• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA Week 11 LD

I believe Oregon should be 3rd when the rankings come out. The ultimate question of the BCS will be how far Oklahoma, who I predict will be 5th, jumps if they beat the Cowboys.

If Oklahoma beats the Cowboys (which is a tall order with Broyles out) it's possible we'll be left with five teams that have a credible case to play LSU for the championship. Chaos shall ensue!

Sure is a lot of going for 2 happening tonight.
yeah. It kinda made sense for UCF. They were playing on the road, where you typically go for the win. However they were playing a freshman QB, so it wasn't as good an idea (QB didn't see the defender and he easily batted down pass).

a shit-ton of bitching. Rightfully so. Bama doesn't deserve the shot over LSU, ever, because LSU beat them.

That logic doesn't exactly work with the BCS. Look at 2008, for example. Texas beats Oklahoma, Texas Tech beats Texas. Both Oklahoma and Texas have one loss, national championship is Oklahoma vs Florida. Doesn't make a ton of sense. Especially considering Texas vs Oklahoma was on neutral field.

If Oklahoma beats Ok State then I have no clue who would be number two but there would be plenty of teams that could make a case. Alabama and Oregon, however, would have the best case because their only losses would have come to LSU.

If Oklahoma beats Ok State then I have no clue who would be number two but there would be plenty of teams that could make a case. Alabama and Oregon, however, would have the best case because their only losses would have come to LSU.

But does anyone want to see a rematch for the National Championship? Personally, I wouldn't mind. But I bet the consensus reaction would be pretty negative on that

But does anyone want to see a rematch for the National Championship? Personally, I wouldn't mind. But I bet the consensus reaction would be pretty negative on that

Honestly when it comes down to it the only thing that matters is what the BCS says.

Alabama presents the most problems to me so a whole lot of fans will be rooting for Auburn.
Just saw the projected standings and Oregon is 4th. A real interesting debate can come up if Oregon and Oklahoma win their conferences. Oregon would play either UCLA or Arizona St. and the Big 12 has no title game.

My guess is that if Oklahoma beats Ok State and everyone else keeps winning then it will be either Bama or Oregon playing LSU. The only question would be if Oregon could jump Bama after a Pac 12 championship game win. I can't see Oklahoma jumping past Bama in any rankings just based off a win over Ok State.

Oregon still has USC on their schedule. That's a tough game. Nobody should assume Oregon is going the rest of the way undefeated.

But, out of all the 1 loss teams, I would put Oklahoma at #2 if they end up beating Oklahoma State. It's really funny how with this BCS crap the scheduling date of the games makes all the difference in the World.

I don't think a one loss Oklahoma deserves to be number two more then a one loss Oregon or Alabama. Oklahoma had easier schedules then those two plus their one loss came at home to an average at best Texas Tech team. That was an awful loss.

Alabama's schedule is easier than Oklahoma and I can't be convinced otherwise. Penn State is damn near inept on offense much of the season and Arkansas is overrated as they only beat South Carolina which is not much to write home about.

Alabama's schedule is easier than Oklahoma and I can't be convinced otherwise. Penn State is damn near inept on offense much of the season and Arkansas is overrated as they only beat South Carolina which is not much to write home about.

And who has Oklahoma beaten that's any better then who Bama has beaten? Florida State is no better then Penn State and I'll take Arkansas over Texas or K State any day. A win over Ok State wouldn't be enough to make up for a loss to Texas Tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back