Night of Champions - Unified WWE Tag Team Championship - Jericho & ??? (c) vs Legacy

So tonight on Raw it was announced that Jericho can pick his partner for the match at Night of Champions. So the inevitable question is, who is it? And for once, I have no idea who it could be. My guess is that Legacy wins the titles, while Jericho blames his partner and goes on to feud with whoever it may be.

So tonight on Raw it was announced that Jericho can pick his partner for the match at Night of Champions. So the inevitable question is, who is it? And for once, I have no idea who it could be. My guess is that Legacy wins the titles, while Jericho blames his partner and goes on to feud with whoever it may be.

One of two things:

1) If the plan is for the person to act as Jericho's partner for one night only, losing the titles to Legacy, and not winning them back, then it needs to be someone who can take the loss and a subsequent "he was trash" segment from Jericho. The only person in a position like that is The Brian Kendrick, who for a while there was looking for "the perfect partner" or whatever. I don't think they'll choose him.

2) If the plan is to keep the titles on Jericho and his mystery partner, then its more than obvious who it will be. The Miz. He's a straight shooter like Jericho said. Behind the scenes they're clearly friends what with their playful banter back and forth on Twitter so I'm sure Jericho would have no problem teaming up with him. Miz has no current feud, while Swagger and Ziggler and most other heels do.

I have a feeling we'll get #2. It would make no sense for Miz to be Jericho's partner, lose the titles that night, and never team up again, especially seeing as how DiBiase is going to be turning face eventually, and Cody Rhodes is currently working with a minor neck injury. That's too chaotic of a team to put the titles on. If they were going for stability, they'd be better suited having the Hart Dynasty win the titles and use that as the reasoning behind their feud with Cryme Tyme, rather than giving the titles to Legacy for them to just split up due to injury and/or a split from the team after having nobody to defend their titles against.

So that's my current prediction for this: Jericho + Miz defeat Legacy.

This could be a spoiler to Jericho's mystery partner:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/nightofchampions/matches/10728352/preview/

If you look at the silhouette by Chris Jericho, it is Ted DiBiase in Reverse. I can't believe that Ted is in the match and they have used his shadow as Jericho's mystery partner. This could just be a coincidence but Ted matches all the characteristics that Jericho said his new partner has. It could be like last years night of champions where Cody turned on Hardcore Holly, Ted could turn on Cody, especially with his growing hostility towards Randy.

If the WWE does this I think it would be unexpected and it should give Ted a push. He could even go to SmackDown so he could be on the same brand as Jericho. I think moving to SmackDown would be good for him as it is where the younger superstars such as John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler are growing.

I personally would love to see Jericho turn up and say, 'As we all know i won't have Edge, the 10+ times Tag Team champion in my corner tonight, so i've decided to get the next best thing to replace him. Christian!' Out comes Christian, they have a little talk about hating each other the last time they were face to face, but then also reminisce about their former days as a tag team, and when Christian helped Jericho retain titles in the past etc, and that's out tag title match. It would end, with Christian actually costing Jericho the title, and they start a fued on SD.

I think it's more likely though, that Jericho will stick with someone on his own brand, and we won't have another swerve like last month with a guy losing one title match only to go and win another. I doubt Tommy Dreamer's ECW title reign is going to last much longer personally.

What's most likely to happen, is they have Legacy split up, which is stupid because if they're going to fight they might as well fuck Orton around as well.

That 'freebird' idea while being great for fans doesn't make sense to Orton's character. He doesn't give a shit about anything other than the WWE title. That's the whole reason there's friction between him and Priceless. They want to get the tag belts and make a name for themselves, but Randy doesn't care what they want, and he sure as fuck doesn't care if his group has the tag titles or not either.

As for Jericho's partner, i think it's probably going to be someone like Kane. This stupid Khali fued isn't going to get over, so why not scrap that and have Kane and Jericho as the tag champs, and then they fued in the way that Edge and Jericho were supposedly going to?

Why would Kane be a bad idea? Since Wrestlemania, he's beaten the current World Champ once in a tag match and then again on PPV, he's beaten the current #1 contender AND he's left Khali down and out on more than one occassion. Kane is on a roll right now, so what better candidate from Jericho's own roster, that is a heel, could he possibly pick?

If this Khali thing has to happen, have him come down to the ring and he and Kane can fight up the ramp way, and Legacy can beat Jericho down and take his title. They can then do exactly as Orton does and cheat to retain over and over, and then when the chips are really down for them and Orton tells them he can't be bothered to help them out, THAT's when they lose, and THAT's when they turn on Orton.

So i'm going to say Kane is going to be the surprise partner, but Legacy will win the belts.

maybe jericho's partner will be brian kendrick..think about it. jericho is compared to HBK. HBK trained Kendrick. I think they could work well together. they both have similar styles and similar mouth running. as for ziggler..keep him on the singles trail. have him fight mysterio. so i don't think it will be him. IMO it should be Kendrick.

have you guys thought of HBK? he's hurt, he hates legacy, he could act as if he could care less to be there and somehow be put on smackdown to do something with 'Taker. i'd like to see the heartbreak kid team with Y2J. hey that could be a good excuse to put HBK onto smackdown.

as for christian? no it won't work to have him work for the tag titles when he's after the ECW title. so i doubt it.

maybe zack ryder? remember la familia? yeah edge could say "hey i got you a partner that i know personally." everyone will think christian, them WOO WOO WOO. having him with jericho could do wonders..

Thats just a few ideas

Great, i get to tear you a new one here as well.

maybe jericho's partner will be brian kendrick..think about it. jericho is compared to HBK. HBK trained Kendrick. I think they could work well together. they both have similar styles and similar mouth running.

Except Kendrick smokes too much pot and will be lucky if he gets to be a Lumberjack at next WM's dark tag match.

as for ziggler..keep him on the singles trail. have him fight mysterio. so i don't think it will be him. IMO it should be Kendrick.

Yeah keep Ziggler in a singles role. We wouldn't want him to prove he's a better tag wrestler than Morrison, now would we?

have you guys thought of HBK?

No, because it's a stupid idea.

he's hurt, he hates legacy,

No, he hates Orton. He has no reason to hate Priceless, because Legacy have had no interaction with HBK in the whole time they've been a stable.

he could act as if he could care less to be there and somehow be put on smackdown to do something with 'Taker.

They both had a match that required them to take months off as a result and now you want them to have a fued? Fuck man, Vince wants to see Taker cripple himself as it is, without the fans wanting it too.

i'd like to see the heartbreak kid team with Y2J. hey that could be a good excuse to put HBK onto smackdown.

While making absolutely no sense. You want HBK to forget having his vision permanently impaired, and his wife punched in the face, and being left a bloody shell of a man by Jericho multiple times during the fued of the year, JUST so he can stop Orton's lackeys from becoming the tag champs?

You also want to take a ME name AWAY from Raw? I read your poor excuse for a post where you said you don't appreciate Cena or HHH's wrestling ability, and here you are basically saying, 'let's make them the only ME faces on Raw by putting HBK on SD!'

as for christian? no it won't work to have him work for the tag titles when he's after the ECW title. so i doubt it.

It would work, it's just they did it 3 or 4 weeks ago at the previous PPV.

maybe zack ryder?

Oh God no.

remember la familia?

Yeah, do you not remember how much they sucked?

yeah edge could say "hey i got you a partner that i know personally." everyone will think christian, them WOO WOO WOO. having him with jericho could do wonders..

For who exactly? Ryder? A guy they obviously don't think is good enough for the big TV shows, is suddenly going to get thrust on to PPV with Jericho and get an uber rub from him? Thank God you don't work for WWE.

Thats just a few ideas

Terrible, terrible ideas as well.

Ziggler faces Rey Mysterio in the first match of the night. Loses. Later that night. Jericho comes out for his match. Announces Ziggler as his partener. They win. seems simple to me. This then leads to a SummerSlam match that nobody wants to see. Probably involving Cryme Tyme.

This could be a spoiler to Jericho's mystery partner:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/nightofchampions/matches/10728352/preview/

If you look at the silhouette by Chris Jericho, it is Ted DiBiase in Reverse. I can't believe that Ted is in the match and they have used his shadow as Jericho's mystery partner. This could just be a coincidence but Ted matches all the characteristics that Jericho said his new partner has. It could be like last years night of champions where Cody turned on Hardcore Holly, Ted could turn on Cody, especially with his growing hostility towards Randy.

If the WWE does this I think it would be unexpected and it should give Ted a push. He could even go to SmackDown so he could be on the same brand as Jericho. I think moving to SmackDown would be good for him as it is where the younger superstars such as John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler are growing.

I don't think the silhouette hints at anything. It seems more to me like WWE got lazy and just reversed DiBiase's pic to make up the ??? character.

Personally I'm hoping for the Miz being his partner. They could do very well as a tag team and it would help further the Miz by working with someone like Y2J.

I guess The Miz makes a lot of sense. They're both heels, they're both talk a big game, both are pretty over. However, I think Miz would be better served continuing to prove himself as a singles competitor rather than jump right back into the tag division he left a few months ago.

I'm guessing it will probably be Ziggler. I doubt he'll beat Mysterio, so he'll be able to go win his 2nd match after losing his first like many others have done in the past. I think Jiggler would be a pretty cool team.

as much as i would love to see an E & C reunion, i would love to see a Christian and Jericho reunion just as much. two amazing canadian wrestlers back together.

yeah christian's the top face on ecw but that's basically a little higher up on the wwe food chain then being a jobber to hornswoggle (chavo). christian could be the best on ecw for years but that probly wouldnt mean jack shit to vince.

the only chance he has of becoming a main eventer and winning real world titles, not that joke of a "title" they call the ECW championship, would be to get him involved with a ME guy that he has ties to the past with a.k.a jericho or edge. and since edge will be out till around march, jericho is the perfect option.

working as a heel (which i personally think he was best at) with one of today's greatest heels would IMO put him on the fast road to ME level. and what would really help would be the future storylines down the line.

after talking a lot of trash about edge with jericho, christian starts to feel bad about tearing up his brother, which eventually leads to christian turning into a huge face again and feuding with jericho in classic battles. edge returns towards the end of the feud as a top face and helps christian in a big match with jericho thus causing E & C to reunite against him.

vince has got to recognize the money involved in those situations containing so much of wwe's tag team history. the best thing to do would be to make christian lose the ecw title match at NOC and then be revealed as jericho's partner and rag on edge.

This whole tag team titles situation has me very interested. It has sucked me in to the point of craziness (not literally). I just really want to know who his tag team partner will be. I really liked the idea of Kane being his mystery partner. It would add a whole new twist on the tag division. Kane would be a pretty good choice IMO because his Khali feud is nothing better than decent and, it won't get any better than decent (I can't believe I am actually calling this feud decent, lol). Kane has been on a pretty decent role lately. Beating CM Punk at and before Backlash, beating Jeff Hardy (#1 contender for the World Heavywieght Championship), and laying the 7 plus footer, Khali, on numerous occasions. This would give Kane some more credibility and this could lead into a Jericho/Kane feud that was supposed to happen with Edge. Jerich/Kane feud would be pretty good too, not as good as Jericho/Edge but, it could still be good.

Another possibility that I thought of is "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters. WWE has just re-signed him and what better way to make him look good when he returns then to have him work with the best heel (IMO) in the business, Chris Jericho. This would be a VERY unexpected move by WWE and could be pretty good. They once again could have a feud similar to the Jericho/Edge feud they were planning on having. This feud would be worse then Jericho/Edge feud and it would mst likely be worse than the Jericho/Kane feud I was discusiing above but, it could still be a good feud. This scenario is a kind of far fetched but, it would be interesting to say the least.

Anyways, my pick to be Jericho's partner would probably have to be Kane just because he isn't really doing much right now so, why not throw him into the tag title scene. Good thread!

I think Jericho's new partner will be Jack Swagger or The Miz either man would be a phenomenal choice and would ensure Jericho keeps the titles. Dolph Ziggler is out because he is in an IC title match. The Brian Kendrick would be an option but if its him like NoFate said in his article it will just be to drop the titles to Legacy and Jericho will blame TBK for the loss. So if its anyone other than Miz or Swagger I think Legacy win the titles.

It could posibbly be Ted DiBiase since when DiBiase and Rhodes lost their titles,Randy Orton didn't give a damn about it.This could lead to a feud.It could be CM Punk or Christian.If CM Punk loses his title he would be Jericho's partner.Christian could be Jericho's partner and lead to a feud with Edge(that would be an awesome feud and a good heel turn).And last but not least,Randy Orton leading a feud with DiBiase and Rhodes,also it would be a great team but Y2J and Edge are a better team.

It would be funny to see it be Ted turning on Cody, like Cody did to Holly a year ago, to see him start showing early signs of his face turn and a potential rub from Jericho would be interesting. But, I'm sure most people are predicting Christian to be the partner after losing to Dreamer, which I also hope is the outcome as well. Although, I'm not completely convinced yet, as WWE change plans all the time, so if they have noticed people speculating that it could be Christian or even Dolph Ziggler, then I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it be Big Show, just because he has nothing better to do and WWE seems to do nothing but swerve people lately.

now what would you think if the sioluette, wasn't of ted, but of one of his brothers either brett or mike, since they look similar to ted
let me know what you would think of this if wwe swerved us like this

This is definitely one of the most intriguing matches on the card. Because of who will be Jericho’s partner. I see Dolph Ziggler being announced as Jericho’s mystery partner.

It’s obvious they want to push Ziggler, so why not put him with one of the top guys on Smackdown? He would get a huge rub by just teaming with Jericho. Also, it allows him to be built up even more because since the Unified Tag Team Champions are allowed to appear on any brand and can have single matches, apparently, then he will be able to face a lot more talent. Lastly, if they want to build him up even further then they can have him defeat Rey Mysterio earlier in the night for the Intercontinental Title. Then they can have Jericho and him retain the Tag Title, thus making him a double champion. It might be too early to do something like that, but sometimes they just have to take some risks and see what happens. It will either succeed or fail, it has a 50/50 chance.

This is definitely one of the most intriguing matches on the card. Because of who will be Jericho’s partner.

Well, no not really. But it should add a suprise effect.

I see Dolph Ziggler being announced as Jericho’s mystery partner.

It would be interesting, but I don't see it happening. Ziggler needs to be pushed as a singles star, not a tag-team star.

It’s obvious they want to push Ziggler, so why not put him with one of the top guys on Smackdown?

Because they're more than likely going to put the Intercontinental championship on him, thus making him allegedly the 2nd best guy on the show.

He would get a huge rub by just teaming with Jericho.

He doesn't need a rub, hes got his own charisma.

Also, it allows him to be built up even more because since the Unified Tag Team Champions are allowed to appear on any brand and can have single matches, apparently, then he will be able to face a lot more talent.

This would be the upside to it, but I don't think they would have singles matches once theres two champions again. Outside of "Superstars" or something of that nature.

Lastly, if they want to build him up even further then they can have him defeat Rey Mysterio earlier in the night for the Intercontinental Title.

Hes going to beat Mysterio. I'll put, 500 E-dollars on it.

Then they can have Jericho and him retain the Tag Title, thus making him a double champion.

Err, what the fucks a double champion?

It might be too early to do something like that, but sometimes they just have to take some risks and see what happens.

Too early for one man to hold two titles? I think no man should hold more than one title, outside of unified titles, or an undisputed champion such as Jericho had when he won both the Intercontinental, and World Heavyweight title. Having the Intercontinental title, and Tag Team titles makes you king of the midcard, not king of the company. You don't want to be king of the midcard.

It will either succeed or fail, it has a 50/50 chance.

I put it more at a 10/90. Of course, 10 being the suceeding rate, and 90 being the fail rate. Not because these two could work, but becuase in the end, I don't think it would benifit either star. Ziggler needs to stay in singles compition, Jericho can rub someone that needs it, and can't make it on their own.

There is only one real problem Savage. And that's Dolph's star power. I'm most worried about Jericho completely overshadowing his tag team partner. They tried it with Cade, but Cade just didn't have the power to be seen on the same level as Jericho. People would see Dolph as more of a prodige than a partner. Even as the IC champ, I don't think he will be seen on Jericho's level. That's why Punk would be better.

Punk is right now the World Heavyweight Champion and a new heel. He in my opinion would be someone not overshadowed by Jericho, but instead he would compliment Jericho perfectly.

I don't mind the idea of Dolph, but at this point, I don't think it's a wise idea to pair him up with Jericho.

Well, no not really. But it should add a suprise effect.
Well yes, yes really. People are intrigued to find out who will be Jericho’s tag team partner.
It would be interesting, but I don't see it happening. Ziggler needs to be pushed as a singles star, not a tag-team star.
He can be pushed as both a single’s star and tag-team star.

Because they're more than likely going to put the Intercontinental championship on him, thus making him allegedly the 2nd best guy on the show.
That’s funny. Just because he holds the Intercontinental title it doesn’t not mean he is the second best guy on the show. It means that he’s the best guy in the mid-card division. You basically just said that he’s better than The Undertaker (even though he’s currently inactive), Edge (even though he’s inactive too), Chris Jericho, and Rey Mysterio (if he was to lose the Intercontinental title). We all know he isn’t better than any of those guys and you just implied he is.
He doesn't need a rub, hes got his own charisma.
We’re not talking about charisma here. He does need a rub because it helps him get over even further than he already is. Jericho is just the guy that can help him get over more. By association he gets more heat.
Hes going to beat Mysterio. I'll put, 500 E-dollars on it.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it were to happen.
Err, what the fucks a double champion?
Someone who holds two titles simultaneously.
Too early for one man to hold two titles? I think no man should hold more than one title, outside of unified titles, or an undisputed champion such as Jericho had when he won both the Intercontinental, and World Heavyweight title. Having the Intercontinental title, and Tag Team titles makes you king of the midcard, not king of the company. You don't want to be king of the midcard.
No, it doesn’t make you kind of the mid-card, as you put it. By having him hold two different titles, it builds him up. He becomes a believable threat. It’s like those title are used as a stepping stone from being in the mid-card to main-eventing.

And I believe that sometimes it’s appropriate to have someone hold two different champions. It’s obvious that Dolph is going to be a future top heel for the company and they need to start building him up before it’s too late.

I put it more at a 10/90. Of course, 10 being the suceeding rate, and 90 being the fail rate. Not because these two could work, but becuase in the end, I don't think it would benifit either star. Ziggler needs to stay in singles compition, Jericho can rub someone that needs it, and can't make it on their own.
It would benefit Dolph. Like I said earlier by association it helps get Dolph get over further than he already is.

Also, how does Dolph not need a rub? He hasn’t really beaten anyone of importance other than MVP (and most people don’t ever remember that) and isn’t seen as a legitimate threat to anything. He needs a rub in order to stay relevant. Jericho is just the guy that can give him a nice rub.

Ziggler is already in a match,and to be honest,why would you put Ziggler in two matches for titles?Is he really that important?I think we (unfortunately) will see the same shit that happened last year,the expected twist of Dibiase being the partner,and it's last year all over again in the tag department.I hope that it'll be someone who has loads of potential,like,Todd Grisham.Lol,but seriously I hope it'll be Tyson Kidd, because Jericho did graduate from the Dungeon,having him in the Hart Dynasty,making them the most powerful stable ever.Or Haas.I don't know why Haas,but you never know.Just look at the preview picture on wwe.com in the Night of Champions part.

I'm expecting Jericho and his mystery partner to take this match. There's been too much build up over this for the team to walk out empty handed I think. As to who the mystery partner might be, I think it'll be someone that's been a tag champ before. Jericho has said that he basically wants someone that's on his level, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be HBK or the Undertaker.

I doubt it'll be either of those, but I think it'd be a nice surprise. If it were to turn out to be Taker, it could potentially be the first step towards the set up a feud between the two that a lot of people, me included, wanna see.

With the recent re-signing of Chris Masters, he could be the mystery partner. And how about...... the HEART BREAK KID, Shawn Michaels! I know it's a long shot but hey, with the upcoming submission PPV in Canada, this could be a great time to turn him heel.

This match could either be the best match of the night, or the worst. If Jericho's partner is someone awesome, then it will be a really great match. If they pull the same crap they did last year with some type of betrayal and/or handicap match, then it will be the worst match of the night. Seriously, they did that last year so why do it again this year? I am really hoping for someone cool to be Jericho's partner, heck even if it was the big surprise return of Braden Walker (sarcasm) then that would STILL be better than Jericho's partner being himself or either member of legacy. I am giving Legacy my vote in this match, if they win the tag belts and Orton retains then legacy will look more dominant.

wwe, PLEASE don't make the partner be jericho or either of the legacy guys, PLEASE!!!! I have a bad feeling that's what will happen, just like the BS that happened last year.

Dagger Dias prediction.... __ LEGACY
_

After rewatching monday's RAW i'm swaying towards Jericho's partner being Cody Rhodes. I really really hope they don't do this because it will break up legacy which in my opinion has excellent potential as a tag team and i believe they both need more development as a tag team before pursuing singles careers.
Good shouts for his tag partner being HBK or even the Undertaker but i can't see how this could work continuity-wise (although that hasn't stopped the WWE before). If it were one of those two i'd prefer it to be HBK. That said i still (sadly) beleive his tag partner will be Cody Rhodes.

This is from Jericho's Twitter Page...

I'm not gonna say who my partner is going to be tomorrow...but he is EVIL....

This makes me wonder if this is a clue from WWE or Jericho to add speculation to the title match this Sunday. Maybe it means its Kane. Jericho did already try to recruit the services of Mark Henry to no avail why not a nother power man. Maybe its just a way for WWE to throw us off but thought I'd add in that it might be a clue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back