[Official] McMahon and the WWE get screwed over by incomptent basketball owner.

1st off the nuggets owner is a complete dumb ass. 2nd If the wwe books a smallere venue in time or changes the taping schedule they are still out money , the nuggets owner is gonna loose alot of money from his screw up ... all in all wwe is right and i find it stupid that the media thinks of this as just a little mess up no this is a big mess up and vince is gonna win

First of all those of you who are saying that they can just move it and tape it on Sunday or move it to Tuesday etc. How easy do you think it is too do that. First of all Tickets have already been sold for the Monday night. And on top of that you don't think the WWE and Wrestlers have already booked and made travel arrangements to be there Monday not on another day. TO change those cost big bucks.

How easy is it to change the taping day? Easy, for the most part. Will it cost money? Sure. But after Vince sues Kroenke to cover those costs, it won't be too big an issue. Vince will sue him for all those costs ... and more.

As far as the tickets being printed for Monday ... that's what refunds are for. As far as Sunday's tickets ... I doubt many have been sold, and for House Shows, they only open up sections as they sell. So more than likely, it won't be conflicting with the Stage setup, and if any tickets sold does ... then they will just relocate those people to another section.

As far as wrestlers and company making travel arrangements ... the Raw roster was supposed to be at the "Raw" House Show, anyway. Those that weren't going to be there, and those only booked for Raw on Monday will simply change their itineraries. People change their itineraries ALL THE TIME ... and frequent travelers do so at the last minute. It really isn't as big a deal as you think it is to do so.

So the bottom line is yes, it is feasible to move Raw and tape it at a weekend House Show instead. Now, that still leaves Vince minus one event that he would have had, had this not occurred. However he will sue to cover those losses as well ... and more than likely, won't be back at the Pepsi Center again, unless part of the settlement includes free rent at the building ... which may be an option.

So I really don't understand the problem, when teams advanced into the playoffs the schedule makers are suppose to look at each arena's availbility and base the schedule on that. So in reality this is neither the Nuggets nor the WWE's fault, it's the NBA's schedule makers

Again, common sense dictates that the NBA would contact Kroenke and ask him if the building was fine for the day the NBA wanted to hold the event. If Kroenke says "yes", then how is that the NBA's fault? Kroenke would be the one that booked the event for that day, so that leads me to believe that he didn't check his schedule properly, before accepting that date with the NBA. Vince also cast all the blame on Kroenke for the mixup, as well ... and I think Vince probably knows what he is talking about in that regard.

I just watched the ESPN interview, it was great. I don't think Coachman left the WWE on the best of terms.

Doubt that. We knew Coachman was leaving well before he actually departed, so obviously he did what he was supposed to do and gave notice. I think that is Vince just being Vince, and upset that is another life he can't control from someone who worked in the wrestling business. The man really needs to get over himself.

How easy is it to change the taping day? Easy, for the most part. Will it cost money? Sure. But after Vince sues Kroenke to cover those costs, it won't be too big an issue. Vince will sue him for all those costs ... and more.

As far as the tickets being printed for Monday ... that's what refunds are for. As far as Sunday's tickets ... I doubt many have been sold, and for House Shows, they only open up sections as they sell. So more than likely, it won't be conflicting with the Stage setup, and if any tickets sold does ... then they will just relocate those people to another section.

As far as wrestlers and company making travel arrangements ... the Raw roster was supposed to be at the "Raw" House Show, anyway. Those that weren't going to be there, and those only booked for Raw on Monday will simply change their itineraries. People change their itineraries ALL THE TIME ... and frequent travelers do so at the last minute. It really isn't as big a deal as you think it is to do so.

So the bottom line is yes, it is feasible to move Raw and tape it at a weekend House Show instead. Now, that still leaves Vince minus one event that he would have had, had this not occurred. However he will sue to cover those losses as well ... and more than likely, won't be back at the Pepsi Center again, unless part of the settlement includes free rent at the building ... which may be an option.
But that's bad business and poor public relations. Why should the WWE take a hit from the fans being upset with them because of something that wasn't their fault?

Yes, they CAN change the stuff, but why should they have to? It's not the WWE's fault that the Denver Nuggets owner thought they sucked. The onus should be on the Nuggets, not the WWE, to change things and play in a different venue.

Sure the WWE can sue, but then what do they gain? They pay their lawyers a lot of money, which eats up any "profits" they make from the lawsuit, and the fans are still mad at them for buying a ticket to a show they can't see.

No, this falls on the NBA, and more specifically, the Denver Nuggets. It should be up to THEM to take the hit, to move the game time, to move the game location...whatever it is they need to do. The WWE legally booked the Arena nearly a year ago. They had a signed contract last month, at the end of the NBA regular season. They did everything right. The Denver Nuggets screwed up, and they should be the one to suffer the consequences come Monday night.

I agree with Sly. I can't believe I just sad that, but truth be told he's right. There is a signed contract, and violating that contract holds financial repercussions to both companies. I am sure that the Nuggets will have to pay for lost ticket and merchandise revenue.

Shocky said that WWE shouldn't be booking in NBA cities during playoff time. I want to ask him if there are more than five cities that shows live RAW broadcasts that wouldn't have a basketball or hockey conflict between April and June? There are limited areas in which to put on the show. If he books Salt Lake City, then the Jazz might still be in. If you go to Phoenix, there is the Suns. The WWE fills NBA sized arenas, so guessing which NBA teams will be eliminated a year or so ahead of time is kind of difficult. The trucks are already in the mountain time zone, so there are a couple of options.

There are big enough arenas in Vegas and Salt Lake City, which wouldn't be too far out of the way. The Nuggets are going to have to pay for lost revenue already, so sell some discounted tickets in a new market, and do lots of giveaways on radio or TV. You will make extra money, plus, you will be on every channel giving gifts, which is never bad press.

If I worked for the American Bank Center, here in Corpus Christi, where they broadcast Raw and tape SD! once a year per show, I would offer the arena free of charge on the condition that a PPV be broadcast from that arena within 12 months.

But that's bad business and poor public relations. Why should the WWE take a hit from the fans being upset with them because of something that wasn't their fault?

Yes, they CAN change the stuff, but why should they have to? It's not the WWE's fault that the Denver Nuggets owner thought they sucked. The onus should be on the Nuggets, not the WWE, to change things and play in a different venue.

Sure the WWE can sue, but then what do they gain? They pay their lawyers a lot of money, which eats up any "profits" they make from the lawsuit, and the fans are still mad at them for buying a ticket to a show they can't see.

No, this falls on the NBA, and more specifically, the Denver Nuggets. It should be up to THEM to take the hit, to move the game time, to move the game location...whatever it is they need to do. The WWE legally booked the Arena nearly a year ago. They had a signed contract last month, at the end of the NBA regular season. They did everything right. The Denver Nuggets screwed up, and they should be the one to suffer the consequences come Monday night.

While i agree with you, you got to remember that the Pepsi center is the nuggets arena, they cannot move them to another place because legally, they have the rights to play at the Pepsi center since they have priority on any other acts.

Sure, the owner screw up by not telling the NBA that they had something book next monday and should be the one paying for it but let's face it, it's not going to happen no matter what we say.

The only thing i could see happening that would give both the WWE and The nuggets access to the arena would be to have The WWE tape Raw at around 5:00 pm and after they finish taping Raw, they dismantle the set and everything else and let the people in charge of the Pepsi Center set up for the playoff game. The game could start a little bit latter, maybe around 8 or 8:30 pm. That they only way i could see them having both event on the same day.

While i agree with you, you got to remember that the Pepsi center is the nuggets arena, they cannot move them to another place because legally, they have the rights to play at the Pepsi center since they have priority on any other acts.
If they own it, then you would think they would be smart enough to not book another act the same night they might play. Since they own it, then the Nuggets should have to take responsibility.

If the Nuggets didn't own the arena then they could have a point. But, they don't have a point, because they are the ones who contracted out the WWE.

Sure, the owner screw up by not telling the NBA that they had something book next monday and should be the one paying for it but let's face it, it's not going to happen no matter what we say.
If the WWE sticks to their guns, I don't really see how they have any other option. Short of just breaking the contract, the Nuggets HAVE to let the WWE in. And if the Nuggets break a legally binding contract between two major companies....then they will be in for BIG losses.

The only thing i could see happening that would give both the WWE and The nuggets access to the arena would be to have The WWE tape Raw at around 5:00 pm and after they finish taping Raw, they dismantle the set and everything else and let the people in charge of the Pepsi Center set up for the playoff game. The game could start a little bit latter, maybe around 8 or 8:30 pm. That they only way i could see them having both event on the same day.
Or, if Raw is supposed to start at 6 (for taping of shows), then the basketball game can get moved up to 3 p.m., and be taped, and then they can broadcast the game on tape delay for the television network.

But, if Raw wants to go live, why shouldn't the Nuggets be the ones to tape their game and show it later? Why should the WWE have to tape? Why can't the Nuggets tape? Basketball games can be taped, I've seen it done for the Olympics.

Is there something I'm missing? Are we all just going to lay down to the fact that a team that was incompetent for decades is now more important than a company which has been around for over 50 years, and is legally in the right? Is the NBA just that much more important?

I think the problem is that there are posters who want to take an "idealogical" perspective ... in this regard ... and those that are taking a "realistic" perspective in this regard.

And note that there is nothing wrong with posting "ideoligocially" as I have done so many, many times on a number of issues I have with the state of the business. However, this is a situation one needs to approach realistically, because there simply is no other way to look at it.

The bottom line is that the Pepsi Center signed a contract with WWE to lease the building to them for next Monday. Fine. However, if the Pepsi Center refuses to allow the WWE to have the arena for the said date, then there isn't much WWE can do about it, if they still want the Pepsi Center. If they won't be allowed in, than they aren't getting in, and Vince better make alternative plans.

Is it wrong? Yes. And I do agree with Vince in that this is solely Kroenke's fault. However, throw all the talk about "why should Vince be inconvenienced" and all that stuff out the window, because none of that matters. Again, if WWE is refused the building, then they are refused the building and they aren't getting in. Period.

The best thing Vince can do is plan to either hold the event elsewhere, which I see Colorado Springs is being reported, or hold the taping at a weekend House Show, if Vince wants to do Raw from an actual arena. Then, of course, he can sue Kroenke for any and all damages, as well as the costs of moving the taping to another building.

I think the problem is that there are posters who want to take an "idealogical" perspective ... in this regard ... and those that are taking a "realistic" perspective in this regard.

And note that there is nothing wrong with posting "ideoligocially" as I have done so many, many times on a number of issues I have with the state of the business. However, this is a situation one needs to approach realistically, because there simply is no other way to look at it.

The bottom line is that the Pepsi Center signed a contract with WWE to lease the building to them for next Monday. Fine. However, if the Pepsi Center refuses to allow the WWE to have the arena for the said date, then there isn't much WWE can do about it, if they still want the Pepsi Center. If they won't be allowed in, than they aren't getting in, and Vince better make alternative plans.

Is it wrong? Yes. And I do agree with Vince in that this is solely Kroenke's fault. However, throw all the talk about "why should Vince be inconvenienced" and all that stuff out the window, because none of that matters. Again, if WWE is refused the building, then they are refused the building and they aren't getting in. Period.

The best thing Vince can do is plan to either hold the event elsewhere, which I see Colorado Springs is being reported, or hold the taping at a weekend House Show, if Vince wants to do Raw from an actual arena. Then, of course, he can sue Kroenke for any and all damages, as well as the costs of moving the taping to another building.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a lawyer, but I dare say that if Vince REALLY wanted that building, he would get it. When two sides enter into a contract, both sides have a duty to honor the contract. And if the Nuggets don't allow them in, then I imagine that the WWE could take a legal action to FORCE them to let them in. And if Kroenke still won't allow them in, then he would be breaking the law.

Now, I don't imagine it will ever come to that. Here's how I see what Vince is doing. I think Vince is going on TV, and in the media, and just BLASTING the Nuggets so EVERY one of his fans who are going to ripped off understand that it's not the WWE's fault they are being ripped off. I think he is playing the spin game, putting the blame where it rightly belongs. Plus, I think he is posturing to get a better contract termination deal. I don't think, at the end of the day, Vince expects to get the arena, but the more blame and negative press he can put on the Nuggets, the sweeter his deal will get.

Meh. Vince booked the stadium a year in advance, right? I don't understand how the home stadium of the Nuggets could book out the date of a playoff game, as if they didn't think they would be playing then. You would think they would have those games set off, or at least write into the contract that they have the right to bump anything booked on the day of a playoff in favor of the Nuggets; if in fact they need that playoff day.

Let's just say they did write that stipulation into the contract. Then Vince should have just avoided that venue altogether. Now he's in a hella nasty mess. However, if they did not, then this is not Vince's fault at all. What do you expect him to do? Book this venue, and another one just in case? Not only that, but sell tickets to both, knowing full well that he could only honor half of those tickets sold? Bullshit. Just bullshit.

..Basically, if the contract included a rule in which case any booking would be bumped for the Nuggets, then Vince should have backed away. If it didn't, then he has every right to go onto ESPN and pull off a classic wrestling promo, blasting the Nuggets. They're the ones in the wrong, not Vince.

As far as Raw being canceled for next week, no way. He'll either find another stadium, screwing his sell-out crowd (i think) out of their tickets and himself out of thousands and thousands of dollars; or he'll show it in the same stadium on a different day. It'll still screw the people who got tickets but can't get off of work, but he really has no other choice. And he shouldn't do it on Tuesday if he plans on showing it on USA, because he'll kill his ratings for ECW.

Look for a on-time, taped Monday Raw, or a post-poned, Wednesday/Thursday Raw. It'll show next week, his ratings won't survive missing a week.

I do want to point out, that the Nuggets, and the Pepsi Center both have long standing contracts with the NBA as well. Kroenke owns the team and the arena, and has agreed to play the NBA''s schedule, at the league's discretion since day one.

The Conference Finals schedule isn't set in stone until the second round finishes, so if Houston would have beaten LA, there would be no problem.

I wonder how a judge would rule here. There are two contracts, one for arena use with the WWE, and one with the NBA for arena use, TV revenue, game times, etc.

Can someone please answer me as to why the date to the Nuggets game can not be changed? The date of the game was not finalized until the lakers-rockets series went to 3-3 after game 6 on friday. The date was not even finalized until 4 days ago! The use of the arena next Monday, was not even finalized until sunday night once the nuggets did not have home court advantage. The raw date was finalized with the arena on August 15th! Why should raw have to move, but not the nuggets, the nuggets can play in Colorado Springs just as well as raw can. Nuggets tickets= not on sale until tomorrow. Raw tickets= sold out.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a lawyer, but I dare say that if Vince REALLY wanted that building, he would get it. When two sides enter into a contract, both sides have a duty to honor the contract. And if the Nuggets don't allow them in, then I imagine that the WWE could take a legal action to FORCE them to let them in. And if Kroenke still won't allow them in, then he would be breaking the law.

Now, I don't imagine it will ever come to that. Here's how I see what Vince is doing. I think Vince is going on TV, and in the media, and just BLASTING the Nuggets so EVERY one of his fans who are going to ripped off understand that it's not the WWE's fault they are being ripped off. I think he is playing the spin game, putting the blame where it rightly belongs. Plus, I think he is posturing to get a better contract termination deal. I don't think, at the end of the day, Vince expects to get the arena, but the more blame and negative press he can put on the Nuggets, the sweeter his deal will get.

I'm not a lawler either but normally there always a stipulation in those contract that said that if the team in this case the Denver nuggets gets to the playoff and need the arena for a game, then whoever is book the day of the game as to reschedule. I don'T know if the clause was put in the contract or not and i guess i'll never know but Vince knew the risk when he sign the contract that the nuggets might make the playoffs and might need the arena on that day and i'm sure he got a backup plan anyway.

My only problem i got with this is the way Vince is acting toward this. Sure he got the right to be piss off because let'S face it, he got played but making fun of the owner during an interview isn't the way to go. I watch the interview Vince gave last night and less face it, the guy look like he was cutting a wrestling promo. He made the owner of the nuggets look good in comparaison to him and when ask the question about how the WWE and the nuggets are going to resolve this issue, he made fun of the question by answering that he wanted a steel cage match with the owner. The whole interview was a joke and Vince didn't look good with it.

The fact of the matter is this, The playoff schedule is set they cannot move it now. The WWE knew that something like might happen and probably got a back up plan. So if i was Vince i would drop the whole thing and just found a way the compromise with The owner of the nuggets and let it go, especially if he wants to come back to the Pepsi Center anytime soon.

Can someone please answer me as to why the date to the Nuggets game can not be changed? The date of the game was not finalized until the lakers-rockets series went to 3-3 after game 6 on friday. The date was not even finalized until 4 days ago! The use of the arena next Monday, was not even finalized until sunday night once the nuggets did not have home court advantage. The raw date was finalized with the arena on August 15th! Why should raw have to move, but not the nuggets, the nuggets can play in Colorado Springs just as well as raw can. Nuggets tickets= not on sale until tomorrow. Raw tickets= sold out.

The Nuggets can't change the date of the game, because the Conference Finals alternate nights on TV. There are no back to back in the playoffs, and if the Nuggets had to reschedule, there would be either a back to back, or the entire playoffs would be thrown off for a day. The NBA isn't going to reschedule up to 21 games in order to accommodate Vince. They don't need to. Vince can talk all he wants about money and power, but there are 30 NBA owners who have more of both.

Secondly, the NBA can't have a playoff game in Colorado Springs. The arena isn't big enough. There aren't the proper camera locations. And finally, it is a college arena. There are no boxes, there isn't enough room for all the radio and TV teams.

The reason the date cannot be change was because the guy in charge of the nuggets forgot to tell the nBA that he had something book next monday so the whole schedule of the playoffs were made base on that and since you can only have one games per night on tv during the conference finals and the eastern coference game is on tuesday then they got no choice that play that game on monday. has to why the nuggets cannot play in colorado springs, it very simple,because they got priority on the Pepsi Center over every others show out there.

The fact is Nuggets are in the conference finals for the first time in i don'T know how many years and by this time tomorrow, the game probably be sold out so that not a big lost for them, So like i said before Vince cannot do anything about it and neither can we. We just have to except the situation and hope that vince found the right solution to this problem.

My only problem i got with this is the way Vince is acting toward this. Sure he got the right to be piss off because let'S face it, he got played but making fun of the owner during an interview isn't the way to go. I watch the interview Vince gave last night and less face it, the guy look like he was cutting a wrestling promo. He made the owner of the nuggets look good in comparaison to him and when ask the question about how the WWE and the nuggets are going to resolve this issue, he made fun of the question by answering that he wanted a steel cage match with the owner. The whole interview was a joke and Vince didn't look good with it.

I agree with you in the sense that Vince did not come off as very likeable in that ESPN segment. That is part of the problem in that he simply does not come across as a very likeable person most of the time in interviews. He is already at a disadvantage in being the head of a wrestling company, which the general public still turns their noses up at. But combine that with Vince's personality when he routinely goes on mainstream media interviews, and it makes the situation even worse.

He came across as a spoiled bitter man throwing a temper tantrum on the set. He was pretty rude to Coach, as well ... when there is zero reason to treat him like he didn't even know the guy ... which is exactly what happened.

I am surprised there are still people in the thread that even feel the need to emphasize that "Raw will not be cancelled next week". Hello. We know Raw isn't going to be cancelled, and that pretty much goes without saying.

Now, clearly Vince knows he simply can not show up at the Pepsi Center next week, and expect to put Raw on. If he would, then despite Vince having a contract, Kroenke would call the police and have Vince escorted from the building for trespassing. If Vince would protest, and claim that he has a contract, he is simply going to be told to "take it up in court".

So there is no way Vince is getting in the building next week, and he knows it. He is simply milking it for all he can, in an attempt to stir up publicity for him and negative publicity for Kroenke.

As far as a lawsuit goes, I would imagine Vince would have no problem winning the suit at all ... unless there is something in the contract Kroenke has in his NBA contract that states that in the event of conflicting events during the NBA Tournament, that the NBA reserves the right to the building. Vince, however, did not seem to indicate that this is a possibility last night on ESPN, and said there was no way out for the contract.

However, as stated, if Vince shows up, Kroenke will simply have him escorted from the premises for trespassing and he'll be told to take it up in court. Of course, by that time, it would be too late. So Vince is simply going to have to hold the event elsewhere, and then sue Kroenke for any and all damages in court at a later time.

this sucks and since i am a fan of both i think the nuggets should pay them for there troubles, cause wwe could lose at lease 240,000 dollars over this. it was not wwe fault denver staff should have kept up with there dates

The issue here is that the Nuggest messed up, plain and simple. The WWE is a business. Denver is a major city and the Pepsi Center is the largest indoor arena in town. The WWE has sold over 10,000 tickets for this. What do you tell those people? I'm willing to bet a lot of them would have to travel a long way to get to that game. Are tehy supposed to just get a refund and cancel any travel arrangements they may have made? Why should the NBA get the arena that night? I love the NBA and their playoffs, but this should be one sided. Unless Vince and the WWE are compensated for the arena as well as the income they would be losing, in the form of tickets, any concession money they might be getting, merchandise, and the damage to their business that could come from alienating fans by having to cancel at the last minute, I better be watching Raw from the Pepsi Center next Monday night.

Now, the NBA is indeed miles ahead of the WWE as far as credibility, revenue and national importance, but that shouldn't matter here. At the end of the day though, David Stern and the NBA will get the arena, and WWE will be looked at as the bad guy in this somehow because they were "just making trouble" or something like that. Wrestling will be made to look like the bad guy, mark my words. The Nuggets will get the arena after paying off Vince though, but Raw next week will indeed be interesting. For the life of me though, I can't believe Denver messed up like this. When the team was charging late in the season, they didn't see this as a possibility? When it was March and Denver was pretty much a playoff lock, this could have been resolved with far less headache and far less problems for the NBA. Terrible business moves, and WWE is completely in the right here.

Let's face it, Vince has a backup plan, he's sucking up all the free press.

You would think he would act like proper business man instead of turning it into a wrestling promo. Not only on ESPN but on the local Denver news channels.

WWE is in the right, but Vince should use this opportunity to advance his product in the mainstream media instead of alienating him even more. There are a number of reasons why sports channels don't cover WWE, he's only making it worse by challenging the Nuggets owner to a cage match...

RAW will be live in Denver Monday night, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did end up in the parking lot.

Bad Press is still Press.

An interesting thought just came to mind, The World Arena in Colorado Springs is less than a two hour drive from the Pepsi Center. If the WWE does end up broadcasting from the Springs, as it appears they will, you just have to know that this whole situation will play a major part in the show that night.

Who else remembers DX invading Nitro about a decade ago...

Everyone who thinks Vince should have expected this when booking the event, is a GOD DAMN MORON!!!!!

Its not Vince's responsibility to keep track of the Pepsi Center's schedule, thats why they have employees. Vince calls up, asks, they answer, its very simple. Except for the owners of the Pepsi Center, lol!

Vince is not wrong, and any smart business man would milk this for all its worth, seeing as how far the NBA reaches, its brilliant. There was also a comment I heard that was great, about needing Vince here to handle things like this. You think HHH could get on TV and play this off and control this situation? Hell no. Steph? Hell no. Shane? Possible.

Event cost, merchandise, food, and future lost revenue because fans will be mad, it would be cheaper to let them have RAW at the Pepsi Center. Either way, Vince McMahon wins, he gets to run his show, or he moves it, runs it anyway, and sues the hell out of the Pepsi Center owner.

This is a time when Vince McMahon is right, and Vince haters still try and put the blame on him for not knowing, bunch of idiots!!!

Let RAW play!

An interesting thought just came to mind, The World Arena in Colorado Springs is less than a two hour drive from the Pepsi Center. If the WWE does end up broadcasting from the Springs, as it appears they will, you just have to know that this whole situation will play a major part in the show that night.

Who else remembers DX invading Nitro about a decade ago...

It would be Vince-esque to plant a big ring right infront of the main entrance to the Pepsi Center and proceed with his show.

Shocky said that WWE shouldn't be booking in NBA cities during playoff time. I want to ask him if there are more than five cities that shows live RAW broadcasts that wouldn't have a basketball or hockey conflict between April and June? There are limited areas in which to put on the show. If he books Salt Lake City, then the Jazz might still be in. If you go to Phoenix, there is the Suns. The WWE fills NBA sized arenas, so guessing which NBA teams will be eliminated a year or so ahead of time is kind of difficult. The trucks are already in the mountain time zone, so there are a couple of options.

It's an 8 week window where the WWE couldn't put itsel fin essentially 40 cities or so, big deal. There are plenty of other arenas throughout the country that would die to get their hands on the WWE, but the WWE chooses to put themselves in this situation. The entire thing would have been avoided by hitting up smaller markets.

This week the WWE was in Louisville, tonight in Cincinnati. You have cities like Columbus, Huntington, Charleston, Dayton, Indianapolis, Lexington. And that's just to name a handfull of cities within a few hundre miles of where I am.

It's an 8 week window where the WWE couldn't put itsel fin essentially 40 cities or so, big deal. There are plenty of other arenas throughout the country that would die to get their hands on the WWE, but the WWE chooses to put themselves in this situation. The entire thing would have been avoided by hitting up smaller markets.

Fact is: WWE booked the venue over a year ago, Stan Kroenke screwed up. WWE has grown and has earned the right to be in large markets - look at WrestleMania 24 and 25, HUGE attendance. The Denver Nuggets should have disclosed the event when the NBA was planning the conference finals, Stan Kroenke did not. There was a contract signed with no mention of a clause stating if the Nuggets were to advance in the playoffs that WWE would have to find another venue.

Vince is now taking full advantage of the mainstream media, granted he shouldn't be doing it as a wrestling promo... WWE has shareholders to adhere to. Monday Night RAW is based on a live television format, with shock value, if they were to tape it on Sunday, it would be all over the internet by the time they clear out the arena.

Everyone is crying about "what about the Nuggets fans", well.. what about the 10,000 fans that were to see RAW on Monday night? What about the millions that watch it live on TV every week.

Stan Kroenke messed up, no one should be arguing that. He'd be smart to man-up.

Ratings will be the highest in years on Monday Night, from where ever they broadcast from, Pepsi Arena or the parking lot. I for one can't wait to see it.

There are a number of reasons why sports channels don't cover WWE,

Umm I think the main reason is that the WWE is not a sport. Vince himself has said that.

adamferaco said:
Everyone is crying about "what about the Nuggets fans", well.. what about the 10,000 fans that were to see RAW on Monday night? What about the millions that watch it live on TV every week.

What about the 18,000 fans that want to see the Nuggets? And yes, there are millions and millions of fans that watch the NBA Playoffs live too. I bet most of those going to RAW are big Nuggets fans also. Maybe even more since their team hasn't done this well in a long time.

Ratings will be the highest in years on Monday Night, from where ever they broadcast from, Pepsi Arena or the parking lot. I for one can't wait to see it.

Maybe highest in months but I can't see why this would change things drastically. Other than Flair coming back, I don't see anything groundbreaking taking place unless they air live at center court of the Pepsi Arena and the teams have to play around the ring and show.

I will say that the WWE should win this one since they booked first.

It's the Nugget's owner's fault. He gave the arena to the WWE because he didn't think his team would make the Western Conference Finals. Vince has a reason to be pissed because they reserved the Pepsi Center in August and now he's thrown out on the street. I don't agree with Vince getting all this publicity but than again if there is anything that connects the "real" world to the "wrestling" world he takes advantage of it. It's not Vince's fault because he shouldn't have to track how teams do during the regular season and if they have a chance to be in the playoffs in late May, it's whoever books the arena. They should have alerted the WWE at the beginning of the playoffs and told Vince that the Nuggets were the #2 seed so they have a chance to be in the West Finals but now the WWE only has a week to find a new venue for Raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back