**MERGED** WWE DVD Discussion & Review Thread (Keep it in here!)

What dvd concept is the best for the fans

• Best Of

• Anthology Volumes

• Create Your Own DVD through past shows and PPV's

• Keep it as is

Results are only viewable after voting.
The COC Blu-Ray was well put together. I have heard rumors from the digital department that Non-WWE Box Sets could be released anytime between 2013-2014 for just online. So maybe a GAB or Starrcade Set but also have heard the complete ECW PPV Box Set has been talked about. The early ideas of the 2013 DVD/Blu-Ray Schedule I think is one of WWE's best in years. Anyone can check that schedule at WWEDVDNews.com

Did the website say what month the Goldberg DVD is due out in 2013?

It doesn't mention anything about it on the site, so it may have been taken down. Also, anybody know when the Unreleased Bret Hart matches set comes out?

I will answer your questions and then offer a new dvd concept WWE could do and see what fans think about it. Goldberg DVD will be out around June and Bret Hart's new DVD will be out around March or April. Of course all future release dates can change much like the Million Dollar Man DVD that was suppose to be out last December but for whatever reason WWE scrapped the whole project.

WWE has control of over 10,000 hours of footage from various promotions mostly WCW. VKM has stated in numerous interviews in the last 18 months that he has no idea what archives are popular with fans of other promotions. WWE should create their own dvd archive site where the fans can custom build their own Blu-Ray/DVD. If some fans aren't sure what the archives might consist of show a 2-3 minute preview for each archive. For weekly shows you can have the show as one archive or break down the clips for multiple archives of each weekly show. WWE should let the fans decide what's popular if they aren't going to release box sets and stick with 'Best of" concept which is a cheesy way to release certain archives while holding on to other archives that fit that particular "Best Of" theme!

I imagine the Dibiase set was canned because he was a heel for all of his mainstream career (A great face in UWF, but that was only for a short time). Would be an odd release, I guess despite Ted having an amazing story to tell.

I just picked up the CM Punk dvd and wondered if anyone has any feedback on it. I am deep into collecting pay per views so I have a few other things to watch before Punk. Has anyone else seen it yet. Is it well done? What is the general consensus on it?

I just picked up the CM Punk dvd and wondered if anyone has any feedback on it. I am deep into collecting pay per views so I have a few other things to watch before Punk. Has anyone else seen it yet. Is it well done? What is the general consensus on it?

I finished watching the Punk DVD earlier today and I thought it was great. The WWE's approach to this DVD gave it a unique feel about it as WWE ultimately kept things simple. The documentary on the 1st disc was quite well done and I was surprised by how much emphasis WWE put on Punk's personal life and his time on the independent circuit. A lot of these documentaries WWE makes for these DVD compilations come across mostly as highlight reels to me. Not that that's a bad thing, but this was a unique approach as it actually felt more like a documentary with Punk detailing some pretty personal stuff about his life, his childhood, his frustrations with the business, etc. The WWE didn't try to shy away from the fact that Punk is someone that's something of an unlikely superstar. It was just a very authentic feeling documentary.

The matches included were a lot of fun. The matches tended, for the most part, to be matches that were milestone moments in Punk's career and/or were just simply incredible wrestling matches. The only real complaint I've got is that I wish they'd have another disc for a few more matches here and there.

I just found out today that WWE is going to release a DVD all about the NWO on Nov. 6. I'm going to pick up CM Punk DVD tonight, but I probably won't get to see it till the weekend. The 30 mins. I spend on this site is all I can squeeze in besides working and being a family guy.

Steer clear of the Rock Cena DVD. It is all of their tv appearance and all of those videos we saw 100 times. I think they should have waited several years to put it out. It was to fresh for me, and looked like they threw it together. I have been buying a lot of PPVs this year, and I did like the ECW dvd from this year, and they did Best of the Clash of Champions which was awesome. Other than that everything else was average. In Novemember we are getting a new NWO dvd and one called the Attitude Era. I have high hopes for those, and I hope I am not disappointed.

I figured that Cena/Rock DVD was all TV and Promo stuff. That's why I didn't bother with it. How was the Kofi Kingston DVD? Is it available at Bestbuy?

I figured that Cena/Rock DVD was all TV and Promo stuff. That's why I didn't bother with it. How was the Kofi Kingston DVD? Is it available at Bestbuy?

Kofi's dvd was so so. I believe it all lead up to him beating Ziggler for the IC title. These aren't the best dvds in general, but they only cost about 6 to 8 bucks and you get to see a small compilation of matches from a guy that normally wouldn't get a dvd.

I finished watching the Punk DVD earlier today and I thought it was great. The WWE's approach to this DVD gave it a unique feel about it as WWE ultimately kept things simple. The documentary on the 1st disc was quite well done and I was surprised by how much emphasis WWE put on Punk's personal life and his time on the independent circuit. A lot of these documentaries WWE makes for these DVD compilations come across mostly as highlight reels to me. Not that that's a bad thing, but this was a unique approach as it actually felt more like a documentary with Punk detailing some pretty personal stuff about his life, his childhood, his frustrations with the business, etc. The WWE didn't try to shy away from the fact that Punk is someone that's something of an unlikely superstar. It was just a very authentic feeling documentary.

The matches included were a lot of fun. The matches tended, for the most part, to be matches that were milestone moments in Punk's career and/or were just simply incredible wrestling matches. The only real complaint I've got is that I wish they'd have another disc for a few more matches here and there.

I just finished the documentary and I agree with you totally. I think it was one of the best docs on a WWE dvd in a long time. It definitely seemed real, and it really brought us into his personal life more than I thought it would. I am an avid collector of WWE dvds and this one was one of the better offerings this year.

I was pretty pleased with the CM Punk DVD. They did spend a good amount of time on his indy career,which I was suprised by. He was very open about his distain for The Miz being in the ME of Mania and about his spot on the roster, even from the beginning. Great DVD. He kind of reminds me of Shawn Michaels. Shawn was a bitter asshole who kept a chip on his shoulder and always felt he had to prove himself too. Glad to see his best friend Colt Cabana on the DVD as well...one of the best WWE DVD's in years...

Just finished CM Punk's Best In The World DVD, and I loved it. The documentary portion felt more raw and realistic than other WWE DVD sets. The in-depth look into Punk's life was very detailed, and Punk shared a lot of personal memories and stories from his childhood. They really emphasized the importance of Punk's ROH career, and you'll see actual footage from his matches with Joe and Colt Cabana. And I really enjoyed the footage from Punk's early days on the independent circuit. You really get a chance to see the early beginnings of his wrestling career, and his path to WWE is thoroughly detailed here. Also, they show the entire shoot promo in its entirety and uncensored.

Although, I was surprised to see Punk blatantly throw John Morrison under the bus. Obviously, Punk was dissatisfied with the WWEECW feud, and he blamed Morrison for the poor quality of their matches. It was an odd criticism for me, because I thoroughly enjoyed their feud and matches from WWEECW. Plus, Punk has some bitter feelings towards Miz for main eventing Wrestlemania 27. But for the most part, Miz has faded away into obscurity since then, so Punk might've dodged a bullet.

The match selection was excellent, easily one of the best I've ever seen on any WWE DVD set. I wish they could've squeezed in the Punk/Orton Last Man Standing match from Extreme Rules 2011. It was a fantastic match, but that match really doesn't fit with the other career-defining moments from Punk's selections.

Still, it's a great DVD set, and Best In The World is a real treat for any CM Punk fan.

Just finished the matches portion of the Punk DVD and I have to say this is the best WWE dvd in years. All of the matches were top notch, and like I said in a previous post, the doc was great. They should really stick to this model when making dvds as this one was head and shoulders above any other release this year. The next big one is NWO on November 6th and I hope they keep this trend going for that one because it has the potential to be really great or really bad.

Just finished the matches portion of the Punk DVD and I have to say this is the best WWE dvd in years. All of the matches were top notch, and like I said in a previous post, the doc was great. They should really stick to this model when making dvds as this one was head and shoulders above any other release this year. The next big one is NWO on November 6th and I hope they keep this trend going for that one because it has the potential to be really great or really bad.

Yeah, the matches were good. Great selection. I thought they should have put Punk's match from mania when he wrestled Rey Mysterio. That was a very underrated match, even though, it clocked in a little over 6 minutes. Overall, a great DVD, very open, but with Punk, it couldn't be any other way...

Yeah, the matches were good. Great selection. I thought they should have put Punk's match from mania when he wrestled Rey Mysterio. That was a very underrated match, even though, it clocked in a little over 6 minutes. Overall, a great DVD, very open, but with Punk, it couldn't be any other way...

Yeah I think I would have enjoyed that one more than the Rey match we got. I always wanted to see what would have happened if Rey was forced to join SES. I never liked the way that match turned out.

I like most enjoyed the CM Punk DVD and was surprised to see them use ROH footage. I have not watched any extras yet, but I though I saw a story about Punk going to the WWE warehouse and shooting some stuff there. Is this one of the extra bluray scenes?

Does anyone have any info on the new Brock Lesner collectors edition dvd coming out Tuesday? Is it an exact re release of his old dvd or did they add new matches to it? Are they matches from his prime or did they just add stuff from his current run? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Watched the top 50 greatest superstars DVD. It's awesome, has ideas put forward from today's superstars and has a lot effort put in.

Problems: They just asked people there favorite performers and just went along with what the majority said. They didn't base it on something specific like their wrestling, mic skills, look, charisma etc. I think they should have asked the fans some how too instead of the superstars. I don't think the rank was exact. Now I won't say who the #1 was to ruin it, he wasn't a bad choice, actually it was a great choice but I don't like how they based it.

As a whole, it was a great DVD, one of the best and I enjoyed it but I really dislike how they set the rankings. Did you like how they did it? How would you have ranked it?

Both the NWO and Lesnar DVD/Blu-Ray are re-releases with some exceptions. I believe the NWO might have a few additional matches from the Black and White DVD with a few extra interviews. Lesnar one only extra is the Cena match and thats it

Both the NWO and Lesnar DVD/Blu-Ray are re-releases with some exceptions. I believe the NWO might have a few additional matches from the Black and White DVD with a few extra interviews. Lesnar one only extra is the Cena match and thats it

Thanks a lot man, I am going to save my money then. I thought NWO was totally new. Not a big fan of the re release when I have both of the original ones.

I think the NWO has a few new stuff from the original dvd but nothing probably more than an hour's worth. I will buy it because I didn't get the oroginal dvd but the Lesnar DVD is a complete waste

I think the NWO has a few new stuff from the original dvd but nothing probably more than an hour's worth. I will buy it because I didn't get the oroginal dvd but the Lesnar DVD is a complete waste

The original NWO DVD is quite hard to come by. FOr an extra hours worth of footage I would by that just because I am a sucker for WWE DVD/BluRay, but the original Lesner was easy to find and it is only one or two disc. Not sure how they stretched it to a 3 disc with just one extra match. They could have done a lot more with it I think. Hell, if they would have included the HHH match also I may have bought it cause I have yet to see that match.

Well I went and looked at the Brock dvd and they actually did add alot compared to the old one. It has the original documentary, and they added a bunch of matches. Here is the complete match list.

Brock Lesner vs Leviathon OVW
Rico Constantino & Prototype vs The Minnesota Stretching Crew OVW
Jeff Hardy vs Brock Lesner Backlash 2002
RVD vs Lesner King of the ring finals 2002
RVD &Ric Flair vs Undertaker & Lesner Raw 2002
Hulk Hogan vs Brock Lesner Smackdown
The Rock Vs Brock Lesner summerslam 2002
Brock Lesner vs Randy Orton 2002
Brock Lesner vs Undertaker Unforgiven 2002
Undertaker vs Brock Lesner Hell in a Cell No Mercy 2002
Royal Rumble 2003
Brock Lesner vs Team Angle Smackdown 2003

Brock vs Kurt Angle Mania 19
Brock Lesner vs John Cena Backlash 2003
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesner Iron Man Match Smackdown 2003
Rey Mysterio vs Brock Lesner Smackdown 2003
Brock Lesner vs Big Show Smackdown 2003
Goldberg vs Brock Lesner Mania 20

The Extreme Rules match from this year must be a BluRay extra because I am not seeing it on the DVD. The dvd does have his return on it though./ All in all they did add a lot to it. There are only 5 or 6 matches on the original dvd.

Just picked up the NWO dvd, and it has expanded quite a bit as well from the original release. Here is the match listing with the first disc being the doc and has some special features including Hall and Nash's Nitro debuts.

Disc 2
The Outsiders vs. Macho man, Sting, and Lex Luger Bash at The Beach July 7, 1996

WCW World Title. The Giant vs. Hulk Hogan Hog Wild August 10th 1996

Tag team championship. The Outsiders vs. Harlem Heat Halloween Havoc oct 27 1996

Syxx vs. The Bounty Hunter Saturday night Nov 9, 1996

Tag Team Championship. The Outsides vs The Steiners Souled Out Jan 25, 1997

WCW World Championship Hulk Hogan vs. Roddy Piper SuperBrawl Feb 23, 1997

Hilk Hogan and Dennis Rodman vs. Lex Luger and The Giant Bash at the Beach July 13, 1997

Disc 3

Las Vegas Sudden Death Match DDP vs. Randy Savage Halloween Havoc Oct 26, 1997

WCW World Championship Sting vs. Hulk Hogan Nirto Dec 29, 1997

WCW World Championship Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage Nitro Apr 20, 1998

Sting vs. The Giant GAB June 14, 1998

Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff vs. Jay Leno and DDP Road Wild Aug 8, 1998

War Games Team WCW vs, Team Hollywood vs Team Wolfpack Fall Brawl Sept 13, 1998

WCW World Championship Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash Starrcade Dec 27, 1998

WCW World Championship Goldberg vs. Bret Hart Nitro Dec 20, 1999

Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall vs. The Rock and Steve Austin Raw March 11, 2002

Wondered if anyone has seen this yet and what you guys thought of it.

Hey all, I wanted to gauge the persectives of this forum to see if anyone else, namely those with a greater knowledge of recent WWE DVDs than myself, came to the conclusion I am entertaining.

I recently got my hands on the WWE DVD release "Undertaker: The Streak." While I enjoy the matches put on there, the documentary felt a little low quality. It was about 40 minutes long and included nothing interesting. Indeed, I am pretty sure the interviews put in were from previous years. No new revelations, no new interesting facts, no in depth analysis of the course the Streak took. Just a bunch of people talking about how exciting it was and how it compares to other records.

Then I read Mike Killiam's review of the latest NWO Revolution DVD. His description of that DVD set bore a strong resemblance to my conclusions about the Taker DVD set: an uninspired half-hour documentary and a ton of matches. It makes me wonder: is WWE not bothering with good quality DVD sets anymore? Are they just putting together old footage for their documentaries and then paddng the rest of the set with archived matches and then calling it a day?

While the doc was much longer, I do feel the same way about "the Rise and Fall of WCW" DVD release as I do the other two mentioned. Previous interviews, no new revelations, make people feel better by adding archived matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back