MTV's Wrestling Society X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I watched it, and I must say...it sure is different. I think with the proper tuning, this could be something huge...

First off the ring announcer is good and bad at the same time. It is fresh and exciting, but he sometimes comes off as too much. The ring explosions at the beginning where actually pretty cool, but I did not like the entrances one bit. I'm not sure why though. It was like, lets go to still frame, then just talk about the guy for a bit.

Now, the first match was fricken amazing. It had some great high spots in it, and I am sure from what I have seen from sydal in the past that this match could have been longer and better. I know that they focused JUST on the spots, but due to time constraints, why wouldn't they? However, both men really showed something, and I would love to see more of them.

The backstage promos are, well, lets just say crap. I didn't like the set-up, and the intensity wasn't there. I also don't like how they are developing a fued by introducing two guys who apparently already hate each other. Now, New Jack is kind of a big name, but there are still PLENTY of people who have no idea who he is. As far as Chris Hamrick goes, I am glad I have Obssessed With Wrestling cause I had no clue on him.

The battle royal was ok. It's always a pleasure to see Teddy Hart, and of course Justin Credible. Everyone seemed to go through a table, and wtf is the deal with the way overdone explosions. I had no idea that live electricity resulted in an EXPLOSION...apparently it does. Anyway, it was different for sure. But, overall it wasn't bad. It focues mainly on big spots and that was it.

Oh, and for anyone who thinks TNA's announcers are bad...watch WSX....terrible announcing.

I think it has the ability to be something big if Mtv is willing to take it seriously and make it an actual wrestling promotion and not some suped up reality show. They should sign wrestlers to long term contracts and hold house shows have a longer show at a better time and do ppv's then it could really be something. It's not like Mtv doesn't have the money.

The first show was very good. It was a combination of hardcore and high flying action. They opened it with a warm up match. The first match was Matt Sydal vs. ???. I forgot the name and I forgot who won because of the WSX Rumble.

It had alot of good names in it. Teddy Hart, Justin Credible, Sean Waltman, New Jack, and etc. Well it boiled down to three men. Sean Waltman, ??? and Vampiro. While Vampiro was battling ???, Sean Waltman went for the contract. He got it. Remember the goal of this match is to eliminate everyone until there is 3 people left. Then you have to use the ladders to reach the two contracts. The two winners face off to be the first WSX Champion. Vampiro managed to get the other scroll. ??? went for the scroll but he got thrown into the barbwire explosives. After the match we see Vampiro battling Sean Waltman.

Note: Sean Waltman is named 6-pac in this promotion. Vampiro was classified as a legend in mexico. He looks out of shape from when he used to be in WCW. Overall I think WSX is going to have 2 matches per show. A warm up and then a big main event. There showing a replay on tuesday at 10:30.

Actually, the rules of the Rumble the tenth person has come out, the contracts come into effect. And the last four where 6-Pac, Vampiro, Justin Credible, and Youth Suicide. Youth Suicide got thrown out onto the explosives.

The first match was Matt Sydal vs Jack Evans....great match

I wonder why they refer to most of them as WWF Champion and ECW champion, WCW Champion, etc. As if they won the big belts on those promotions.
But at first I figured since they won a title or titles in those promotions, that WSX was just refering to a championship so Vampiro would be a WCW champion.

But then I noticed that showed some as WWE tag champion sooo wtf?

WHy are they saying guys like X-pac and Vampiro were WWE/WCW Champs as if they won the world titles?

i saw the preveiw on friday and it was pretty sick, the band only plays for a few seconds and you dont notice it during the matches. there werent many edits, a very noticable one is when koas falls into the electric wire. the first match was pretty much all high flying spots but still pretty cool the wsx rumble was sick in every sense of the word, it had explosives electricty, tables laders, even thumbtacks

Ok, MTV may be on to something here. WSX is definately different from any promotion that I've ever seen. It's fresh, full if energy and it has the hardcore elements that I've been missing since the old ECW days. I am exciting to see New Jack and Justin Credible again as major players in a promotion.

Short and sweet; saw the preview show and loved it. Sucks it's 30 minutes, but they did more in 30 minutes than ECW does in an hour. This could be big. Loved that the fans chanted for New Jack. Heyman could make this the biggest thing since ECW. He needs to weasel his way in there.

I only caught the last 5-10 minutes but what i did see left me wanting more, I'm looking forward to see what they bring to ther table on a weekly basis, and if they are ever going to extend it to an hour, I hope MTV doesn't screw this up

I think this is the new ECW that we were SUPPOSED to have a few months ago.

Definitely can see MTV is involved...I think the camera angle changes every 3 seconds or so.

Wrestling Spotfest X

Can you see a hint of TNA on steroids, here?

I can't even begin to describe how shocked I am that some of you people really liked the show. It was entertaining for a little big but come on. The "electrified fences" and the "explosives" Great Wrestling progams and angles blur the line of fiction and reality. You want to get involved in a story so much that even you quesion if it is really fiction. But this was just lame. Do they really expect us to think that somone was blown up or electricuted.

and having x-pac as a big star. He was terrible in the WWE and seeing him again reminded me why I don't miss him.

Then how bout that Ring Announcer. Sounds like an annoying national radio DJ who is told by 45 year old executives what 19-27 year olds think is cool.

Did you see the promo for the upcoming season? They had a fn pieranna tank match?!

It made me laugh out loud more than anything. The first match had some bright spots but the camera cutting to people's faces got annoying real fast.

I'll probably check it out if I'm flipping around but I don't plan on watching it every week.

I just knew it would suck and I would hate it but after watching it, I really didn't think it was half bad. The explosions weren't needed (and did I see a preview for a pirahna match? :blink: ) but it definitely had it's moments.

really it seems like it has potential. i mean it has some big names and a hart. i have to say if anyone can put a show over it's a hart. though the show lasts thirty minutes, which is a horrible time limit for a wrestling show. it is on mtv, and heat lasted on there only because wwf was backing it. and it has too much theatrics. i mean the ring announcer sounded like crap! i couldn't understand him at all. the guys who are commentating are really trying to pour out all this small storyline crap and put all the wrestling moves over. i think that they're just making it too fake by making everything sound so amazing. through all of this i think that they have some potential.

Just watched the debut show. Didn't think it was to bad but the matches felt like they'd been clipped alot.

also something about the constant changing of camera angle was annoying.

Zack Wylde on commentary was funny tho.

The two big problems are the random shots of the fans (which were clearly paid to show up) and those hokey explosions. Both of these thing really hurt the overall product.

Sydal vs Evans was a spotfest... But you're lying if you weren't entertained while watching it. The Battle Royal was going good until all wrestler got in the ring and became a clusterfuck of people.

I'll keep on watching because its either that or that crap that Sci-Fi airs on Tuesdays. If they get rid of the lame explosions and the shots of the crows, WSX could be good for a while. At the very least its giving some exposure to some talented wrestlers.

wow.. i just got done watching it. Thhe electrocution and the explosions were very tacky.The swinging camera angle got old.The announce team sucks especially the one that reminds me of mike tenay.Another thing that kinda bugged me was how they said what titles everyone has held from other promotions.Also they said 'wwf' instead of 'wwe' and informed us that xpac is an original dx member and one of the announcers rambled on about how cool they were.

Gripes aside the first match was entertaining and i seen a few moves i ve never seen before.The rumble was cool except for the electocution and the explosion.First time i ve ever seen teddy hart compete and was impressed with what i saw.I thought it was awesome when Justin Credible came out and an ecw chant started.

I say theres potential it just needs tweaked but on the downside they've already got the first season taped and can't tweak it till next season.But that doesn't mean i m not gonna watch it I ll gladly watch this over wwECW on tues.

You need to take this kind of show for what it is, a show. It's not so much a wrestling promotion...but hell I found it very entertaining. Even it it tanks I'm glad all these younger, extremely talented guys are getting a chance to shine.

I can't even begin to describe how shocked I am that some of you people really liked the show. It was entertaining for a little big but come on. The "electrified fences" and the "explosives" Great Wrestling progams and angles blur the line of fiction and reality. You want to get involved in a story so much that even you quesion if it is really fiction. But this was just lame. Do they really expect us to think that somone was blown up or electricuted.

and having x-pac as a big star. He was terrible in the WWE and seeing him again reminded me why I don't miss him.

Then how bout that Ring Announcer. Sounds like an annoying national radio DJ who is told by 45 year old executives what 19-27 year olds think is cool.

Did you see the promo for the upcoming season? They had a fn pieranna tank match?!

It made me laugh out loud more than anything. The first match had some bright spots but the camera cutting to people's faces got annoying real fast.

I'll probably check it out if I'm flipping around but I don't plan on watching it every week.
You can't expect this type of show to be a great wrestling program especially not in it's first week. I don't think it will stand a chance at beating out WWE or TNA simply because I don't like shows that feature so many hardcore bouts. I think eventually the fans get tired of it and stop tuning in. However, the show was very entertaining. It's not something that leaves you wanting more the next week but it was very entertaining to watch the young talent put on a show for the small crowd. If you were expecting a top notch wrestling program you obviously know nothing about wrestling.

Wrestling Society X Sucks NO Offense Xpac Should Go TO WWE and B SHawn Micheals Partner IN Dx and Teddy HArt SHood JOin Nattile NeidHArt n Harry SMith In De New hart Foundation There juss WaistinG Dere time Soon or Later WSX will be CANCELED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im Rich Bitch $$$$ and If u aint down Wit DAT Shhit I suggest U better Suck It

Ps. Tna is better than WSx n i hate Tna BUT WWE RUle$$$$
n da problem wit ecw is it is like wwe they need to make it extreme and give de originals a god damm chance but oda den dat WWE rules..........................

screw it. i'm gonna watch it coz its more entertaining than wwECW.

and i heard Ruckus is on the roster and he was always one of my CZW fav's esp when he dropped the weight. i think he pulls the Gangsta thing off pretty well.

and yes the explotions sucked a d!ck but then again WWE has been known to put in pyro in there spots. But damn underground wrestling has never looked so shiny. (as you can see i'm spit on this one)

BTW did anyone else think that the Gaffer-Tape on the ring was funny. They should hold the next Cage of Death, then they'd need to tape the ring back together.

Lol at that last post, Anyways, im looking forward to the debut tonite Evans VS Syndal should be very impressive as will the RR type thing, Also, How many matches were their over the course of the show ?

lol that show is a joke the crowd sounds fake and there is that mtv pretty people feel to the crowd. The wrestling is good but everything else about that show sucks, the ring announcer looks like he is having an fing seizure in the ring.

^^^ I think that would be the definitive write up of WSX

In Ring = not bad - good
Out of ring = too MTV
the explosions = just fekkin terrible

also no time it seems for the wrestlers to get any mic time (this may change in coming shows tho).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back