[OFFICIAL] Chris Benoit Campaign Headquarters

strafro

Shaman of Sexy
I have seen all of the headquarters for some of the others in the Final 8, but I have yet to see much support for one of my personal favorite wrestlers ever, "The Rabbid Wolverine" Chris Benoit.

Chris Benoit has all the necessary tools in his arsenal to win this entire tournament. He has all the physical tools to overcome any of the obstacles placed before him, in his prime, I am not sure if there was a more conditioned and gifted athlete in the world. On numerous occassions Benoit has had grueling multiple matches and long encounters in one night.

Chris Benoit has been in an Ironman match (which he won), has lasted for 1:01 in the 2004 Royal Rumble (which he won), has competed in at least one Ultimate Submission match, and has made all remaining competitors in this tournament tap with the exception of Vader, who he I don't believe has ever faced. Benoit has the stamina, strength, speed, ring savvy and experience needed to win this tournament.

His toughest obstacle will be in the WWE Region final, where he faces Shawn Michaels, and must overcome the "Shawn Michaels factor" where Shawn Michaels recieves blind fanboy votes, but people look at what has happened when the two are in matches together, Benoit made HBK tap at Backlash 2004. Benoit should beat Michaels, and hopefully people will see that.

The next round is another tough obstacle in the Undertaker, hopefully the Big Show can do some sort of damage to the Deadman, but Benoit is powerful enough to lock Taker in holds, quick enough to stay away from the brutal strikes of the Undertaker and smart enough to know how to beat the Undertaker, it can be done.

In the finals, there are three potential people I can see him facing, Triple H, Vader or Randy Savage, all of whom will not be at 100% having to go through each other.

Let's look at Triple H first, what can Triple H do that Chris Benoit can't? Triple H has an edge in power, but other than that I see nothing that Triple H can do that Benoit can't overcome, he exceeds him in speed, technical ability, high-flying ability and defeated Triple H in an Ironman match, coming back from 3-1 down to win 4-3, showing that he is far more conditioned for a long haul than Triple H is.

Vader, another person that I can see Benoit defeating, Benoit is way too smart in the ring to be trapped by Vader, it would be the perfect story with the dominant force coming to crush all in his path, but the smart and quick and technically sound competitor takes out the giant.

And finally Randy Savage, one of my dream matches, this one would be the best match of the tournament, and a great final. Two of the best pound for pound wrestlers of all time and two guys that altough had world title reigns, were always in the shadows of others. This is the match I am personally pulling for to see happen and hope that others see the pure gold that this match would be. I do see Benoit having a slight technical advantage, but these two are about as close to even as you can get, I would have a tough time voting against either.

One final note, from May 20-22, 2001, Chris Benoit did the following:

May 20th: Wrestled Kurt Angle in a 2/3 Falls match and won a Tag Team Gauntlet match w/ Chris Jericho, he competed for a total of 36 minutes in those 2 matches.

May 21st: The next night on RAW, Benoit and Jericho win the Tag titles from Austin/HHH in a long match cut short by Trips quad injury.

May 22nd (Taped for 24th): Benoit/Jericho win a 4-way TLC match.

The guy will do anything it takes to win and will sacrifice his body to win and that is why he deserves to win this tournament.

So everyone, let me know if you are on the Benoit Bandwagon, let's get this guy the win he deserves and honor him properly. Let's forget how his life ended and remember the machine that Benoit was during his 20 year career.

He killed his wife and son. Fuck Benoit, I hope is burning in hell right now. RIP, I hope he is Raging In Pain in hell for what he did. Honor him? Fuck him! Since we can honor Benoit, lets Honor Saddam Hussian, Osama Bin Lad, Hitler, Ted Bund, the BTK Killer, how about we honor the child molesters of the world, the rapists, and one else who has down a disgusting act of crime.

What is wrong with you people and your love for a killer? Forget what he was, remember what he did. Yeah he was a great wrestler and was one of my favorites, but he killed his son. Maybe you have no kids, no little siblings that you care for, but if you did, you would turn your back on Benoit. No excuses in the world can make up for what he did. I say it for the last time, fuck Benoit, if his daddy had put him in the ground instead of cremating him, i would make it a life's goal to find his grave and take a shit on. Keep in mind I was a fan, but the guy lost all my respect in what he did over a weekend.

This is not a popularity contest, meaning I'd vote for Adolf Hitler if I thought he deserved to beat Shawn Michaels. It just turns out that Chris Benoit was a far more gifted wrestler than Adolf Hitler... probably. He doesn't have my respect, but he has my vote.

He killed his wife and son. Fuck Benoit, I hope is burning in hell right now. RIP, I hope he is Raging In Pain in hell for what he did. Honor him? Fuck him! Since we can honor Benoit, lets Honor Saddam Hussian, Osama Bin Lad, Hitler, Ted Bund, the BTK Killer, how about we honor the child molesters of the world, the rapists, and one else who has down a disgusting act of crime.

What is wrong with you people and your love for a killer? Forget what he was, remember what he did. Yeah he was a great wrestler and was one of my favorites, but he killed his son. Maybe you have no kids, no little siblings that you care for, but if you did, you would turn your back on Benoit. No excuses in the world can make up for what he did. I say it for the last time, fuck Benoit, if his daddy had put him in the ground instead of cremating him, i would make it a life's goal to find his grave and take a shit on. Keep in mind I was a fan, but the guy lost all my respect in what he did over a weekend.

Let's see here, what does any of this have to do with this tournament that is not based on you personal opinions about people but your thoughts on their skills as wrestlers and what they did in the ring. You can make this argument all day but it's people like you that SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE, because you are so biased about things that are not even a factor in the process of voting in this tournament.

Character plays a factor, I would vote for Benoit if he had just killed himself, but he got selfish. Great wrestler, but a terrible man. Thats like the austin arguement, great wrestler, but a wife beater. Jake Roberts, great in the, crack head out side of it. Triple H, decent in the ring, outside, a kiss-ass. HBK, one of the best, a ass-hole out of the ring who uses God as a scapegoat.. Character effects alot sometimes.

Not in-ring skill it doesn't, which is what this tournament is based on. The fact that Benoit's as bland as brick effects his character far more than the crazy motherfucker he is underneath.

HBK is better in big matches, and generally was able to put on better matches. However Benoit is better technically, so its a very tough decision, if it was based soley on technical wrestling I would go with Benoit. Its also tricky because HBK is great at selling not saying benoit aint but HBK is one of the best at it. I think HBK would also fair better against Savage or Taker becuase of his style. Benoit would probably perform better against Vader.

This is about the here and now, so don't assess how they'd do in the future. A vote for either is justified, but I'll be giving mine to Benoit. Just remember, this is based on kayfabe skill, not how crazy they might be. Personally, Michaels' religious views completely creep me the fuck out, but that wouldn't stop me voting for him. The fact that I can't see him managing to stay out of a Crossface for the duration of the match is why I'm voting against him.

Mr. Colllins is a complete and total toolbag in my opinion, it's just better off if we all put him on the ignore list, because he contributes nothing relative to a forum except for pushing his beliefs onto other people. He's just as bad as the people he tries to keep down.

As far as Michaels vs. Benoit, Benoit will be getting my vote because I simply think Chris Benoit is better then Shawn Michaels. I'm a big Shawn Michaels fan, but Chris Benoit the wrestler is one of my top five guys of all time.

remember a man for the way he lived not the way he died*

This isnt the goodpersonZone tournament, its the WRESTLEZONE tournament. The finals will not be Jesus Vs Mother Teresa. IT will be something like Savage Vs Vader. So anything Benoit did outside the ring is fucking irrelevant. For the record, he was absolutely fuckin legally crazy when he did what he did. And NONE of us was there, so NONE of us know what happened. SO do not judge lest ye be judged. Benoit will get my vote over just about anyone in a wrestling tournament ANY day, as he is one of the top 5 in ring guys of all time. Period. Stamina, skillset, technique, strength, leverage, intensity, pedigree. He has it all.

I have no problem with people voting for Benoit. It is a Wrestling tournament after all.

Coming Soon. The Bastards Of Wrestling Tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back