MTV's Wrestling Society X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentallica

Work in progress
Ok this is the thread to post all of your opinions, reviews, previews, etc., of the new wrestling show Wrestling Society X on MTV. I dont know when MTV plans to start airing the 30 minute show, but this is the place to discuss it!

I personally can't wait until this company gets up and running, I've been waiting to see these guys on live TV for a while and finally their going to be there,hopefully they go for more than 4 seasons we need another wrestling show on TV besides the WWE,and TNA don't get me wrong I like both of them but it would be nice to see more wrestling shows on TV besides those 2.

yea, but its a thirty minute show, which is a downside. Here is the article WZ posted earlier today:

Partial Source: PWInsider.com

Over the weekend it was reported that MTV had picked up Wrestling Society X. Wrestlers were contacted by MTV's legal department and were informed about the decision and asked to keep the information confidential, pending an official press release on the series. Wrestlers were then informed that their contracts were being enforced, meaning that they were now locked in for the project.

The talent that is still under contract, that also appeared on the debut episode is Sean Waltman, Vampiro, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, Teddy Hart, Alter Boy Luke, Lone Star, and Kaos.

It looks like MTV wants to run 4-seasons with the show, with them shooting 15 seperate 30-minute shows, which would be taped over a 2-week span in Los Angeles. The wrestlers will be paid for the tapings as well as receive a booking and appearance fee for live events.

Vampiro will be one of the top stars of the promotion and also will have a hand in booking. He is in a great position financially as MTV will likely use his band (Drouch Fhoula) as part of the WSX project as well.

The show will have a very gritty feel to the production. The ring was designed to appear makeshift, ugly, dirty and weathered. They had no ring mats surrounding the ring, as well as no aprons around it, leaving the underside of the ring exposed. Even the turnbuckles were designed to look like dirty rags that were taped in place.

Big Vision Entertainment is producing the project, and they had been involved in the DVD distribution of the Hardcore Homecoming shows. Vampiro, Big Vision's Kevin Klinerock, and Dave Marquez will be the creative forces of the promotion, while former XPW announcer Kris Kloss will commentate.

The first show will most likely be the pilot that was already filmed, which featured these matches: Jack Evans vs. Matt Sydal & a Black Label Society performance. There was also an over the Top Rope Elimination/Ladder Match with 2 WSX contracts suspended above the ring featuring Vampiro, Six Pac (Sean Waltman), Teddy Hart, New Jack, Lone Star, Kaos, Puma, Al Katrazz, Justin Credible, and Chris Hamrick.

A 30 minute wrestling show? My god. Some WWE matches are that long. I heard they use a make-shift mat canvas and the turnbuckles are like rags. I think this promotion will bomb right away.

Nah, they purposely use rags as turnbuckles and all that stuff. I think if they let them, these guys could get extreme, especially if New Jack is there,

I'm really looking forward to seeing Teddy Hart,Jack Evans,Sean Waltman,and the others there if people like hardcore extreme stuff like ECW it should be a hit, and if it did really well maybe someone else could pick it up when MTV doesn't want to carry it anymore if the company is still going.

im gonna watch it because i wanna see teddy hart wrestle, and i wanna see sean waltman again

I was gonna watch it for Puma, but TNA snached him so ill watch it for New Jack and Waltman.

honestly you people have no idea what your talkin about i just saw new jack sunday night at a local promotion called aiw in cleveland ohio and he was also there one month ago and from i read in an interview he puts down everyone else but aiw so i honestly think he will be make his presence known there and by the his road buddy is named Van Hughes for all of you that dont know.

New Jack always puts down ever promotion but the one he's in. He just did a show in CA where he did the same thing.

New Jack will do it for WSX and when or if ECW signs him he'll do it there too.

That being said. 30 minute wrestling show is doomed. DOOMED.

Great Talent but to get to know them...ie the casual fan plus musical preformances, you need at least one hour. Plus MTV's track record for losing interest in new projects?

WSX will be good for what it is. And If they branch out and travel and stuff would be awesome but this show will fail. Plus they aren't letting wrestling fans in. You have to look good to see the live show.

This will be the fakest wrestling show on TV. Love the talent but the show will blow

yea but now that the internets bigger it might do good if the little time its on gets good rateings theyll give it :raven: :robvandam: more time

Matt Sydal and Jack Evans will be the stars of this show. Evans especially. I think these 2 high flyers will be the show stoppers on every show. They are the 2 best talents on the roster and the most entertaining.

Anyway as for the show itself it'll flop. Wrestling fans will watch it, but the WWE marks will not enjoy it because it isn't the WWE. And the hardcore internet smarks won't enjoy it because it's only 30 minutes long. The show will lose ratings quickly and it will become another failed MTV product.

sorry but.....while evans, sydal and human tornado on the undercard hooked me in...a main event consisting of vampiro and new jack (and maybe waltman if he doesnt go WWE) is very ick...not to mention the very weak hardcore theme...30 minutes with the time being cut for a metal band...and its run by MTV. Even with Jack "Im god since I went to dragongate" evans cant save it. Period.

idk i think it could be ok if they made it an hour.....we nedd more wrestling on tv

they sounds pretty good but the least a show should take is an hour like ECW and TNA but yeah i'll check this one out it should be the shit with all those wrestlers they rule!!!

i saw and article a whie ago when this wsx first came up that the crowd is payed mtv actors

well, the guys dont work for wwe. they only let good looking ppl in, whic means u need to send a foto before u r eligable to buy tix. which means no real wrestlin fans. they need to make this an hour, but MTV barely does hour shows regularly. also, last time MTV had wrestlin, it was WWE HeAt. does anyone kno how good the ratings were for HeAt when it was on MTV?

the crowds gonna be blond haird big brested women and guys in ambercombi and fitch polos not wrestling fans like lashly said above. I think this show3 is doomed becaseu its only an half an hour long and has a very limitedx locker room

Personally, I'm going to reserve judgement until the show actually airs. Yes, it is only 30 minutes, and the ring and "arena" will look shitty, but, even as a WWE fan, I'm still willing to give it a chance and not judge it before it airs.

I heard the main event will be X-Pac vs. Vampiro for the promotions top title.

I'm really lookin' 4ward 2 it. I no it's no WWE or TNA, but it's a wrestling show 2 watch on Wednesdays, so... lol ^^^That should be pretty good... So X-Pac would rather work 4 that salary than WWE's? lol Vince must really be a big ass!

When does it start? Ne1 no? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back