NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
True Justin, the Dallas/Vancouver series has been ridiculous. But I'm a Dallas fan after being a Habs fan so I gotta root for my Starts and Mary Turco. It's completely ridiculous that he has 3 shutouts these playoffs already... and never had one in the playoffs before this year.

So I hope Dallas wins tonight. But I'll wait until the West is set before making my predictions.

here's to a great game 7 tonight!!!

Detroit All The Way Baby!!!!

Round 1 Det in 6, Ana in 6, Dal in 7, San in 6, Buf in 5, Devils sweep, ATL in 6, OTT in 6. K i know that im posting this in round 2 but this was my predictions for round 1, nailed 2, screwed up on 2 and was close on the rest.

Round 2 Det in 7, Ana in 7, Buf in 6, OTT in 6

Round 3 det in 7, Buf in 6

Finals Det in 7

Shit i totally forgot about posting for the second round, lol. Oh well, I'll post my picks now, even though they're a couple days late:

Sabres vs. Rangers
So far it's looking like it's the Sabres all the way, which sucks because I think New York deserves a little better. Either way I'll stick by my original prediction. I think Buffalo cruises to another victory.
Prediction: Sabres in 5

Devils vs. Senators

Marty Brodeur got lit up on Thursday, but I don't think it's going to happen tonight again or ever in this series. This one's a tough one for me, because I kind of want the Devils to get through to the finals, but I'm a Canadian boy and kind of a fan of the Senators when I don't have the Habs to root for. So I'm going to say that my Sens squeak by in this one to get through to the Conference finals.
Prediction: Senators in 6

-------

Red Wings vs. Sharks

Gotta go with my wings. Today was the type of game you're on the edge of your seat for (unfortunately I missed it... stupid work), and I think this continues for the rest of the series.
Prediction: Wings in 7

Ducks vs. Canucks

Bobby Lou is tired from playing Dallas! That and the Canucks can't score most of the time.. I don't know why but I can't stand the Canucks, but I like a lot of their players individually. Nevertheless, I like the ducks in this one.
Prediction: Ducks in 5

Sabers vs Rangers
Sabers take it in a sweep

Devils vs Senators

Sens in game 6

Sharks vs Wings

sharks take it Game 7

Knuckleheads vs Ducks

nucks' will wil in game 6

At the beggining of the season i picked Buffalo and San Jose as my cup finalists, im still sticking to my prediction. The problem is that every one of these teams is good and its really tough to see who will come out on top. In the West final it will be Ducks/Sharks and the East will be Sabres/Sens. Anaheim is so fast up front that its tough to contain them, not to mention Pronger and Niedermayer on the defence and Giguere and Bryzgalov in net. The Sharks have the most talent on their team, they dont have a big name defense ( remember last years hurricanes) but they are tough enough and they have a solid goalie in Nabokov. Buffalo is crazy but they havent scored a ton of goals yet which may be their eventual downfall but dont count them out, they werent the best team in the league for nothing. The Sens have always been close in years past, but again they need more scoring power in order to beat the sabres. My personal rule is that the team with the most talent wins the Stanley Cup. Therefore my pick to win the cup is the San Jose Sharks. Let the debates begin people.

I'm going to have to disagree with you, I'd be really surprised if the Sharks make it through this series with the Wings. I hope they don't because I'm a Wings fan, but hear me out. Sure they have a lot of talent, but they're horribly inexperienced.

They have 1 (count em, one) person on their team who's won a Stanley Cup, and he's a rental. They're top player is a playoff chocker, their top defensemen (Rivet and Hannan) haven't really done much in their careers and the rest of their line-up is waayyy too young to win a series against the Wings. They just don't have the experience to cut it in my books.

Rangers are looking good tonight, and I can't wait to see the Ducks trounce the Nucks later on.

Does anyone play Quest for the Cup on here?

Rangers win to tie up the series, god Shanny is the hero yet again, I wish he was still with Detroit though, and no I don't play Quest for the Cup

Does anyone else think that these are the best playoffs we've seen in years, if not ever, almost every single game has been down to the wire, and there has only been one sweep, and that was NYR/Atl, which I don't think anyone really cared about anyway, but danm, look at all the great games that have gone to OT, every team truly deserves to advance, and there really hasn't been any bullshit calls for the most part, who ever ends up winning the cup this year will truley have earned it, and I hope that final series goes 7 games

It has been a good playoffs but how about my Ducks they look great as they are now 8-2 in the playoffs. The ducks are the team to beat in the West

yes, Amazing playoffs so far, I'm incredibly happy with them, and my Wings just won! You gotta love it when your three top offensive forwards step it up and really deliver. Pavel Datsuk and Zetterberg both had 1 goal and two assists, with pavs scoring the winner, and Tomas Holmstrom has a goal and an assist, I love those three guys!!

And as for the Ducks, I'm really afraid for my Wings WHEN they make it to the conference finals and play those damn Ducks! Marchant should be ready to go, which scares the hell out of me, especially with Schneider possibly out with a broken hand!

Looking forward to watching the sens knock off the devils tonight. I'm about 90% sure that Brodeur is injured though.

well it looks like we officially have our Eastern Conference final, Buffalo vs. Ottawa, and since I hate the Sabres I gotta go for the Sens in this one plus they were the team I picked to win it in the Eastern Conf. anyway, I also a big fan of Dany Heatly, and I think that this should be one hell of a series, so my official prediction for this one is Ottawa in seven games

hopefully Detroit wins tomarrow and then they won't have to play a game seven on Wed. then I can go see Sipdey 3, and they can get some mutch needed rest before taking on the Ducks, who look danm near unstoppable right now, I could really see those danm Ducks in the finals, but as long as my Wings are still alive then I gotta pull for them

Im making My prediction right here and Now. Sabres will win Lord Stanley's Cup in 7 games. Probably against the Ducks. But I can't wait for them because it guarantees that I will see them on TV in New Zealand, we don't get much Ice Hockey on TV here except for the Stanley Cup finals so I am really looking forward to them this year.

anyone else watching the Wings/Sharks game right now, my wings are up 2-0, and 7 mins. from the western conf. finals!!!

and it's offical, Wings win!!!!!!!!!!
Now they move on to face the Ducks in the Western Conf. Fianls, Myprediction is for my Wings to take the series in seven games, the Ducks are danm good and I wouldn't be surprised if the win the series but as long as the Wings are still alive I gotyta pick'em

so that means my prediction for what the Stanley Cup Finals will be is Detroit vs. Ottawa, that would be a pretty good stanley cup final IMO, hope it happens

Where is Prax as the Conference finals are starting soon??

Western Conference Finals
Anahiem Ducks vs Detroit Red Wings
You have to admit this is the one playoff matchup that in the west everyone has been waiting for..well i know i have. Now your talking about a series that will go all 7 as though i just think the Ducks defense is much more better that the Red Wings and the Ducks have the hottest goaltending going in the playoffs as they are 8-2. Now I know Detrot can play with the best just i think the Ducks will be too much for them on both sides if the ice and i predict Ducks will win the shots on goal and faceoffs won.

I say DUCKS IN 7

( Hey Prax you wanna do a vBookie for this western final or wait till the Stanley cup finals? its Ducks 21/20 and Wings is 4/5)

I almost forgot, lol.

Yeah I'll wait til the SCFs to make a vbookie, I would've made two for this round but it's like 2 or 3 hours til the ECFs start which isn't enough time, lol. So we'll make one in two weeks.

as for my predictions, here we go...

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL
(1) Buffalo Sabres vs. (4) Ottawa Senators

Ok I think these are the best possible ECFs we could've ever imagines. Could you honestly think of a better match-up? I don't think so. These teams have a rivalry, hell we even saw a line-brawl between these two teams earlier in the season! And a goalie fight! Unfortunately one of those goalies got trades and we won't see him, but it's still going to be a ridiculous series. Picking a winner is extremely difficult. Most people are picking the Sabres for a couple of reasons.

Their depth, obviously. Their farm team is one of the best in the entire league, and they just got knocked off (by my Hamilton Bulldogs, thank you very much), so they have those reinforcements in case of injury. Also their goalie is more proven, but Emery is no joke, he just has had an easier load during these playoffs... which might work to Emery's advantage.

But I like Ottawa's offense much more, that first line is ridiculous, and the rest of their forwards provide enough secondary scoring to complete the team. Don't get me wrong, Buffalo is just ridiculous up front, but I think, based on expectations, some of their forwards have underperformed these playoffs. Afinogenov has been benched one game, which is ridiculous. Briere needs to step it up. Pominville, I could be wrong, has been fairly invisible. If they can't outperform Alfy, Spezza and Dany, they're screwed, especially considering Ottawa's defense is much better, imo.

But I'm gonna go against most people cause I wanna see a canadian team in the final for a third year in a row. Also if Ottawa wins and my Wings win my Wings get home ice advantage in the finals ;)

Prediction: Ottawa in 7

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
(1) Detroit Red Wings vs. (2) Anaheim Ducks

I'm truly afraid for my wings... I know they can beat the ducks, they match up fairly well. Dominator can certainly outperform Giggy, the forwards are fairly equal and Lidstrom has been the best defenseman in the league this year, regular season and playoffs. Granted Pronger is a close second and Neidermayer's a close third, lol. With Schneider out though... it's gonna be tough. People don't believe Chelios can keep it up but that guy's a horse, 45 years old and logging 25 minnutes of ice time a game. In the WCFs he'll be even more dangerous, but very underrated. Watch out for him tomorrow night. The other thing I'm afraid of is that Zetterberg and Datsuk will fall asleep. If that happens or if Holmstrom or Samuelsson get injured again, we're screwed.

It's going to be another tough one, but I think the week and a half the ducks had off will do more damage than good. The Wings are hot and they'll keep it up, I know they will.

Prediction: Wings in 6.

Enjoy these series folks, I don't think they've been as good for several years now.

Wow what a western conference final so far as the Ducks and Wings look like this will be one of those tough grind it out series with lost of physical play and overtime game winning goals. I swear its series like this that make you love Playoff hockey as each team is very evenly balanced and one mistake by the goalie can change the outcome quickly. I can not wait till game 3 as i have feeling as who ever wins game 3 will win the series as so far both teams are trying to one up the other.

Well I'm pissed, lol, the Wings definitely deserved to win last night... 2 goals from video review... ugh... and the second one was bogus, it shouldn't have been a goal, hasek was pushed into his net.

The overtime goal was just ugly, as was the one Ottawa scored on Saturday (I hate knuckleballs)... but I'm glad ottawa won and Buffalo will get shut up.

Here's to a wings victory tomorrow night.

Damnit, I was hoping the Sens would sweep the Sabres. God do I hate them. Especially their fans. I swear to god the most obnoxious people in th universe are Sabres fans.

But my Wings ransacked the Ducks last night, that made me extremely happy as well :). I know one Ducks fan (and there aren't a lot of them), and he's almost as obnoxious as Sabres fans, so it was nice to be able to laugh in his face.

Also Pronger got suspended :)

You have admit that they game between the Ducks and Red Wings yesterday was a good game. Though I'm glad my Ducks won as even if they lose this series i still like to see it go seven as it has great potential for one of the best series in the playoffs so far.

But last night the Ducks just had their game on, though they drive me crazy as they need to learn to control their selves as they always have to retaliate and it cost them all the time with penalties and a suspension. I swear if that can learn to control their selves they can win the Lord Stanley's cup but if they don't Detroit will win this series and the cup.

You have admit that they game between the Ducks and Red Wings yesterday was a good game. Though I'm glad my Ducks won as even if they lose this series i still like to see it go seven as it has great potential for one of the best series in the playoffs so far.

But last night the Ducks just had their game on, though they drive me crazy as they need to learn to control their selves as they always have to retaliate and it cost them all the time with penalties and a suspension. I swear if that can learn to control their selves they can win the Lord Stanley's cup but if they don't Detroit will win this series and the cup.

Actuelly the Ducks did a pretty good job of controling themselves in the first two rounds, though now that they are this close and playing a team that is as good as they are they seem to getting frustrated, and as a Wings fan that makes me happy, and for the record, I think that Pronger should have gotten at least a 3 game suspension for that bullshit hit on Holmstrom, that was cheap, I relize that this is crunch time but to go out and intenionally try to injure a player, that's just not cool, fortunatlly Holmstrom is a true playoff hockey player and was able to step up and still play, now moving on, with the way this series is going it is definetlly going to go seven games, detroit wins game one, Anaheim wins game two, Detroit dominates in game three, and then last night Anaheim wins to even the series, so if things keep going the way they are going Detroit should win game five, and then Anaheim will even the series up again in game six, and finally Detoirt will take the series in game seven, I'm hopeing that Ottawa wins tomarrow, so that I don't have to hear anymore crap about how good Sabres are, they suck, hence the reason they lost the first three games of that series, Buffalo is always going to be one of those teams that always blows it when ever they come close to the Big One

Ok here we go... could possibly be the last game of the season for the Wings tonight, but I dunno, this series has been all over the place.

The Sens must be grinning ear to ear right now watching this.

Wings better win, I can'ty stand to see teams from the southern part of the states in the Stanley cup finals, I like seeing teams that are in actual Hockey towns in the finals, those Danm Ducks just got lucky in game 5, now it's crunch time, and I think that the slightly more disciplined Wings will come out on top and force a game 7

God Danm Ducks!!!, this sucks, but you gotta give credit to the Wings they almost came back to force OT, if only they had a little more time, I kinda hope they dump Hasek in the off season I don't like the guy and he makes me nervous as hell everytime he's in net, he has a tendancy to wander away from the crease, I like Osgood and think that he could win us a cup, and I don't get nervous with him back there, he doesn't wander as much

Well, now that the Wings have been eliminated and the Stanley Cup finals is set I geuss now we can make predictions, so here's mine, Ottawa wins in 6 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back