New Gimmick matches.

"RAVEN"

Dark Match Winner
I was thinking about how WWE comes up with a new gimmick match every couple years i.e. Elimination Chamber, Money In The Bank, and The Punjabi Prison match. So I started thinking of my own gimmick match. I call it a Death Row match. Basically it's a steel cage, but without a door to go through. There are no pinfalls or submissions, and the only way to win is to climb over the cage. The catch is that the top of the cage is barb-wired. I assume that this match would be deemed too "extreme" to happen, but I think it would be an entertaining match. What do you think of this, or do you have any ideas of your own?

so pretty much a barbed wire cage match with no door. it's not really new...i mean they've had cage matches with a barbed wire cage and tna have doomsday chamber of blood which is sort of that idea but no escaping.

out of wwe's ideas the elimination chamber is probably the best. i mean, MITB is a glorified ladder match and i think the punjabi prison is too confusing to work well, while EC works quite well.

i'd like to see them bring back matches such as gauntlets though, or lion's den match so there's less room to move about

Agreed. The cage match is a pretty good idea but there's too much like it already. It could work very well in an indy company though. I could see CZW pull something like this off pretty well. I like the idea of bringing back the gauntlet match, also the blue steel cage or, and i know this won't come back, war games. It's such a great match when done right, but you need at least one good faction to pull this off.

I think they've have done that before... didn't JBL get choke-slammed through the ring and crawled out for the win.

Anyway, my idea is an Elimination Chamber - Ladder Match

Rules: 4 people start in the pods with a ladder each, and two start the match. The title, briefcase, or whatever is hanging from the center of the roof of the chamber. If you're pinned or submit, you are eliminated, just like before. The difference here is that once the final person has been released, you can go for the belt. At that point, it is just like any other ladder match, except that it is in the chamber, and you can be eliminated from the match. If you get down to only two people left, there are no more eliminations.

Thoughts?

I thought up a few a while back, both ways to creatively end people's careers.

1. All or Nothing Triple Threat. 3 men in the ring in a Triple Threat Rules Match. The winner of the fall gets a shot at the heavyweight title, the loser of the fall is forced to retire, and the man not involved in the fall walks away. It's a neat dynamic, because everytime "Wrestler A" breaks up a pin fall attempt by "Wrestler B" on "Wrestler C", he saves his chance at the title shot but also keeps alive the risk of losing his career. I envisioned Flair, Michaels, and Foley in the first match of it's kind.

For Whom the Bell Tolls Ladder Match. A normal ladder match, only suspended from the ceiling is a ring bell. The object of the match is to climb the ladder and ring the bell to win and essentially "toll the bell" on your opponent's career.

i was thinking about a cage match with fire on the top.kind of like a inferno match.i also would like to see a boiler roon brawl. I think this would make a perfect judgement Day mainevent. Undertaker vs Bigshow

I had an idea for gimmick match a long time ago but I figured it was to dangerous to ever be implemented.

DEATH DROP MATCH

The match takes place 50 feet in the air on top of a steel tower. There are steel railings around it instead of ropes and the floor is steel similar to the floor of the elimination chamber. In the center of the floor is a large square shaft covered by a steel door(obviously strong enough to sustain slams onto it). The object of the match would be to open the door and through your opponent down the whole to their "doom"(this would probably be a career ending match or an Undertaker involved match unless they add something to break their falls making it seem like anyone can be involved in it). The door would open automatically when a fall occurs. The door will stay open indefinitely so even if a person makes a fall they can still lose.

I think it is a good idea for a match and original too. It might just be too dangerous to attempt though.

i like the all or nothing idea as i could actually see it happening. the inferno cage wouldnt involve much as i wouldnt personally climb a cage. the electric cage sounded good for tna and flopped

tag team bull rope match with the partners being across from one another so they have an opponent on either side. Creates tons of spots as well as an interesting tag team dynamic, i think with the right teams it could be a lot of fun to watch. Also a four corners match like this would have so much to it

Briefcase Ladder Match

Basically it's a ladder match. It can many contestants, or as little as two. Sp basically there a three briefcases hanging from the roof of the arena. One fo them carries a title, the other one carries a paper that states "the wrestler who opens this is fired", and and empty briefcase. This match is a good way to end someones career, and also very interesting.

Briefcase Ladder Match

Basically it's a ladder match. It can many contestants, or as little as two. Sp basically there a three briefcases hanging from the roof of the arena. One fo them carries a title, the other one carries a paper that states "the wrestler who opens this is fired", and and empty briefcase. This match is a good way to end someones career, and also very interesting.

So bassically feast or fired only with ladders intsead of poles...

I thought the elimination chamber ladder match has been the best idea so far. I could see 2 guys fighting on the ladder trying to reach the title while one climbs the chamber itself to pull it down without his opponents noticin till just before its to late...

Cool concept that works off 2 of the most popular WWE matches, well done dude!

1. All or Nothing Triple Threat. 3 men in the ring in a Triple Threat Rules Match. The winner of the fall gets a shot at the heavyweight title, the loser of the fall is forced to retire, and the man not involved in the fall walks away. It's a neat dynamic, because everytime "Wrestler A" breaks up a pin fall attempt by "Wrestler B" on "Wrestler C", he saves his chance at the title shot but also keeps alive the risk of losing his career. I envisioned Flair, Michaels, and Foley in the first match of it's kind.

I had a similar idea, except it would deal with qualifying for the Rumble. Get one wrestler from each brand (Raw, Smackdown, ECW) and have them face off in a triple threat match. The winner of the match gets to enter the Rumble at the 30 spot. The person who is pinned has to enter the Rumble in the number one spot. And the non-factor in the match gets placed at 15 in the Rumble. It would add a nice, new dynamic to things, but would also take away that unpredictability that comes with every Rumble.

Still, I think that couldbe a nice new twist on things.

3 stages of hell elimination match.(title match) 4 competetors start off in a street fight with the person that was pinned eliminated. next match is a cage match where the 1st person out the cage must climb over the top to quilify and the last two having to pin one or the other to get into the final round where the 1st person out has the advantage of a rest. the final match between the two remaining fight off for the title, would be better if it was a vacated title as it wont be ovb that the holder will be one of the last 2. this match is a ladder match. first person to climb the ladder wins the match and the title :p

We saw the Stairway to Hell ladder match in ECW, but this could be a new twist on it. Instead of hanging the barbed wire as the prize, they could wrap the barbed wire at the top of the ladder, and hang the belts/briefcase/prize. This could be a brutal match used either in TNA or at WWE's One Night Stand.

3 stages of hell elimination match.(title match) 4 competetors start off in a street fight with the person that was pinned eliminated. next match is a cage match where the 1st person out the cage must climb over the top to quilify and the last two having to pin one or the other to get into the final round where the 1st person out has the advantage of a rest. the final match between the two remaining fight off for the title, would be better if it was a vacated title as it wont be ovb that the holder will be one of the last 2. this match is a ladder match. first person to climb the ladder wins the match and the title :p

I like that idea, and it's a good way to put a few feuds in one match. For example if the four men in the match are HHH, HBK, Cena, and Orton. HHH, and Cena are in a feud, and HBK and Orton are in a feud. If you put them all together it would be interesting as through out all the stages they would be targeting their enemies. For example the heel of the both feuds team up against the faces. Again, this is a good idea, and I'm sure it would make an interesting match. It all depends on the gimmick matches used.

cage match. title hangs above the ring. put a trigger of some sort on the very top of each corner of the cage. maybe something that looks like a detonator. gray remote with a big red button. 1 of them triggers the release of the belt, the other 3 do something else. maybe an explosion in that corner? when the belt finally drops into the ring, you must climb outside of the cage with it to win. it would make for lots of cool moments every time a bad trigger is hit, the scramble when the belt falls, 2 guys on top of the cage pulling at the belt, trying to hit the other back inside, or a last minute steal of some kind

OK Hear are 3 of my ideas. Not gonna say to many dnt wanna get ripped off ;).

First a REAL barbed wire cage. the only steel is a few poles and the each cage wall is made up of only barbed wire.

Second a final sinn match

- It is a Barbed Wire Cage but the ropes will also be barbed wire. There will be a Barbed Wire board in a corner with C-4 rigged on it, and the only way to win is to get your opponents to say "I quit". There actually 3 boards two with C-4 and the others with light tubes. Pretty cool match.

And finnal I will revile is a GLass House Match. Pretty much a STRONG cage on the outside and on the inside of the ring area is glass walls :)

Last Man Standing Hell in A Cell Elimination Match (with ladders)
6 men battle it out but once everyone exept 2 people are elminated they should have to climb a ladder at the top of the cell and get the title probably a once in a lifetime match
and a possibly great match if i was good at describing things

The problem with doing any of these cage matches in WWE is that most wrestlers dont really use the cage as a weapon.....if they could do it like old school cage matches then we would be talking.

HE WHO BLEEDS - LEAVES

Basically its a First Blood match with a twist, the person who bleeds first will be forced to leave the brand or organisation, i think its a good way to get rid of the wrestles who dont seem to cut it.

Although part of my match already exist i feel the title i have given the match has a good ring to it.

athens triathlon: another 3 stages of hell style match except it is 10 min iron man matches styles . 2 competators start off in a simple 10 min iron man match with falls given for submisson, count out, pinfall or dq. when the bell rings after 10 mins
the next match will start and its a steel cage where the wrestler who won the most falls in the 1st match must not try to escape or pin his oponent but simply survive the 10 mins of the match, the other wrestler must escape the cage within 10 mins to get into the final match or loses the match. if both men have won a match the final match goes to a no time limit last man standing match. in the event of a draw in the 1st round a wrestler can win the entire match by escape of the cage. if neither wrestler can beat his opponent in a match the match will continue as normal and the winner will be the wrestler who wins the last man standing match.

FINISHED OFF -1 vs 1: a match in which has no dq, there will be every kind of weapon to use under the ring. to win this match, a superstar has to use his opponent's primary finishing move against them. The finisher has to be exactly like how the opponent does it

Hell's Pit - Looks like an Elimination Chamber except the cage is made out of barb wire and there are no pods instead the pods are replaced by laddders. The match starts off with every competitor and there is 8 competitors. There are weapons every where ranging from shopping carts to light tubes. To win every competitor must be bleeding and you must get a ladder and climb to the top of the cage and grab the belt.

What ever happen to the triple cage put like sixs guys in the wwe would have to use this cause i don't think tna can in a small arena. put both the world and wwe title on the and in the match triple h, undertaker, batista, jeff hardy, john cena, and kane. it would be like that survivor series hell in a cell but the belts would hang from the top and who get up there and get them wins both

Championship Gauntlet - Every wrestler that has a title is on the same team (ie, right now, you'd have Randy Orton as the team leader, Edge, Chavo, Jericho, MVP, John Morrison, Miz, Cody Rhodes, and Hardcore Holly as one team) versus every other person in the WWE. If at any time, any of the champions get pinned by or submit to anybody that does not have a title, they automatically lose that title to that person, and that wrestler picks up where they left off. This is an elimination contest, much like Survivor Series, except the champions team never loses a member, they just get replaced. For instance, say you started out with the team of the 9 champions against the first 9 competitors (let's just say, HBK, HHH, Cena, Undertaker, Umaga, CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Kane, and Kennedy)...now, Kennedy pins Cody Rhodes. Suddenly, Kennedy is one half of the tag team champions with Hardcore Holly, and someone else (let's just say Shannon Moore) is called up next to replace Kennedy's spot. Kennedy replaces Rhodes. Rhodes is out of the match. Now, if Moore pins Kennedy, he is now half of the tag team champions with Holly, but if Moore is pinned by, say, Edge, then he's eliminated. This gives you the opportunity to switch titles multiple times during a match as well as have your own teammates screw you over. Morrison could force The Miz to drop his half of the championship to someone he'd rather have as a partner. Orton can screw Jericho out of his IC title and give it to a friend of his. Once everybody has been eliminated out of the challengers bucket, those who were able to successfully defend their titles (even if they just won the belt on the final pinfall of the match) walk out as the champions. If you're a former champ and you were pinned, you're not thrown into the list of challengers, because then the match would never end lol. The killer with this match is that it would have to take up the entire ppv or be spread out in a team tournament fashion over a few weeks. And, naturally, the women's title couldn't be involved, as you can't have the men pinning the women and so forth.

Note: A byproduct of this could happen, instead. At Vengeance: Night of Champions, where every belt is defended, they could do it so every title defense is a gauntlet in itself. For instance, Rhodes/Holly and Morrison/Miz defend their tag team titles against every tag team that wants to enter. Everyone has the opportunity to sign up to challenge Jericho or MVP for their midcard titles (so say, Kendrick and London want to be tag team champions, and they want to defeat Holly and Rhodes for theirs, they sign up for that one, and Festus wants to beat MVP for the US title, he signs up for that, etc). Naturally, you'd space it out so it makes sense. You wouldn't want Super Crazy challenging for the WWE title as he'd have no shot, but he could sign up for a tag title with someone like Funaki to spread out the match a little. That way, all of the champions prove whether or not they seriously deserve to be at the top of the mountain...that they're truly better than the rest of their competitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back