• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA Week 11 LD

ND's exposing Utah as the fraud they were. Now that win doesn't look as good for TCU, who still has some work to do, but have cut the defecit in half. As has Auburn.

OSU, however, is allowing PSU to drive down again right before half, with the Lions getting the ball after half first.

ND's exposing Utah as the fraud they were. Now that win doesn't look as good for TCU, who still has some work to do, but have cut the defecit in half. As has Auburn.
ND is exposing ND to be a better team then you're giving them credit for, actually. Yes, Utah is having a slight down day in poor weather, but ND is playing well.

OSU, however, is allowing PSU to drive down again right before half, with the Lions getting the ball after half first.
Shit. Come on Fuckeyes, snap into it, I don't want to hear those PSU fans tomorrow.

ND is exposing ND to be a better team then you're giving them credit for, actually. Yes, Utah is having a slight down day in poor weather, but ND is playing well.

Not really. Utah hasn't beaten anyone good this year, but stacked up on cupcakes and got destroyed by TCU. And ND is an average, at best, team. They're 4-5, and have beaten the likes of Purdue, Pitt, Western Michigan, and Boston College, who are all average at best.

Plus, they've lost to two Non-AQ teams, Navy and Tulsa. Fucking Tulsa.

Will this be a good win? Sure. But looks may be deceiving, which is what this win is. 5-5 is 5-5. You are what your record says you are. 5-5 is average.

Shit. Come on Fuckeyes, snap into it, I don't want to hear those PSU fans tomorrow.

No. Fuck OSU. Their fans are almost as bad as UM and ND fans.

SDSU hasn't gotten shit despite having 14 points. 1 first down. TCU will probably have this 52-21 at the end of the game.

Not really. Utah hasn't beaten anyone good this year, but stacked up on cupcakes and got destroyed by TCU.
Their only ranked win was against Pittsburgh week 1 (ranked 15th). Outside of that you're right. That doesn't mean they are terrible though.

And ND is an average, at best, team. They're 4-5, and have beaten the likes of Purdue, Pitt, Western Michigan, and Boston College, who are all average at best.

Plus, they've lost to two Non-AQ teams, Navy and Tulsa. Fucking Tulsa.
Navy has won 8 games or more every year since 2002, you know. They are actually a pretty good team. The Tulsa loss in inexplicable, but it happens (hell, Michigan lost to a 1AA team a few years ago).

Will this be a good win? Sure. But looks may be deceiving, which is what this win is. 5-5 is 5-5. You are what your record says you are. 5-5 is average.
And since 5-5 is better then 4-6, it's a huge fucking win. And since it's the first win over a ranked opponent for Brian Kelly at ND (and hell, maybe first one for few years now) ND fans should be psyched about it.

EDIT: ND can go 7-5 this year, which is an improvement over last year, and that's the most important thing.

No. Fuck OSU. Their fans are almost as bad as UM and ND fans.
I'm not rooting FOR OSU. I'm rooting AGAINST PSU, whose fans are as bad/worse as UM, MSU, OSU, ND, and other teams.

IT IS ALL OVER!

28-3 Notre Dame over #14 Utah. First win in 11 games against AP ranked opponents.

Tommy Rees had his coming out party, playing a great game against a ranked opponent. This kid might be the QB of the future for the Irish.

IT IS ALL OVER!

28-3 Notre Dame over overrated Utah. First win in 11 games against AP ranked opponents.

Tommy Rees had his coming out party, playing a great game against a ranked opponent. This kid might be the QB of the future for the Irish.

Fixed.

And fuck you OSU.

Fixed.

And fuck you OSU.
no, you changed fact into opinion. It is FACT they are ranked 14th in the NCAA. It is your OPINION they are overrated. Nothing should have been fixed there. Bad job by you.

NOTRE DAME BEAT AN AP TOP 15 RANKED OPPONENT. That's a fact that is undeniable, and to try and discredit it is bias and pathetic.

No, it's a fact that they haven't beaten anyone with a record above 2 wins above .500. In fact, they've only beaten 2 teams with records above .500. And they got killed in their first real test last week. Hence overrated.

And it's not an opinion, since they might even drop out of the rankings now. It's not bias against ND. It was an impressive showing, against a team that showed they don't deserve to be ranked that high.

So no, it wasn't a bad job by me. Because they are overrated, and that was proven.

No, it's a fact that they haven't beaten anyone with a record above 2 wins above .500. In fact, they've only beaten 2 teams with records above .500. And they got killed in their first real test last week. Hence overrated.

And it's not an opinion, since they might even drop out of the rankings now. It's not bias against ND. It was an impressive showing, against a team that showed they don't deserve to be ranked that high.

So no, it wasn't a bad job by me. Because they are overrated, and that was proven.

Sorry, but look at the scoreboards, and you will see a little #14 next to Utahs name. Why? Because they are THE FUCKING 14TH RANKED TEAM IN THE NATION. Overrated or not, they were #14. Stop being a fucking bias asshole and admit ND beat a top 15 team. You can hate them, but they destroyed a top 15 team, and the little #14 PROVES that fucking point.

Who Utah beat means shit. They were ranked 14 deservingly so (yet to lose prior to last week, great year last year, etc). Do they deserve to fall out of the rankings now? Maybe, but ND will forever have beaten #14 Utah.

Lucky TD for OSU, tipped by 1 receiver right into another receivers hands.

OSU up 10 with less then 10 to go. PSU needs to get a score now if they want to have a shot. They have lost all momentum they had from the first half.

No shit. I never said they didn't beat #14 Utah. Nice try of putting words in my mouth.

Being ranked high doesn't change the fact that Utah = Overrated.

I'll be happy to see ND get destroyed by another triple option offense and USC in back to back weeks. Should be fun.

And Iowa better beat OSU. I don't want to have to go to the dark side and... cheer for UM. *shudders*

Would've liked to see TCU drop to SDSU and let Boise slide up to #3, since I still say Boise's better, but doesn't look like that will happen, unless something drastic does occur.

No shit. I never said they didn't beat #14 Utah. Nice try of putting words in my mouth.

You "fixing" my post said:
IT IS ALL OVER!

28-3 Notre Dame over overrated Utah. First win in 11 games against AP ranked opponents.

Fixed.
You did right there. I said they were ranked 14th, you fixed my post to say they WEREN'T ranked 14th. Hence why I kept mentioning it. You fixed a fact into opinion (overrated is something that is impossible to prove, hence it will always be opinion). Sorry, but you WERE wrong there.

Being ranked high doesn't change the fact that Utah = Overrated.
Utah is now 8-2. They are what their record says they are, and that's a very good football team. 1 team can't be "what their record says they are" and another not be "what their record says they are," so Utah is a good team, regardless of your nonsense.

Take your choice, Utah is a decent team, or Notre Dame is a good team.

I'll be happy to see ND get destroyed by another triple option offense and USC in back to back weeks. Should be fun.
Just like I'll be happy to see Michigan State lose their next 2 games against Purdue and Penn State. That just proved your bias in the argument, so thanks.

I made no mention of them not being ranked 14th. I just added a different adjective, which is also true.

And Utah's good for a MWC team I guess. Even though they might lose to SDSU, who's actually giving TCU a fight. Definitely not the 14th best team in the country though.

EDIT: And keep waiting for MSU to lose those last two. Because they aren't going to lose to a depleted Purdue team after a bye, and Penn State has shown they have a little bark but their bite does minimal damage. Nothing those two teams do will surprise MSU. They've stopped those types of teams before.

ND, however, got destroyed by the last triple option team they played, and USC's offense will rack up the points on a quite bad D.

I made no mention of them not being ranked 14th. I just added a different adjective, which is also true.
By deleting the mention of their actual ranking, you say they aren't ranked. If all you said was "overrated #14 Utah" instead of "Overrated Utah" none of this would have happened most likely.

And Utah's good for a MWC team I guess. Even though they might lose to SDSU, who's actually giving TCU a fight. Definitely not the 14th best team in the country though.
Why might they lose to SDSU? That game hasn't happened yet. And are they giving TCU a fight? They're down by 19. That's not much of a fight.
EDIT: It's 12 now. Yeah it's closer then maybe it should be.

EDIT: And keep waiting for MSU to lose those last two. Because they aren't going to lose to a depleted Purdue team after a bye, and Penn State has shown they have a little bark but their bite does minimal damage. Nothing those two teams do will surprise MSU. They've stopped those types of teams before.
I'm not expecting MSU to lose either game. I'm hoping, but can't expect it.

ND, however, got destroyed by the last triple option team they played, and USC's offense will rack up the points on a quite bad D.
They did get destroyed by Navy, who is a very good team. Too bad they aren't actually playing Navy next week. They're actually playing Army. Army is better then in recent years, but it's not the same team. Plus ND is a different team then they were against Navy. USC is down from recent years, and ND's D proved they can show up and play strong D today.

I know exactly why you're counting out ND, and that's because you're completely bias when it comes to sports.

This week should take TCU out of the equation barring a barrage of losses by AQ teams.
They barely beat a shitty team, Utah got destroyed by a mediocre at best Notre Dame, and they're only other "good" win Oregon State got blasted by the cellar dweller in the Pac-10. The computers are gonna kill them.

And I say thank God. TCU is incredibly overrated. Neither non-AQ should make the title game, and Boise was always better than TCU anyway.

By deleting the mention of their actual ranking, you say they aren't ranked. If all you said was "overrated #14 Utah" instead of "Overrated Utah" none of this would have happened most likely.

No, that's a dumb assumption by you. I never said they weren't #14 ranked.

Why might they lose to SDSU? That game hasn't happened yet. And are they giving TCU a fight? They're down by 19. That's not much of a fight.
EDIT: It's 12 now. Yeah it's closer then maybe it should be.

SDSU is 6 points away from being 9-1 and is one of the best turnaround stories of the season. They got shafted against Mizzou, and Utah has been unimpressive against their top opponents (TCU, ND) this year. SDSU, despite probably racking up garbage points (didn't see the end of the game), they did give TCU a hell of a harder fight, at TCU.

They did get destroyed by Navy, who is a very good team. Too bad they aren't actually playing Navy next week. They're actually playing Army. Army is better then in recent years, but it's not the same team. Plus ND is a different team then they were against Navy. USC is down from recent years, and ND's D proved they can show up and play strong D today.

Army's triple O might not be as accomplished as Navy's, but they can just take the tape of that game and execute it the same way they should win. And USC is still #3 in the Pac 10 and can rack up the points. ND at USC, so they might not have the only advantage on either side of the ball.

I know exactly why you're counting out ND, and that's because you're completely bias when it comes to sports.

Against a team I hate, I'm not going to give them as much of a chance unless they deserve it. And it's not like it wouldn't be shocking if ND lost either, or both, of their next two games. ND's defense, even if they held Utah to 3, still has lost to some teams with good O's (UM, MSU, Stanford, Navy, and Tulsa all have good O's) and are depleted offensively. Army will definitely be a better shot for them to win, but it's not like they haven't made stupid mistakes to cost them games before this season.

And you calling me bias is an instance of calling the pot calling the kettle black, buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back