• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

College Football Week 3 LD "Black Vs Red"

The ESPN commentators were practically giving this coach a blowjob for this call. Isn't that a little bias? They call the Fake FG ballsy, but the 4th and 1 at the 41 stupid? The Fake could have fallen incomplete, been picked, not made the first, and the game would have been over, ND won. ND missed the 4th and 1, and the game wasn't close to over. But the call that wasn't a game ender was stupid, and the one that could have been was ballsy.

The ESPN commentators were practically giving this coach a blowjob for this call. Isn't that a little bias? They call the Fake FG ballsy, but the 4th and 1 at the 41 stupid? The Fake could have fallen incomplete, been picked, not made the first, and the game would have been over, ND won. ND missed the 4th and 1, and the game wasn't close to over. But the call that wasn't a game ender was stupid, and the one that could have been was ballsy.

2 things:

1) Even the coach said he had an inexperienced kicker, and a FG from what, 48 yards, is not easy at all for anyone, much less an inexperienced kicker in OT vs. Notre Dame.

2) Michigan State completed their 4th day play. Notre Dame didn't. It's the difference between being the hero and the goat.

I didn't know Andrew Luck was that fast, a 52 yard touchdown run. Although, Wake's defense is awful so that could be the reason.

Shit, I don't know what to say about that. Hell of a game, but

FUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!

Yeah, that shit is scary. It says he'll make a speedy and healthy recovery. Hopefully he takes his time and doesn't rush back into it, though, even if he's 'healthy' according to doctors. At least it wasn't the worst, so we have to be happy about that.

So, my dad just showed me the last play of the MSU/ND game should never have happened. If you watch, the play clock is at :00 before the snap, which means it should have been a delay of game penalty.

Who says there's no such thing has home town officiating?

Yeah I found a nice video analysis of that play (which was pretty good imo).

[youtube]9v93jJu2hBQ[/youtube]

The refs should have been all over this one.

So, my dad just showed me the last play of the MSU/ND game should never have happened. If you watch, the play clock is at :00 before the snap, which means it should have been a delay of game penalty.

Who says there's no such thing has home town officiating?

I actually just read about this one, and the word from the Big East officiating coordinator is this.

Big East officiating coordinator Terry McAulay has affirmed the no-call was correct: "Proper mechanics dictate that [the back judge's] focus be directed to the play clock as it approaches zero. When the play clock display reads zero, he must re-direct his attention to the ball. At that time, if the snap has not started, a flag will be thrown for delay of game. If the snap has begun, no flag will be thrown. ...On the play in question, this lag time created the situation where it appears the play clock expired just before the snap. We believe the snap occurred well within the normal lag time for the Back Judge to make this determination."

I understand neither is part of the Big East. The rest of the article is here.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...all-of-the-year-was-so-crazy?urn=ncaaf-270697

Yea the refs are human and you can't be looking at the play clock and snap at the same time. The rule states when the play clock reaches zero you then look at the snap. I guess it takes just over 1/5 of a second to turn from the play clock to the ball

So...what we're saying now is that a play that is not snapped in 40 seconds is okay, but a guy not making contact on a block is a penalty for block in the back.

I guess it would just be too much for the Officiating Coordinator to say "oops", and "human error" and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back