• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA Week 12 LD

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Gameday this week is at Wrigley Field for the Northwestern/Illinois game, which has been in the news for it's short distance b/w the end zone and wall, which isn't going to be used today. The game's on at 3:30 on ESPNU

That isn't the only game played on a baseball field, though, as Army and Notre Dame will renew their old school rivalry on the new Yankee Stadium. It might actually be a good game, since Army has turned around it's program and is already bowl eligible at 6-4. It will be interesting to see if Notre Dame can handle the triple option this time around, unlike last when they played Navy a few weeks ago and got stomped on. The game starts at 7:00 on NBC.

As for State, they're coming off of a bye, and shouldn't have any problems with Purdue. And with a win, they'd achieve their 1st 10 win season since 99, which is a huge accomplishment. And, if Iowa can pull off the upset on Ohio State in Kinnick, MSU would be in the drivers seat to win the Big 10 outright (due to their H2H win over Wisconsin, the only other 1 loss team in the league).

So, go MSU, go Iowa, and lets get ready for a good day of some NCAA Football.

Ugly start for MSU. Just stupid mistakes, including a pick 6 and a missed EP. Down 8, but we've been dominating every part of the game. Just need to punch it in and get a few stops. Not worried yet, although I'm irritated that we're down to a highly unimpressive Purdue team.

We're a second half team, though, so I continue to see us pound the rock and figure them out.

Jesus these guys are playing uninspired. We're gonna need a big turnover or some type of mistake by Purdue to get ourselves back going.

WOOO what an ending. Down 15 going into the final quarter, down 11 with >8 minutes to go, get a great pass TD, a blocked punt, an attempted running TD by Cousins that got recovered in the End Zone by one of the lineman. Then, a few nice plays by Purdue, getting inside of the 25, only for an INT to close it out with > a minute to play.

Somehow these guys keep on pulling out wins that they wouldn't have done in the past. Mark Dantonio is doing things that us MSU fans aren't used to seeing: making 4th quarter comebacks, winning in November, and being in contention for a League title going into the last week of the season. An 11 win season now is certainly in the talks, as PSU didn't look all that great against an average at best Indiana team. It was a hell of a game to watch today, even if we definitely didn't even bring our B game out to play. A wins a win, and that's all you can ask for, especially in November in Big Ten play.

Now, GO IOWA!!! :D:D:D

I have to admit, the atmosphere of the game at Wrigley is pretty awesome. Probably won't watch a whole lot, but, if I was near the Chicago area, I'd definitely try and get tickets for that game, just for the experience.

Same for the Army/ND game at Yankee Stadium. Those types of games only come once every so often.

And a good start for Iowa. Hopefully they play the way they did against my Spartans and dismantle OSU. They're a dangerous team at home and hopefully they go out strong on Senior Day.

There we go Kinnick. I know how dangerous of a Stadium this can be. Same with Happy Valley. 2 false starts.

EDIT: C'mon Iowa. 3rd and 17, and he gets 21? Really?

I have to admit, the atmosphere of the game at Wrigley is pretty awesome. Probably won't watch a whole lot, but, if I was near the Chicago area, I'd definitely try and get tickets for that game, just for the experience.

Same for the Army/ND game at Yankee Stadium. Those types of games only come once every so often.
Actually, Yankee Stadium is not only hosting this game and potentially more regular season games, but they are also hosting a Bowl game on December 30th (the New Era Pinstripe Bowl).

And Illinois is up 2 TDs less then 5 minutes in, thanks to a quick score, a fumble on the first pass attempt by Northwesterns new QB, and another TD drive.

Yes, but this is the first NCAA game at Wrigley in god knows how long. Plus, the last time Army/ND played at Yankee Stadium was the 60s, I believe.

And good stop Iowa. I don't know why they're being considered as big of underdogs as they are. At home, Senior Day, against a top team in the conference. Why wouldn't they be pumped up?

So yeah, I live about an hour away from the Iowa border, yet instead of airing that game our local ABC affiliate decdes to show LSU/Ole Miss, a game almost nobody that lives her gives 2 fucks about:disappointed:

Notre Dame has a 14 point lead on Army at Yankee Stadium (17-3). The stadium looks great (Similar to Notre Dame Stadium, in that it isn't overly decorated in ND regalia. The Irish are looking good too, both with their play and with their awesome Green uni's. Tommy Rees has looked pretty good so far, and might be winning the starting QB job for 2011.

Army isn't the same caliber of a team as Navy (even though Army is finally Bowl Eligible for the first time in a long time), and this is the 2nd time ND is seeing the Triple Option, so it's not all that surprising. But still credit to the ND D-Coordinator for preparing the team for this difficult offense.

Bo Pelini is such a cock. He's brought Nebraska back, but he's a complete jackass. Too busy trying to scream at officials instead of worrying about how poorly his team was playing.

Anytime he loses, I'm happy.

Bo Pelini is such a cock. He's brought Nebraska back, but he's a complete jackass. Too busy trying to scream at officials instead of worrying about how poorly his team was playing.

Anytime he loses, I'm happy.
I tuned in in time to see the Nebraska QB throw a 4th and 10 out of bounds.

Apparently the penalty difference was 16 to 2. That means one of 2 things:
1. Nebaska played undisciplined football (likely)
2. The refs were in A&M's pockets (not true).

Yeah, Bo's an ass. He'd rather go after the officials after the game ends instead of accepting defeat.

More importantly, ND won 27-3 over Army in Yankee Stadium, and is now BOWL ELIGIBLE! Notre Dame will definitely get an invite, and will definitely accept, since they then get an extra 15 days of practice. Who knows what Bowl the Irish get into (maybe the New Era Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium), but first on the docket is a matchup at USC next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back