Night of Champions - Unified WWE Tag Team Championship - Jericho & ??? (c) vs Legacy

That would be interesting to see it be Kane, but, don't understand how much sense that makes. Kane already has a feud going with Khali, unless this is a situation that Jericho and Kane can use to mutually benefit each other. For instance, Kane backs up Jericho to keep the tag titles, and in return, Jericho helps Kane get rid of Khali? Favor for a favor if you will?

I easily see Jericho and a recently resigned Chris Masters beating Legacy and Ted then attacking Cody Rhodes post match and screwing Randy out of the WWE title. That would put Ted as a face and have Triple H or John Cena winning the title and having Orton have a short feud with Ted before going back for the title while Ted goes for the US title or something.

Another scenario could be Jericho talking to Kane to convince him to get in touch with his brother, the Undertaker. Jericho wants his partner to be on his level, and if Jericho sees himself storyline wise as the face of Smackdown! then the only other guy close to being the face of the show is the Taker. It wouldn't be the first time that Kane has phoned in a favor from his brother. Earlier this year Kane reached out to the Taker so he would appear on Raw to face Randy Orton.

Another scenario could be Jericho talking to Kane to convince him to get in touch with his brother, the Undertaker. Jericho wants his partner to be on his level, and if Jericho sees himself storyline wise as the face of Smackdown! then the only other guy close to being the face of the show is the Taker. It wouldn't be the first time that Kane has phoned in a favor from his brother. Earlier this year Kane reached out to the Taker so he would appear on Raw to face Randy Orton.
While that's a good hypothesis, I think that Chris Jericho's partner will be a heel, and I don't see Undertaker changing as of now because of how massively over he's as a face.

I'm not gonna say who my partner is going to be tomorrow...but he is EVIL....
If that twitter is legit, it would seem logical that Kane would be his partner considering his gimmick is that of an evil person, and he's heel.

My other choice is Chris Masters, but unless he has adopted an evil gimmick, I don't see how it corresponds to the twitter.

Jericho has said in the past that he doesn't like spoilers, so the one person I won't expect is Kane. Frankly I'd be disappointed if it's him as it seems a very random choice.

If that Twitter is real and his partner is evil, what if it turned out to be The Undertaker. That would be a shocking decision. That would bring even more interest towards the Tag Titles cause people would be like, wdf jericho and taker.

No one will see it coming

slowdude said:
If that Twitter is real and his partner is evil, what if it turned out to be The Undertaker. That would be a shocking decision. That would bring even more interest towards the Tag Titles cause people would be like, wdf jericho and taker.

No one will see it coming

True, but do you really think that WWE will turn Undertaker heel in order to pair him up with Jericho, that'd gamble on his fan base and drawing ability? Or otherwise, it could be a face/heel duo, albeit unlikely.

I'm Sticking to Kane or Masters. Kane is "evil" and a heel, and Masters has resigned and is a heel.

i rekon randy orton is "evil" to a certain degree.so as a twist maybe have orton as his partner, the reason? orton thinks that ted is a threat becuz of their match they had. so he joins jericho to take em out and get the titles. for the main event ted and cody attack randy costing him the title.
this culd lead to a priceless V jericho/orton fued. just an idea.

but right now kane seems like the one to pick.

I have a feeling its gonna be the undertaker. It wont be Kane, Khali or even Zigller since Jericho partnered with Ziggler, and talked to Khali and Kane on SD that just be to obvious. I would love for it to be Christian but since Jerichos Tweet about him being evil if that is legit it wont be Christian. First thing that came to my mind was Taker coming back as Big EVIL. This could also have Jericho turn on Taker in sometime and set up the amazing feud that is bound to happen between the two. My money is on Taker if the tweet was legit or Christian if that tweet wasnt legit.

I have a feeling its gonna be the undertaker. It wont be Kane, Khali or even Ziggler since Jericho partnered with Ziggler, and talked to Khali and Kane on SD. IMO that just be to obvious and not really exciting with the amount of build they are putting toward this. I would love for it to be Christian but since Jerichos Tweet about his partner being evil if that is legit it wont be Christian. First thing that came to my mind was Taker coming back as Big EVIL. This could also have Jericho turn on Taker in sometime and set up the amazing feud that is bound to happen between the two. My money is on Taker if the tweet was legit or Christian if that tweet wasnt legit. I for one wasnt a big fan of big evil, but with the feud it could lead to with Jericho I am all for it. Also remember the reports of Undertaker and Palumbo at McDonalds and people said Undertaker cut his hair...........

I think the best option here would be for The Undertaker to be Jericho's partner if he's recovered from his injury, because of the amount of bulid up, it's gonna be a disappointment if it turns out to be Kane, The Miz, Brian Kendrick, Dolph Ziggler, etc. And unless it's someone like 'Taker, HBK, Christian or Orton then it'll be a let down.

I'd have Legacy come out first, get on the mic and say "it doesn't matter about who your partner is Jericho because there's not a man alive who can stop us". Jericho can then come out and say "maybe your right, maybe there isn't a man alive who can stop you, but you didn't say anything about a Deadman"

Out comes Taker. Place erupts. Legacy are looking on in disbelieve outside the ring. Jericho gets on the mic again, "you people disgust me, when I came out here you booed me, and now because one of your heroes is my tag team partner, a man who comes from the depths of hell, someone who is unspeakably evil, now you decide to cheer me. It just goes to show what hypocrits you people are" Jericho goes on about saying how smart he is for a bit, turns round and is given, a chokeslam, followed by a tombstone by The Undertaker who then leaves the ring. Then legacy crawl in and get the easy victory.

This would obviously lead to an Undertaker-Y2J feud. As for Legacy, I think they should then get involved in the main event and cost HHH. Then the next night on Raw, HHH can attack Rhodes and Dibase when they're in a tag match. The week after they could do a handicap match where it looks like they're gonna finish HHH for good but HBK runs in and makes the save setting up DX vs. Priceless at Summerslam. If Cody and Ted are allowed to look competitive against Shawn and Triple H, or as their equals, it will work wonders for them.

I have to say that is an exceptional hypothesis and a scenario that would work extremely well. The only thing i would add is that when Jericho addresses the crowd it would be better if he called them "gelatinous cretins". :)

Ok so we have a few weeks of build up for something that could have been epic and shocking but what do we get Big Show...IMO the biggest letdown I have seen in a very very long time. A chance for the WWE do something new albeit this was unexpected but not in a good way like they could have done.

Your thoughts

Yeah, even though I was probably the only one to have successfully guessed it was Big Show who ended up being the mystery partner, I was still surprised anyway, even though I said I wouldn't be. I was only surprised because of how boring and lacklustre it was to just end up having it be someone so obvious. Because if any normal person had to pick a partner, Big Show would be the most obvious choice if you couldn't choose someone who is constantly in the main event or near the main event. I said I wouldn't be surprised because WWE is always going to seem like they could do something surprising, but then just do something like this and be as obvious as anything with a heel tag champion choosing a heel Big Show as their new partner.

Apparantly Vince was angry that this didn't get the crowd hyped up enough for the show. What were you expecting after picking the Big Show? Four heels don't make a very exciting match, there needed to be a face with Jericho who could possibly turn on him or win with him but there be tension. Big Show couldn't excite kids in a santa's outfit on Christmas Eve. Ted and Cody don't seem like they will get tag gold and Legacy won't have that "we hold all the titles" moment. Awful opening to the show.

I dont remember anything about this match either. I do remember it was fucking SILENCIO during it though, as well....it was two heel teams. It was said Vince was pissy backstage about the silence. not too sure what the fuck else he expected. I popped like a mofo for Jericho, so did some others, but he was pretty roundly booed. I have now FELT the feeling of 20 thousand disappointed people. Felt it when the Big Show came out. I popped for the Walls Of Jericho. I was the only one, and looked like an idiot. Oh well.

The announcement of Big Show as Jericho’s tag partner was such a huge letdown. I know Big Show hasn’t been doing anything of importance but they still could have put someone that people care somewhat about in that position. I don’t think much people cared that Big Show was Jericho’s partner because everyone was expecting someone else. It was just a letdown especially since I was expecting someone else and I’m sure others were expecting someone else too. As far as the match, it shouldn’t have been the opener. It was pretty boring to be honest. I feel kind of sorry for Jericho for being stuck in that position. They had 1 guys who the majority of people don’t even care for any more in the Big Show and they had 2 guys who people don’t care about and see them more as jobbers than anything, those 2 guys would be Ted and Cody. Jericho was the only one who anyone cared about and he wasn’t even enough to make the match good. I was just completely bored by the match and completely disappointed by it. I was just expecting so much more and I’m sure others were too but we didn’t get it. This just wasn’t the right match to open up the show. Maybe the US title match would have been a good opener, but this match was not the right one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back