• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New DVD Ideas

The Brain

King Of The Ring
I recently heard there is a Rise and Fall of WCW dvd coming out. I am looking forward to seeing this. Of course I expect some McMahon revisionist history here, but I still think it will be entertaining. This got me to thinking what dvd ideas I could come up with that WWE hasn't done yet.

One idea I had is a dvd about all the WWE talk segments over the years. I see this as a two disc set done like the greatest managers dvd. There have been a lot over the years from Piper's Pit to Brother Love to the Funeral Parlor to the King's Court and many many more. Each one could get a few minutes highlighing some of their most memorable segments. WWE is still on good terms with the majority of these hosts (Piper, HBK, Lawler, Jake, etc., etc.) so they can be apart of it and talk about their memories. The special features can be some of the segments in their entirety like Shawn throwing Marty through the barber shop window and Andre challenging Hulk on Piper's Pit. These segments used to be a big part of the show and I think it would be fun to revisit some of them.

Another fun idea is a worst gimmicks dvd. This would be another two disc set similar to the managers dvd. We can relive some horrible ideas like the Red Rooster, Max Moon, Outback Jack, Rocco, etc., etc., etc. This could also include some of the most laughable storylines. For example Sting and Robocop, Sting and Davey Boy in the exploding boat, Sting and Vader in the White Castle of Fear, well pretty much anything Sting was involved in during the early 90's. Just some good old WWF fun.

Last I think it's time The Million Dollar Man got his own dvd. He has quite a history in wrestling. He's a second generation wrestler whose father passed away in the ring. I believe it was Harley Race who tried to revive him and Terry Funk who told Ted about the tragedy. The disc could go over Ted's early pre Million Dollar Man career and of course his WWF run. This was probably the greatest gimmick of the late 80's and I'm sure has an interesting story behind it. (I read his first book ten years ago so I know it's an intersting story). Also Ted could tell how he hit rock bottom and how finding religion saved his life. And of course it would be priceless (pun intended) to have some of those early Million Dollar Man segments on dvd. My favorite is the one where he offers a kid $500 to bounce a basketball 15 times, but kicks it away when the kid reaches 14.

Anyway, what do you think of these ideas? Would you buy these dvds? What other ideas do you have for some new releases?

I got an idea for a new show on Wednesday nights! WCW CLASSICS Hosted by WOOOO! RIC FLAIR! OR ERIC BISCHOFF. SHow an hour of wcw classic matches from the late 80's to the late 90's!

Those are all great ideas. How about the greatest and worst stables dvd or a dvd about the greatest divas WWE has had. I'm not sure if they have made that one but any chance to see Sunny in her prime is great. They could do the greatest wrestlers from Canada and Japan. The Hart Foundation DVD would kick ass also.

Personally I would like to see the WWE release a Randy Orton DVD. I think he's been around long enough and done enough decent stuff to have a DVD compiled for him...he and Cena have been around for roughly the same amount of time and Cena already has had 2 dedicated to him so, yeh I would like to see an Orton DVD at some point in the near future.

I would also like to see a long anticipated Sting DVD released by the WWE, one was meant to come out last year but it was cancelled...I think it is because Sting is still working for TNA. Maybe once he leaves TNA then I think we will see WWE release a Sting DVD set, I would certainly buy that one...

Out of all the superstars that havent gotten a 3 disc set no one deserves to have one better then Y2J Chris Jericho. I mean why the fuck didnt we get this 2 years ago? It could include great matches such Jericho facing, Guerrero, Mysterio, Pyschosis, Malenko, Too Cold, Benoit(i doubt it would have this on there), Rock HHH, Austin, Cena, and others. Another thing i've also wondered is why out of all the superstars that have had 3 disc sets, why in the fuck did HHH only get a 2 disc set. There were plenty of great matches they didnt include in his set. Same with Jake Roberts.

Personally I would like to see the WWE release a Randy Orton DVD. I think he's been around long enough and done enough decent stuff to have a DVD compiled for him...he and Cena have been around for roughly the same amount of time and Cena already has had 2 dedicated to him so, yeh I would like to see an Orton DVD at some point in the near future.

I would also like to see a long anticipated Sting DVD released by the WWE, one was meant to come out last year but it was cancelled...I think it is because Sting is still working for TNA. Maybe once he leaves TNA then I think we will see WWE release a Sting DVD set, I would certainly buy that one...

Yea, I've been wanting an Orton DVD too, too bad for orton, they probably won't show the match that established his career. (Summerslam 04 with benoit)

I'm pretty sure they released the greatest managers a couple years back. I don't know, but I'd like to see a Chris Jericho DVD. They haven't released one as of yet. And with his 14 year career, he has had several good matches. Think of it, All the matches, Japan, ECW, WCW, WWF, WWE, he's had some of the best.

1. a detailed DVD of the Undertaker's career up to his return at SummerSlam 94. Can never get enough of his grey-glove days.
2. a sequel to the Roddy Piper DVD set since it omitted many WWE matches of him.
3. an 80s tag team DVD...so many good teams from the time...Demolition, Rougeaus, Bulldogs, Killer Bees, Hart Foundation, etc.
4. a DVD on the Dynamite Kid including his Japan days
5. a Bruno Sammartino DVD
AND, NO DVDs should contain matches from WrestleMania's, since they've been released already.

The WWE is running out of the classic guys, so they're going to have to move on to current guys soon. Triple H is inevitable, but peronally I would love to see an Undertaker or Jericho DVD. Ideally you should wait until they wreslters retire, but WWE will do anything to rake in some extra cash, so expect a DVD every few months.

I would like to see a tag team DVD. Not just ww(f)e, but wcw/nwa teams as well.
When I was a kid I thought tag wrestling was tops. I would love to see a 4 disc set, so many great teams. It should start with the 70's(disc 1) and work up until now(disc 4).

The Worst Gimmicks and Stables were topics on the WWE Legends of Wrestling roundtable, and both are EXTREMELY AWESOME. That show is one of the best things WWE has ever done, and they need to do more of them, AND put them on TV every month, as supposed to the WWE channel.

I would love WWE to release more DVDs like HBK's 2nd DVD set, where they do a 2 or 3 hour biographical piece on one disc, and have 2 discs with matches. A Million $ Man would be awesome, as would a HHH one, a Jericho 3-disc set, and a Stone Cold 3-disc set (one that doesn't suck).

Orton has not been around long enough to do a DVD yet, if you notice they want at least 10 years (Edge just got his last year). Plus 2/3 of his DVD would be HHH/Orton, and lord knows everybody here would bitch about that.

How about at the beginning of each year, they release a best of the previous year DVD, featuring the best and most exciting matches, segments, superstars, spots, debuts, and the like of the previous year. Kind of like how they do the Slammy Awards or how they show a best of RAW, SD show at the end of each year, only on a DVD. It could recap the most dominate superstars (so this year it would be Orton, Jericho, Edge?) and show the best matches and promos of the year. I think it would be a nice little concept to recap the past year while making some cash for the WWE.

What about a greatest Heels dvd containing matches and segments that made the great heels unique with 3 discs disc Disc 1 ECW/WCW greatest heels disc 2 Smackdowns greatest heels and Disc 3 RAWs greatest heels.

i would like to see a kane dvd
that guy is so unique yet treated like a piece of shit

and a

elimination chamber dvd
detailing history of elimination chamber

Yeah... Agree with most of your DVD Ideas. But would be really interesting to see a real Macho Man DVD.. not just his great matches, but the success in WWF/E (Whatever you want to call it) And his rise in the buisness, then the controversy that surrounds him and the WWE still to this day. Speaking of controversy... I doubt it will ever happen, but how about a DVD about guys like Sammartino, The Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior.. Make a DVD about The Controversial Moments in wrestling and the sides of the story of the people involved and caught up in the controversy, and not just Vince's and WWE's. I agree with another Undertaker DVD (Been a Fan ever since). Speaking of Controversy yet again... Anyone wanna see an Eric Bischoff DVD?

Oh Yeah, one thing i forgot to add... How bout' a History Of Hardcore DVD. We all remember the Hardcore Title VHS released late in the Attitude Era... WWE really gotta do this one... It would be Awesome reliving all the Hardcore matches and the Attitude Era.

what i think wwe should do with there dvd's is to start a whole new series of dvds called wwe rivalries were they take the best rivalries and give them there own dvd set. who here wouldnt pay for a dvd with every rock and austin match and promo cause i know i would and i mean that will bring in alot of money for the wwe cause i can think of 20 to 40 rivalries that could be put onto a dvd set. the first few should be hbk vs hart, hbk vs triple h, undertaker vs kane, stone cold vs the rock, undertaker vs stone cold, the rock vs hhh, stone cold vs hhh and i could go on forever and i just named ones from the late 90's early 00's theres atleast 20 rivalries before 95' plus the 20 after so i think out of all the ideas on here this is the one that could bring in alot of money

Well, I love the biographical DVD releases, but I personally enjoy complete DVD sets such as what they've done with the Royal Rumble, SummerSlam and of course WrestleMania PPVs.

I highly doubt WWE would EVER do this, but a full Starrcade set would be cool (though it's pretty clear that an "essential collection" is as close as it gets).

Another wrestling market that hasn't been tapped into (legally at least) are full seasons of WWF TV shows. Maybe the entire 1984 season of WWF Championship Wrestling. Or the 2003 season of Monday Night RAW. Sure it would be a lot of discs and yes, it would cost A LOT of money (no way that sets going out without an ungodly price tag), but I think it's a cool idea. It would be an amazing idea...if I knew it wasn't going to be heavily edited.

Or how about the entire run of Tuesday Night Titans? I would buy a 99 disc set...

Hi, I'm Mark.

Absolutely Y2J Chris Jericho should have his own dvd set, that would be phenomenal. He has had so many great matches and memorable promos he has wrestled for companies all around the world and had a very extensive career. He was and is my favorite wrestler so i would definitely love to see this. I also like the WWE Rivalries dvd idea. In terms of rivalry DVDs I would of course love to see Austin vs. The Rock, Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels, The Hardyz vs. Edge and Christian, Rock vs. Mankind, triple h vs. shawn Michaels . There are a great deal of possibilities. As for more modern rivalries we could get a Jericho vs. Michaels DVD and we would probably get a Triple H vs. Randy orton dvd....which would be extremely long...

I'd like to see a Chris Jericho DVD that highlights the begining of his career all the way down to the end of his career, and I mean the end! 'Coz I want to watch it after Jericho retires. It would be amazing, because Jericho still has another good 5 years left in him. LONG LIVE THE AHYATOLLAH OF ROCK 'N' ROLLA, THE SEXY BEAST, THE MAN OF 1,004 HOLDS, 'LION HEART' Y2J CHRIS JERICHO!

The problem with the new dvds they release is that its just matches people have seen, they is no bio thing and I think that was one of the main selling points. I didnt buy the Macho Man or Edge DVD for that reason. Most matches fans will already own so why just rehash the same stuff. The bio discs need to be done more like the Jake and HBK one.

I got an idea for a new show on Wednesday nights! WCW CLASSICS Hosted by WOOOO! RIC FLAIR! OR ERIC BISCHOFF. SHow an hour of wcw classic matches from the late 80's to the late 90's!

Dude this would be an awsome idea, and it would deffinitly earn more ratings than WWE superstars, ECW, or smackdown, if superstars is even still on, but what i would do is either split the show into two segments kinda like those kool old magazine two title magazines, to where from one cover to a middle page u have one magazine, and then flip it over and from there to the middle u have another, but it would be kool to dedicate 30m/1h to wcw and eric/rick, and then another 30m/1h to REAL ECW and dreamer/heyman

They should release DVD's showcasing diffrent rivalaries. Like Savage vs Steamboat, Flair vs Sting, Hogan vs Andre, Hogan vs Savage, Mr Perfect vs Bret Hart, Austin vs Hart, Hart vs HBK, Undertaker vs Kane, Austin vs Rock, Austin vs Mcmahon, Rock vs HHH, Austin vs HHH, HHH vs HBK, HBK vs Jericho. etc.
They could show every match the 2 man had ever had together and show how the footage of how the rivalry ever begin, and the all the promos the 2 men have ever cut on each other. I don't know about anyone else but i would def buy all of these and seeing how WWE loves money so much selling each of these puppies for 25 a set would earn them a shitload of cash

i'd like to c the best of RVD he's done it all and is the only ECW original to hold both the WWE and ECW championship

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back