**MERGED** WWE DVD Discussion & Review Thread (Keep it in here!)

What dvd concept is the best for the fans

• Best Of

• Anthology Volumes

• Create Your Own DVD through past shows and PPV's

• Keep it as is

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Just a quick synopsis of the first disc of the Ric Flair and the Four Horseman DVD. I haven't had a chance to get to the extras yet, but damn, I"m impressed with this.

Get your revolvers out, because guys are shooting wild on this DVD. A very well done DVD by the WWE, actually acknowldeging the old NWA, Sting, and Jeff Jarrett to some extent.

So here are some cheap shots on the DVD that are quote worthy.

Jim Ross: "Ric Flair defended the NWA title everynight when that title was worth something" nice.

Ric Flair: "If Vince McMahon promoted the Four Horseman, Hogan would have been first on the card everynight, ya I said it."

Ric Flair: "Sting was our Warrior, except ten times better"

Ric Flair: " The Horseman were about pride, sportmanship and performance, the NWO was about money money and greed."

So many shots taken on this disc at people. We have Flair going off about Jim Herd, Eric Bischoff, Paul Roma.

Paul Roma shoots back which was great.

All of the Horseman go off on Sid. All in all, this was a damn good DVD. They didn't say one thing bad about Sting which amazed me with the WWE. I'm suprised at how much the fans hated Mongo inthe horseman, but how much Flair and Anderson loved having him in there. This is a very well done DVD. It goes into detail about every horseman and every big feud they had.

I give this a 9/10, simply because they couldn't get any thoughts from Ole Anderson, other then that, they got all of the originals. They keep the modern WWE guys limited to Steve Austin, HBK, and Triple H.

I recommend this DVD to any wrestling fan, especially those that voted in the Wrestlezone Tournament and didn't ahve a feel for the older guys, this will enlighten people on plenty of them.

Sounds good.

I spent the Easter weekend watching The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection, and spent yesterday reading the first 300 or so pages of his book, so this is definitely something I'd be interested in right now.

Thanks for the review.

Why is the Shockmaster happy today? WWE Ladder Matches on DVD that's why.
Now I haven't watched it yet, but this is what we have on the Disc. I'll give my thoughts before and after.

The Anticipation of this DVD has been good. Personally, Ladder matches deliver more for me then Steel Cage or Hell in the Cell. Last Man Standing matches used to be pretty good and deliver, but with the onslaught of Double Count-outs recently in those matches, they have stalled.

The DVD.
Stampede Wrestling for the North-American Championship
Jake Robers vs. Big Daddy Ritter (Junk Yard Dog)
July, 1979

IC title match
Bret the Hitman Hart vs. Shawn Michaels
July 21, 1992

IC title Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon
August 27, 1995

IC Title Match
Triple H vs. the Rock

T.I.T. Finals
Edge and Christian vs. the New Brood
October 17, 1999

TLC Match for the Tag titles
Dudley Boyz vs. Edge & Christian vs. the Hardy Boyz
August 27, 2000

Contract for the WCW C'Weight Championship
3 Count vs. Jung Dragons vs. Jamie Noble and Evan Karagias
December 17, 2000

IC Title Match
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

TLC II
Edge & Christian vs. the Dudley Boyz vs. the Hardy Boyz
April 1, 2001

TLC Match
Edge & Christian vs. Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit vs. the Hardy Boyz vs. the Dudley Boyz
May 24, 2001

IC Title Match
Christian vs. Edge
October 21, 2001

IC Title Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Rob Van Dam
May 27, 2002

Undisputed WWE Championship
Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy
July 1, 2002

TLC Match
Kane & the Hurricane vs. Rob Van Dam & Jeff Hardy vs Bubba and Spike Dudley vs. Chris Jericho & Christian
October 7, 2002

IC Title Match
Chris Jericho vs. Christian
September 12, 2004

First Ever Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Edge vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Christian vs. Kane
April 3, 2005

Custody of Dominick
Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio
August 21, 2005

Loser Leaves Raw
Edge vs. Matt Hardy
October 3, 2005

TLC for the WWE Championship
Edge vs. Ric Flair
January 16, 2006

TLC for the WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Edge
September 17, 2006

IC Title Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro
November 20, 2006

WWE Tag Team Championship
Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. MNM vs. the Hardys (There not Boyzzzz anymore) vs. William Regal and Dave Taylor
December 17, 2006

That is 22 full length matchups. That's worth the price of admission right there. By the end of the weekend I'll have a full review, but here are some obvious things that pop out.

Todd Grisham host the DVD, a big boo to that.

Surprised they aren't on it.
Michaels vs. Ramon: WM 10
Austin vs. the McMahons: Corporate Ladder Match
Angle vs. Benoit (2 out of 3 falls version)
The Rock vs. Mankind for the WWE Championship
Hardyz vs. Edge and Christian vs. the Dudleyz (Wrestlemania 2000)
Jeff Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam (Hardcore Championship)

Obviously you couldn't put all of them on there, and I realize, yes I'm starting Shit, The WWE was going to make sure that John Cena was on this release. That T.L.C. Match is over-hyped, and the Hardcore title match with Jeff and RVD was much better.

Final pre-viewing observation: Shawn Michaels was the innovator of the Ladder Match, but Edge is the master of it, he's all over this DVD. Edge is to Ladder match as Triple H is to Hell in the Cell.

Viewing time.

Disc One:
All I can say is, wow, this first disk has been amazing.

Jake the Snake versus Ritter from Stampede Wrestling was different to say the least. The Ladder is an old painters ladder that is used to get up to the scaffolding, where the belt is just lying. Considering this match was from the 1970's, it wasn't bad. No highspots, just using the ladder as a prop mostly.

Todd Grisham: I love how the WWE "Adopts" the idea of the ladder match from Stampede Wrestling, but if you watch anything with WCW or ECW, concepts were "Stolen".

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels: First of all, old School HBK with Sensational Sherri holding the mirror and singing his theme music is just bad ass. I'm probably in the minority, but I hardly see anything that either of them do that would make one the innovator of this thing. Both use the ladder minimally in this matchup. It's still a very entertaining match up though.

Shawn Michaels Interview: Not much here, just talked about how dangerous the Ladder match was. They recap WM 10 match with Razor Ramon.

Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon: I would love to see someone carry a ladder match 30 minutes. This is a damn good matchup, just as good as the Wrestlemania matchup. HBK screws the ending up and obviously is frustrated, but still solid nonetheless.

Todd Grisham/Shameless DX Plug, nothing much going on here.

Triple H vs. The Rock: This match was a true blessing in disguise. I think the funniest part is hearing all of the walkie talkies going off at ring side because the match is going too long. Thankfully The Rock and Triple H did this, because Austin's Broken Jaw in the Main Event slowed that match down. Damn good matchup again, solid DVD thus far.

Todd Grisham and Jeff Hardy: Nothing much in here. Pretty much Jeff goes over how he was intimidated by the ladder and how it helped put the Hardy's on the Match. Grisham calls it the greatest Tag Team Rivalry in WWE History, uhh, maybe in this decade I say.

Edge and Christian vs. the New Brood: This match is hilarious on commentary. I always loved how J.R. and the King couldn't tell which Hardy Boy was who. Both Call Jeff "Matt" at least a dozen times in this matchup, which by the end, they simply refer to each as "Hardy". Obviously this is a damn good match up, and a time when the Hardy Boyz were actually watchable.

Todd Grisham and Edge: Edge is the fucking man. This promo is great, and guess what, he talks up Christian and the WWE didn't edit it out, Kudos for that move, maybe there's a door open still. Edge says he and Christian are pretty much the true innovators of the ladder match, and I couldn't agree more. Recap of Wrestlemania 2000 Ladder Match.

TLC I:
Simply put, amazing match. Three teams and six guys in a ladder match usually spell disaster. This was second of these matches, but surpassed the first one. Everyone was able to hit their high spots. Jeff Hardy doing the Swanton on the outside was crazy. People flipping off of the top of the Ladder and to the outside through tables, what more could you want?

Gregory Helms Promo: Good interview with Helms, as he talks about, yes indeed, his 3 Count Days. Helms is so fucking good, it's a shame he'll never be anything in this business.

Starrcade: 3 Count vs. Karagias/Noble, vs the Jung Dragons
Holy Shit, this match was damn good, very damn good. I miss junior wrestling in the United States. WCW was a gem for lightweights, and it's a damn shame the WWE doesn't utilize this style of wrestling. We see a very Green Jamie Knoble in this matchup. The Jung Dragons are awesome as well. The end of the match has three ladder set up, and another used as a scaffold. Helms hits an insane Neckbreaker from the top in this one. Shannon Moore skins the cat into a Hurricanrana. 3 Count with the win. Guess what guys, I think I'm really pissed off now that Shannon Moore hasn't gotten a good push either. This match is a must see. 3 Count without Karagias is actually damn good.

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho: How could this match be bad. This match is just bad ass. Jericho with the flying toupai into the steel chair was just sick. The Bow and Arrow on top of the Ladder was insane too. God what a way to start off 2001. I miss my old WWE.

Disc One done, and I must say, maybe the best compilation DVD so far, and I'm only 1/3 of the way done.

Surprised they aren't on it.
Michaels vs. Ramon: WM 10
Austin vs. the McMahons: Corporate Ladder Match
Angle vs. Benoit (2 out of 3 falls version)
The Rock vs. Mankind for the WWE Championship
Hardyz vs. Edge and Christian vs. the Dudleyz (Wrestlemania 2000)
Jeff Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam (Hardcore Championship)

Obviously you couldn't put all of them on there, and I realize, yes I'm starting Shit, The WWE was going to make sure that John Cena was on this release. That T.L.C. Match is over-hyped, and the Hardcore title match with Jeff and RVD was much better.

Final pre-viewing observation: Shawn Michaels was the innovator of the Ladder Match, but Edge is the master of it, he's all over this DVD. Edge is to Ladder match as Triple H is to Hell in the Cell.

Viewing time.

They have to leave some matches for Vol. 2, though it is a bit surpriseing that they would leave off Austin vs. the McMahons corprate ladder match, McMahon is such an egotisitcal fuck that you would think that his match would be on there for sure, maybe he figures that this way people will buy the McMahon DVD so they can see that match

I plan on going out and picking this up today, I was going to get it Tuesday but Seinfeld Season 8 came out that day, and since we get a $25 card for Wal-Mart every month from work I opted to use it on Seinfeld rather than the Ladder Match DVD because Seinfeld was more expensive, but I got to go to Best Buy to buy some shit for my computer anyway so I just pick it up when I'm there, and you mentioned how HBK was the innovator of sthe ladder match but Edge was the master of it, how badass would it be to see a HBK vs. Edge ladder match, that's gotta be a dream match

Awesome, Awesome...I ordered the ladder dvd on ebay, can't wait keep this going I love reviews!

I may even review some I own later on if it's cool

Steve Austin, feel free to post reviews in here. I think any review would be good. i don't want this to be just a "Shockmaster Reviews...Insert Name" Thread. It's for everyone to do.

Disc 2 of Ladder Matches.
Todd Grisham on dangers of ladders. Hmm, big men, metal, and flying bodies, probably going to be pretty dangerous.

TLC II WM X-7
This match just got insane. So take the original six in the first TLC, and then add in outside interference from Spike, Lita and Rhino, and you get chaos. This is where I begin to lose faith in the Hardy Boyz. Almost everytime they are on top of the Ladder, it's a stop and pose moment, I hate that shit. Once is fine, any more then that, you are pushing it. Spot of the night, and maybe one of the top 5 best spots ever, Jeff Hardy dangling from the hook, only to get Speared by Edge from the top of the giant ladder, fucking amazing. Missed spot of the night, Jeff Hardy trying to walk across the top of three ladders, would have been bad ass if it worked.

Chris Benoit Interview: Benoit makes it out that TLC IV was the reason he was gone for a year, makes it sound dangerous and scary. It does suck though, him and Jericho had potential for a bad ass run.

TLC III, same teams, add Benoit and Jericho. Benoit is a fucking wrestling machine. He goes 3 falls with Angle on Sunday, runs a Tag Team Gauntlet match at the same pay per view, and then beats Triple H and Austin on Raw, only to wrestle in TLC III at the Smackdown taping on Tuesday night. Benoit=most underappreciated wrestler ever.

Onto the match. Pretty good match for a Smackdown show. Same spot from TLC II with Edge and Hardy, only this time, smaller ladders. Benoit sells a rib injury like no other. Pretty solid matchup with Benoit and Jericho winning.

Ladder Match: Christian vs. Edge
Well, what would you expect from two guys involved in 5 ladder matches together at this point. Awesome match that really started to launch these guys singles careers. Edge wins at the end, but not before delivering the best conchairto ever. Christian laid across the top of two ladders, and edge smashes his head with a chair. Christian pulls off maybe the best selling of a move ever by just going dead weight and letting his body contort while falling between the ladders, amazing selling.

Eddie Guerrero vs. RVD
Ha, the infamous fan interference matchup. Guerrero looks like popeye in this match with his forearms about to explode from steroid, errr, working out a lot. Both of these guys begin to utilize the ladder in different ways then before. RVD with the rolling thunder is always amazing. Nice Match, RVD with the win.

RAw: Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy
The Crowd was solidly behind Hardy in this match. Undertaker is damn good, but not in this match. You can tell he is completely uncomfortable on any rung of that ladder, hell, I don't think he climbs within two rungs of the top. Match ends with a chokeslam that didn't come off very well, an okay match.

TLC IV: Kane and Hurricane, Christian and Jericho, RVD and J. Hardy, Bubba and Spike Dudley.

I lose interest in this match. I'm pissed now after watching helms in the ladder match in 3 count being taken out of it before it even starts. Pretty bad TLC match, only designed to put Kane over. Again, two ladder matches in a row ending with a chokeslam from the top, blah.

Kane's Therapy. Bad promo with Kane. Ladder matches are his therapy, hmm interesting since he's only been in one.

Jericho vs. Christian
It's September of 2004, and Both of these guys are pretty well established. You can tell too. Both don't take any out of the ordinary risk in this match. It's a 20 minute plus match, with little danger involved. Nothing to exciting here.

onto disc 3...

Well I'm really enjoying it thus far...I used to do reviews all the time at some place as "Snitskymark" and I've bought a shit load of ppv's, I just may review soon!

Keep up the good work!

Disc 3:
Start off with an interview with Shelton Benjamin, yes, that Shelton Benjamin. He talks about how he stole the show at Wrestlemania 21, and who can argue that point.

First MITB Match
The Ladder match had started to grow stale the last few matches on the last DVD, this shot in a nice juice of much needed adrenaline. Kane in this match was an odd choice, but I dealt with it. Benjamin is just insanely good in this match. Him running up the ladder and nailing Jericho was one of the sickest spots I've seen. Benoit does a great job selling a shoulder injury, imagine that, a person selling an injury at Wrestlemania... Edge does a damn good job in his match and walks away.

Eddie vs. Rey for the Custody of Dominick.
Gag me now. This was a tasteless match to go a long with a tasteless storyline. Honestly, the shit of this storyline was only matched by the distasteful use of Eddie after he died. Anyways, a match that should have been great was filled with botch spots and bad moves. The best part of this match is when Vickie doesn't run out and you verbally hear Eddie go off on Where the Fuck was Vickie.

Edge is back with Grisham.
Pretty much its a recap of Hardy vs. Edge in 2005. Edge actually puts Hardy over, by saying he is probably the 2nd best with a ladder, I just puked in my mouth.

Loser Leaves Raw: Well this match wasn't bad for a Raw, but for being the culminating match with Edge and Hardy, I thought it under performed. I thought the ending was nice with Lita holding Hardy, and Edge waving bye bye to Matt as he grabbed the Briefcase.

Ric Flair on the TLC. Ric pretty much says he never understood hardcore wrestling, but was proud after this match, which he should have been.

Flair vs. Edge: TLC
The old man actually put on a pretty good match, all things considered. Well, he also has Edge to help guide him through this match. The hometown crowd popped big for Flair, but ultimately, Edge takes this leaving Flair in a pool of his own blood.

Grisham Talks to Cena about TLC: Yay for mandatory Cena entry. Almost to the end of Disc 3. Cena says its one of his greatest matchups, blah blah blah.

Cena vs. Edge TLC: This match has caused much ado about nothing. I never understood why it got great reviews, it's an average ladder match at best. This DVD is loaded with great Ladder matches, and by the time you get to this one, you see how non amazing it is. It's a slow paced, Edge dragging Cena along matchup, that fails to deliver.

Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro:
Another match that I've heard a lot about, but frankly, didn't deliver for me. Hardy has become stale and very predictable, whether that be because he has done the Ladder to death, or he just sucks.

MNM interview. That's right MNM. They talk about how Mercury gets his nose shattered into 1000 pieces and he lost 35% vision in his left eye, that sucks.

Four Way Armageddon Ladder Match: I like the fact that Taylor and Regal were in this. They played the scared of heights part amazingly. Mercury getting that ladder shot was just sick, and honestly, he's lucky he's not dead. The blood just gushed out of his nose, and his eyes swelled shut in about 30 seconds. London and Kendrick impress in this match. Not a bad way to end this thing.

So Overall, the DVD is a good buy. The first disc is absolutely solid and you get to see it evolve to what it is now. Even the second disc is solid until we get to about 2002. Then the ladder match becomes kinda stale and repetitive. Edge easily out shines anyone on this disc. Highly Recommend.

I have the Ladder Match DVD and I think you summed it up very well Shockie.Personally they should have put the ladder match between Hall and Michaels from Wrestlemania X.This match is definetly better than the Summerslam encounter.Although their match at Summerslam was great.

Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen:

I'm not going to review the matches or promos. Because while I haven't watched them yet, I expect them to be stellar.

But fuck me is the doc a complete bore. Somebody need's to tell Arn Anderson, Ric Flair & Tully Blanchard that kayfebe is dead. Nobody thinks of wrestling as a legit sport anymore. It's not the 70's. The fans aren't idiots. the only people who believe wrestling to be real are kids, and they wouldn't be intrested in this DVD. Talking as though wrestling is a legit sport completley ruined it for me.

One of the greatest, if not the greatest stables of all time. And yet I was waiting for this DVD to end. 2 hours and 15 minutes of my life I could have used to watch the best of Akeem. There was nothing informative on this DVD. It told me nothing new. Granted there might not have been much to know. The only intresting think on the whole DVD is Paul Roma. Bring him back man. Yeah he sucks but he rips into A.A. and Flair. And he's right.

I think most people have forgotten about this thread. So I'll try to get it started again. In the upcoming weeks I'll re-watch the Brian Pillman, ECW Most Extreme Matches, Most Incredible Steel Cage Matches, Bret Hart, Hard Knocks DVD's etc.

Yeah they are selling wrestling DVD's down at the local HMV store for $7! So I'm going to pick some up and probably do some reviews. I think I'm going to get the Ladder Match DVD although it will obviously be more than $7 because it's new.

Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon

I suppose it's entertaining. But I dont know any more about Pillman than I did before I watched it. There's no HHH or Steve Lombardi on the disc. Which I always see as a positive. But fuck me if it isn't Arn Anderson with the kayfave yet again. Fuck off Arn. You suck. I actually dont have anything else to say about this. Entertaining but not very informative. The matches are brilliant though.

Road Warriors: The Life & Death Of The Most Dominant Teag Team In Wrestling History

I really enjoyed this DVD. Not the matches. They suck. Are minute long matches really worthy of a best of compilation? Yes. When it's LOD and they cant work for shit. You pray for those short matches. In fact the matches were an absolute chore to get through. It's like the Hogan DVD all over again. And for Hogan fans he appears in one of the matches. Neither team get's pinned, fact fans. But the doc is really good. And that's with one member of the team not being involved. Maybe it's because I hated watching them as a team, and thus never bothering to learn about them. That's probably why I found it more informative. Still dont like them. Terrible wrestlers. And Hawk comes across as a dick. But still worth watching.

Phenomenal: The Best Of A.J. Styles Vol.2

For match quality you probably aren't going to get much better. Several of the matches have been repeated on a lot of TNA DVD's. But when it's the work of Styles I dont mind. I could watch the Unbreakable three way over and over again. Some of the matches aren't exactly his best. But there not bad either. At least you get your moneys worth. The only probem I have is the interview. A.J. is so dull. I mean really dull. Like talking to a pensioner on the bus dull. Apparently he was a naughty boy when he was younger. Whaterver Trevor. And now he's found God. Boring. Coincidently I'm still looking for god. But I doubt he lives in Stoke.

TNA: The Best Of The Tag Teams Vol. 1

Complete shite. There's about 5 iMPACT matches that last 5 minutes or less. Is that worthy of a best of DVD? Nope. Voodoo Kin Mafia on a best of DVD? Whatever. The Naturals? Meh. The matches featuring LAX, AMW and Styles/Daniels are good. But there on other DVD's. AMW split up for good. Couldn't they have put out a best of AMW DVD? There 5 years as a team. That would have been worth buying. LAX have done enough to warrent a decent DVD. And Styles and Daniels have numerous DVD's dedicated to them. This DVD was put together soley to generate money. Because the DVD's I mentioned that they should do, will probably be coming out in a few moths time. And as a completeist I'll be buying them to.

1 star out of 5.

The Most Powerful Families In Wrestling:

Weighing in on Family Ties
The Orton Family
The Guerrero Family
The McMahon Family
Father and Son
The Windham Family
The Graham Family
The Anoa'I Family
The Gagne Family
The Hart Family
The Vachon Family
The Colon Family
The Von Erich Family
The Rougeau Family
The Funk Family
Questionable Family Ties
The Brisco Family
The Maivia / Johnson Family

Special Features:

Peter Maivia & Chief Jay Strongbow vs. Ali Baba & Baron Mikel Scicluna
Championship Wrestling - 27/09/77

AWA World Heavyweight Championship
Greg Gagne vs. Curt Hennig
AWA All Star Wrestling - 15/05/88

The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. The Bushwhackers
MSG - 20/02/89

Barry Windham & Kendall Windham vs. Michael Hayes & Lex Luger
NWA World Championship Wrestling - 18/03/89

Bob Orton Sr. & Bob Orton Jr. vs. Jeff Ports & Rocky Smith
Championship Wrestling from Florida - 21/04/76

Kevin Von Erich, David Von Erich & Kerry Von Erich vs. Wild Bill Irwin, Pvt. F. Dusek & Ten Gu
WCCW Star Wars - 25/12/81

Black Jack Mulligan & Black Jack Mulligan Jr. vs. Ricky Harris & Jim Nelson
Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling - 13/01/82

NWA Tag Team Championship
Gerry Brisco & Jack Brisco vs. Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood
NWA Starrcade - 24/11/83

Los Guerreros vs. Mike Inos, Krusher Krugnoff & Tom Burton
AWA All Star Wrestling - 04/09/88

Bret, Owen, Bruce & Keith Hart vs. Shawn Michaels & Three Masked Knights
Survivor Series - 24/11/93

Dustin Rhodes & Dusty Rhodes vs. Terry Funk & Bunkhouse Buck
Clash Of The Champions 28/08/94

Terry Funk & Dory Funk Jr. vs. Public Enemy
ECW Hostile City Showdown - 24/06/94

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Rocky Maivia vs. The Sultan
WrestleMania 13 - 23/03/97

Brian Christopher & Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Scott Putski & Ivan Putski
RAW - 14/07/97

WWE Tag Team Championship
Eddie Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin
SmackDown! - 18/09/03

The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton
SummerSlam - 21/08/05

Interviews:

Deuce: Being Jimmy Snuka's Son
Jeff Hardy: Trampoline
Chavo Guerrero Jr.: Family Gatherings
Barry Windham: Teaming with Dad

Good DVD. Why they have Carlito hosting is a mysterie to me. Carlito is a charisma vaccume. Couldn't a McMahon or Jerry Lawler have done it? Thanfully his screen time is limited. He just leads to certain sections. This is really intresting. A good old school DVD. The only problem I have is that there's too much time spent on families like the Orton's (about 12-15 min) and not enough on the Von Erich's/Hart's (about 5-7 min). Hopefully that means that those two families will get there own DVD's. The Von Erich's certainly deserve there own. But otherwise a really intresting watch. Worth the money. Ihaven't watched the matches yet but they lokk to be pretty good.

I want a new WWE DVD and I got 3 choices don't know which one to go for. This Review of the Ladder Match DVD looks extremely good.
I have to decide between these 3 DVD's:

1. The Ladder Match DVD. 27$
2. History of the WWE Championship. 27$
3. Hulk Hogan - The Ultimate Anthology. 31$

Tell me dude! Which one should I go for? And write a Review if you can! Which DVD do you prefer should I buy?

I dont know about the Ladder match DVD. It isn't out in England for another month. I say go for the WWE Championship DVD. The first disc is like the whole of the Hogan DVD. It's completeley shit. But the other two discs are really dood. But dont buy the Hogan one. Some of it's intresting. But there's no doc. It's just matches. And 20 plus Hogan matches is a lot to get through.

I'm almost guaranteeing you, if you love Ladder matches.. you WILL NOT be disappointed with the Ladder match DVD. By far, it is the best wrestling DVD I've buy in a while.

The "History" of the W.W.E. Championship is bullshit. All it is, is just matches that were suppose to be selected by the fans.. but once again, similar to Cyber Sunday.. wwe.com fucked up the polls in asking which title match you'd pick, between like 3.. & they had two shit ones & one decent one.

I bought that 3-disc DVD, & yeah, its worth buying as a whole.. but NOT over the Ladder match DVD, in my opinion. Then again.. I bought it for hoping it'd have great title matches in the "yester-year" era.. & it was Hogan filled everywhere.. then the second disc has like 3 HBK matches, one of which was his Mankind-Mind Games match that I personally don't think was his best of that year. The other two, his Ironman match (I believe) & the Steve Austin WM 14 match.

So in my personal opinion.. Ladder Match DVD is the best out of the 3 options.

I saw this DVD at Best Buy the other day its called heroes of first class the story of the Von Erich family i was wondering if anyone has seen it and if so do they reccomend it

I want a new WWE DVD and I got 3 choices don't know which one to go for. This Review of the Ladder Match DVD looks extremely good.
I have to decide between these 3 DVD's:

1. The Ladder Match DVD. 27$
2. History of the WWE Championship. 27$
3. Hulk Hogan - The Ultimate Anthology. 31$

Tell me dude! Which one should I go for? And write a Review if you can! Which DVD do you prefer should I buy?

I'd say go for the Ladder Match DVD. It has tons of great matches on all 3 discs. I got it the day it came out, which so happens to be my b-day, so you can imagine how happy I was with one of the best wrestling DVD's ever in my opinion. The History of the WWE Championship kinda dropped the ball, as the first disc was complete old school or crap with lots of Hogan on it, which i enjoy neither of. The 2nd disc had pretty good matches on it, even though it only had 5 matches on it, but made up with the length of them. The third disc was the most entertaining and was a great watch. The only beef i have with this set is their is no documentary on everything about the championship like i thought they would, as it's just hosted by J.R. with a match then a JR interlude, then another match. Just kinda gets boring after a while. I dont have the Hogan disc so I couldnt tell u about that one. I actually wanted to know if the Hogan DVD was worth the money myself. It's about 25$ in NJ, so does anyone know if it's worth it?

The Ladder Matches DVD is the shit. It gets bad when we start talking about current Ladder matches, but almost everything up until about 2002 is solid. Disc 3 is a little weak.

The Championship DVD isn't a documentary or actual history of the belt, it's pretty much the biggest matches according to the WWE. So you'll get some shit, but for the most part, pretty decent.

The Hogan DVD, it just depends. If you grew up a Hulkamaniac, its gold, if you don't like Hulkamania, then don't bother with it. It's pretty weak with his WCW days too, which were just as important as his golden years.

Now onto the Families DVD, easily one of the better DVDS we have gotten from the WWE. It's a little weak when it comes to the Von Erichs and Harts, and a little too much on the Ortons and Colons, but that's because they are being pushed.

I'm really debating on what to get; the ladder match DVD or the WrestleMania 23 DVD box set. Of course w/out hesitation I'd pick the Ladder Match over WM 23, however I saw that the WWE is continue producing/releasing WM 23 DVD sets but the newer ones has Benoit/MVP removed which I still want to get the original copy while it's still in some stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back