- and I like Jack. He and Deranged missed sooooo many spots in that match it was almost painful to watch. I actually felt bad for them because they just had no chemistry in the ring.

Okay ROH fans, I need help. Does anyone know the name/artist of Nigel McGuinness's current theme music. It is driving me crazy! Secondly, I attended the ROH show in Philly this weekend with RVDgurl and it was better than any ECW show i have ever seen. There was a guy there doing a documentary for a cable TV show, and at first he was just a "camera guy" doing his job. By the second or third match he was so intensely hooked it was awesome. Matt Cross is a maniac. Sabu fans would love him. The Briscoes showed that they are as talented in singles action as they are in tag team bouts. This was the best booking I have ever seen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back