How should Mr Kennedy return?

Mr Kennedy needs to return at the Rumble. Like a professional athlete, Kennedy needs to show he can stay healthy before he is given any type of push. I would give him at least 6-12 months. I know that seems like a lot but Kennedy has been getting injured more times than most of us get drunk. Thats true story. Kennedy needs to work a good feud as well if he wants to stay in the hunt. At the moment, he is very unreliable and that is his downfall.

I can see Kennedy winning Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania. This time around, there should be some buildup before the match, maybe a feud with another MitB participant. It's just something to build momentum and legitimacy for a Kennedy win.

And then after Edge drops the WWE title to Jeff Hardy, I can see Edge battling Kennedy for the MitB briefcase just like after Wrestlemania 23. This time though, Kennedy should get the best of Edge as he rides a losing streak both in the ring and in his mind (Edge, I mean, of course).

I see Kennedy, depending on how creative deems fit, to battle for the title at, say, Wrestlemania 26 or a Smackdown taping in Green Bay, you know for hometown pride and momentum a la Cena.

I see Mr. Kennedy returning on Raw and cutting a really pointless promo about a really pointless movie...oh wait.

Seriously when is everyone gonna get over Mr. Kennedy? Exactly what has he shown us? He has had like 3 good matches, not even close to great ones, either. He gets injured too much, and his mic work has only shown shades of greatness. I just do not see Mr. Kennedy as a future world champion. If it happens he will be the CM Punk of Smackdown, a guy everyone will soon realize isn't fit to carry an entire brand.

I see Mr. Kennedy returning on Raw and cutting a really pointless promo about a really pointless movie...oh wait.
It was'nt pointess, he was promoting a movie that will help his career in the long run. Much like Cena when he had promos last year for the same thing.

Seriously when is everyone gonna get over Mr. Kennedy?
When he gets what he deserves ; a title. He's been extremely unlucky with his injuries at the same time an idiot for taking performance enhancing drugs

Exactly what has he shown us? He has had like 3 good matches, not even close to great ones, either.
Kennedy has shown alot, he showed he can wrestle and has alot of confidence when he is in the ring. He is also a very good wrestler. His matches have been good, i agree that most have'nt shown great skill but there decent enough for a wrestler who is young and starting out

He gets injured too much.
Thats an unfortunate fact in wrestling, in the future those constant hits and slams on the ring mat and chairs will start taking its toll on your body, whether or not you protect yourself. Anther reason to why he is allways injured is because the people he may be working with have'nt got good techniques.

and his mic work has only shown shades of greatness.
His promos have shown alot of greatness, theres been countless promos in which fans have enjoyed them. he is great on the mic

I just do not see Mr. Kennedy as a future world champion. If it happens he will be the CM Punk of Smackdown, a guy everyone will soon realize isn't fit to carry an entire brand.
I do, and i'm sure he will not be the CM Punk on Smackdown, Punk was clearly a transitional champion and nothing more. Kennnedy looks set to win the title and be a "title holder" not a transitional champion. Kennedy can carry the whole brand, Triple H built up his career like kennedy and look where he is now.......

I'm a huge Kennedy fan so I still hope there is some chance that his career can get back on track. His recent injuries and suspension has really set him back. So if Vince still wants to push him, he needs to come back in a big way. I think turning him heel again would be the best bet, he was a quality heel. Have him screw Jeff Hardy out of the WWE title, and have him join Edge, or something along those lines.
With out a doubt Kennedy has the potential to be a big time player in the WWE, he's got the look, the charisma, and although it could use some work, the in-ring ability (yeah I said it).

I just wanted to say that I am not like attacking all of the Kennedy marks with my post. I am saying that there is so much unwarranted love for this guy and I just don't get it. He really hasn't done that much. He has won one mid-card title, Money In The Bank, and I just can't think of anything else. I actually kind of like Mr. Kennedy, but he has done absolutely nothing to deserve any sort of title shot. He just hasn't done much yet, and people talk about him winning the Royal Rumble and stuff like that, I just don't understand. I agree there maybe something great in Mr. Kennedy but for right now he just needs to show everyone more.

Personally I think if WWE really wanted to push and build Kennedy into this huge superstar he has the potentional to be, than they should move him over to ECW, and have him feud and win the title from Matt Hardy than give him a lengthly reign with the belt, kinda but not exactly like what they did with Lashley, then in a year or so have him be drafted back to one of the other two major brands, stick him in a few high profile feuds, and then maybe if he has proven that he can stay injury free and out of trouble, and can be the superstar his fans know he can be, give him a shot at the WWE or WHC

Im loving the idea of Kennedy as ECW champ. I have yet to gain understanding on why the FUCK they havent put this belt on either Kennedy of MVP, and let them have the show to run with. Matt Hardy is bland on bland with a side order of bland. At least Kennedy or MVP could keep us entertained with mic work. I think we can all accept this is as high as Matt Hardy will ever rise. On the other hand, Kennedy, I belive still has a slim chance to be a huge star. Let him have this, and run with it.

Not gonna happen though. SD! is absolutely starved for face talent, and Shelton Benjamin has a whole bunch of nobody to feud with over the US title. As far fetched as it may sound, he might still have the fuckin belt by the time Kennedy comes back. I mean. Who is he gonna drop to??? Kung Fu fucking Naki?? no. I say Kennedy comes back in the Rumble, to eliminate the years obligitory "monster who has destroyed everyone" by ducking out of the way and pulling the rope down when he is charged by said monster (im thinking Umaga for this transaction). Then wins the US title his first match back Ultimate Warrior style, the next friday.

I agree. I love Kennedy...Kennedy!!! Thing is, he's had chance after chance after chance...I mean c'mon now! Gets hurts soon after he debuts ( I remember watching live in Cincinnati that he didn't look ok), losing MITB, and now this. I wanna say I'm missing another one or two, but it's hard to count when he's been gone about as long as he's actually competed. He's a great talent and could def be the one of the top guys. He needs to stay healthy.

If and when he gets back in the ring, start with Shelton or R Truth. See how that goes, maybe a legit U.S title run ( that first reign was lame), and then work him up with Umaga and Jeff. Hell try Undertaker ( that wasn't too bad a few years back). I just don't want him to get released.

There are Kennedy marks in this thread but that is cool. What I think draws many people to Kennedy is that there are no high energy faces that get the crowd involved with their promos anymore (ala Y2J, The Rock, Austin), and Kennedy is the closest we have in today's WWE. Kennedy has a catch phrase and although its not much, it is enough to keep fans interested and excited when he comes out. He doesn't get huge pops for nothing.

Kennedy is going to be a star simply based on the fact he can sell merchandise, he can cut a good promo, he keeps the crowd involved, and he is pretty good in the ring. We (as a whole) are not saying he should be given a title shot at the Rumble and win at Mania this year (although I did see some people mention that...are you crazy? way too soon), he should one day rise to that level if he can stay on television and develop the character along the direction it is currently in.

He needs to be in the mid card for a year. Don't waste him by having matches with HHH, Taker, Edge, etc. He is not ready. Don't force him down our throats as a ME yet. Let him develop the old fashioned way. Have him have a very very very very strong US Title reign (kind of like HBK's IC Title reigns) in 2009, and by 2010 he will be ready for the main event. We have to believe he can win, and if he was in the ME at the next PPV we wouldn't believe it. He is not ready to carry a show yet as the top face or top heel.

i think the next united states champion is kennedy. he always lose matches and becomes injure. a feud with r-truth wont be not bad.he had never won a title since the 1. september 2006. he is a wrestler who has got talent.but the wwe doesnt give him a title chance.i would be happy when he will win a title soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back