MTV's Wrestling Society X

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just caught the show on mtv, and justin credible gave teddy hart "dx" crotch chops...lame, these guys need to create a new identity if they want to go anywhere. The show needs more air-time the crowd needs to be real people instead hired nimrods

^^^ I think that would be the definitive write up of WSX

In Ring = not bad - good
Out of ring = too MTV
the explosions = just fekkin terrible

also no time it seems for the wrestlers to get any mic time (this may change in coming shows tho).

agreed. this show needs to be at least an hour long. besides all the mtv related crap i thought it was much more entertaining than ecw.

needs work but some of the spots were very nice i expected it to really suck but hell the first match was better then anything on ecw

I got home late and turned on MTV to give it a shot, but after 5 minutes of commercials, I couldn't handle it and went to bed... did I just happen to catch the beginning of the commercials or was there just an obscene amount of them? I figured I'd give it a shot... maybe move the show to Wednesday nights to give me a full f'n week of wrestling... did I miss anything worth bitchin bout though?

their werent alot of them maybe one or two and thats it. Evans After seeing him is now one of my favorite wrestlers now. the 630 Splash was Amazing though.

It guess it could suffice as a decent show for hardcore fans, but I'm traditional and I didn't care for much of it. I really think that some of the wrestlers are talented, especially Teddy Hart. I mean after all, he is the nephew of the legendary Bret "Hitman" Hart. Look for him to be in WWE soon, as there are plans to have him in the New Hart Foundation.

I can't stand watching the show because of the camera angles changing every few seconds. Sydal and Evans(I saw him this weekend at Ring of Honor) were awesome though.

To fully enjoy WSX you need one of two things... Either have ADD, or be on crack. With that said, it was a entertaining yet unconventional half hour of wrestling. It was filled with spots and hokey explosions (which I hope are taken away) but to be honest, its more EXTREME than anything else on in TV at the same time.

I'm giving it a pass, because its always cool to see Teddy, Sydal, Evans and New Jack on tv at the same time, but if they keep the lame explosions and those annoying shots of the crowd (which take away from the action) then I'll just have to pass on any and all wrestling that airs on Tuesday nights.

At the very least WSX is giving guys like Evans and Sydal some mainstream exposure which could lea to either one (or both) of these guys to get signed either by WWE or TNA.

Teddy hart was the only positive to this show in my opinion. Vampiro vs Sean Waltman for a championship? doesnt intrigue me the least. the explosion detracted very much from the show. the ring announcer was horrid, but the color commentators weren't THAT bad, i prefer them over the TNA announcers any day. oh the backstage segments were crap because of the editing and I know they were bad probably because of the MTV influence trying to make everything fast. did they just hire good looking people to sit in the crowd?

Got this from PWInsider

FIRST WRESTLING SOCIETY X RATING IS IN
by Dave Scherer @ 2:05:00 PM on 1/30/2007

The sneak preview of Wrestling Society X, which aired last Friday on MTV, did a 0.43 cable rating, with a 0.9 share. That was a little above the MTV average for the day, which was 0.4. The WSX rating was garnered without any marketing support from the network as MTV never advertised the preview showing. The average MTV rating for that timeslot (Fridays, 11 PM) is usually a 0.1.

The show officially debuts tonight and this will be the important rating to WSX and MTV. It will be interesting to see what the first "official" rating does.

DEBUT RATING FOR MTV WRESTLING SOCIETY X & MORE
by Mike Johnson @ 5:20:00 PM on 1/31/2007

The debut of MTV's Wrestling Society X last night scored a 1.0 rating. I haven't yet heard the audience share. That's a really impressive debut rating, especially considering it was running up against the second half of ECW on SciFi (which usually does around 1.5).

I dont know the rating for ECW but wow. That blows a good share of the ECW audience away. WSX put up a great show. The explosions were cheasy but still good enough to mark out to. TNA can't even get that rating at an 11:00 time slot but WSX can get it at 10:30. I know theres a different but still. TNA barely got higher than 1.0 on wednesday at 10:00 last week. I didn't expect a 1.0 ratings. It's a shocker. I didn't watch it tho since I saw it Friday. Vince's appearance is the only reason I watched ECW and boy was that a let down.

the only thing bad about it was the ring announcer, and obviously its hard 2 develop characters in 30 minutes

if you ask me wsx is better than wwe. it was like you coudnt blink your eyes or you would miss something. and who cares what the crowd looks like, its about the wrestling, not the crowd, and they werent all good looking. and so what ifthe explosions were bad, would you rather have it be like in the wwe where if someone gets eliminated nothing happens??? i would rather see an explosion

and the 630 splash is amazing. and its kool 2 see x-pac, aka 6-pac wrestle again.

the show cant just be one giant spotfest like the poster above me would like it to be or have those matches like, ya know, the extreme exploding lightube c4 table claymore match. The crowd makes the show, you can connect with them in a way. The pyro has to look good other wise it makes the show look unprofessional, or like a monkey on crack could make it look better, i for one, dont care for that explosion type stuff and i think it just makes wrestling look more fake. The wrestling is good but the show sucks

I loved the looseness of the workers and their abilities, but the half-hour pacing makes it so they wrestle with zero psychology. The WSX Rumble was the only thing that saved it for me. Syxx-pac and Vampiro haven't looked that good in quite a while. Sydal and Evans would've been solid if they actually used a wrestling hold, maybe even once? A decent start and better than ECW, although that's not hard because the new ECW bites donkey schlong.

WSX is the biggest joke ive ever seen. if i could i would've given the ring announcer a squad car slam. gosh was her horrible. the cameras shaking and people bouncing around while the explosions occurred was down right stupid along with the play by play people. the only thing i like was the first match.

Wrestling Society X sucks as of their first show. I cold come up with a million of ways they could change to be better. What do you think WSX needs to change?

no shity pyro, get a good ring announcer, get real fans not ones mtv paid and filtered for tv (you have to send a photo of yourself to get tix)get good play by play people get rid of the bands and focus on the wresting have more then 2 matches per show.

i really enjoyed the show, both matches were exciting to watch, more exciting than the matches ive seen in WWE and TNA of late. it needs to be an hour though, 30 min isnt enough time.

heres specifically what i would do: make it an hour long show and have the band play 1 full song at the end of the show, have 3-4 matches a show.

seriously, this was the most fun i have had watching wrestling in years.

WSX has some hope in it, but they need to sit down and watch a real wrestling program. But since Mtv is running it and alot of the roster didnt have a job, since XPW went under, so they will not stand up to them. But in 3 months some guys will go to WWE and some will go to TNA, so it will die.

i was impressed with the 2nd episode i seen except the ending with more cheesy explosions.

also when did vampiro become such an undertaker ripoff? I don't recall him being like that and using the moves he used in wcw...it has been a few years maybe i just forgot.

Kso first of all the filtered fans is a rumor, if you look at the fans they can carry themselves as fans well, pay some attention and quit beleiving every god damned thing you read, k pumkin?

Second of all, I hate Canada because I can't find it on MTV Canada..

Third, the debut match of WSX Matt Sydal vs Jack Evans, that kind of in-ring PERFECTION [ I REPEAT PERFECTION ] is what wrestling needs. I will watch WSX forever on the internet, since I can't on tv.

Lastly, I am now a huge fan of WSX, expecially since watching the rumble. I know it was just to envoke intrest, but they're having the Whatchimacallit Pirhanna Match, I forget the name, and thats been done, what, twice?
New Jack is gold. His age and size diving off balconys and shit is ENTERTAINMENT! Jesus! Teddy Hard, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal and Waltman can perform in the way that only they can, and thats what will make this show a success, not IF, but WHEN WSX gets the timeslot it deserves.
PS: Post if WSX is ever on TV in Canada..

To me WSXs explosions during the rumble looked digitally added. Dont know but it might just be me.

i liked the matches i wsx and found that they have some really good talent bt it all seemed to be to rushed which caused the matches to be way to fast . I think if they get another 30 min in a few years they could get to where tna is now.

To me WSXs explosions during the rumble looked digitally added. Dont know but it might just be me.

i think they're digitally enhanced.I know the electrocution was.That was waaaaaaaaaay to obvious.i think they used some cheap 'boom' fireworks whenever they taped it for the explosions. I know the camera shakes were digitally added.

If they dropped that shit i think for a half hour show it's got a lot of potential.

as for the filtered crowd i don't believe that.The first episode the crowd erupted into a 'good' ECW chant when Justin Credible came out.I seen too many people in the crowd shots that don't fit the mtv image

Well im going to tune into it tonight and hopefully Vampiro vs Waltman will be good considering it might be the only match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back