• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL] General Diva Thread.

GenMe

GenMe
MODERATOR NOTE: This is the new stickied Diva Thread. They will never get their own section, so this is the best we can do. I think you will find that this thread will keep the conversation moving along.

If you want to make a thread about a specific match, angle, title change, signing, or release - feel free. This thread is for general discussion about the division.

In the present the WWE divas suck. They really dont know what wrestling is.

In the last last 2 years, the only divas that really knows what wrestling is all about is mickie,and natalya. I say mickie because she knows how to get a crowd going and her wrestling skills are really good. I also say Nattie because she is a Hart. It's too bad that she doesnt get any wrestling action nowsdays.

Now the Old school WWE divas lets say,Chyna,Trish,Lita,Sable And we know the rest,They were Hot but they knew what wrestling as all about. They used to high fly, get hit very hard, and show the crowd that females really belong in a wrestling world.

So what I'm really asking is what female wrestling generation do you like more the eye candy females that WWE has right now? Or the true female wrestlers aka Old school Divas?

I much prefer the old school divas, however, is there much of a difference?

Sable was great in the ring, Trish, Lita, Victoria, and on and on were also great in the ring, however, they were also very attractive. Wouldn't they qualify as eye candy as well?

I think that the WWE's best divas were the ones that had that middle ground. Like Sable and Trish. Great lookers and also great performers. Most of the divas that wrestle today are just there to look good. Like the OP said, Mickie, Natalya, and probably Beth are the only ones that can consistently put on good matches.

I say they both bring nothing to the table. Women's wrestling is on par with women's basketball, golf, pretty much any other sport that men play except tennis, they suck! Women should be used as valets and eye candy, but competing in the ring, nah, leave that to the real athletes, men.

F-it. Give me the eye candy divas of today.

Why?

Because what's the difference? 10 years ago in the days of Trish and Lita, did you tune in to WATCH women's wrestling? Hell no. And even with those two, you had Torrie and Stacy, who existed for eye candy purposes. Women's wrestling is rarely relevant, so if the WWE is going to employ women, I say just go ahead and strip them down to next to nothing and give the fans something to use the restroom for 5 minutes to.

I prefer the Divas old school but seriously I am getting sick of the negativity toward the Divas in general. They are not eye candy that is so disrespectful

I mean what about guys who dont wrestle much and only do segments are they eye candy for girls? or could it be argued that some guys get pushed for their looks so they are eye candy?

why cant we have good looking women in WWE wrestling without getting criticised, must they be ugly like Shimmer to get respect?

The thing to note is that WWE is going through a transitional period where the Divas today are learning, and improving on different things slowly. Please just give it time we just entered this generation of Divas not too long ago.

They were recieving rubs from established ones not far back, give it a few more years okay?

I mean just like WWE are building new Superstars they are doing the same with Divas, you may not like what you see now but just give it time. The Superstars on NXT may not be great but they must learn too

People improve overtime, but be optimistic instead of constantly downing them. I just think we should support them

We have Melina, Mickie, Beth, Natalya who can wrestle and a few more who arent bad or far behind, and Alicia is the most promising of the newest recent debuting Divas in this new generation of Divas, also Layla looks to be another one to be good in the near future

Look at Christy, Candice, Ashley & more Divas that did well for this generation

I mean they cant all be labelled the same

And dont forget some Divas will only be valets as some males will be valets only

some switch in between

nothing wrong with that

The old school Divas were hardcore and ppl didnt give them enough credit or respect imo, some do, some dont, but I can see the same happening the the current and it's sad we cant encourage and cheer them on instead of break them down

I absolutely love the Divas and am excited and looking forward to seeing more of them improve and more younger Divas get title pushes and the more stars they make, the more they improve, it'll show in the matches

btw, let's not forget the impressive I Quit Match Melina & Beth had which was great just as Lita vs Victoria in a Steel Cage

but yes I wish to see the current Divas gets hardcore too because the first genertion of Divas did Street Fights, Hardcore Matches, hell some were Hardcore Champions including Trish Stratus, Molly Holly and one of Godfather's Hos

Chyna was IC Champ & in the Royal Rumble

Jaqueline was Light Heavyweight Champion

and it'll be exciting to see how this generation turns out but let's remember they are still in their early stages and with most vets gone they are relying on each other. The Superstars have a lot of vets and legends to put them over, the Divas are putting themselves and will put themselves over for the most part which is gonna be more impressive

just give them a chance

2010 is the year of the new Divas & Superstars and big things are sure to happen

over the next 3-5 years the Divas & Tag Team Division will only get better

but it's just sad to see the disrespect for Divas overall, they have done a lot and should be respected for it but ppl always are negative
And act as if they cant be sexy and be serious athletes, it's so unfair

WWE Divas are hot & can wrestle, they shouldnt have to not be hot to be respected

:lmao: What a joke any Divas division is nowadays!! Nothing compares to the attitude era we used to have!! Talk about Trish, Lita, Victoria, Ivory, Jacqueline, Daffney, Luna, Sable, Moolah, Mae Young, Chyna. There are a few good ones now, Angelina, Mickie, Melina. But some of the ones other than that took WAYYY too long to get there. I'm glad women are empowered, but let's be real honest, nothing will compare to the good ol days that used to be.

:glare: I guess all it takes nowadays is to be in enough contests or pose for enough riskay magazines and you can train a few days a week and boom pow you can get a contract to wrestle in any territory now!! I mean lets be real...Michelle McCool...sleeping w/Taker to be a main eventer, Rosa Mendez, Tiffany, Maria, Bellas, Maryse, Alicia, Savannah (ECW announcer), Layla, the majority of the divas now are some cast off from some model/diva competition now. or half of them were banged by Batista in some fasion. Is there any hard work these days?

:mad: Everyone has the American Idol syndrome. They want to be a big time star in no time at all. Then you get a bunch of developmentally challenged wrestlers who are pretty but have no brains. There's that old Judge Judy saying "Beauty is temporary, dumb is forever." or something. Some of these girls have nothing to fall back on, and you can tell that everyone told them YES YES YES growing up. Some of them never heard no. I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer the old school divas. They were smarter, cooler, and WAY more talented beauty and brains wise.

I prefer the Divas old school but seriously I am getting sick of the negativity toward the Divas in general. They are not eye candy that is so disrespectful

I apologize. These are, after all, women. Not eye candy. So I will rephrase. I prefer the lovely ladies of todays professional wrestling and if I were single I'd love to have mad, passionate sex with them all while their fathers watched in horror. because they are so beautiful.

I mean what about guys who dont wrestle much and only do segments are they eye candy for girls? or could it be argued that some guys get pushed for their looks so they are eye candy?

No, because women aren't the target demographic. Marketing 101.

why cant we have good looking women in WWE wrestling without getting criticised, must they be ugly like Shimmer to get respect?

Are you auditioning for a Twix commercial, or are you planning on showing this to your girlfriend? "Look at these pigs, dear, they are so chauvanistic...

The thing to note is that WWE is going through a transitional period where the Divas today are learning, and improving on different things slowly. Please just give it time we just entered this generation of Divas not too long ago.

True, but the fact is they take time away from established male wrestlers. When women take match time away from the likes of Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, etc. I feel a bit cheated, which is why I think it's a positive thing if they have big ol' fun bags and nice asses that I could bounce a quarter off of and get 24 cents change they are also pretty.

And dont forget some Divas will only be valets as some males will be valets only

some switch in between

nothing wrong with that

Why

in a

row like

this?

WWE Divas are hot & can wrestle, they shouldnt have to not be hot to be respected

Wait for it...

I'm SICK JAMES, BITCH!

I disapprove of your sig. It's disrespectful to chicks women.

F-it. Give me the eye candy divas of today.

Why?

Because what's the difference? 10 years ago in the days of Trish and Lita, did you tune in to WATCH women's wrestling? Hell no. And even with those two, you had Torrie and Stacy, who existed for eye candy purposes. Women's wrestling is rarely relevant, so if the WWE is going to employ women, I say just go ahead and strip them down to next to nothing and give the fans something to use the restroom for 5 minutes to.

I am not one that you would call a lover of woman's wrestling. It just is not my thing. But I did tune in to see Lita and Trish Stratus on purpose. They might have not been my number one reason, but I always cared about those two.

Lita was part of the main event for a while with Edge, so she was always something to look forward to. And Trish, after she screwed over Jericho? I really wanted to watch the next week and see what would happen next. Lastly, there is one main event that is hard to beat for me in my memory, and it was seeing Lita and Trish go at it on Raw. Those two drew me, Mickie James, Melina, McCool do not.

I'd have to say the old school divas. Not only were they "eye-candy" but they could also wrestle. How could you not like this roster of divas: Trish Stratus, Lita, Victoria, Molly Holly, Jackie, Ivory, Chyna, and Sable. Not to downplay today's divas but you only mentioned Mickie James and Nattie Neidhart what about Melina, Beth Phoenix, Katie Lea, Jillian and Gail Kim? I know Mayrse and Michelle McCool has come a long way so I guess you could add them to that list. It seems the today's divas are less about T&A and more about wrestling. I know Alicia Fox and Kelly Kelly, Layla and the Bellas (the worst of the bunch) are trying at least I can give them credit for that, however as good as today's divas are, compared to the Attitude Era Divas they don't measure up.

Um, the divas of today are smokin'!!! Kelly, Kelly can't wrestle but she looks good in her little outfit. These ladies are for the most part good looking and not too skinny. I get to watch ladies run around and spread there legs alot, what could be wrong with that? There skills will get better as time goes by, but really I just wanna see things bounce.

I apologize. These are, after all, women. Not eye candy. So I will rephrase. I prefer the lovely ladies of todays professional wrestling and if I were single I'd love to have mad, passionate sex with them all while their fathers watched in horror. because they are so beautiful.

No, because women aren't the target demographic. Marketing 101.

Are you auditioning for a Twix commercial, or are you planning on showing this to your girlfriend? "Look at these pigs, dear, they are so chauvanistic...

True, but the fact is they take time away from established male wrestlers. When women take match time away from the likes of Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, etc. I feel a bit cheated, which is why I think it's a positive thing if they have big ol' fun bags and nice asses that I could bounce a quarter off of and get 24 cents change they are also pretty.

Why

in a

row like

this?

Wait for it...

I disapprove of your sig. It's disrespectful to chicks women.

Really? my sig? disrespectful how? it would actually mean you are being disrespectful to say it's disrespectful if you think about it, but aside from that. I have my own feelings on that I wont get into to avoid long drawn out replies from confusion or otherwise

but that was funny as a end off after the rest of that

I didnt get the Twix Commercial bit

but for the Women not being a target I get that, but the comment was just made because aside from that I think it's fair to compare things for both male & female athetes and Divas get treated terrible verbally on forums

and things are not taken into consideration like with the guys

I'd rather see some more Divas than Swagger & the others really. It's enough time to go around, definately with all the shows we have weekly and WWE talking about getting one for Wednesday & Raw being 3 hours every week

I think you can have both. Lita, Trish, Victoria etc. could all wrestle and were all attractive. I don't see how hard it is to find divas like that. If we're honest, a bit of make up, fake breasts and not being fat is pretty much all you need for 90% of men to find you attractive, so just look for wrestlers that look like that. At the moment, there isn't really any good wrestlers, but for most of WWE's history they have managed to strike a balance. In the last time frame we had Trish, Lita, Victoria and, for a while, Jazz and Molly Holly. They probably only need a couple more people to make up the numbers and that's that, no more moaning.

I prefer a little of both. But if I can only have one then I'll take eye candy . Don't get me wrong I hate these 3 min , half ass matches. But let be men and let's be honest. Do you wanna see fights or do you wanna see tits. Do you wanna see Trish wrestling Lita or Kelly (dame I hate this part) Kelly flashing her tits. Do you wanna see Mickie in her tights or in those skirts. Do you wanna see Alisha fox vs Kelly or Stacy flexing her skirt/thongs. I even found melina better as the eye candy manger. The reason I remember Dawn Marie is because she flashed. The reason I remember Torrie and Stacy because the showed off their asses. And There is to many reasons I remember candice michelle in and out the ring. My point is unless your awesome kong or vickie you need to be doing that to make me forget you can't wrestle and keep me entertained. And let's remember that's how some of the best divas start out (Trish, Candice, Sable, and even Lita to a certain extent.) If Tna picked up on using eye candy they wouldn't have to worrie that Lacey can't wrestle (Anyone else wonder how Traci As a manager failed. Maby lack of "H-Dubble D ? and that's sorry off topic slightly). So Eye candy is my preference.

I prefer the divas of now. I prefered women who knew how to wrestle. What's ammusing to me however is that people prefer women who wanted to wrestle and didn't get hired because of their looks. All I can do is point my finger to Trish Stratus. She is universally reveared as the ultimate diva yet people tend to forget that she was hired as a damn valet because she had big fake tits, a bad spray tan and long legs. That was it. She started to train and got better but can anyone really say that she was the best women's wrestler of all time? Hell no. For not having an ounce of training at first she got better and better and become one of the better ones but when you had to face the likes of Torrie & Terri, you were not having to do much to be better. I'm not bashing Trish but Im using her as a point that perhaps people should look at the girls they have who CAN wrestle. Serena Deeb, Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Natalya, Katie Lea, Gail Kim, Melina, and (yes) Tiffany. This alone outweigs the divas of the past who could actually wrestle. Who did you have then? Luna, Tori, Jackie, Trish, Sable. That's it. ANd if someone tells me Th eKat could wrestle I am going to sit you down and force you to watch Me Young at the Rumble 2000 over and over.

Most of the divas from half a decade ago weren't any better as wrestlers than many of the current divas. The only two divas even worth mentioning are Trish and Lita; the others were all average at best. Molly, Victoria, Jazz, all of them, only looked presentable because they had Trish and Lita to carry them. By themselves, their matches hardly drew any type of noticable reaction.

Molly vs Victoria, Wrestlemania, prime example.

I believe that there is actually more talent to be found in the current crop of divas, than the older one's. The PG programing actually helps the divas; with the WWE no longer obligated to parade them around in skimmpy clothing to fill a norm that is no longer present. The divas are free to experience storylines with actual character development; showcasing their skills as entertainers.

I think there should be some of both. The divas who are terrible in the ring but still want to be a part of the federation should be allowed to be eye candy and/or managers. Both divas divisions need believable champions and contenders though, so we obviously need legit female wrestlers too. Smackdown has at least 4 good female wrestlers.... Beth, Mickie, Michelle, and Natalya.... while Raw has the future of the division.... Maryse, Eve, Kelly.... but not enough believable contenders at the moment. They just need to push the right girls as well as have a good mix of wrestlers and eye candy on both brands. However, the division will be in even bigger trouble if/when Mickie leaves. She did a good job at trying to keep the division alive after they lost Trish and Lita.... but no one has been built up enough to be a believable top face of the division when that happens. Kelly and Eve maybe later down the line but they still need more training. The big problem is that no one can replace legends like Trish, especially when no one cares about most of the girls on the roster. It can be fixed if they push the right girls, and I hope the division can improve.... either way, we need a good mix of eye candy divas and actual female wrestlers because that's the happy medium between a terrible division and a boring one.

I always LOL when people put Sable in the list of "women who could wrestle". I swear that lady is as overrated as they come. Now personally, I do prefer the old school 90s/early2000s divas(luna, Ivory, Jackie, Lita, Trish, I'll even slip Victoria in.) I actually enjoyed watching them wrestle. Back in the day, yes I did tune in to also see the female wrestlers in action. And the Trish/Victoria match at Survivor Series 2002 was awesome. I remember wanting to order the PPV. And part of it was due to that match. Yeah, I tuned in to see the females in action years ago. Nowadays, I still do...to a degree. I just think that alot of females in WWE today, never get to showcase their true abilities.

Eye-candy Divas, 100%. I could care less about Diva's wrestling, to be honest. I know there is a lot of good women's wrestling out there but I don't care to seek it out and experience it. I'd rather stare at Daffney or Mickie James' bodies than watch them have a match, good or not. You may call me a pig or a chauvinist, but the truth is I'm just a teenage male, and teenage males like hot girls.

I prefer to see pretty women that have storylines and characters, like this recent one with Mickie and Laycool. That storyline was interesting to me, and the big payoff wasn't a boring match but a satisfying squash where the bullies got what they deserved. It kept the women interesting while showing them off. That's what I want to see more of.

First all anybody that included Chyna as a good wrestler should be ashame of themselves. Now on to the subject at hand personally i don'T see today's divas rosters as Eye candy, sure some of them are not that good in the ring but look at the current rosters of Divas and are the bella twins, Maria, Kelly Kelly and layla. But these kelly kelly and maria are 2 of the most popular divas on the roster and Layla is one of the most hated diva on the roster outside of MAryse and Michelle McCool so if you keep them out of the ring and still use them as eye candy it doesn't hurt. Look at the rest of the roster, you got a tremendous roster of female wrestlers and a couple of pretty good models turn wrestlers. Divas like KAtie Lea, Natalya, Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Melina, Jillian and Gail Kim are all season veterans and have been working in the business for years while Maryse, michelle McCool and Eve might not have came from a wrestling background but are improving really quickly. Michelle as become one of the greatest performer in the division and Maryse is hand down the one of the greatest heel in the division outside of Michelle. While Eve, when she is given time to wrestler is quite good. So basicly what i'm saying is that i would categorize this group of divas as eye candy or Old School, they are a new type of divas that pretty much merge but type of divas, they are still eye candy but when given the time, they still wrestles like old school divas and the fact that both the smackdown divas and the raw divas have feud going right now prove that at less the WWE cares enough about them to give them a little more time on their program.

Anyway, anything is better then watching the Beautiful people wrestle in TNA every week.

The Divas are Eye Candy nothing more. They are damn near naked out there most of the time. So dont go around saying its disrespectful. They all know what they get paid for. They get paid to look sexy as fuck not to pull off great wrestling matches...

Everytime you hear someone talking about WWE divas they are always talking about how they are a waste of time or that they can't wrestle. WWE universe I think that you should give the WWE divas the respect that they have earned and deserve.

The divas put there bodies on the line just like the guys do. They train as much as the guys to entertain you and you don't respect them! I want to be a WWE diva one day and I hope that you guys respect me unlike the way that you respect the divas today.

You are always comparing them to the TNA knockouts and I am sick of that. Divas and Knockouts are completley different. The WWE divas can't help that Vince only gives them a little time in the ring unlike the knockouts who get at least 10 mins every week.

So when you really think about it the divas aren't that bad they just have to deal with a lot of things today, that divas like Lita and Trish and the Knockouts don't/didn't have to deal with. So start respecting the divas for all they do. If you don't think that the divas should be respected write why and if you think that they should write why you think that they should.

I will be checking this thread a lot and will read all of the responses so if you want to try and prove me wrong or if you want to talk to me on this thread go ahead. But I will always respect the divas of the WWE!

I respect most of the divas who ply their craft and really work hard to get better but the honest truth is that the majority doesn't care about women's wrestling. Never had and never will I'm afraid. Even when Trish and Lita were at the top of the women's division, nobody cared. Chyna wrestling with the men was seen as the best thing for women's wrestling at that time. It has never been a big draw and nowadays they are used for eye candy and their matches are usually the time when bathroom breaks occur. It may suck but that is the way it has been and I don't see it changing any time soon just like tag team wrestling.

I agree that its never been a draw to watch womens wrestling. Vince has helped with that view by showcasing them as eyecandy instead of in ring performers. There are a number of talented divas in the WWE who can put on a good match. Unfortuntely its just not a priority at this time. But that doesn't mean there isn't respect for what they do. I know I have respect for them. Hell I'm sure Beth would beat my ass.

I totally agree with you! Actually its pretty weird that one of the only reasons i like to watch WWE is the divas. :) They are awesome! They should get more respect, cause rite now i think ppl are being sexist when they say that divas cant wrestle, when they actually can.:)

Why? Why give respect to people who don't seem to care enough to get trained and be better? Knockouts generally need to know how to wrestle first and be pretty second, while the opposite is true for Divas. Right now there's a rumor that Awesome Kong may be leaving TNA, do you honestly think the WWE would want her? She's basically a female Mark Henry, except she can move faster.

Male wrestlers get criticized to hell and back if they put on a sloppy match, but if Divas were held to the same standard then there would probably be three left. I give props to a woman like Trish Stratus as she came in to be eye candy but turned out to be a fairly competent wrestler, and I don't just mean a Diva, which is a name I hate. She wasn't my favorite, that would go to Lita, but she worked very hard and it showed. Now, mediocrity is the name of the game. Maybe if Vince and the crew hired some actual female wrestlers, like anyone from Shimmer, then I wouldn't mind watching a womens WWE match. Otherwise, I'm good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back