• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Backlash Thread.

• Thread starter hbk&triple h
  • Start date
H

hbk&triple h

Do you think this might have anything to do with his wrestlemania situation or do you think it is just a spoof of "The Shining?"

403678280_195164dd66_o.jpg

You cant usually read much from the posters but it wouldnt suprise me if Edge is in the Main Event at Backlash against HBK possibly. Since the whole Edge-Cena fued pretty much lasted the whole 2006 year.

You cant usually read much from the posters but it wouldnt suprise me if Edge is in the Main Event at Backlash against HBK possibly. Since the whole Edge-Cena fued pretty much lasted the whole 2006 year.

That is exactly why i dont think Cena will win because it will be the same thing over again.shawn could start new,fresh rivalries where as cena can't.and if edge wont the money in the bank match and cena beat michaels it would be the same thing the whole year.i dont wanna relive 2006.

I think that Edge will be in the main event at Backlash, and so will Cena, HBK, & Randy Orton, I'm predicting the main event of Backlash to be a fatel 4-way for the WWE title with either Edge or Orton winning then those two will feud over the WWE title, I also think that Batista and Taker will have a WM rematch since their going away from brand only PPVs, who knows what else will be on the card?

Rob Van Dam and Lashley are supposed to be at the backlash ppv so you never know

I think CENA vs HBK(champ) rematch and EDGE vs ORTON for MITB title as well as other fun matches from the "B" Shows Smackdown & ECW(not against talent in the brands but the writing)

I think CENA vs HBK(champ) rematch and EDGE vs ORTON for MITB title

I definitely see this happening, after we'll probably see an ongoing HBK vs. Edge and Cena vs. Orton feud on WWE programming for a while.

That's how I feel BB08, I'm waiting for the aftermath of WM23.

This Wrestlemania looks like it's going to fucking SUCK.

I only want to see MITB, and to a lesser extent Cena/HBK. I have 0 interest in Batista/Taker, let alone any of those other god awful matches.

I'm hoping backlash does a 180 and is a damn good PPV and carries interesting fallout from WM23 into it.

I doubt it though, if WWE fucked up their "super bowl" I have little faith in the lesser PPVs.

Alex~Vab

ey i think at backlash we gona most likely see this ,,

Cena V HBK guys becouse Cena has his re match clouse so pretty obvious he is gona use it at Backlash cus thats the first PPV after Mania.. do ya guys agree with me..???

and it will be at at Backlash Orton V Edge becouse edge will probily screw orton out of getting the money in the bank just before orton gets a hand on it and MR KEnnnnnedy will win and so orton and edge will have a match at Backlash

and the ECW title will be online between Lashley v RVD (probibly RVD s last PPV for WWE) so what u think guys u with me...

Did anyone consider the fact that at WM23, Edge will not only win the Money in the Bank, but also cash it in on Undertaker and end 'Taker's undefeated streak? Undertaker vs. Edge at Backlash for the World Title.

OMG, that is great thinking i think he might do that. I was thinken the same thing but i was jst thinken he would cash it against the winner of cena VS HBK but would they make Takers streak end like that? N even randy could win the MITB match n cash it in against Taker.

is anyone aware that edge is also unbeaten at wrestlemania,
smackdown needs a younger champ taker & batista are both great but are both comfotably over 40

At the pay-per view supposedly there is supposed to be a rematch between Cena and Shawn and Batista and the Undertaker.

But Edge,Orton.Lashley,and RVD are gonna be there.

I see a very good Backlash.

I don't, it's already posted that they are rematch's....so what those 4 are doin i'm not sure, only way it's good is if they add them lol

I think that Edge will be in the main event at Backlash, and so will Cena, HBK, & Randy Orton, I'm predicting the main event of Backlash to be a fatel 4-way for the WWE title with either Edge or Orton winning then those two will feud over the WWE title, I also think that Batista and Taker will have a WM rematch since their going away from brand only PPVs, who knows what else will be on the card?
I Agree About The Fatal Four, But HBK Will Loose At Mania And He Will Win The Title At Backlash :headbanger:

My Backlash Card
There has been a tendency in recent years to have wrestlemania rematches at Backlash, im hoping this year will be different tho, i hope that WWE will freshen things up a bit, but the crd will probably look like this anyway-

WWE championship, Cena vs HBK, unfortunatly this is pretty much invitable, either hbk will win at mania and cena will use his 'rematch clause', or cena will win in controversy at mania.

Money in the bank, TLC match, Edge vs Orton, some controversy again in the MITB match at mania im predicting.

Heavyweight title, The Undertaker vs Mr Kennedy

ECW title, Lashley vs RVD

WWE tag team title match, MNM vs London and Kendrick

World tag title match, Hardys vs WGTT, i expect HBK/Cena to vacate them after mania

IC title, Carlito vs Umaga

Womens Title, Melina vs Victoria

Hey everyone, first time poster here. I got my ticket for Backlash here in Atlanta. The card for WM23 really sucks, so I hope they do better with the "fallout"

The local commercials for it feature Cena, HBK, and Edge talking about the Backlash after WM23, but nothing real interesting.

i think HBK and Taker will win at WM23, cos Taker hasnt won the title since like 2002, and HBK last won it in like 2003. Cena and Batista winnin the titles is gettin a bit stale, especially as Batista is just big and doesn't really impress much. I think Cena should get outta the wat of the WWE Title for a short while, so my fav plan would be a quick rematch for the tile the Raw after Mania! A perfect plan would be Edge spearing Cena when the referee is down(cos he wants the title), and then Orton coming to RKO Edge (cos Edge and Orton would've crossed each other officially after the MITB match(which hopefully Kennedy wins). Cena would then see Orton leaving, and then get Superkicked and lose.

With Edge's sights on HBK and the title, and Cean preoccupied with Orton. There will be a a #1 Contenders Mathc between the two Rated-RKO members. Hopefully, Cena FU's Orton, and ignites a major feud, so Edge can win and face HBK at Backlash.

What I would like is not a Batista vs Kennedy rematch, but a Kane vs Taker reignition of the feud. Kane should turn heel, and pretend to shake Taker's hand upon winning the title, but then chokeslam him and trade the titles back n forth at Backlash and Judgment Day (since now all PPVs including wrestlers frp, all three brands).

I would also enjoy more title changes. Benoit has kept the US Title for too long, so an MVP win would be a refresh. Also, London/Kendrick havnt really had a major feud for a while, so either Deuce N Domino win or a new ag team emerges to beat em. Since Mercury is sacked, Nitro, Kenny, Masters, Carlito and some others should really push for the IC Title and keep it midcard, since Umaga is really a super heavyweight.

Cena'HBK won't hav the titles for much longer, so hopefully WGTT, Highlanders and Cryme Tyme keep on battlin for the titles. The Hardy's should stay on the same brand (presumably ECW as ECW need a push for their new Tag Titles).

Let's Pray To God That Taker Wins The Match And The Title At Mania......

I have a feeling that michaels is either going to win the title at wrestlemania or if not atleast backlash. The DX line has been going on for awhile and will eventually have to end. With triple h returning during summerslam that would be a perfect time for triple h to go back to his "old self," win the title and end the DX story line.

As for the next contender for the ecw world heavyweight title i have a feeling that were going to be seeing a lot of snitsky in the near future.

I'm not sure about batista and taker. The plot will be inteserting as to what is going to happen but unfortunately the match wont even be half as good.

now that DX has come back to the WWE, I don't think they'll be taken off, given the huge success of merchandise and crowds for house shows. I for one was intrigued at every Raw episode just because of DX. Triple H is probably too old for the ittle now, and its time for the New Breed like Kennedy, MVP and Orton to come through. HHH and HBK probably won't hav any more WWE and World Heavyweight Title reigns after HHH comes back. Anyway, who the hell doesn't want to see DX...

I think wwe are going to be very smart at Backlash

i say the card will be

Umaga Vs Hardy-IC Title

some bad tag team match

Khali Vs Lashley-Can see vince continuing the feud with lashley and give Khali more of a push

Looser Leaves raw Edge Vs Orton

WM 23 Rematch-Hbk vs Cena

i think cena will win then Mr.kennedy will come out and cash in the money in the bank and screw Cena out of the title.

This way Edge looses to orton he goes 2 Sd and Feuds with Taker Batista and rey.

Backlash 2007
my preditions for card

HBK v Cena re match ( cus edge is gona screw orton out of number 1 condender match next week on raw)

Orton v Edge new feud ( maybe losser leaves Raw stipulations )
Orton v Edge WOULD BE HEAPS GOOD FUED!!!

Lashley v Vince / Umaga handicap match..can see this happening very much after this weeks raw..

Mickie James V Malina

Great kali V some middle card wrestler ( Kahli will never get the push cus he is a very bad wrestler..

Jeff Hardy/ Matt V lance cade and trevor murdock LADDER MATCH..can see this should be easy win for the hardyzz

yea guys tell me what u think of my backlash card preditions!!.. some might thing none of this matches r gona happen .. so tell me what u think the card will be!!

After viewing tonights raw i definitely think that the card for backlash could look as follows:

HBK vs Cena vs Orton vs maybe edge jumping in

Vince and umaga vs lashley

undertaker vs battista

rvd and sabu vs dreamer and sandman for the new ecw tag straps

carlito vs rick flair

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member