The Usos Are The *NEW* WWE Tag Team Champions

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
On Raw last night in what was honestly a good tag team match, or more like a handicap match if you wanna be technical since Mizdow wasn't even in the match legally I don't think, The Usos capture the tag titles for the 2nd time in their career. I thought The Usos had a great run as babyface tag team champions, it was helped by the tag team division generally being stronger than it is now. However, with The Usos as champs and the debut of The Ascension last night, here's hoping that things get back on track with the tag team division.

Speaking of The Ascension, I was a little disappointed that they didn't come out and spoil The Usos' victory celebration. It seemed like a perfect opportunity for them to show up and make and impact. But, at the same time, maybe launching them into a feud for the tag titles immediately upon debuting on the main roster isn't the way to go yet. People should see more of what The Ascension can do before they're booked into a title feud.

It's a pretty transparent transitional reign. They're keeping them warm for The Ascension. I can't say I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation of that particular feud.

While there have been a lot of islander characters and teams over the years I just can't get into the Uso's, they look like the Flintstones.

The Usos had a pretty good first run, although it suffered from a lack of competition/the usual ignoring of the tag division. I am sad that the reign of Miz/Mizdow is over already, seems like they could've done more with them. But of course Ascension's going to compete for the titles right off the bat and I'm guessing they don't want to feed New Day to them(yet). Least the tag division's starting to look up compared to most of 2014.

To all the people who like to criticize Miz's in-ring skills, this match was proof that he is a solid wrestler. Yes, he is no Daniel Bryan, but knows how to put out entertaining quality matches. It recieved "This is Awesome" chants and rightfully so! What an Awesome match it was and I'm not bothered by the fact that Usos are the champs again. They had thier time off so it's now refreshing once more! We had false finishers, counter attacks, submissions, splashes and everything! Great Tag Team Title match!!! :worship:

However, with The Usos as champs and the debut of The Ascension last night, here's hoping that things get back on track with the tag team division.
The division has so much potential right now, if booked well and with the development of a few more legitimate teams.
The Uso's - Face
The Ascension - Tweeners
Gold and Stardust - Heel but turn face before split
Harper and Rowan - Heel (reform them, not neccessarily with Bray. The thought of Ascension vs Wyatts. Wow)
Primo and Epico - Face (no more Los Matadores)
The New Day - Heel
Include the demise of Miz and Mizdow

Also SlaterGater could be very entertaining if booked well. Look at 2000, many joke teams such as Holly's, Head Cheese, Too Cool and Godfather/D'Lo but they would pick up wins and have competitive title matches!

I like it! The Usos deserve it. They have been on fire for a while and they are a good team and an exciting team to watch. Maybe they have a bit too much of a carbon copy matches but I'm sure that can change and really, it's that bad, it's still entertaining. Those Super Kicks, wow!

Tag Division should be really good in 2015.

The Usos
The Ascension
Gold & Stardust
The New Day

and a few others.

This was pretty stupid, even though it was an excellent match.

Does WWE know how strong they're making the Miz look by having him fight the Uso's more or less by himself? I know that he's supposed to be getting heat by not making the tag, but forget Seth Rollins, the Miz is easily the strongest of the cowardly heels...even though taking on 2 guys himself is now really cowardly.

Then they had Mizdow get squashed by the Ascension...Yikes, and people complained about how WWE was using Ziggler. The Mizdow gags are funny, but the problem is that it's easy to forget that indeed, Mizdow is a wrestler. I thought we'd see more of him in action after he did carry a match with the Rhodes Brothers around the time when they first got the belts.

If anything, they should have the Miz leaving Sandow to take on their opponents by himself more often. But I guess that would cause the audience to turn on the Uso's.

To all the people who like to criticize Miz's in-ring skills, this match was proof that he is a solid wrestler. Yes, he is no Daniel Bryan, but knows how to put out entertaining quality matches. It recieved "This is Awesome" chants and rightfully so! What an Awesome match it was and I'm not bothered by the fact that Usos are the champs again. They had thier time off so it's now refreshing once more! We had false finishers, counter attacks, submissions, splashes and everything! Great Tag Team Title match!!! :worship:

That's exactly how I felt about that match. I find Miz very entertaining in and out of the ring. He's not the best wrestler but he's one of the best entertainers on the roster.

On Raw last night in what was honestly a good tag team match, or more like a handicap match if you wanna be technical since Mizdow wasn't even in the match legally I don't think, The Usos capture the tag titles for the 2nd time in their career. I thought The Usos had a great run as babyface tag team champions, it was helped by the tag team division generally being stronger than it is now. However, with The Usos as champs and the debut of The Ascension last night, here's hoping that things get back on track with the tag team division.

Speaking of The Ascension, I was a little disappointed that they didn't come out and spoil The Usos' victory celebration. It seemed like a perfect opportunity for them to show up and make and impact. But, at the same time, maybe launching them into a feud for the tag titles immediately upon debuting on the main roster isn't the way to go yet. People should see more of what The Ascension can do before they're booked into a title feud.

I didn't even notice until you brought it to my attention that Mizdow wasn't involved in the match.

I figured if The Ascension didn't ruin The Usos' celebration that they would have targeted someone like Goldust and Stardust or New Day just to look strong. I'm not sure if The Ascension are faces or heels.

I didn't even notice until you brought it to my attention that Mizdow wasn't involved in the match.

I figured if The Ascension didn't ruin The Usos' celebration that they would have targeted someone like Goldust and Stardust or New Day just to look strong. I'm not sure if The Ascension are faces or heels.

It's been that way for quite some time with Mizdow. The only time he ever gets in the ring is to end up throwing himself out if that's what happens to the Miz. Rarely does he get tagged in, and if he does, he's usually tagged out right away. He really spends most of the time wrestling an invisible opponent on the ring apron.

On topic with the Uso's now. They are a great tag team and exciting to watch, but for some reason I'm getting to the point where I can't stand the sight of them. No idea why, maybe it's because they've dominated the tag team division this year and I've just seen them too many times. Anyway, glad to t see The Ascension finally in the WWE. Their debut was poor, partially because of who they were against and the fact that the crowd was dead for them. Hopefully they will liven things up.

Seeing a more serious Usos makes me wonder how these guys would be as heels. Would anyone be interested in a Uso heel turn?

Ever since I saw Jimmy Uso slap the hell out of the Miz, I've wondered about this too. Another thing I've noticed that interests me is the booked weight of Jimmy Uso. He's booked at 251 pounds, yet he and Jey (at 228) are the highest flyers in the WWE.

Here's another question to answer your question. What if Jimmy turned heel against Jey? They could even use their weight difference as part of the story. Jey could play the "I'm the bigger stronger one" card and they could potentially have some great battles.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but I think there's a reason these two have such a difference in booked weight despite being twins.

I like the Uso's and they are the only tag team right now that deserves the Titles. The Ascension and New Day are not ready yet. The Dust Brothers time is done for now. Los Matadores and Cesaro and Kid NO. Miz and Mizdow is finished so you do what is best for now like Vince did with John and the World Title.

I might be in the minority, but the Usos are boring and corny. Miz and Mizdow should have kept the belts a little longer as they are at least getting reactions from the crowd. The Usos are going cold in that aspect. The novelty has worn off of that really generic gimmick, the haka and the awful entrance theme.

One thing I'd like to know: is it now mandatory for every Islander in the business to get the same tattoos now? It worked for Uncle Rock, I guess, but both Usos and Roman combined like Voltron don't have half the all-around talent he does. It's really cookie-cutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back