• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Concept-2010 Money In The Bank!

LEGEND KILLER

Occasional Pre-Show
MITB is one of the most entertainnig matches WWE puts on annually. With the winner recieving a title shot anytime, anywhere i was thinking of how WWE could enhance the whole idea of this match...

here goes....the winner of the MITB 2010 not only gets to have a WWE title shot anytime, anywhere but they also get to pick the match type!

So the winner could request a hell in the cell, ladder match, no DQ match etc any match type....

Example....Edge defeats Jeff Hardy at Judgement day and all of a sudden the steel cage music hits and the cage comes down slowly and CM Punks music hits and here he comes! I am not a Punk fan i just used this as an example....how much hype and excitement would be in that moment?

Second Question who would you like to see participate and win next years MITB (i know its early) my picks as follows....

Shelton Benjamin
Christian
Morrison
Miz
Evan Bourne
Rey Mysterio
MVP
Jeff Hardy

Winner-John Morrison!

Let me know what you think of the new MITB and if WWE would ever add this into the stipulation of the match....

This would work if the winner was a heel. They could then play off the fact that they needed a stipulation to win. If it were a face who won this would be a stupid idea. Faces usually don't hide behind stipulations. Having a clean win would get the eventual champion off to a good start. So sorry, I like how they have it now.

the idea is good, but like legend killer said, it would only really work for heels... unless the wrestler cashed it in and made the challenge for a certain ppv or date.

CM punk's cash in right after Edge's match was just 2 have the whole "karma" thing against Edge, who had done the same thing before.

If it was up to my I'd say screw the ladder and lets just have an 8-man elimination match.
well good thing its not up to you. anyways on topic, i like your idea a little, but your example is bad for one reason, wouldn't someone ask something if there was a cage above the ring? it would have to be announced prior to the event.

this could work for a face, especially against guys like Orton and Edge who need people to help, so a steel cage would keep them out and make it a one on one. so ya i like the idea

well good thing its not up to you. anyways on topic, i like your idea a little, but your example is bad for one reason, wouldn't someone ask something if there was a cage above the ring? it would have to be announced prior to the event.

Not true at all. Remember when Triple H had the cage lowered against Cody Rhodes? the cage was not seen nor acknowledged during the whole event. so ya it could be pulled off

Eh it's an interesting idea but I don't think it's really needed. The reward is a title match anytime anywhere, I don't know that they need to add another level to it.

On one hand, really the whole point to MITB is so that the case holder can have a match at any time. I don't care who you are, heel or face, the smart thing to do is take your shot after a brutal match when the champ has already been beaten and you have almost no chance of losing.

On the other hand, if you want to be the good face and announce you'll be cashing in your case on such and such a date because you're nobel and want to earn the title, I'm sure there would be no problem adding "and I spoke to X GM and it's going to be a _________ match!"

I also think it takes away from the surprise element a little. You can't just have a Hell in the Cell match out of nowhere. Yes, the HHH thing, I don't recall if it was on TV or not, but all 15,000 people there or whatever clearly knew that it was going to be used that night. It seems like it would take away from it if someone ran out with the briefcase, brought down ladders, made an announcement that it's a ladder match. It just seems like a lot to me.

I fully expect CM Punk to lose his cash in match this year though, especially since he won it twice and they simply cannot have the MITB winner win every year.

i dont care for this idea, i feel like it takes out the mistory of when he could cash it in like at the end of the match or something , like he just got done in a match and he wants to have a cage match right there? i guess but to me i just like the surprise attack and pin right there

Yeah, the winner of the match already gets a massive advantage in the fact that they can cash in on a beaten person. How pathetic would someone look if they could do that AND have a stipulation? If a face cashes in by announcing the match ahead of schedule I'm willing to bet that the champ would agree to a stipulation anyway. Heck, didn't Cena agree to RVD's hardcore stip?

MitB is a good concept. There's no need to add extra junk on top of it. That's TNA's department.

I agree, it just wouldn´t work the way you imagined it, not even for a heel a heel would just cash it in after a match of the current champ so there´s no need for a cage to be lowered or something like that.

And yeah TNA would turn it into a 8 man-reverse-hardcore-miners glove on a pole-elimination-battle-royal with Jason Sensation as a special referee xDD

I think that the match is fine as it is. Look how many times CM Punk is brought up in threads that have nothing to do w him just b/c he has the MitB. So just knowing that he can strike at anytime makes it exicting enough.

But I could see Punk not doing the suprise thing again and challenging whomever to a match w some kind of stip. He could do it to prove that his title run wasn't a fluke and he deserves to be champ.

The only idea that I can think of that could make MitB have anything else to it is that the winner can challenge ALL the champs whenever they want and if they win one thats it, but if they lose against the WWE champ they can face the World Heavyweight champ, and if they lose both those they can go after the ECW belt. It would def get whomever wins it into main event status.

One unrelated thing I want to say is I really want the MitB to get cashed in the night that it is won. Maybe have Shawn Michaels win MitB and then challenge the champ after their match. Hey, I can dream.

I like MITB as is. There is the drama of winning a championship shot. The surprise factor of cashing it in anywhere. It's almost a more prestigous version of the old 24/7 Hardcore Title rule. You can do it when the champ is already beaten down. Why add more to it?

Although if the MITB winner was a heel and the champ was being strapped down and wheeled out, it would be hilarious for the MITB winner to demand a last man standing match (how can an unconcious guy strapped to a gurnie answer a 10 count?). Or better yet a stretcher match with dude already on it.

i think its good except for not morrison winning but i think Shelton Benjamin should win. He has so much potential and i think its about time he has a sot to prove what he can do with being put in the main event

Wwe is doing pretty well with MITB there is no need to change it. The past couple years its been one of the more anticipated matches. By adding stipulations to it it'll do nothing for the draw IMO. The more you try to improve an already good thing the more you run the risk of screwing it up.

I love MITB, but my only complaint is, and i know its Sports "Entertainment" but its supposed to at least mimmick some reality in some way, and we all know that if the person holding that case could truly cash it in anywhere anytime, they would do it as soon after they won it as possible, which would mean a run-in on either the WWE, or World Title match that night at mania!

The only thing i would change is where the MITB takes place, have it Headline one of the lesser draw ppvs like Backlash, or Judgement Day, but if your going to keep it on Mania then at least put a stupid made up rule out there says they can cash it anywhere anytime from the RAW after mania til the next mania, cause ive always thought if they really wanted to make it seem real that we all know any mid-card talent that got the case would be running in after the next main event! BUT what they should REALLY do is.....

Put it on the mid-card of a lesser draw ppv and have the guy (like CM Punk) step up right after he wins it and hand it over to Vince in the back and say i want in the WWE, or World Title match that is headling that show, so u get a triple threat match out of a 1 on 1 match on a ppv that would be a great bonus cause no one would know they were getting it before the ppv, and the next night on RAW you would have that "shock" factor if the MITB winner, cashed it in and won the WWE/World title on the same ppv like Edge got when he went into No Way Out a WWE Champ, and showed up on RAW the World Champ, totally gives you a suprise moment "in" the ppv, which in turn would make more people order the ppvs which is what Vinnie Mac wants cause he hasnt made but a few squellion dollars anway!

Bad idea. How predictable would it be if you was at a normal taping or Pay per view and above the ring was a fucking cage? even though there was no cage match set up?

No, keep it the way it is now. That way you will never see it coming. It makes it better and more suspensful. You want him to cash it in, You just don't know when.

this could work for a face, especially against guys like Orton and Edge who need people to help, so a steel cage would keep them out and make it a one on one. so ya i like the idea

It would be kind of hard to hide the cage during the event and would ruin the surprise of the cash in really.I could see it working where they pick the match in advanced of course.However just having a cage hanging over the ring until said person decided to cash in wouldn't be too good.As long as the winner gets to pick said match and stipulation in advanced then sure it would be good.

This could be possible for a face and at the same time make sense, I suppose.

An example would be: CM Punk decides to cash in on Orton (hypothetically). He knows Orton will use legacy to help him retain, so he has a cage lowered. Making a cage stipulation make sense.

Another example would be: Punk cashes in on Edge. He makes the stipulation a street fight so Edge can't run or hide.

Only certain cases could it work but it would always have to fit with the heel character making it tough to pull off.

To those who wonder why they don't cash in after the wm main event? they just got out of a fucking 8 man ladder match! you can't let them go to the main event after they supposedly just went through hell to get the briefcase. i dont think they need to add anything to the match, its plent exciting enough, you dont fix it if its not broken.

I agree that the concept of money in the bank needs to be changed. It will be a five year tradition come Wrestlemania 26. It's about time it changed a little, because i think its getting old. Money in the Bank pretty much means you know whoever wins it will win a world title at some point in the next year. (More than likely). It is a great match don't get me wrong, but will WWE really keep it going? Until Wrestlemania 30? 40? Who knows. It seems stupid idea to me, but the matches are always great.

There's nothing wrong with MITB as it is IMO, apart from predictable results, we all knew CM Punk would win again just like we knew Edge would win the first one.

I wanted Kane to get the nod this time, it's about time he had a decent title run, rather than being the token jobber squashing hoss on whatever brand he's on.

The problem with MitB is people are wanting a quick fix with it being cashed in straight away. The first time it took Edge nearly a year to cash in. As someone mentioned, CM Punk's name is coming up all the time in title threads that has nothing to do with him. Let him have this exposure for longer than a couple of months or have him tease cashing it in but then not doing it.

If I had the choice though, I would have the winner get a guaranteed shot at the title at SummerSlam to stop the cheap title victories. It gives the wrestler time to be built up, and allows them to switch brands if the company feels it is needed.

I don't like the idea. How much of a disadvantage to want to give the champion? I mean they already have to expect an anytime anywhere match, I think that's the "gimmick" itself. This would only work if the MITB terms stated that they have to announce when they want to cash it in...but then it gives the champ time to prepare, so it kind of defeats the purpose almost.

I say leave MITB how it is. You don't want overkill on an already solid concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back