• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2008-09 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will, believe it or not, I actually read everything and I agree with you on almost everything. On a side note, my Niners are on the right path finally it seems and I believe that they should keep both Singletary and Hill because those two guys are actually respected. The Niners are not that far off from being a decent team hell I could see with a few more changes we could be back to being what we used to be; winners. I do think that they should draft a Quarterback or a good offensive lineman. I do not think Frank Gore is as great as you say he is. He is not our best player on offense, I believe Issac Bruce is. Gore does good at Candlestick and against West teams but he sucks against everyone else and the Niners need to find ways to open more holes for him to run through or he needs to be more creative. Martz and Singletary do not have any problems that I am aware of. They are working well together seemingly. The Niners could easily be 7-7 instead of 5-9 (losses to Arizona and Philadelphia that they could have won). Hell they could probably be 9-5 because they lost two other games (one vs Arizona at the start) and one at New Orleans that they should have won. But back then of course, they had JT O'Sullivan fumbling the ball and throwing picks on a daily basis. The fact of the matter is that the Niners are finally heading on the right path and I think that they will finally be better next year.

This year, I believe that the Colts and Panthers are the hottest teams right now and Carolina has really impressed me after struggling earlier this year. The Patriots are also impressing me after they have been playing so well lately (I dont count the Steelers game). The Steelers are the best team in the AFC but I believe that they will struggle against the Colts. They already did earlier this year. The Steelers best bet to winning in the playoffs is getting off to good starts and etasblishing a lead early. They cannot come from behind every week, it wont work. The Colts do have a respectable defense that will not just let anyone score in the 4th quarter. In the NFC, the Giants are still a threat but they are falling fast which leads me to believe that they will not repeat this season.

Will, believe it or not, I actually read everything and I agree with you on almost everything. On a side note, my Niners are on the right path finally it seems and I believe that they should keep both Singletary and Hill because those two guys are actually respected. The Niners are not that far off from being a decent team hell I could see with a few more changes we could be back to being what we used to be; winners. I do think that they should draft a Quarterback or a good offensive lineman. I do not think Frank Gore is as great as you say he is. He is not our best player on offense, I believe Issac Bruce is. Gore does good at Candlestick and against West teams but he sucks against everyone else and the Niners need to find ways to open more holes for him to run through or he needs to be more creative. Martz and Singletary do not have any problems that I am aware of. They are working well together seemingly. The Niners could easily be 7-7 instead of 5-9 (losses to Arizona and Philadelphia that they could have won). Hell they could probably be 9-5 because they lost two other games (one vs Arizona at the start) and one at New Orleans that they should have won. But back then of course, they had JT O'Sullivan fumbling the ball and throwing picks on a daily basis. The fact of the matter is that the Niners are finally heading on the right path and I think that they will finally be better next year.

I believe in that division your Niners won't have to try very hard to improve to the point of winning it. However I still strongly believe something will need to be done if they expect to get beyond that division, into the playoffs. (Afterall, the Rams, Cards and Seahawks can't all make the playoffs. LOL)

I like Hill, but I'm not sold on him. I think that could be because he has unreliable targets though. Bruce is having a tremendous season, but will he be back? I think he will for another year, but he isn't getting younger and sooner or later they'll need to think about the future. (again)

Gore is a power back, but needs a nice compliment to him. Foster is good, but not great. He has more than his fair share of injury issues, and not to mention Fumble problems. I think this year's draft could produce something great for the Niners depending on how they take it.

Tebow is looking at the draft, but if that happens I firmly believe he'll become a Lion. If not Tebow, then likely Graham Harrell, (sp?) however if Harrell could fall he might be what SF needs. I think another WR is more to their taste though.

This year, I believe that the Colts and Panthers are the hottest teams right now and Carolina has really impressed me after struggling earlier this year.

Carolina at 11-3 still could miss the playoffs right now, and that more than anything annoys the shit outta me. If Tampa Bay, Atlanta & Dallas win-out (which is entirely possible) and Carolina loses out (NY & NO on the road) then they'll miss the post-season.

I'm proud that Carolina's RB duo has become the top tandem in the league, but Delhomme is still a bit shakey. It's riding on his shoulders where we go, because he can throw the game away for us if our Defense allows quick scores which cause us to go to a passing attack.

The Colts I firmly believe are going to the Superbowl again, they're getting hot nicely, but if they face the Steelers I just don't think they can win again.

The Patriots are also impressing me after they have been playing so well lately (I dont count the Steelers game).

I never fell off believing New England could become a threat. Brady/Smady.. it's the Head Coach that finds winners, and Cassel is what I'd classify as a winner. He's not by any means a Hall of Fame QB right now, or possibly ever.. but he's a lot better than some that're headed to the playoffs as it stands.

The Steelers are the best team in the AFC but I believe that they will struggle against the Colts. They already did earlier this year. The Steelers best bet to winning in the playoffs is getting off to good starts and etasblishing a lead early. They cannot come from behind every week, it wont work.

Pittsburgh at home will be incredibly hard to beat, and I don't think there is anyway possible that Tennessee will beat them, which means the Steelers will be sitting nicely throughout.

In the NFC, the Giants are still a threat but they are falling fast which leads me to believe that they will not repeat this season.

New York is in disarray (sp?) without Plax. They don't wanna say so, and with Jacobs coming back this Sunday to help clinch homefield throughout, we'll see just how good the Giants WILL be.. but here's the thing..

I think New York would've faired better leaving Jacobs a "mystery" until the playoffs, then risking showing their full hand (so to speak) this early. If they lock-up homefield it'll help, but not a great deal. And worse, Carolina's Defense is hard-hitting when they wanna be.. so they risk hurting Jacobs all over again, which could happen.

EDIT: For the record, I AM extremely scared for Sunday's game against New York. I think if Carolina loses, they risk losing a lot more than a playoff spot. I think they lose ALL of their momentum heading into the playoffs.

If we can win though, we might get overly cocky and still end up losing in the 2nd round. So it's a tough call. A win, regardless, and especially homefield throughout with being undefeated at home already would definately be a great thing. I'm just a bit worried if it'll happen come Sunday's road game.

The Real Deal:

So with Sunday's slate of game's over and done with, the N.F.L. Playoff Picture has become a bit more clear, and a bit more complicated. I'll break down the teams that've already clinched and the teams that still have a chance.

A.F.C.:

#1. Seed/South Division Winners: Tennessee Titans: With a win over Pittsburgh, in Tennessee, the Titans clinch home-field throughout the playoffs. Now dispite being at home, I believe this was an underdog victory for the top A.F.C. team coming in.

Pittsburgh has been playing Playoff style Football, and I'm unsure what the issue was with this game. It seemed very hard-hitting and smash-mouth with a small score for the beginning of the game, however when it was all said and done.. Tennessee rolled to the tune of 31-14. I haven't had a chance to watch the game fully, but from the reply I've seen it looks like a 4th down turned to a TD helped Tennessee pretty much shell-shock the Steelers.

The question that should be on everyone's mind is.. does this finally make Tennesee "for real"? Well, the fact is they aren't the #1 overall Seed by defeating an END-LESS amount of pathetic teams.. but once again, it's not like they had a tremendously tough schedule either. They've still got losses to New York (Jets) and Houston (Texans) on their card and that makes them very shakey.

Pittsburgh has had to contend with Baltimore on their heels all season long, and while some could say the Titans had the Colts.. it wasn't nearly as close as you'd think. Meanwhile, the Steelers have also had tougher match-ups than the Titans, so with that said.. I still believe, even at the first overall seed.. Tennessee still isn't the best team in the A.F.C.

This was a great victory for them, regardless of what I believe the team is overall. And this will no doubt boost their morale into the Playoffs, even IF they drop a game to Indy, which at this point could happen since Tennessee doesn't have anything to play for and they need to rest some injured players.

None-the-less, I firmly and strongly believe that once Tennessee does host their first Playoff game in the 2nd round.. they'll fall. Until they defeat a team like Baltimore or Indianapolis IN the playoffs.. it's just unknown on if they're fully the real deal. Now, in 3 weeks time we'll know and I'll be the first to say "They're the real deal" if they can do that. Until then, they're at best only the 2nd or even 3rd best team in the A.F.C.

#2. Seed/North Division Winners: Pittsburgh Steelers: As mentioned earlier, with a loss to Tennessee the Steelers gave up homefield throughout and shocked a lot of people. Does this hurt them? Absolutely.. but not greatly. You see, I've always known Pittsburgh for being one very dominate thing.. a great road team. Some teams would thrive off homefield throughout, but Pittsburgh likely doesn't care.

It would no doubt help Pittsburgh to have homefield throughout in a cold and wintery weather setting in Pittsburgh, but that just won't be happening, without a Titans loss in the 2nd round.

The Steelers clinched their division with the 2nd victory over Baltimore a week or so back. And with the lack of opponent's in the West, and the fight in the East, they've also clinched a first-round bye.

Now, I mentioned in my review that I believed Pittsburgh to be the best team in the A.F.C., but after Sunday's loss, I'm no longer even confident that they are. The loss to the Titans hurt them greatly, and when you factor that in with the ways they've won a couple very close games to Baltimore and Dallas.. Pittsburgh has been coasting by a couple weeks making people think they're a lot greater than they're playing.

Sometimes people often believe that a team tries to "elude" their post-season (possible) opponents, by not playing to their full potential. (Broncos believing the Colts were soft in the 03-04 season) The VERY FIRST THING that leaps out at me when thinking about that Broncos game, when looking at the Steelers.. is what LenDale White did regarding the "Terrible Towel". If that doesn't fire up a Steeler after a loss, then I don't know what will.

Pittsburgh's worst future-istic out-look could be a third game against the Baltimore Ravens, or a match-up against the Indianapolis Colts. Think back to Dallas/New York last year, and how hard it is to truly defeat a division rival 3 times in the same season. Then think back to how the Colts defeated the Steelers when they were just starting to reclick. Now you have a Colts team that's red-hot, and a Baltimore Ravens team that's likely furious about the way they lost the 2nd game to Pittsburgh.. and you have 2 very dangerous Wildcard opponents. (assuming Baltimore clinches)

In the end, if Pittsburgh can manage to get by either of those teams (Indy/Bal.) then I believe firmly that they'll be in the Superbowl. I do NOT believe the Titans can upset the Steelers a second time. And I definately don't believe anyone from the West or East could defeat them either.

#3. Seed/East Division Leaders: Miami Dolphins: 1-15 a year ago, the Tuna has done it again. How is beyond me. Especially when you realize that in the end, he's just one person and realistically that isn't suppose to make your entire team Super-great. However, as in this case especially, it does.

I said it in my review, and I stand by what I said. Chad Pennington will single-handedly give every New York Jet fan the middle finger, on their way to the post-season. The Jets are so awful right now, and with Broadway continuing to weigh them down, they won't be making the post-season. I could be wrong, but a major turnaround would have to factor into it being wrong.

The major question on my mind is.. WHAT makes this Dolphins team click so well, that it's carrying them to the post-season. The answer? The fact that they're a well rounded (not great) Football team. No one individual is responsible for this success.

You have Pennington helping by not turning the ball over. You have Williams and Brown helping in running down opponent's throats. You have the Defense (lead by Joey Porter) holding opponent's big-time, and you have a young core group of individuals all filling in the middle, helping when they can, where they can. That's what makes this team a very dangerous opponent, but still very "green".

The first thing that hurts the Dolphins right now is the fact that they'll likely be facing the Baltimore Ravens in the post-season/Wildcard. While Miami will be at home, that isn't exactly a helping factor. Baltimore's Defense is a LOT greater than Miami's, and Baltimore's offense is very underrated and explosive. The last time these two teams met, the Ravens shutdown the "Wild-cat" and went on to win. In this case, I think history will repeat.

Regardless, I'm a band-wagon Dolphin fan, just because of how well this team has turned around. It amazes me beyond anything, outside of what Atlanta's doing. (more on that later) The only question is.. will this year's Dolphin's show up again next year?

#4. Seed/West Division Leaders: Denver Broncos: The only reason I'm even mentioning this team is because "on paper" they're still "in". But in one week's time, they won't be.. I'm very sure of that, and I couldn't be happier about it.

As a Panther fan, I could lothe several division teams. (Atl., NO., TB.) And I could also dispise the Pats for our Superbowl loss.. but as a Football fan in general, the Denver Broncos are the single most dispised team by me in my book.. because of their big mouth'd QB and WR.

This team as a whole is horrible. Their Defense sucks due to injury, and even if they weren't injured I still believe they wouldn't be great. Their offense is lacking a RB, and they've went through more RBs than any 2 other N.F.L. teams this year.. yet their star WR and QB still manage to run their mouth's about how great they are.. what the fuck?!

Joey Porter was right. Brandon Marshall is a baby. When he gets the ball, he thinks he's God's greatest gift.. and when he doesn't, he refuses to believe it was because of anything he did or didn't do. Meanwhile, Cutler at some point between last year and this year fell out of a tree and hit his head one too many times.. because the stupid kid believes he's greater than half the Hall of Fame QBs out there.

Denver faces a semi-hit San Diego team, but more importantly they face them IN San Diego, and they face a team that is majorly STILL pissed off about Week 2's controversial loss. Denver will need a miracle and more to get out of S.D. alive and in the post-season. I DO NOT believe it'll happen.

#5. Seed/Wildcard: Indianapolis Colts: The Colts are on a major winning streak right now, and that's pushed them into a Wildcard spot. This is the first time in several years they haven't clinched their division, but they're still a Post-season team that's dangerous.. possibly even more so than their Division winners.

I believe Indianapolis will face either Denver or San Diego in the Wildcard. If it's Denver, by some twist of fate, I think it'll be a repeat of the 03-04 match-up that Indy rolled Denver in. If it's San Diego then Indy could face some issues, especially since earlier this season SD rolled and still holds heat toward Indy.

While the Colts are red-hot right now, I don't believe they're as big of a threat as some would consider. I could be contradicting myself right now because I did say the Colts were a threat, earlier, but the fact is.. they've had a lot of up-and-down issues, including almost losing to Jacksonville. (Granted, that was a divisional game)

I do believe if the Colts running game can get on track, and their Defense can stiffin' up in the post-season that the Colts could make a run at the Superbowl. However, everything depends on how Peyton plays. I can see them moving beyond the Wildcard, but I'm unsure about anything beyond that.

#6. Seed/Wildcard: Baltimore Ravens: I want to believe in Baltimore as a post-season team, but I'm still just iffy at best. Their Defense is on-again/off-again from year to year. This year they seem to be "on-again" but the question is.. is this a very of last year's Jacksonville Jags?

The Ravens' offense is clicking and they did confidently defeat a hot Dallas team, in their very last home game in that dome. Just like the Colts, I firmly believe Baltimore can manage it's way to a 2nd round playoff spot by defeating Miami or whomever their Wildcard opponent may be.. however from their I'm unsure what to think.

The Ravens barely lost to Pittsburgh and Tennessee, but they still lost and that's always key. I do NOT believe Pittsburgh can defeat Baltimore for a 3rd straight time in the same season.. however I don't think Baltimore will face Pittsburgh, I think they'll face Tennessee. With that said, the Titans rallied to come back and win earlier this year.. and with the confidence they'll have going into the post-season, it all depends on which Defense holds more.

Still Alive:

1. San Diego Chargers: While they have the best chance of any of the "Still Alive" teams to make the Playoffs, the fact is.. the Chargers are NOT a playoff caliber team. Their offense has been shakey at best, and their Defense has fallen off the map.

The Chargers in my mind will firmly make the Playoffs, if for no other reason than redemption over Denver. But once in, it'll be Indy or Baltimore and either of those teams can definately roll a roller-coaster Chargers team.

Phillip Rivers is a very underrated QB, especially with what he has to work with. He should've made the Pro-Bowl over Favre, but due to lack of name, he didn't. I have no clue what's happened to L.T., but my guess is the line is falling apart and his bulldozer (Neal) has left the team to join Baltimore.

The WRs are hot and cold. Chambers was more than happy to get away from Miami, and now I question if he wonders if he made the correct choice. Meanwhile, Jackson has shown flashes of greatness but is still mysterious in appearance from game to game. Finally, Gates is having one of his worst seasons ever due to injury or age, either/or. All of that makes it hard to put faith in this team to do anything, including barely beat Denver. (albeit I'd still put everything in believing they will do that)

2. New England Patriots: The irony of this entire set-up is the fact that selective things have to go selective ways. In order for New England to make the playoffs, they must win and hope that the Dolphins lose.

Regardless of where they finish or how, and 11-5 without making the post-season IS possible. One thing is for sure.. Matt Cassel is going to be a HOT Free Agent. The only issue is, is it Cassel's talent, or Bill's teaching??

New England has come a very long way from Week One and the loss of Tom Brady. That's what amazes me the most about this Coaching staff and this Franchise. They just replace greatness with durable-ness. This team is everything it's fans believe it is, and I'm definately NOT a Pats. fan. :lmao: But I'm not stupid/naive either.

Wes Welker is a huge boost to this team, and Moss doing what he's always done helps a lot as well. The shear fact that this Defense is doing what it's doing, with as many stars as it's lost is the big underlining story that many don't notice though. And in the end, unfortunately, New England is NOT in control of it's own Destiny. Sadly, all because of how awful the Jets are.. I don't think New England will make the post-season, but not because of anything they'll do in Week 17, instead because of everything the Jets WON'T do.

3. New York Jets: Continuing with the irony of the set-up to get in. Not only do the Jets have to win over the Dolphins, but they have to hope the Patriots can lose. Out of everything, this is a double edged sword that is going to kill New York either way it goes in.

First, it's highly unlikely that New England loses with as good as they've been playing. Second, as I've been saying for a while now.. Chad Pennington has a grudge, it might not be television "big" or noticable.. but I guarantee he'd love nothing more than to be the reason why this team fails and his new team makes it.

The incredibly bad outlook here is.. New York can NOT win on Favre's arm. Yet they won't (likely) be able to run against a tough Miami Defense. New York's Defense will need to somehow pull out the victory in order for the Jets to have any luck, and the plus side to that is.. they'll be facing their former QB, so they should know most of what he's capable of doing.

Regardless, in the end.. Denver has a greater chance of making it to the Superbowl, than the Jets do of making it to the Post-season.

Will you make some valid points. Lets review.

The Titans proved once and for all that they are for real. I hate itn when guys say that Pittsburgh had a "bad game" when they lose but when the Titans lose, they are shaky (cough Brian Becker cough). The Titans outplayed the Steelers on this game. In fact the Steelers have done well on the road for as long as I can remember EXCEPT when they played at tennessee. The Titans even own a playoff win over the Steelers. I remember these things. The fact of the matter is that the Titans were desperate to prove to all of us that they were for real and they did that.

The Steelers are for real. They just ran into a Titans team that wanted the home field much more. I would agree with you about the 3 times division thing but keep in mind, that was the Dallas Cowboys. They are known CHOKE ARTISTS. Go back a few years before the Eagles got really good and rolled to several division titles. I am talking 2001. The Giants swept the Eagles in the season series and then won the playoff game. The Steelers have done well against the Ravens this year but have barely won both games. Flip a coin, it could go either way.

The Dolphins are a great team this year and I am very impressed with how they have done but one thing is worrisome. They have a date at the Meadowlands with the Jets. Will, they have only beaten the Jets once in the last 8 meetings at the Meadowlands. And Twice in the last 12 times. The Jets currently have a 4 game winning streak against the Dolphins at home(Look it up). That is pure dominance and even Marino struggled at the Meadowlands. It will be a harder game than you think but I do agree, I believe that they will end the curse. The Jets own the Dolphins currently at the Meadowlands as much as the Pats own the Jets at the Meadowlands (currently 7-0 there since 2000)

The Broncos.....What can I say? Horrible. They have blown winnable home games all year and deserve to get blown out of the playoffs next week. I am looking forward to San Diego making the playoffs (undeserved) and getting bounced from the first round.

The Colts are my curent playoff pick. I think that they will go all the way as Peyton is finding ways to win at all costs (on an unrelated note, I beat the Colts for the FIRST time ever in a Madden game, for some reason I have never beaten the Colts) They should win their finale, take out San Diego, upset the Titans (or Steelers) and then make mincemeat of their AFC Title foes. Their offense is back and defense has been steadily consistent.

The Ravens will make the playoffs (unless they choke against Jacksonville). They played amazing defense against the Cowboys and I believe that have the talent to win first round date with Miami.

The Patriots deserve to make the playoffs but probably will not. I actually enjoyed watching this team this year and have grown a very new found respect for the Patriots all over again. They are like a girl that dumps you and then takes you back and you cant help but like her no matter the crap shes done. Stupid analogy I know but what the hell.

The Jets are not going to make the playoffs! Take that Slyfox! You and your love for Brett Fucking Farve!

Will someone else post in this fucking thread? Anyways wildcard weekend is over and lets review, shall we?

Atlanta vs Arizona
-The Cards finally did what they had to do to go out and get a win. They ran the ball well and Warner passed the ball well with almost no pressure from the Falcons defense. I was most impressed with how they did on the defensive side of the ball. Aside from 2 bad penalties, the defense did a good job of reading the snap counts and making the plays. If they play defense like that, they can beat anyone. I was also impressed with the ball control in the 3rd quarter. It reminded me of how they beat my Niners in week 1.

Next week: At Carolina. They only lost 27-23 and were winning for most of the game so it is not like they cannot beat them. If Arizona beats the Panthers, it will be because they did all the things I listed above. But they have to run the ball efficiently.

Indianapolis vs San Diego
-Both teams played horrid offense except for Darren Sproles. That guy aside from the fumble did a good job of anchoring the Chargers after yet another injury slowed LaDamian Tomlinson down. It seems like the Chargers have found a quality running back. Do not let him get away like you did Michael Turner. The Colts played good defensively but stupid penalty calls were the end of them. Manning was not spectacular but he did throw for 2 touchdowns. We now know Manning does not like San Diego.

Next Week: The Chargers play at pittsburgh where they are 0-16 all time in regular season and 2-0 in postseason history. If they even want think of beating the Steelers, they have to get off to a strong start. They have to mix up their plays and put pressure on the Steleers and force them to pass the ball.

Baltimore vs Miami
-I respect Miami as much as the next guy but even I knew what was going to happen when these two mixed it up at Dolphin Stadium. This seems to be deja vu but you know the last time the Dolphins made the playoffs, they lost to the Ravens. Ravens did a great job defensively and not having ball control did not affect them so much as one would think. Their offense did a decent job managing the game but they need to let their defenses rest more or better offenses will evfentually score.

Next week: The Ravens head to Tennessee where they have to fix their ball control time possession stat. They need to mix their plays because the Titans are watching. A bit of history, the last time Ravens and Titans met in the playoffs at Tennessee, Ravens won.

Philadelphia vs Minnesota
-The Vikes dont have a quarterback. We all said it and it showed in this one as the Eagles had their way with them. So now it is back to basics. The Vikings could barely run the ball and the Eagles did not need to. McNabb seems to be back and better than ever. Good job on both sides of the ball.

Next week: The Eagles head to the Meadowlands where a pissed off Giants team will be waiting for them. In order to beat the Giants, you have to STOP THE RUNNING GAME. Force Eli to pass the ball. That is the only way!

Ravens vs Titans- I see the Ravens winning here. They played earlier this season and if it wasn't for a horrible roughing the passer penalty then Baltimore would have won. The Ravens are also a much improved team since then and I just can't see the Titans scoring against this Ravens defense.

Steelers vs Chargers- The Chargers Cinderella story comes to an end in Pittsburgh. The Steelers defense is too good and without LT I don't see the Chargers being able to win on the road.

Giants vs Eagles- Philly won the last meeting between the two and they will also win this one. No team is playing better then the Eagles and I see them pulling off the upset with Mcnabb and Westbrook both going off against the Giants.

Panthers vs Cardinals- By far the easiest game to predict. The Cardinals have no defense and they cannot win on the road. The Panthers will run and pass all over the Cards defense and Julius Peppers will reek havoc on Kurt Warner all day. It will be a double digit win for the Panthers.

Ravens vs Titans- I see the Ravens winning here. They played earlier this season and if it wasn't for a horrible roughing the passer penalty then Baltimore would have won. The Ravens are also a much improved team since then and I just can't see the Titans scoring against this Ravens defense.

Steelers vs Chargers- The Chargers Cinderella story comes to an end in Pittsburgh. The Steelers defense is too good and without LT I don't see the Chargers being able to win on the road.

Giants vs Eagles- Philly won the last meeting between the two and they will also win this one. No team is playing better then the Eagles and I see them pulling off the upset with Mcnabb and Westbrook both going off against the Giants.

Panthers vs Cardinals- By far the easiest game to predict. The Cardinals have no defense and they cannot win on the road. The Panthers will run and pass all over the Cards defense and Julius Peppers will reek havoc on Kurt Warner all day. It will be a double digit win for the Panthers.

Let me start by asking you, do you know that 3 of these 4 games have been played out in the playoffs before? The results? Ravens beat #1 Tennessee in 2000 on their way to the Super Bowl. Giants beat Eagles to complete a 3 sweep of the Eagles back in 2001 I believe. The Chargers beat the Steelers in a snow game in 1995 at Pittsburgh to go to Super Bowl 29 where my SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS beat them 49-26.

You really think Chargers cannot win without LT? Open your eyes man. LT is done! They have won without LT! If they lose this sunday, it will not be because of losing LT, it will be because of that damn good defense. Newflash, Chargers last eyar beat Indy on the road and came damn well close to beating New England on the road in worse temps. It is safe to say that San Diego knows how to play on the road. Weather wont be a factor. Whoevere plays a better all around game, defense, offense, special teams, WILL WIN.

I agree with you for the most part about the Ravens, like I said, 2000. But you never know in this league. The Titans have surprised a lot of ppl this year and if they can get hot early, they will win.

I agree about the Cards but the Panthers have not lost at home and the closest they came was to guess who? The Cardinals.

Giants are no cupcake. The Giants are going to pound the Eagles harder than last time. Whoever gets the lead first and through halftime will win the game. I can almost guarantee that.

Let me start by asking you, do you know that 3 of these 4 games have been played out in the playoffs before? The results? Ravens beat #1 Tennessee in 2000 on their way to the Super Bowl. Giants beat Eagles to complete a 3 sweep of the Eagles back in 2001 I believe. The Chargers beat the Steelers in a snow game in 1995 at Pittsburgh to go to Super Bowl 29 where my SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS beat them 49-26.

Yes I did know all of that, but results from 8,9, and 14 years ago are completely irrelevant.
You really think Chargers cannot win without LT? Open your eyes man. LT is done! They have won without LT!

They have won, but an 8 win season, 9 counting last week isn't exactly something to brag about. They just had the luxury of playing in one of the worst divisions in NFL history.
Whoevere plays a better all around game, defense, offense, special teams, WILL WIN.

Which will be Pittsburgh.

Giants are no cupcake. The Giants are going to pound the Eagles harder than last time. Whoever gets the lead first and through halftime will win the game. I can almost guarantee that.

I agree it's going to be a hard fought game, probably the toughest game in the playoffs thus far, but I believe that the way Philly is playing they have what it takes to get the job done in NY.

Philadelphia Eagles (11-6-1) vs Arizona Cardinals (11-7)
(Eagles will win if they can control the clock and keep Arizona's offense off the field. I would like to see if they can utilize their running game early. McNabb needs to be accurate as well if they hope to win in Arizona. Ball Control is important in this one as both teams have shown that they know how to hold onto the ball.

The Arizona Cardinals will win if they establish a joint running game early. Warner needs to connect with his other recievers because Fitzgerald will no doubt be double covered. I say go to Leanard Pope and Steve Breaston a couple times to take pressure off of Fitzgerald. Of course, if you get Boldin back, the better. They also need to stop the running game on defense.)

Your Pick:

Baltimore Ravens (13-5) vs Pittsburgh Steelers (13-4)
(The Ravens will win if they establish a running game early, easier said then done against the Steelers. The Ravens lost their 2 games against the Steelers because they could not execute towards the end of the game. They have to find a way to move the ball offensively and in cold weather which they have not had much of a problem with their last 2 games being in the south, but this time, the game will be in Pittsburgh. Also, they need to get to the quarterback if they even want to have a chance.

The Steelers will win if they can get a running game early to take pressure off of Big Ben. The Steelers thrive when they have posession of the ball as they displayed in the game against the Chargers. Therefore, what wotrks best is short passes on the different sides of the field because I guarantee you that Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs will be waiting to pick it off but if you can get it past Ray Lewis. You should be fine. They need to establish the same ball control they have shown recently.)

Your Pick:

Philadelphia Eagles (11-6-1) vs Arizona Cardinals (11-7)
(Eagles will win if they can control the clock and keep Arizona's offense off the field. I would like to see if they can utilize their running game early. McNabb needs to be accurate as well if they hope to win in Arizona. Ball Control is important in this one as both teams have shown that they know how to hold onto the ball.

The Arizona Cardinals will win if they establish a joint running game early. Warner needs to connect with his other recievers because Fitzgerald will no doubt be double covered. I say go to Leanard Pope and Steve Breaston a couple times to take pressure off of Fitzgerald. Of course, if you get Boldin back, the better. They also need to stop the running game on defense.)

Your Pick:

Easily the better game of the two that'll happen this Sunday. Why? Because it's likely to be a high-scoring affair, with either team being capable of coming out on top. (not that the Ravens/Steelers game won't be similar)

I think this match-up does two things, both good and bad for the N.F.C. One one hand, it's amazing that each of these teams were considered flat dead in the water heading into the Playoffs, with the Eagles barely even being an after-thought of making them. Suddenly, one of them will be in the Superbowl after Sunday.

That's the good thing. It makes the N.F.L. truly original, and the theory of "Any Given Sunday" absolutely sticks out.

The bad thing is.. Hardly anyone gives a shit. Outside of die-hard overall N.F.L. fans, Philly or Arizona fans.. noone is caring right now about this game.

Infact, as a die-hard Carolina fan, I would likely be skipping it all together, because I'm still sick over the fact that we completely blew it. But the truthful fact is.. I'm a die-hard overall N.F.L. fan just the same, and because of that.. I honestly now want Arizona to win more than Philly.

McNabb and the Eagles are overbearing whiners. If it's not one dramatic issue, it's another. What's more, this is a town with a bunch of whiny little bitches. "Oh, I hate my team they never win the Superbowl". Well, how the fuck do you think people in Arizona feel? At least Philly makes the fucking playoffs every 3rd season. And in the division they're in, that's damn well impressive enough.

I think the Eagles' defense is going to completely perform better than both Atlanta & Carolina. Because of that, I do NOT expect Fitzy to randomly be found for over 150 yds. & a TD, especially without Boldin. (That still pisses me off)

Arizona's running attack won't be a surprise anymore. As a result, they'll fall early. My prediction is that Philly wins by a score of around 35-24.

Baltimore Ravens (13-5) vs Pittsburgh Steelers (13-4)
(The Ravens will win if they establish a running game early, easier said then done against the Steelers. The Ravens lost their 2 games against the Steelers because they could not execute towards the end of the game. They have to find a way to move the ball offensively and in cold weather which they have not had much of a problem with their last 2 games being in the south, but this time, the game will be in Pittsburgh. Also, they need to get to the quarterback if they even want to have a chance.

The Steelers will win if they can get a running game early to take pressure off of Big Ben. The Steelers thrive when they have posession of the ball as they displayed in the game against the Chargers. Therefore, what wotrks best is short passes on the different sides of the field because I guarantee you that Ed Reed and Terrell Suggs will be waiting to pick it off but if you can get it past Ray Lewis. You should be fine. They need to establish the same ball control they have shown recently.)

Your Pick:

While I like Baltimore, and it's incredibly hard to win 3 straight(ish) games against a division rival.. I honestly believe Pittsburgh has this in the bag. Why? Because of the following reasons..

Joe Flacco is a rookie. He's become a good QB for the Ravens, but in the end, he's playing a Defense that will force him to throw, because they'll completely shut-down the run and literally beg him to beat them through the air.

Ultimately, that's where I believe the Ravens will fail as well. Baltimore won't be able to run on Pittsburgh, and their one solid WR is nursing a seperated shoulder. One good hit from a Steeler DB and he's likely sitting on the bench. Especially in nasty weather, which it could be.

On the flip side, Willie Parker is suddenly healthy?! While this could be a trick, if he infact IS healthy.. he matches speed with Chris Johnson, who flat-out would've single handedly gave the Ravens a one-way ticket out of the playoffs a week ago.

If Parker can run healthy and quick, then Pittsburgh needs to ride him to the Superbowl. I would NOT rest my franchise on it's franchise QB. Why? Because Big Ben isn't Super-Human and will make mistakes, especially against a division rival that is likely going to be more ready than ever to face him.

My pick is Pittsburgh, by a score of around 20-10.

Eagles vs Cardinals- I still can't believe Arizona made it this far. They beat an overrated Atlanta team and then they got the victory over Carolina because Jake Delhomme played one of the worst games in NFL history. Philly has great corners that will be able to slow down the Arizona passing game and Mcnabb and Westbrook will have a field day against the Cards defense. Philly wins it 27-17.

Ravens vs Steelers- The hardest thing for a team to do is beat another team 3 times in a season and that is what the Steelers have to try to do. The Steelers haven't really been tested by a good team for a few weeks so it will be a big step up in competition for them. I think that Rothlesberger will turn the ball over a few times and I believe that Flacco will make just enough plays to help his defense out. Ravens win it 17-14.

Any hope that Carolina had of signing Pro Bowl defensive end Julius Peppers to a long-term contract extension is being sacked.

Peppers’ agent, Carl Carey, said this weekend that his client will not sign a long-term deal with the Panthers this offseason — or ever – and that his client prefers to move on to a team for which he can make the leap from great player to elite one. The Panthers are aware of Peppers’ demands, and they want him to remain in Carolina for the remainder of his career.

Peppers’ contract expired after the 2008 season, and he is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent when the signing period opens Feb. 27.

“He feels strongly that he needs to make a change to make that leap,” Carey said of Peppers, who turns 29 on Sunday.

Peppers prefers to play with a new team, in a new city, perhaps one that uses a 3-4 scheme that would better serve his skills.

Now, part of the mystery surrounding Peppers’ future in Carolina has been solved: There does not seem to be much of one.

This leaves Carolina in a dilemma. It still can slap its franchise tag on Peppers, but there is a risk the defensive end will not sign it, and the Panthers will have $16.7 million counting against their salary cap. Plus, Panthers offensive tackle Jordan Gross also is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, and Carolina cannot slap a franchise tag on both players.

It’s one or the other, and Peppers does not want to stay.

This is being reported on nfl.com, along side the Jon Gruden firing. Personally, I think this is outrageous and complete shit. This is what happens when a Player's head overloads his talent and ability.

I'm not saying Peppers isn't one of the better Defensive Ends out there, he's amazing. But he's going into his 30's within a year or two, and outside of this season.. he's truly been on a downward spiral for a bit. I think Peppers needs to take whatever deal Carolina offers him, especially if it's a sizeable amount of money.. because in retrospect, not a lot of other teams may have the sizeable amounts of cash to offer him, for such a risky pick-up.

On the flip-side, Carolina could flat-out piss him the fuck off and Franchise tag him. (similar to what we did with Jordan Gross, this previous year) I personally would do this. Why? Because Peppers is roughly spitting in the face of the Franchise. He isn't like some of the other true Panthers, (Muhammad) who willingly want to retire with the team that built them. Peppers is getting greedy, and to a degree I can't argue that.. but as a Panther fan, I think if it's just money he's after.. I'm sure Carolina would offer him a sizeable amount.

I say Franchise him, simply TO piss him the fuck off. Then possibly trade him for a DE equal to him, or better, depending on how stupid some of the other teams might be.

There are so many things going on in the NFL in 2009 that I'm not even sure the Panthers will need to resign Peppers. He would cost to much to franchise tag. Why would you want to pay him to stay around? If they can trade him there are only a few teams that they should consider trading him to in my opinion. The first of them being The Chiefs. They already have 2 first round picks, and they lost Jared Allen. Peppers is easily worth a top 5 pick. For those who think he is on the fall, would love to hear your arguments.

The Bengals could also be another team looking to trade. They have a high first round picks as well. They are in need of an all pro type DE. Lewis is slowly building a defense in Cincinnati. They should have cap room to sign him as well, considering they have issues with Johnson and TJ. Peppers can change a team's defense.

The only other team I can think of that would take Peppes over a top first round pick would be the Rams. He would compliment Long, and help him mature in to a solid DE as well.

The Panthers would benefit greatly with trading with either one of these teams, and so would these teams.

This is going to be an interesting season after the Super Bowl. McNabb might be the hottest free agent in football, or may be apart of a huge blockbuster trade. It doesn't seem to me that he wants to stay in Philly. What ever team has Donovan for 16 games next year will be in the playoffs. Something tells me he may be off to Detroit for the first over all pick in this year's draft. Eagles should focusing on a QB via draft, and the number one pick would be nice, or they should consider bringing in Byron Leftwich as a replacement. Leftwich is a solid starter, and he will be cheap.

Lets not forget about the possible breakdown of the Baltimore Ravens on defense. Ray Lewis, Suggs, and Scott are all free agents. Not to mention they lost Rex Ryan. That was a huge blow for them. However I think the players they have drafted through the years will make an impact. Barnes, Ngata, Leaonard, etc.. will help them on defense. I just don't see them finishing in the top 5 next year.

I can see Scott possibly staying. Lewis may want to take the money and run. The same can be said about Suggs. Deservedly so, as they have proved themselves, and deserve the earnings that they should receive. I can see Lewis wanting to play in the AFC South with the Dolphins, or even Tampa with the Bucs. Something tells me that Suggs could be headed out to Arizona considering they are now Super Bowl contenders from here on in.

Remember if they don't sign any of these players, that means they will have some cap room to work with. I can sense that Harbaugh wants to change his team a bit. Now with talks of Ravens GM going to Cleveland, things could shake up a bit in Baltimore. I think if they lose that much on defense they will have to make up for it on offense. I expect to see an offer to Anquan Boldin in the offseason from the Ravens. Possibly even looking to sign a name LT in free agency as well. The concern will be towards the offense, and their new "Franchise" QB Joe Flacco.

Moving on to the Chargers. I laugh now considering that I said last year that they should trade LT, and keep Turner. They would have gotten so much for LT. Had they kept Turner who knows how strong their offense would have been. They can still get something for LT, but should they let him go it would only be to sign players like Rivers to long term contracts. They should trade him away for at least 20th over all. That way they can draft a replacement RB for the future. LeSean McCoy would be the perfect fit considering he is almost the same type of back LT is. Perfect fit.

It is going to be interesting to see how much money is spent to keep the players you need, but how much how money is going to be saved by who you dump off your team as well. Their are teams looking to rebuild this year, and they were vastly influenced by the Dolphins, and Falcons. Teams now understand that you can compete at all levels in the NFL. This season was living proof, and still may be considering the Arizona Cardinals are in the SuperBowl.

With that in mind money should or could be spent more repsonsibly. What I mean is that the money thrown around in the free agent market won't be with partially blind eyes. Eyes are wide open, and players are carefully evaluated to fit teams agenda's on Sundays. The NFL is becomming a highly competitive atmosphere.

Should Hayensworth hit the free market you gotta believe Schwartz the new face of the Lions is going to go after his old all pro player. He knows how important Albert is a player, he coached him. The Lions will have the cash, and who better to know Albert other than his ex-defensive coach? A player like Hayensworth can change a team. Yes, they went 0-16, but that won't happen again. That many mistakes have an upside, you know what it is you have to fix because the mess is so obvious. Schwartz worked wonders for the Titans defense. This was a team that went 6-2 last year in the the first 8 games of that season. Go figure?

Looking way ahead at this year's draft should also tell you that if the common trend in rookie QB's success we may see some grumbling at the top the draft board. What ever your view is on any of the up and coming QB's in this year's draft, you can't deny the amount of talent coming out at the position. No, there aren't a ton of first round picks, but there are some skilled players due out. Even if Stafford, and Sanchez are the only two taken in the first round if they turn out anywhere near where Ryan/Flacco did that means two teams become that much better.

Here is the scenario. I guess the Lions could go for McNabb trade, and give Philly the number one pick. Which that leads me to believe that one of these two rookie QB's could go to a playoff caliber team, and play similar to what Flacco did. Flacco landed on a solid Ravens team, that lacked a real QB. This could happen for the Eagles, in a sense that they just land a solid player with a great supporting cast. Then again the Lions could go after Leftwich in free agency, and not draft a QB with the first pick. Anybody can throw to Calvin Johnson if they have the time to throw the football. Lions may need to do what the Browns, and Dolphins have done which would mean taking a LT with their first pick.

That leaves the Chiefs. If there is no trade as stated above I think the Chiefs could be in line to take a QB, but word in Kansas City is that Thigpen in the the man. I would think that they are more focused on getting rid of LJ, and receiving some worthy compensation like a solid CB or a top 15 draft pick. Which means I'm guessing they are going to go with at the 2nd spot a franchise defensive player whom ever that may be. I can't see them taking a QB.

That leaves me with the Seahawks. I want to say that Seneca Wallace is the man their, but I would have to think that even if he can make plays, I'm not sure he is a franchise QB. Stafford or Ryan would fit in well there. It is a good team that plays in a weak division. A rookie QB could have success there. Then again with such a high pick in the 2nd they may be looking at a QB there. That high of a pick with a solid starter in Wallace could lead to a kep position pick.

The Jaguars would have to be my final pick. As I think they are a team on the verge of becomming solid. Gararrd sucks, and they didn't see it coming. He may play more consistently next, and we'll have to see. However if they can land a franchise QB, they can easily turn in to a championship team. Much like the Ravens they to, can turn it around with a QB.

This QB situation is growing more and more in the NFL. We talk so much about busts, but we hardly mention at how well 1 st round QB's have panned out. Since 2004 Ben Roethlisberger, Rivers, Eli, Ryan, Cutler, Flacco, and Rodgers. All have had solid success since coming in to the NFL. Yes, there have been others who are slowly up setting franchise Leinart, Alex Smith, and to a certain extent even Russell.

These teams have things in common. They are playoff bound teams. The Seahawks were in the Super Bowl. The Jaguars are a former playoff team. The Eagles have been in 5 NFC title games. The Chiefs were in the playoffs in 2006 against the Colts! This isn't ages ago people. These are good teams that have a chance at a franchise QB. The Lions aren't a good team, and so gambling with a QB makes no sense that early. They ought to focus on one thing. Running the ball, and shutting down offenses. I'm not saying ignore Clavin Johnson, but this team needs more defense. A player like Brian Orakpo makes sense. He is considered the best DE in college. He is 263, but buy the time the NFL regular season starts he could easily be at 275.

I will not talk about the offseason until the season officially ends but I will discuss the bye week that we are about to go through. It was reported that 60% of people who were quizzed hated the bye week as they were asked about if they were cool with it. I for one think it is a great thing as it builds drama to the game and makes the anticipation and the wait for the Super Bowl that much more exciting. I believe that the way the Super Bowl is handled is much better than the way it was handled a few years ago. I like the 2 week break as it kind of gives you a breather but at the same time, you do not forget about the impending big game. It's kind of like a pay-per-view, you know its coming and the buildup is just right.

Just wanted to say I will be celebrating my team's superbowl win today downtown pittsburgh today with tens of thousands of others. Other than that there are some interesting things to note here in the next few months.

What kind of team are the Cardinals without Kurt Warner? His return is likely, but isn't written in stone. The Cardinals wouldn't have made the SuperBowl without Warner. This season could easily be remembered as their Cinderella season. Will just have to see.

Larry Fitzgerald the best WR in the NFL today just amazes everytime he speaks. The fact that he wants to work out a deal on his contract, so that team mate Boldin will stay says a ton about what type of player he is. I realize he isn't the first, but you still have to give him a thumbs up. More players should be like, as I think this kind of attitude could give the NFL some face credibility.

Wanted to get many of your opinions on who you all though was going to be the hottest free agent either now, or even after players being cut for cap space. There are a ton of teams that are tight against the cap, and the releasing of some valuable players could be in the the market. I'm going to throw my name out to Julius Peppers. I think he will have he largest impact on the team he goes to, and I think he will end up as a division rival Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They will be looking to undergo a complete change in the look of the team, and what better way to start that than with the best DE in the NFL Julius Peppers.

Judging by the Steelers schedule next year they the potential to go 14-2, or even 13-3. It looks much easier than last years. Unless, the Lions, Bears, Chiefs, or Raiders turn it around next year they are easy wins. There is already talk of a 7th SuperBowl, and a back to back championship win next season. Their schedule could make that happen. They own the AFC North, and the Ravens defense won't be able to stop the Steelers, as they the Ravens have some issues in siging key defensive players. Also note that Rex Ryan is also gone.

Will Brady come back to form? I'm giong to go off on a limb, and say no, and defnitely not the form of 50 TD's like his last season. I don't think he will play with the same confidence as before, and that will harm his ability to keep his composure. Something that Brady has been known to do is keep his composure, and not get rattled. I don't care who you are when you injure your knee as bad as he did it is hard for a man to not think about getting hit again. If it happens again, he'll have to retire. Screw the fact of the same injury, but just falling oddly on it, or twisting it on a tackle could be take him out 3-6 weeks. I can't imagine him playing 16 games ever again in his career.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the surprise team of next year will be the San Francisco 49ers. They play in an easy division, and Singletary will turn that defense around next year. Plan on the 49ers making huge changes on offense as well. I don't see Alex Smith there next year as well. They have the talent, and I think they could make playoffs as a wild card.

I thought it was a pretty good Superbowl, but I'm not sure where these people are getting "Best Superbowl Ever." It was really good, top 5 without a doubt, but best ever?

The first half was a snooze, and yes it got really exciting in the end, but to me, the best Superbowl ever is exciting all through the game.

Wanted to get many of your opinions on who you all though was going to be the hottest free agent either now, or even after players being cut for cap space.
O shit, I have two, Albert Haynesworth and Nnamdi Asomugha. Those two are exceptional players and Haynesworth could anchor any defensive line. Some team is going to offer him a shit load of money and i do not think it is going to be the Titans. Asomugha would look good in a Steelers uniform, too bad we cant compete with some of those teams who have like 30+ million to spend in the offseason.

Another key free agent is Jordan Gross, he is one hell of a lineman and every year he usually goes unnoticed. He is only 28, and he could anchor any teams offensive line. He is a very good run blocker, and an above average pass blocker. He would also look good in a Steelers uniform, and i actually think this one could happen. Who wouldn't want to play for Mike Tomlin, and The Rooneys?

Just wanted to say I will be celebrating my team's superbowl win today downtown pittsburgh today with tens of thousands of others.
I went down there, stood by the stage, I had a decent view of the stage, took some decent pictures, one of Ben and one of Tomlin and Casey Hampton. those 300,000+ fans were nuts.

There are three teams next year that will dominate should they spend their money wisely. The first of those three teams would be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They come in to this free agency with a little more than $50,000,000 in cap space. This is the main reason they got rid of the GM, and Gruden folks. If you didn't realize this by now you should be glad I just told you.

The Bucs have had a stable defense ever since Dungy left for the Colts job. When you look at the cap space you know that it is mainly due to the older players that have made this defense what it is today. Also note that they have never had a franchise QB. At some point this is going to give you huge advantage in cap space. If you don't have a franchise QB to eat your cap space, then eventually you will have an obusrd amount of cap in the near future. This is what the Bucs are going through right now.

Gruden shouldn't be surprised that he was fired, and neither should the GM. The Bucs owners figured that this would be the best move, and I think they are right. It is still to early to say which QB will be best suited to go first round. If you remember most scouts didn't project Flacco 1st round until very late in the scout season. Look at what it did for the Ravens. This could happen for the Bucs. They will be picking close to where the Ravens were last year.

Getting back to free agency it will be dictated by the Bucs. Ofcourse they may sign some verterans they deem necessary. Then again I'm sure the new "crew" will be looking to change the look of the team a bit, but not so much the defensive philosophy. After this season, I'm sure many teams realized that you don't need a great QB to win games, this season proves that defense is key. With that being said I think the Bucs could be in line to sign former threat Julius Peppers, Johnathan Vilma, Ashomouga, or any other top name defensive free agents.

Thus, leaving them in a position to make some great moves in free agency. They could be a NFC South early pick depending on how they use their money. Signing a Boldin along with Peppers, and Vilma could be very possible for the Bucs come this offseason. Bottom line is that all the money that they have will give them the chance to rebuild in to a great team again. I guarantee that the Bucs will draft a QB in the first round.

The Eagles would be my next choice. They already have Donovan. They could be in line to sign Boldin, or even TJ Houshmanzedah. The Eagles have proven before that when Donovan gets a serious WR threat he will take them to the SuperBowl, and he almost did that without either of those two free agents. How ironic would it be for Boldin to go play for the team that he beat. Not to mention that the Eagles come in to this free agency with a little more than $36,000,000 under the cap. They will surely keep half the players that they will need to re-sign. You don't get rid of a championship team, you cut the fat off. They have the 4th most cap space in the NFL right now. I could see the Eagles possibly grabbing a solid LB like Suggs as well. Then come draft I'm sure they take a safety of some sort in the first round.

My final team would have to be Denver. Cutler is going to be something special in the NFL. He may not have had as many TD passes as Rivers, but he is surely the better of the two. This guy if he plays long enough will shatter Elway's records. He is already on pace in doing so. If the Broncos who have who $31,500,000 can maintain a defense, they will win their division. I'm sure with that kind of money they will be looking to sign long term talent first. With being said I think they will make a ton of moves in free agency and address their shabby defense. It is still to early to say exactly who will be in free agency because teams will be releasing players. However with the projected players this free agency looks hopeful for teams looking to rebuild their defenses. If Denver can get some names on defense I don't see why they couldn't be in the AFC Championship next year against the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back