• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mr. Kennedy Injured?

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Dave Meltzer is reporting that Mr. Kennedy suffered what was believed to be a triceps injury over the weekend.

It appears to be significant.

More shortly.

I hope this isn't significant as this would be a huge blow to the Smackdown brand and WWE as a whole. Kennedy is the up and coming man in the WWE and he is one of the top three guys on Smackdown. I have no idea how WWE will go around this as Kennedy is gold on TV. Then think about Smackdown what will this to to Smackdown frist Taker and now Kennedy that is just painful for Smackdown.

So whats everyones thoughts on this and the future of Smackdown if this is requires surgery for Kennedy?

This is a huge blow to the WWE(especially SD). He was currently the top heel on SmackDown since Booker left. First Booker, then Taker, now Kennedy, RAW is definitely going to send over a couple guys to fill these huge voids(HBK, Edge, Orton, and Umaga are the top choices IMO). Well it is in concrete now, crappy Batista is the next World champ on SmackDown since the back-up plan of Kennedy using his MITB is not possible now. MVP and Benoit are stuck feuding for that useless U.S. title and Finlay is in a meaningless feud with Kane, something has to change or SD will be in an even worse rut.

Finaly is in a feud with Kane? When this this happen? Anyways, this absolutely sucks for Smackdown. Unfortuantely, Batista is the only viable option left to hold the gold, since they spent so much time building him as a monster. Hopefully it won't be as "significant" as it appears, and Kennedy will be able to wrestle through it. One can only hope. Or maybe, just MAYBE, McMahon will pull his head out of his ass, put CM Punk on Smackdown, and have him take the title after Batista wins it.

Smackdown is screwed. Batista as the champ is like having Howard Finkel being the champ. Nobody will care. It will be painful to watch every week knowing that Batista is the champ. Hopefully Vince sends over someone to save the show or give a guy like Kane the title. He definitely deserves a run, he's been in the WWE for over a decade and has had only 1 title reign for less than 24 hours. They should have him extract revenge on Batista for taking out his brother. That would be a good angle and then turn Batista heel because everyone hates him already. Thats just my opinion.

lol what the fuck is happening in the wwe at the moment that the most important wrestlers are getting injured...well this does put smackdown in a difficult position..if kennedy does have to take time off there is no doubt this will leave even a bigger void in the main event position...on a positive outlook when all these wrestlers do return it will be a good moment for the wwe..for now though...i think its a possibility that a couple midcarders who deserve to be main eventers will finally get the spotlight they deserve...Kane to me would seem the msot likely to throw up there against batista..the brother of the undertaker and no doubt a veteran that deserves more then whats been handed to him...it seems like everything could go to shit but i have a feeling wwe will have no choice but to make some drastic decisions if kennedy does need to disappear...only time will tell as always

I think over the next couple of months we'll be "treated" to a Batista vs. Orton feud, which is gonna be a huge waste of time, especially since I hate both of them. Possibly Umaga will jump to Smackdown, and feud with a new freshly-turned face, Finlay (w/ Hornswoggle :p). Not that I don't like Finlay, to the contrary, but I think he won't be able to feud with Umaga, oh wait no, I would have to say Umaga won't be able to feud with Finlay properly, that's more like it...

Anyways, count on Smackdown being a rotten product, unless Finlay and Benoit are sent to the main event picture right away, and Mysterio comes back soon. Please god don't bring back Mark Henry and push him. That would be the cherry on the big cake filled with **** that Smackdown will have become, losing Kennedy and Undertaker, the only guys with talent actually pushed. The rest have better soon be unburied, I'm thinking of guys like Gregory Helms and Kane too.

Finaly is in a feud with Kane? When this this happen?

Lol, sorry about that, Regal and Taylor are in a feud with Kane(What was i thinking?). So that means Finlay is most likely going to challenge Batista for the World title at Judgement Day since he really isn't part of a feud right now. Umaga is my second guess if he moves to SmackDown. Mark Henry will most likely start a feud with Kane after Judgement Day and then move on to Batista so we can get to see the match that was suppose to happen at last years GAB at this years GAB, that should be a great match.

I hate to say it, but I do believe that after Batista wins the title on Tuesday, he'll screw around with it for a few more week, stall with a semi rivalry (finlay most likely) and then they will finally have the "Dream match" that the WWE has wanted for over a year now: Batista vs Henry. As much as this match will suck, there is a possible good senario that could come from it. They might be able to entertain some of the smackdown audience for a while, until someone else returns, and then either Batista or Henry can hurt the other again, and we only have one of them to deal with. I'd prefer to look at Henry, simply cause his charecter can do more in a story, and I can't see them putting the title on him. Look at when he injured batista. Rather than give him the title, they pulled Angle from RAW to take it. So either one hurts the other, or they take Edge or Orton and have them take the title (most likely Edge).

Or, of course, have Kennedys injury not a bad one and give him the title...

I think it is a work. Add this to him saying that he is going to wait to WM24 and no one will see him cashing in the MITB on Tuesday/Friday.

It would possibly be a work if it was reported by WWE.com....however, since it was actually reported by another site, the chances it is a work are very slim. Wrestlezone also broke the story when taker was injured, and when Batista was initially injured i believe...the only time you can bet its a work is if WWE.com reports it first

Damn, the Wrestling Gods are angry right now. Are you kidding me? Taker goes down, then Kennedy the backup plan goes down. This seals the deal. Batista is the champion, and probably for a long time. End the damn brand Extension already, Smackdown is just hurting. I can keep my fingers crossed that we'll see the title get vacated somehow and Edge wins it, but damn. Injuries galore is how the WWE in 2007 will be remembered. Why in the Hell can't ROH or TNA capitalize on such a weakened WWE?

If WWE were in any way clever, they would move someone like Edge or HBK to Smackdown to hold the title until someone else an step up to the plate. Even if Batista gets the belt, who is he going to feud with? Mark Henry?? REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Man I hope that they do some shuffling and move wrestlers around and not let that scenario happening.....

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I would NEVER be happy that anyone get injured, but Kennedy's injury might be a blessing in disguise. I'm a huge Kennedy fan, and love watching him perform, but its too soon for him to have a title reign, especially with a belt that is in as much disarray as the WHC.. The last time Kennedy was hurt they still managed to keep him visible with promos and commentary and he came back bigger than ever. It'll suck while he is out again, but when he does come back, he can have a great push and win the belt with the proper build-up rather than having it hot-shotted to him. In the long run, as long as it isn't too serious, this injury could actually benefit Kennedy's career rather than hinder it.

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I would NEVER be happy that anyone get injured, but Kennedy's injury might be a blessing in disguise. I'm a huge Kennedy fan, and love watching him perform, but its too soon for him to have a title reign, especially with a belt that is in as much disarray as the WHC.. The last time Kennedy was hurt they still managed to keep him visible with promos and commentary and he came back bigger than ever. It'll suck while he is out again, but when he does come back, he can have a great push and win the belt with the proper build-up rather than having it hot-shotted to him. In the long run, as long as it isn't too serious, this injury could actually benefit Kennedy's career rather than hinder it.

I actually agree with what you said here.I personally think WWE needs to quit wasting superstars like Kane,give him a shot at it it's been way too long since Kane has held any gold.If anyone can pick up the pieces it would be Kane,and I would really enjoy a Batista/Kane fued for the title should Kennedy require surgery.Batista as the champ is not a good idea at this time for Smackdown IMO,people are just tired of seeing it.Even Chris Benoit could be the one to step up and take the gold,he would be just as good a choice as Kane or Batista IMO people seem to have forgotten Benoit is even on the Smackdown roster,as relates to this topic anyway.

Sorry to everyone who thinks this injury isn't significant but this is flat out horrible for smackdown. Batista is an extremely bad wrestler and is very bland, he's big and has muscles, thats it. Depsite that he is the only one who can take the belt since no one else has been built up. You can't have Kane fighting Regal and Taylor one week and win the title the next (though that would be awesome). I love the idea of CM Punk going to Smackdown but that is just not happening. This is where the brand extension kills the WWE because there are multiple wrestlers from Raw and ECW that deserve a World Title run more than Batista.

Why would it be fake? It's not like they said on a show he's injured after a chair shot. It may not be a serious injury but I don't think they would just say he's injured for a joke. But anyway I hope now they'll push people that deserve it like Kane, Benoit, or someone from another brand since Smackdown's stars are all getting injured.

One other possibility is to move RVD over to Smackdown and give him the belt. This would possibly get him to re-sign with the WWE so they don't lose him to freakin TNA. They give him a title run, then let him get "hurt" when the other guys get back, to get some time off and then he comes back. This way everyone wins. Or like I said earlier give the title to Kane.

Smackdown is screwed. Batista as the champ is like having Howard Finkel being the champ. Nobody will care. It will be painful to watch every week knowing that Batista is the champ. Hopefully Vince sends over someone to save the show or give a guy like Kane the title. He definitely deserves a run, he's been in the WWE for over a decade and has had only 1 title reign for less than 24 hours. They should have him extract revenge on Batista for taking out his brother. That would be a good angle and then turn Batista heel because everyone hates him already. Thats just my opinion.

i love tht idea or so good mid card wreeslters tht deserve the belt like matt hardy, chris benoit, kane, finlay, or trade some one to smackdown to hold the belt like hbk, edge, orton, rvd, umaga, cm punk,......... really this just might be a blessin in degiuse for some wrestle tht DESERVE THE BELT UNLIKE THT STERIOD BI..ITCH BATISITA BUT REALLY........this is a blow to sd day cuz first the deadman now mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr kennedayyyyyyyyyyyyy .............keneday

If he's injured badly this is truly a sad day. First Undertaker now Kennedy? The Smackdown main event scene literally just disintegrated into thin air. Who's left? Batista? Kane? Finlay maybe? That's it! Maybe Mark Henry when he comes back, and jesus who the hell even wants Henry back in the first place?

This does indeed suck. I guess they really are going to have him wait until WM24, damnit that pisses me off.

Hopefully this will only be short term as Kennedy is definately one of the brightest young talents the WWE has.

This sucks, first Booker, then Taker, now Kennedy, and Mysterio won't be back until Summerslam, is it possiable for SD! to lose any more major players, chirst it looks to me that we could see one hell of JD my prediction for the main events, Cena vs. Khali, and for SD!, Batista vs. Henry, boy bet that will get some buy rates, now if I were WWE, I would send Edge over to SD!, I don't think he and Batista have ever had a major feud and they could give Edge the title for the summer, or they could do this one, send Shane over to SD! and have him win the title from Batista, then they could do something along the lines of a tag match where Batista & Lashley team up to take on the McMahons

Now would be a good time to bring back someone like Burchill, and have him feud with MVP, after MVP wins the U.S. title, the MVP/Benoit feud has run it's course in my mind, and without the U.S.Title around his waist Benoit could focus on the main event

Mr. Kennedy was without a doubt SD!'s biggest heel draw imo. Now that he is injured without a date on when he is returning I think MVP should be the next choice to move up as a top heel as he has been gaining draw value fast since comming to SD! This certainly hurts any plans to make him cash in his title if they were going to have him cash in after the match with Batista and Taker in the cage. It also hurts more potential contenders to face Batista for the title at Judgement Day if he wins.

Yes, Edge vs. Mr. Kennedy is for his Money In The Bank. Kennedy is only going to be out at 6 months at most I bet though so he can still win and hold on to his MITB but they can phase him out of tv for a while and he makes a strong come back as they build him up or Edge can win and cash it in and face the winner of the steel cage and be a long term heel champion on SD! I would love Edge to be champion as I am a big fan of his but if Kennedy wins I wouldn't mind either.

To Thuganomics: I just posted that before you posted that. I'm not sure if you mean't spam post or just post in general. If you mean't spam post then we're good but if not just delete my post.

well, for what i saw on RAW, maybe now Edge is the chosen one and saves SD! its a shame that Kennedy could lose the Briefcase, even vs Edge, ....
man this sucks!!! Hopefully this injury is not as serious as Taker's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back