• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] Disco Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he could see if he could find work with Konnan down in Mexico lol. He wanted to bring in a few more foreign guys to work with the luchadores I believe but why water down they're product? I guess TNA isn't all that great of a place after all huh?

that has been discussed. TNA is great. When you actually work. Just not enough dates for guys other than the main eventers to make any significant money.

THis is going to sound like I'm sucking up. Deal with it.

Very impressed by what you said in your response to being released. So many times athletes or people in that field bad mouth their former bosses for being let go. you showed a lot of class. I am impressed indeed.

Very impressed by what you said in your response to being released. So many times athletes or people in that field bad mouth their former bosses for being let go. you showed a lot of class. I am impressed indeed.

Well said, BVK. And folks, for those of you thinking of ragging on Glenn for his TNA departure, don't bother. He's above that crap, and he'll land on his feet.

Anyone who acts like a douche, just think about what your tone would be if one of your parents lose their jobs. As you're thinking about it, I'll be infracting you for flaming / being a dick.

Glenn, we hope you keep us in the loop of what opportunities you do pursue.

that has been discussed. TNA is great. When you actually work. Just not enough dates for guys other than the main eventers to make any significant money.

This is going to be off topic sorry.....

I understand needing big name talent but isn't that taking away from other people then? I can understand one or two but almost a whole roster full? Seems foolish to me but I don't know how the business works just going off of what I see and read here. Instead of cutting people loose they should cut down some people's salaries, but it isn't that simple I know because then people would get mad and leave. But really do they need team 3d or whatever they are called, is sting really a draw anymore? I mean Sting was good in his prime but let it go already guy. Everytime someone from WWE is let go it seems like they are in TNA right away.

I am not trying to be a smart ass I really don't know because I haven't watched TNA since Mesias was let go so I have no idea what is going on there now.

Well anyway best of luck to ya....................

Did tna wish Glenn well in future endeavors is the question? Okay that's not the question but still. Glenn good luck and stuff, maybe I'll see you on the wsop one day.

Glenn, good luck in the future. From the sound of your column you've got a few ventures planned so I wish you the best. Also klunderbunker put it best when he talked about your article about the release.

Definitely. Glenn you've handed this like a class act and what I read into this, there really isn't that much dirt in TNA (probably me being naiive).

Anyhow, good luck with the future Glenn. Hope you stick with WZ, you've still got some stories to tell I'm sure.

Despite how many feel about Glen, I really hope that no one here would actually be classless or tasteless and say "good riddance" or "you got what you deserved" or something of that nature in regards to Glen's departure from TNA. I personally really wish you well Glen, and I hope that you do well in any career, job, or opportunity that awaits you in the future.

I would like to see Disco wrestle The Honky Tonk Man in a loser has to shave their head completely bald match. Of course the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time would come out victorious. I think I will start to email some Indy promoters about this genius idea.

Barack Obama + Joe Biden= Ultimate Success

John Mccain + Sarah Palin= Ultimate Failure

I'm still waiting for the "Invisible man" column.

I hope you continue your columns, because they are hilarious.

im gonna email tna and try and get glenn hired back on TNA - this time not as an agent, but as part as the creative team... Russo brought him in.. i'm sure he can do it again...

Damn. if Russo and Glenn wrote teh shows together I think they'd be awesome.. Glenn knows that straight wrestling doesn't draw to the mainstream public.. nobody in the businesss will just come out and say that except vince and glenn. and yeah, it generates heat online because a large portion of the "critics" dont want to believe it...

Glenn also wrote some great comedy back in wcw 2000... i'd love to see some of that shit back in TNA>.

Non-gimmick matches don't draw right?

So gimmick matches do? Are these gimmick matches you speak of the ones they announce on iMPACT the day of with no build and no reason for them?

Remember the stretcher match between Booker T and Consequences Creed? The 4-way tag team Ladder Match they just had? How can those things draw if you don't announce them a week ahead of time? TNA puts these guys in risky matches when they don't even advertise them ahead of time. Why should anyone care?

BTW, Turning Point was arguably the BEST PPV of the year for TNA and better than all WWE PPVs besides WrestleMania and it didn't have ANY gimmick matches.

I agree about the Turning Point PPV. Easily TNA's best PPV of the year, at least of the ones I've seen. Very solid card, very solid matches. I think it was very smart booking to have the MEM win all of their matches. It makes them look dominant, and puts more drama into the storyline. Of course, if they start winning every single match, it'll be a bit of overkill. But I think the best way to get this angle rolling is to make the MEM look completely dominant, at least for a couple months.

I thought it would be smart to have a couple veterans like Rhino and Christian side with the TNA Originals, but it looks like Christian is out. Word is he's heading back to WWE. And even if he doesn't go, he's still stuck in the MEM.

Glenn what are your thoughts on the MEM angle? What road do you think it should take? Is this the angle Rhino needs to become relevant again. And what do you believe Christian's future is?

Is he still going to be a part of WZ forums even though he got the boot? Anyways I would just like to know if you think any of these recently released wrestlers will ever go to TNA or if TNA would want any of them anyways. Kenny Dykstra, Elijah Burke, Paul London, Chuck Palambo, Lance Cade, or Trevor Murdoch

http://www.wrestlezone.com/column.php?articleid=228611618

new column

The Palin announcement intrigued me. But yeah, cutting off glen and pat. I dont even know what glenn and pat did tbh so i can't really judge. but the segment with beautiful people this week probably did less to get palin interested. I think i could have produced a "slightly more serious" segment with the beautiful people.. w/o kip annoyingly humming.

I hate cheesy segments in wrestling... absolutely hate it. Mick Foley addressing the small kids at TNA annoyed me... there's no intensity, no urgency, nothing at stake against MEM... where's the intensity

I haven't seen CCW because CMT Canada doesn't air it and one of the discs on a megaupload upload didn't work so i didn't bother.

TNA 1.0 - no publicity paragraph: yeah, it definitely occurred to me that the content isn't the reason the rating hasn't gone up. Although I'm critical about the lack of entertainment and intense stories TNA has, they do have a better creative product than WWE. But if nobody knows aobut it, why should someone watch

Even if you do the Palin publicity stunt and get people watching.../ sampling.. what makes you think they'll stick around to see mat wrestling. WWE got people itnerested with Donald Trump, but their inferior product was not good enough to get people watching and staying

"The rating increases when you get people that aren't watching your show tune in. If you don't advertise your product to an outside audience, then how are they ever going to find out about your show? Is that a difficult concept? If it is, then you are stupid.

Well.... word of mouth plays an IMPORTANT aspect of increasing the viewers. I dont think TNA has anything that gets people talking at this time. Attitude era had people talking every Tuesday morning due to the content. TNA doesn't have that 'buzz'. It's tame stories.. and Jeff/Foley talking tame to the young guys. MEM is okay when they mentioned WWE/Christian but other than that it's just a wrestling show. Even if you advertise it and people sample, why should people stay if your product isn't compellling to someone who has already seen it all

The creative input DOES play a factor in the ratings. On the same timeslot (11pm thursday), they did a 1.0 before.. and then hit .7s when the creative was at an IMO all time low.

In the grand scheme of things.. increasing 1.0 to 3.0.. i'm not sure this could happen for TNA. this also contradicts with what glenn said back in january when TNA was doing lots of great comedy and the ratings being at 1.2 consistenly

WWE increased from 2.0 to 6.9.. i dont think they did more advertising during that run. their shows just got better and better and crazier and crazier and got people talking

i dont know tna's budget nor do i have a marketing degree.. but to advertise your show to a large audience - it costs money. is it worth a lot of money in hopes of potentially getting a larger audience, or potentially to get barely an increase. what type of advertising .. advertising during Heroes? during Prison Break? how much would that cost to advertise every week on fox. woudl that put TNA in the hole.. would it be worth it in the long run? i dont know how much it costs but i'm guessing it'll be quite a lot, but if tna is willing to fork out the cash to do it.. go for it...

OK, I'm going to make some sense of Disco's article. In the article, he claims that the TNA's rating hasn't improved because of lack of publicity. Two paragraphs before that he seems down on the fact that TNA donated $50,000 to Alaskan youth hockey.

First off, the donation was to lure Sarah Palin onto the show. That would have been far more publicity than a Comcast card and a commercial. They took a gamble. If she said yes, and people tuned in who were slightly interested in wrestling, and they see this awesome MEM angle, then they get viewers.

GG also seems like it was his salary that was dumped to pay for it. Well, he hasn't improved TNA's rating, so maybe it was time. That one $50,000 donation would have paid off more than anything he did (and I don't know what he did, but ratings don't lie) if Palin had shown. In any event, it got people talking, which is positive.

I don't want to be down on Disco, but come on. Don't say charity is a bad thing. It never is. Don't harp on a publicity stunt as being a bad idea and then say TNA needs more publicity because that makes you look bitter.

The Sarah Palin thing is worth it.. Have we heard anything about it? If she accepts, it'd make the news.. but i thought the semgnet with the beautiful people sucked

I read reports that they had too many agents: savio, bg, dutch, kenney, gilbertti. and they were paying too many to do one 2 hour show a week.. dont remember the details.. so they cut gilbertti and kenney.

i think glenn could be good for creative and i do think the shows can be crazier. I think TNA is tryingf to please the fans on the net at times.. by doing this, it hurts the product... if they just did a crazy show and watched the ratings go up.. i think it'll be much better.. sorta like the atttiutde era where they didn't give a shit what the online marks thought.. but obviously now there are more ppl online than there was 10 years ago.. but still... i think tna paying too mujch attention to the online marks hurts them

they're available to 50 million homes on spike tv, and you want to cater your show to please the smarks online?? give me a break. do what mem said.. why do you care about what some geeks online think

Dude, we get it, you want edgy TNA and Glenn on Creative. The constant saying it doesn't change the fact that it's not happening because the fans who want the attitude era back have already got bored of wrestling, why else would ratings have dropped.

And for TNA not to care what fans think is stupid. Internet, smarky fans make up most of TNA's fan base because it's 'alternative' to WWE. So why not pay attention to them?

Glenn, I was wondering if you would ever consider working with Hogan on his wrestling project. I think you would be able to improve on his concept, if at all anything, give it a new name to work with. You could help write the show, help train the celebrities, or be a judge. Just wondering if you ever thought about it, or have been contracted about it.

I remember in 2005-2006, i was really wanting Russo back on TNA when TNA"s creative was going in the shitter.. I was happy to see that he did come back contrary to most people's eyes. Glenn part of creative would add to the team, in my opinoin. I dont know what he did as "agent" but I think he has more to add on the creative side of things.

They should put Pat and Glenn as a team - similar to the NYC and they should whine at TNA for 'firing them'.. and they'll be a tag team instead.. that wouldn't be too shabby

New gilbertti column:

I'd like to challenge the writers that give their weekly Impact reviews on the news sites to give a criticalcommentary on the first two hour episode of 24. If they get confused, it would be understandable, since the show moves at lightning speed in real time. If they're confused with wrestling, I would doubt that they'd get past the first eight minutes without having a nervous breakdown. If they can watch the whole 2 hour episode with a general understanding, then i'll give them a hundred bucks.

On a side note, I still have an open challenge to anyone that's never seen an episode of 24 to put the first episode of seson one on dvd into their player. If they can watch that, and not watch the rest of the first season, i'll give them a hundred bucks.

i own season1/2 of 24. The first 13 episodes of 24 season one are the best episodes and cannot be touched. I dont want to even imagine the wrestling newz critics' reviews of 24.. but 24 has a lot of flaws. try doing 24 hours of television a year and trying to keep up with writing twists turns and having it all make sense

I personally think 24 has deteriorated in quality over time, with reason.. I think PRison Break is a strong overall show that makes more overall sense and can not piss me off. I have had to turn off 24 through seasons 4 and 6 i think because of how stupid the show got in time.. however, i do think season 1 - the first half is a masterpiece and the PINNACLE of 24

I'll watch the 2 hour movie redemption tonight and am not expecting great television, because i dont think they have as good writing/directing as they did.. although they did a LOT of great episodes in season 5 - with president logan, and some in season 6 with that powers boothe (vice president) character and peter mcnichol.. but the show has started to be so goddamn stupid at times with Greamae Bauer (who was important in season 5) ending up being jack's brother and then killed by the father, and the whole thing made no sense, and was stupid, imo..

NIna Meyers in early s1 was bypassed by Jack as the good girl.. which made sense, and then for a stupid reason and them running out of ideas to meet the deadline at the end, they turn her heel again and make her the one that kills jack's wife.. it didn't make sense becasue of teh early stuff that happened CONFIRMING she was the good girl

However, i think 24 if the first 13 eps were the only episodes released - it may have been the best stuff eve.r but american television emphasizes quantity over quality

"The only way wrestling is going to evolve is through the emergence of another Rock or Austin. Guys whose promos are so good that they get people that don't like watching the matches to watch the show to just to hear them talk. The closest thing ROH has to that is Jimmy Jacobs."-Have your eyes ever met a man named Larry Sweeney?

"I used to think that old school wrestlers never did anything in their matches. But then I started paying attention to some of the stuff they did and realized that they worked harder than any of the boys today. Because they worked harder at making the little things, like punches, headlocks, chinlocks, and kicks, look far more realistic than most of the guys today."-I could not agree more...

"I'd like to challenge the writers that give their weekly Impact reviews on the news sites to give a critical commentary on the first two hour episode of 24. If they get confused, it would be understandable, since the show moves at lightning speed in real time. If they're confused with wrestling, I would doubt that they'd get past the first eight minutes without having a nervous breakdown. If they can watch the whole 2 hour episode with a general understanding, then i'll give them a hundred bucks."-Wrestling is not meant to be a show like 24 Glenn...Thats the whole point...

"Come to think of it, neither do my insightful, intelligent, well-written articles."-Doesn't Chris Cash edit your articles???....hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back