NBA Thread - 2010-2011

Yeah I think it works for both teams. Now Rudy gets more minutes and doesn't mess around with the team and the Hornets finally get a legit back up guard for CP3 (although Collison was one). Bayless I have always liked, however he didn't get his chance in Portland and now hopefully he gets the minutes he needs in Hornets ( consistently) and become a good role player.

The Heat looked atrocious for the most part tonight. I understand it's going to take some time for the team to gel with all the new faces but outside of LeBron no one really came to play. Wade was rusty as expected but Bosh has no excuse for his poor play. The bench didn't do much either outside of Udonis Haslem and a couple threes from Eddie House. Carlos Arroyo is not the answer at point guard and the Heat showed their weakness inside on the block. This is still a very talented team and they will obviously get it together and have a good season but this was not a good way to start.

My New York Knicks open up the season tonight against the Raptors tonight in Toronto and I'm actually excited about this Knicks team and probably the most excited I've been for a Knicks team in awhile. I think that with the additions of Amare, Felton, Randolph, and Turiaf, All of these acquisitions plus the Improvement of players like Wilson Chandler and Danlio Gallinari I think they can be a surprise team in the East and make the Playoffs as a 6 or 7th seed.

My New York Knicks open up the season tonight against the Raptors tonight in Toronto and I'm actually excited about this Knicks team and probably the most excited I've been for a Knicks team in awhile. I think that with the additions of Amare, Felton, Randolph, and Turiaf, All of these acquisitions plus the Improvement of players like Wilson Chandler and Danlio Gallinari I think they can be a surprise team in the East and make the Playoffs as a 6 or 7th seed.

The 7 and 8 seeds are wide open. The problem is the Knicks had I believe an 18 point lead at one point and let Toronto back into the game. Toronto is more than likely the least talented team in the league and probably a lottery team so there is no excuse for the Knicks poor play if they are a playoff team like you say. Amare had a double double he also had at least six turnovers. These are problems the Knicks need to fix. However Wilson Chandler played like a man posessed and I was really impressed with him out there.

My Pacers have looked above average so far this season. Such a nice thing to see them above 500 for the first time in awhile. I don't even give a shit if it is only a 2-1 record. Danny Granger has been dynamite, especially from three point range so far. And, Roy Hibbert has been showing his improved skills so far. He has been good from the free throw line, his mid range game has improved, his close game is better, his rebounding is good so far and he has just improved nicely from a season ago. He is definitely a guy I am keeping an eye on this season. Hopefully the Pacers can keep this kind of play up.

I have to say that Blake Griffin and John Wall are playing out of their minds right now. For two people that young with no pro experience it's scary to imagine how good they are going to be later on in the season. In other news Kobe is still a beast and Lebron still isn't touching him.

They're both playing well, but Wall still turns it over way too much and Griffin really doesn't have a game outside of 10 feet or so. Don't get me wrong, I still love the way they're playing, but a lot of what they're doing is just pure athleticism at this point. I can't even imagine what they'll be in a few years.

Ok its really hard right now to get back to other sports like the NBA after being consumed by the Giants and the aftermath of their title win. I'm slowly easing back in and have noticed that the Lakers are undefeated so far this season, albeit at 5-0. They're going to play great basketball, with Kobe on a mission (when isn't he?) to show he's still the best. Its a long season but should be fun.

And Big, what's up with the Pistons? I didn't have them making the playoffs but I know there have been a few who did. And I know its completely early to be talking about missing the playoffs, but they're not looking too good. I also heard about Stuckey not going back into a game when he was called on twice to do so. What's happening over there?

And Big, what's up with the Pistons? I didn't have them making the playoffs but I know there have been a few who did. And I know its completely early to be talking about missing the playoffs, but they're not looking too good. I also heard about Stuckey not going back into a game when he was called on twice to do so. What's happening over there?

They had a 7 point lead with 1:30 left against the Nets and blew it. They were up 1 point on the Thunder with 8 seconds left and blew it. They were up 17 in the 3rd against the Bulls and blew it. They are 1-5 but should probably be 4-2. As far as Stuckey goes, a lot of the players are upset with John Kuester he just showed it in the wrong way.

My Pacers have looked above average so far this season. Such a nice thing to see them above 500 for the first time in awhile. I don't even give a shit if it is only a 2-1 record. Danny Granger has been dynamite, especially from three point range so far. And, Roy Hibbert has been showing his improved skills so far. He has been good from the free throw line, his mid range game has improved, his close game is better, his rebounding is good so far and he has just improved nicely from a season ago. He is definitely a guy I am keeping an eye on this season. Hopefully the Pacers can keep this kind of play up.

The Pacers are a great team to watch, so much young talent on that team. Danny Granger is one of the most underrated players in the league, and I fucking love Hibbert, he is just way to athletic for his size. They also have a few guys like Brandon Rush and Lance Stephenson, and maybe even Darren Collison who could all be great players some day.

I have to say that Blake Griffin and John Wall are playing out of their minds right now. For two people that young with no pro experience it's scary to imagine how good they are going to be later on in the season.

Hell yea, both these guys are future superstars, to think that they haven't even come close to reaching their potential is crazy. Griffin is averaging a double double, and Wall is just barely missing the cut by .5 assissts. I say Griffin will take Rookie of the year though.

In other news Kobe is still a beast and Lebron still isn't touching him

Definitley disagree here, Kobe is still one of the best players in the world, but LeBron is the best player in the world. There's a reason he won 2 MVP awards in a row. His stats may drop just because he has 2 other great scorers, but he'll make up for it with all the titles he'll win.

Also, my two teams, the Nuggets and the Thunder have both been looking pretty good, especially OKC. Durant is a beast, possibly the best pure scorer in the league, and Westbrook is quickly emerging as one of the top 5 PG's in the NBA, 22 points and 6 assists is very good.

Jeff Green has blossomed this year, averaging 19 points a game, and guys like Serge Ibaka, Cole Aldrich and Nenad Kristic gives them that size they need down low, and Ibaka is an absolute monster on defense. The Thunder are very deep, and definite contenders in the West.

The Nuggets are in the same place it seems they are every year, a great offensive team who just can't compete against the best the West has to offer.

Very impressed with The Lakers so far this was a team that was expected to start off slow due to Bynums injury and Kobe's off season knee surgery. Steve Blake and Matt Barnes have each been great signings and have each come up big this year after struggling to find a rhythm in pre-season. Lamar Odom has played great this year as well but Pau Gasol has been a beast. Gasol leads the team in scoring and he's getting a double double every night, last night against Portland he had a triple double I honestly am starting to think he may be the best big man in the league all around. The real shocker is The Hornets. Cp3 has been ballin as expected but David West has been nearly perfect he's shooting at about 75% from the field right now and the addition of Trevor Ariza has worked out nicely.

Like a jackass, I just posted this in last year's thread. Whoops. Thought some of you guys might wanna hear my opinion.

Went to the Hawks/Suns game last night. Gotta say, although the Hawks struggled through the first half, they came out shooting in the 2nd. Hope it's not too early to say this, but Larry Drew as thew new head coach is doing some good things. It's nice to see a coach actually stand up and coach instead of just merely existing on the side. Joe Johnson and Al Horford had monster games yesterday, both getting 30 points. Al's 5th straight double double. Hopefully they can put it on against Orlando tonight. But the combination of the Hawks on the road, two days in a row, and of course, the Magic, have me skeptical. But, hopefully, it should be an awesome game.

The Pacers scored 54 points in the third quarter tonight. That is the 4th or 5th highest amount of points scored in a single quarter in NBA history. Very impressive performance. Mike Dunleavy, who I do not like all that much, went off. Same goes for Darrin Collison and Tyler Hansborough. The whole team really did a great job and made me really happy to be a Pacers fan. If they can play like this the rest of the season then there is no doubt in my mind that they can land a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs. They completely destroyed the Nuggets 144 to 113, however they do need to work on their defense.

This is a different Lakers team. How different? The Lakers turned out their worst performance of the season. The T Wolves came with their best. Should be a loss right? Not this season. The Lakers still pulled out the win and are 8-0 for the 3rd time in their history. This team is so much more better than last year's. This has to do with adding those two key players-Blake and Barnes. Blake has done his thing on the perimeter, and Barnes has been a huge addition for our defense. There are now comparisions with the great Bulls team that won 72 games. I'm not sure about that yet. We need to see more. But if they continue to play at this high level, they could do some great things.

The Heat are struggling right now. They lost 112-107 and it wasn't as close as the score suggest. Ray Allen went off for 35 points, hitting his first 7 3 pointers. Pierce had 25, and Rondo added 16 assists. The Celtics looks good, and I know I underestimated them. Yes, its early but this team looks to be serious contenders again, despite their age. As for the Heat, I don't know what their problem is. Wade said they were the best 5-4 team. I don't know about that. It may be that they just need more time to gel, but they need to get it together. No, they're not in danger of missing the playoffs or anything like that. But the problem is the Celtics look so much more better, much more dominant than the Heat. Its early, but there is a cause for concern.

It'll certainly take quite some time before the Heat get it together. Once they get Mike Miller back and start to learn each other's tendencies I'll think they'll improve. Still, I've seen no reason to believe that they're better than the Celtics, who just look awesome this year. Rondo is improved, Allen looks the best he has in years, and they're deeper than ever.

If the Heat want to be actual contenders, Bosh has to stop playing like such a pussy. There really is no reason to call it the Big 3 after watching Bosh play this year. He stinks.

It'll certainly take quite some time before the Heat get it together. Once they get Mike Miller back and start to learn each other's tendencies I'll think they'll improve. Still, I've seen no reason to believe that they're better than the Celtics, who just look awesome this year. Rondo is improved, Allen looks the best he has in years, and they're deeper than ever.

I agree with you. They need time, but Boston looks real good this year. I remember when Doc talked about keeping this team together for one more final run and laughing at it. I thought these guys were too old and wouldn't be able to duplicate their success because of the improvements other teams around them were making. But as you said, this team is just deep, and with improved play from Allen and Rondo just getting better, they just might make that final run.

General Disarray said:
If the Heat want to be actual contenders, Bosh has to stop playing like such a pussy. There really is no reason to call it the Big 3 after watching Bosh play this year. He stinks.

I've always felt that Bosh was extremely overrated. He did nothing of note in Toronto, save for some games where he put up decent numbers. The only reason I thought he would be good in Miami was because he didn't have to be the main guy. He would be the #3 guy at best. Even that hasn't improved his play. He's a solid player at best, but not worthy of the superstar title he's been given. I'm sure he'll come around and start helping this team out, but he won't be what everyone expected.

Yea, the Celtics have managed to seemingly improve their team again, mainly due to Rondo being the best PG in the NBA, and my early season MVP. Allen just looks phenomenal, he looks like a young buck again, and Marquis Daniels, Glenn Davis, and Nate Robinson are all great young'ns coming off the bench, the Celtics are still a very formidable team in the East.

But, I think the Heat will be the better team by the time the playoffs begin, Spoelstra just needs to find the proper offensive formula for this team, just get the offense running smoothly, and they'll be damn near unstoppable. Their defense is already fantastic, and with all the great scorers they have, I doubt it'll take long to figure out a system fitting for the Heat.

The ECF will be damn fun to watch, that's for sure.

I've always felt that Bosh was extremely overrated. He did nothing of note in Toronto, save for some games where he put up decent numbers. The only reason I thought he would be good in Miami was because he didn't have to be the main guy. He would be the #3 guy at best. Even that hasn't improved his play. He's a solid player at best, but not worthy of the superstar title he's been given. I'm sure he'll come around and start helping this team out, but he won't be what everyone expected.

I'm sorry, but this statement is just foolish. 20-10 guys are fucking cherished in the NBA, and the dude averaged 20-10 (points, rebounds) 4 different years, and had a few other years where he averaged just under 20-10, so yea, he definitley did more then put up decent numbers in Toronto, and if you were to look at his stats in Toronto, you'd be foolish to think he doesn't deserve the title of "superstar" there's a reason why he's a 5 time all star, and was so hyped coming into Miami.

I say give the Heat more time, Spoelstra (even though I think he's an idiot) will find a way to get this team going offensively, and when they do, it'll be an absolute treat to watch.

The problem with Chris Bosh is that the Heat are trying to make him an inside presence, when the fact of the matter is that he's a perimeter forward. Always has been, and most likely always will be. He just cannot play with his back to the basket. He needs the ball face-up on the perimeter to make things happen for himself, and until Miami realizes that, he will not be the offensive contributor they were hoping him to be.

I know Miami needs an inside presence badly, but you can't force these types of things, especially with a talent like Bosh. Let him play his game, and I promise you'll see much better results from him.

I'm sorry, but this statement is just foolish. 20-10 guys are fucking cherished in the NBA, and the dude averaged 20-10 (points, rebounds) 4 different years, and had a few other years where he averaged just under 20-10, so yea, he definitley did more then put up decent numbers in Toronto, and if you were to look at his stats in Toronto, you'd be foolish to think he doesn't deserve the title of "superstar" there's a reason why he's a 5 time all star, and was so hyped coming into Miami.

I said he was solid, and 20-10 is solid. But what the fuck did he do for that Toronto team? Any playoff series wins? LeBron took a terrible team to the Finals. Kobe took a young, inexperienced Lakers team- with no one on that team of note- to the playoffs in a tough Western Conference and almost beat the Suns. Yea, Bosh may put up some stats but the guy is overrated and you're not going to convince me otherwise. "Superstars" do more than just put up good numbers. He didn't do shit for Toronto.

Without Bosh Toronto was/is nothing. He carried the team to some decent seasons without much help. With that said, Bosh isn't a superstar player. He is a very good player but there's a line between very good and super stardom. I mean guys like Scottie Pippen and Joe Dumars weren't superstars but they made hall of fame careers by still being very good players.

If you can't carry an average team to the playoffs, especially in the East, you can't be considered a "superstar." There are only a few of them in a league and Bosh is not one of them, which is why the whole notion of a Big 3 isn't as accurate as Big 2 featuring the musical stylings of Chris Bosh.

jmt said it best, Bosh is a perimiter guy, but the Heat have no other big men, so he has to take on that role, which he really can't. I think that's why they're struggling a little. Essentially, their 3 top players are all the same, wing/slasher types.

Have to agree, Bosh is going to have to settle into his role as a roleplayer with the Heat. He is a great player, no question. Clearly he wouldn't have won a title with Toronto by himself. I was surprised they didn't do better last season with him, Calderon and Turkoglu, but I digress. Personally, I don't think they'll have any chance of winning a title without some depth from the bench, but I guess that's not really what the discussion is about.

Well actually Big Sexy. Scottie Pippen is a superstar. He is named in the 50 greatest players of all time. He got Jordan six rings ( vica versa), he made the point forward position and didn't pretty fantastic when Jordan left for a year.

Anyways onto real news. Lakers had a great start, then loss 2 games they should have one. The game we lost against Denver, Lakers weren't playing there style of basketball. The game against the Suns was just a freak show though. I mean they did defend some shots. But you gotta always be on your toes when your playing a good three point shooting team in the Suns.

Also I bet nobody is taking a look at the Spurs. They are 8-1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back