• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Raw/Smackdown Aftermath, Ratings and Review Thread

Grade tonight's RAW.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
So, I just now got to watch the 15th anniversary episode of RAW tonight, First I work on monday nights, and second I recently canceled my Cable for money reasons, and so I have to get on late monday night after work and download Raw everyweek.

This week did not let me down I have to say...

I completely Marked out when RVD :robvandam: showed up! OMG THAT was the LAST thing I was expecting!

I was amazed at lethal weapon's shape, damn, he looked in better shape then some of the current superstars.

Trish is hot as all hell, and I was so happy when the crowd gave Lita the positive Pop, I was gonna be pissed if they booed her.

The ladder match was pretty good, had an awkward start, but I do have to say, Carlito impressed me, and that springboard was awesome. Hardy, well as of late I've began to expect close to perfection week in and week out, and he was as good as he has been lately.

and yeah, HHH's hints and shit toward stephanie cracked me up.

Hornswaggle spilling the beer on McMahon was great too!

Good show, stone cold was predictable, but exactly what everyone wants from him anymore...

One question, What was CM Punk drinking? the only thing I could guess would be pepsi, cause it looked like a blue can, and thats what threw me off... I was like, no way thats a miller light... really? and I saw Regal with his Coke and shit, but they never did the close up on Punk.

ehh, whatever, good show, I liked it alot

I though the show was completely weak!!

The only thing that got me was the surprise RVD return. Totally marked out for that as it was just not expected. But that aside there was nothing. The ladder match was good, but for a ladder match, kind of crappy. It was entertaining nonetheless but when you compare it to previous similar matches or even to what you would generally expect to find or get from a ladder match it was again weak. Spots were minimal (both in number and in impact), match didn't run for long enough as a whole and there was just something missing from it. And this so should have been the main-event ahead of Marty fkn Jannetty. Note to management: he doesn't actually work there!! Why is he headlining?

The 6 man tag I just skipped through. As much as I enjoyed seeing Evolution back together, seriously was there any fkn point to this? It was ******ed. Trips was in so many segments I almost died. He comes out to re-unite Vince with his long-lost one night nightmares. He comes out to re-unite Evolution. And about ten minutes later he runs out to re-unite DX. I mean seriously WTF!!?? And I thought TNA booking was ******ed. Dutch and Jarrett are looking like geniuses after this bullshit.

The ten man battle royal?? Don't we do this every fkn year at Mania?? Doesn't it happen at least once a year on Raw anyway when they run out of ideas to fill TV time, despite all the amazing talent thats sits there doing nothing? WASTE of fkn airtime!!!

I guess the biggest thing to piss me off was the fact that it was completely flashback mode. The Bisch/Y2J promo was fkn pointless and to be honest it was a reminder that Y2J doesn't have a role on the show. He is the number one contender for the WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! Can someone please fkn remind us of it and have Jericho and Orton kicking eachother's asses all over the place all night long!! Build some sort of fucking hype - for the love of the wrestling gods!! (I know - wrestling gods is cheesy - so sue me!).

Again back to the whole flashback mode thing.... Nothing on this show highlighted the current and future stars. Hogan should not have been there. Bischoff perhaps should not have been there. Etc. etc. I mean fair enough - honor the past. This is why there was so much video on the show!! Why do we have to bring in Bisch for a mean-nothing promo. If what he had to say was of any impact or consequence or just worthy of a listen than fair enough. Even a reference to him attempting to take down Raw with Nitro and getting so close would have been noteworthy. But he had nothing to say. It was basically, "hey Eric we need you to kill 5 minutes, just go out and say something. Here's a mic. Don't say anything interesting or you're fucked!". Why were all matches featuring talents from other eras, or talents paired into factions that no longer exist? Why did nothing on the show build towards the PPV. Armageddon was completely forgotten about. It was an afterthought to the mish-mash of random bullshit segments that they strung together to serve no particular purpose.

Bottom line it was a train-wreck. Even if you take the show as a "out the window, one night only, just for the fun of it" type of deal, you can't hide the fact that it was a poorly pieced together show. It was as I said one random segment after the other and it made no fkn sense. But worse of all it was ONLY JUST entertaining. If you give yourself the freedom to put anything up on that screen and can just manage to make it bearably worthwhile you have serious problems.

Omg some people just whine all day long. If u didnt like this Raw, then u wont like any other Raw because the 15th Anniversary is about as good as it gets. I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish. The Ladder match was awesome, the promos were great and the appearances were great too. The only thing that people shuld be whining about is the lack of quality matches. While that may be true, I didnt really care about the bad matches because this Raw was just amazing. It had awesome superstars even though it would have been nice for The Rock made an appearance even by video. The crowd was hot for 95% of the night. And Raw pulled a 4.1 rating which is damn good nowadays. The bottom line is THIS RAW WAS EXTREMLY ENTERTAINING. If u missed the show, I would stongly recommend you download it or something because you wont be disappointed.

Omg some people just whine all day long. If u didnt like this Raw, then u wont like any other Raw because the 15th Anniversary is about as good as it gets. I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish. The Ladder match was awesome, the promos were great and the appearances were great too. The only thing that people shuld be whining about is the lack of quality matches. While that may be true, I didnt really care about the bad matches because this Raw was just amazing. It had awesome superstars even though it would have been nice for The Rock made an appearance even by video. The crowd was hot for 95% of the night. And Raw pulled a 4.1 rating which is damn good nowadays. The bottom line is THIS RAW WAS EXTREMLY ENTERTAINING. If u missed the show, I would stongly recommend you download it or something because you wont be disappointed.

This Raw might have been entertaining, but ask yourself this question: What did it leave you looking forward to for the other shows? Did it do ANYTHING to hype SD!, Armageddon, or the next Raw? I mean, yeah, the show was good and all, but it was like watching a televised house show... NOTHING happened.

I know I'm almost a week to late, excuse me.

I was pleased with the 15th Anniversary Raw. Now, the first 15-20 minutes were my favorite due to me being a huge HHH/Stephanie mark. I love the teasers they do about their love life which everyone knows about.

As far as the ladder match it was decent, but I was hoping for a Jeff & Matt Hardy vs. Edge and someone else (I know it couldn't be Christian) just to bring some of the old ladder matches back around.

I wasn't shocked to see Marty due to what Kennedy did last week with having all the impostors coming out.

The battle royal had me calling everyone I used to watch wrestling with, it was just a bunch of nostalgia going around.

I admit the THIRD time HHH came out I was like "come on!" When I saw the Evolution segment I knew that Randy Orton wasn't going to "join" back the minute he walked out, lol.
I was excited to see RatedRKO back together but it's so funny how they say "UMAGA" as their third partner like that's supposed to just shock and amaze the crowd. We all saw that one coming.
What else?
It was nice to see Lita and Trish back in the ring and the Kane/Lita awkwardness was interesting but I was expecting Matt somewhere in the background.
The ending was not surprising what did surprise me was it not going off until 20 after. I kept looking at the time and yes, I was one of the ones HOPING, WISHING, and PRAYING that the Rock would show up after "Mankind" (since they're thinking it might not have been him, lol, Stone Cold, and the Undertaker came out but no. It pissed me off though, it's not the WWE fault though.
All in all it was a decent raw. I thoroughly enjoyed the clips that made me go "oh man, remember when.."

i thought it was amazing very good show but the slaming of khali by hogan just would not happen they made sure of it cause kahli is a bit bigger (not weight height) than andre and hogan is very old now and i mean he is nothing he was in the 20 ish years back i mean he was like cena back than huge face just money for vince at most he had 5 moves.

and that was just a big push for the ratings.

oh well

This Raw might have been entertaining, but ask yourself this question: What did it leave you looking forward to for the other shows? Did it do ANYTHING to hype SD!, Armageddon, or the next Raw? I mean, yeah, the show was good and all, but it was like watching a televised house show... NOTHING happened.

Because this Raw was so good, what im trying to say is that people will want to see more and more. And it did hype Armageddon unless you missed the bit where y2j put orton in the walls of jericho. Or u missed that confrontation between kennedy and hbk. It also had Smackdown superstars competing in matches which encourages fans to watch the Friday night show.

NOTHING HAPPENED???? Are you serious because loads of things happened on this episode. Ladder match, 6 man tag match, Hogan appearance, Vince announced himself as the biggest raw superstar in history only to get bashed later by mankind, undertaker and stone cold. So i guess your saying that Hogan, lita, trish, sunny, mankind and all the others would appear on a house show. Give a break!!!

It was a great show which i enjoyed.

For the people saying it was weak because of the matches and so on, the night wasnt made for matches, it was made for special apparences and guests! and for that it was a very great show!

The first segment between HHH and Vince was very funny. And hornswoggles expressions when the godfather came out was priceless!

The Ladder match was good for the time it was given. Good spots and im glad they kept carlito. it should of been given more time, but it was still good.

RVD appearing shocked the hell out of me and he did get a huge pop. Bring back RVD!

Hulk coming out to save hornswoggle was expected but still great to see hulk back on raw.

The battle royal was not good but it waas great to see the legends back and that was what the night was for.

Evoultion returning was also great and i wish they were still together! Edge and Randy orton Rated RKO was also good and it was a decent match. Good to See two good groups back in action! Brought back good memories!

And trish and lita coming and kicking jillians butt was great, best two female wrestlers off all time! geez i wish they were back they were great and looked very very good!

The jennety, Keneddy match was alright, but the crowd was dead! HBK came in for the save which further promoted their match at Armageddon.

And finally Vince naming himself greatest superstar was expected but it was great to see mankind, undertaker and stone cold back to back. And stone cold thanking the fans was great

Overall it was a great show with all the old faces coming back. it wasnt about the wrestling it was about the legends and wrestlers that made raw what it is today!

I agree, in fact I have thought Raw has been pretty weak for almost a year now. I am not seeing anything intersting and whenever something exciting has the potential to really take someone is suspended because of the drug policy. The Hardy Carlito match was not that good. I don't understand how everyone can get so hyped for a bland match that has been a hundred times over again. You might as well buy a best of Jeff Hardey DVD and save yourself the time of watching RAW every week. Some of the skits were funny, but I am tired of funny. I want to see some really good wrestling and some interesting matches. I think it was cheap for RAW to have a three hour special, but have almost and hour of that taken up with flashbacks. I did like seeing Trish, Lita, and RVD, but nothing actually happened. It was so boring. The Battle Royal really made me mad. They booked some great wrestlers and then let worst of all of them win. Scorpio or Blackman would have been a much better choice for the win.
So that is my opinion. I actually think TNA is more interesting lately than RAW.

This Episode Reminded Me How Great Raw Was Back In The Day, And How Subpar It Is Now. I Think The Acquisions Of Wcw And Ecw And The Brand Split Destroyed The Wwf, I Mean Wwe. That Sucks 2

Tonight's episode of Raw compared to the Anniversary one was stinker in my opinion. I agree that the anniversary one reminded me of it's glory days and how it's sunk to a level of mediocrity. And what is with Vince all of a sudden flipping out everytime he gets his ass kicked? Last time he flipped it was after he lost the ECW belt to Bobby Lashley. Now, it's after the claw from Mankind, Chokeslam by Taker and Stunner by Stone Cold. This whole crazy Vince McMahon thing didn't work the last time and it's not gonna work now. And you want to see how little confidence they have in Jericho, they take him from the WWE title to fighting JBL. And in the spot Jericho used to have is Jeff Hardy. I don't have a problem with Hardy going for the belt but ONLY if he actually gets a taste of the WWE title. And if the rumor is true that Triple H is backing Jeff Hardy, and considering Triple H put over Hardy at the PPV, maybe it'll happen. If it does, I see some hope. But if it doesn't, the sinking continues.

I was at the show last night and it was an ok Raw, but not that great compared to the previous ones that i have seen in Buffalo. The only problem i have is people talking about how mediocre Raw has become, honestly if you dont enjoy watching the show dont watch it. Everyone continues to bash Raw and WWE for old storylines, I say if you have a problem with it, dont watch it nobody is making you. And for last nights show it was okay, but thats what you would have to expect. It was following a PPV, which them raw's recently have not been too great and its over a month until the rumble, so they have to stall on some storylines to make sure they dont get old, its too early for ppl to start talking about the rumble, which is why HHH was in that match. So for the timing of the show, it wasn't that bad of a show, not great but what i expected.

Last nights Raw at first I thought too much talking was going on but then watched it a second time with my cousin and enjoyed it for being a decent show. The Diva's opening up was nice although when action goes on quickly it's hard to tell who is who when you have two blondes in there (kelly kelly and Michelle) the Vince was kinda interesting in that he was mumbling it made you kinda have to listen hard to what he was saying. HHH apologizing was unexpected I think they could have had Jeff out there to talk to Vince and then have Vince leave the area saying things that people couldn't understand. I do like Regal Wrestling it was nice to see him in there being a Vicious man once agian slamming HHH's Head with his foot into the Ringpost?
Flair cut another great promo but to cut to commercial I think the home audience kinda lost the flow when they did that. Match left a lot of questions like is this gonna be a DQ on Umaga? I did like how they showed Umaga destroy the barrier. Tag team match was also good with Cade and Murdock out there with a fire in them maybe they can make a nice feud for the belts in there but look out on the horizon is Carlito and Santino lol. Ultimately I would like to see Murdock and Rhodes as the Outlaws ,Yes I know Murdock is not in anyway related to Dirty Dick Murdock but I think they can pull it off. The end Tag Team match was pretty solid the workers in that match Orton Kennedy Micheals and Hardy the only way it could have stunk up the house was to toss in Vince in there changing stipulations and rules as the match went on. over all they had a lot of talk on the show but the Wrestling was above average.

HHH vs flair every body knows that HHH is gona let Flair win unless a tital shot is on the line. And since JBL is gona be on Raw dose anybody else think that this is gona result into a tri branded war up until the royal rumble

I Thought Raw was alright this week. Lets take a look Shall we!

The divas match was your traditonal Divas xmas match, nothing really to it. But where was Beth? She is the damn Womens champ, She should be on the show and it was in her home town! That really dissapointed me not seeing her on the show. Anyway the match was nothing.

Vince's segment with Hardy was ok. Vince looks like he is going back to his mad ways like he was before blowing himself up, so it seems we are going to have a repeat of vince talking like he is emo which i hate. But Jeff is improving his mic skills and i was really impressed the way he was talking to Vince.

HHH vs regal and coach was just crap and a waiste of time. Havent they got anything for HHH to do? And regal should get back in the ring big time!

Ric Flair's promo i thought was awsome as it had a lot of passion. His match with Umaga was good and i thought it was the best with what Flair could do. I loved the ending and thought it was a perfect finish to keep Flairs career alive.

The tag match bored me. It was too short and Rhodes and Holly are just blah, they have nothing good about them. They should of kept the belts on Cade and Murdoch. This match bored me and it was again nothing.

Santino and Carlito as a tag team is interesting, Santino certainly is great on the mic and im going to see what they got together. they have the charisma but i want to see if they are good as a team. As for the match, it is sad to see what london and kenerick are going through. these two should be having the tag titles, they are the best high flyers on raw and should be fighting for the tag titles, instead of Rhodes and Holly. Sad it really is.

Finally, The main event between Orton and Kennedy Vs HBK and Hardy was great. I loved it, it went for a good amount of time and it certainly made Hardy look like a real contender for the title. Even though he wont win as its just a test to see how he goes.

I was suprised that there was no hornswoggle tonight as he is usually on their
and no Snitsky, but thank God for that!

Anyway im giving Raw a 7/10 this week, nothing special but lets hope it gets more interesting for the new year!

This Raw was very disappointing in my opinion.

The diva match was good, I mean how can someone not like the divas because they are all soo hot!!

I absolutely hated the whole Vince segment with Hardy and HHH. The guy was fucking sitting in the corner for at leasat 20 minutes. I was getting so damn bored and that is not natural for me. Vince shouldnt be on TV anymore because nobody cares, the crowd was chanting "BOORRRINGGGGG" during the whole segment, doesnt he get the hint!!

As for the so called match, I thought it was completely BS. You must have been mentally ******ed if you thought HHH was gonna lose.

The tag team title match was average but a little bit too short for my liking. I think Holly isnt the right partner that Cody needs to boost his popularity and therefore I think their title reign wont last very long.

Ric Flair vs Umaga was pretty decent. I must admit I was pumped up for this match. The ending was great especially because it made Umaga still look strong and unstoppable while it made Flair look like he only JUST won which is great since he is pretty old.

The Y2J/JBL segment was average mainly because I think it went on for too long. I thought the Vince segment was long enough not to have anymore segments but I was wrong.

The Londrick vs Marella/Carlito match was a pleasent surprise is my opinion. But the best bit was after the match when Santino spoke on the mic. Seriously the guy is gold is on the mic. I was laughing my head off when he called Carlito columbian and was hugging him 2 make it look like they are besties or something. My friend was cracking up when he pushed Maria into one of his opponents so he could escape during the match.

The main event was great and went for about 15 minutes which is very good. All four superstars really worked hard the pull off this great match. Kennedy and Hardy were very impressive. Michaels never fails to disappoint and Orton did very well 2. The surprise was that Hardy pinned Orton. Thats right Jeff Hardy pinned the WWE champion and HHH in just two nights. Good on him, the guy deserves it.

Im giving Raw 6.5/10 this week which is below average. Except for the main event, nothing at all stood out IMO. Ah well hopefully next year brings better episodes than this one.

the last raw of 2007....it was good! i actually enjoyed it...shawn michaels vs. kennedy was great....the main event was great...except for the end...the jbl/jericho segment was alright...i just disliked the fact that the fireworks and jbl's stupid stare went far too long...the triple threat women's match was disastrous....too many botched spots...the randy orton/hardy feud seems to be doing good....mr. mcmahon as always entertains...overall it was good

Raw Roulette is pointless. It's just an excuse to have gimmick matches. Isn't that what the One Night Stand PPV is for? So we're probably going to have another cage match, possibly another ladder match, a handicap match, a lumberjack match, and a Judy Bagwell On A Pole Match. Great.

Raw Roulette is pointless. It's just an excuse to have gimmick matches. Isn't that what the One Night Stand PPV is for? So we're probably going to have another cage match, possibly another ladder match, a handicap match, a lumberjack match, and a Judy Bagwell On A Pole Match. Great.

I actually love Raw Roulette. I know its nothing more than a pointless way to toss tons of gimmicks into one night, but I think its a nice way to boost ratings. A lot of people anymore, are getting tired of seeing single's & tag team matches anymore. People want violence, & gimmicks.

I could see Randy Orton v. Chris Jericho in a T.L.C. match, for the W.W.E. Championship (in a way to show Orton can do what Hardy does - & also J.B.L. could interfere, without getting the match thrown out)

I'm also seeing a hardcore match, or a cage match with Jeff Hardy v. Umaga for the Intercontinental Championship.

Possibly a handicapped match for Ric Flair v. the Highlanders. (stupid, but what other tag team could Flair end up beating without hurting them? The Highlanders haven't seen action in a while, so whats left to hurt)

I actually love Raw Roulette. I know its nothing more than a pointless way to toss tons of gimmicks into one night, but I think its a nice way to boost ratings. A lot of people anymore, are getting tired of seeing single's & tag team matches anymore. People want violence, & gimmicks.

It won't do anything for ratings IMO. This is WWE we are talking about...You don't get Hardcore violence and gimmicks. Instead I bet we get yet....anotherrrr.....:rolleyes:....Cage Match, possibly Extreme Rules, Handicaps and Arm Wrestling.

I like the RAW Roulette thing just because you don't know what's coming. So that part is fun but I doubt we see much of anything special during the matches. Other than Flair overcoming the odds again and Trips beating someone to a pulp.

Dear God what a terrible Raw this was. Honestly I think the best part of the night was watching Jeff do the Whisper In The Wind off the top of the cage. Other then that one impressive move Raw blew hard I think. Normally Raw Roulette offers a nice surprise, but after tonight I noticed something. It's always the same. There is a strange bedfellows match with enimies teaming, handicap match, some sort of hardcore (first blood/street fight), Diva pillow fight, and there's always a cage match. None of these were impressive tonight at all. Once again we did not see the Women's champion... go figure... What happened to Flair? I guess the "offical Raw Preview" led us astray for once. HHH vs Regal was a waste of time. I must say though that it was very nice to see a beatdown like JBL gave Y2J, Haven't seen one of those in a good long time. However it did get dragged out a bit, but I think that the refs should have stopped it after Y2J was hanging for a few seconds.

My feelings
Funniest segment: Carlito... nough said

Best Match: Hardy vs Umaga

Worst Match: Diva's pillowfight

Meh, This RAW sucked IMO. The Cage Match was pretty good. It was just an average cage match up until Hardy's spot. Which was cool. That was my highlight of the night.

The rest sucked ass. The divas pillow thing was pointless and Ashley is a bore. I hope Maria stays away from the wrestling ring at Mania but if they go the Playboy route she'll be in. Sadly.

The HHH/Regal thing was ok I suppose. I expected HHH to come out with the win, we may see this again at the Rumble. Since HHH is out of it, I bet he goes after the opposite title that the Rumble winner chooses.

The rest nobody cares about. Y2J may be the Biggest Flop of 2008 or 07 or whatever. I want more promos between him and JBL because the matches will probably suck. Not enough building of the Rumble and dumb booking continues.

Regular RAW overall.

Raw Roulette
Is it me, or was all the matches to obviously fixed, if they want to make it interesting, have the wheel on the stage or something.

Shawn Michaels and Mr. Kennedy vs. Charlie Haas and Trevor Murdoch
- Boring
- Predictable
- This feud is kinda pointless, isn't it?

Trading Places Match �" Carlito (dressed as Hardcore Holly) with Santino Marella vs. Hardcore Holly (dressed as Carlito) with Cody Rhodes)
- The only entertaining part of Raw
- Carlito is hilarious
- I didn't understand all the talk about carlitos hair, if they weren't going to do an angle where carlito might have actually dyed his hair or something

Lingerie Pillow Fight �" Maria vs. Melina vs. Mickie James vs. Jillian Hall vs. Ashley
- I sure miss Trish vs Lita

First Blood Match �" Triple H vs. William Regal
- If i wasn't asleep during the rest of raw, i was nodding off here.
- The feud is at least better than the HBK/MR.K

Handicap Match: Chris Jericho vs. Snitsky and John Bradshaw Layfield
- Beat down was alright, just wish this feud had more passion to go with.

Royal Rumble Qualifying Match �" The Highlanders vs. Hornswoggle and B.H. Jordan (Replaced by Mick Foley)
- The faces are lovable, but Mick is getting slow unforatantly.

Jeff Hardy v. Umaga in a Steel Cage
- Whew, the overrun involved the only lively part of the show, and if anyone else saw it, they know what I am talking about, Finally warming up to Hardy in the main event.

Overall Raw was Pretty horrid
2/10

Best Parts
3.) Mick Foley returns
2.) Carlito/HH attire
1.) Whisper in the Wind

Worst Parts
3.) Charlie Haas's mask routine
2.) HBK/Kennedy tag team
1.) Pillow Fight

RAW sucked hardcore, it was so bad that once the main event started I literally forgot everything that happened before then. That's how bad and forgettable this RAW was. As much as I may like seeing the occasional appearance of Foley he should no longer wrestle, he's getting fatter and slwoer and shouldn't be in the Rumble. Speaking of which, is it or does it seem like this Rumble match is gonna blow by who's in it so far? The main event was a great IMO, not amazing but had an amazing spot by the spot monkey everyone on here seems to love to hate.

This was a totaly flat episode of Raw

I'm sorry for those of you complaining about the lack of Raw tag division, i think tonight will show you why: The tag team wrestlers are really boring. Seriously, i respect their dedication and everything, but jesus christ come on! At least try to entertain me.

And what was up with the Wheel being spun between breaks? Come on. That takes out any fun out of it, and besides who didn't know there would be a steel cage match tonight XD

Also the choices were lame.

The saving grace was the main event, which was awesome.

The first blood match was okay.

The crowd seemed mega dead for everything, expect the high spot at the end, which was incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back