Mr.Kennedy!... Kennedy!

cmedge

The Abdi
Apparently TNA has nothing going for the very talented Mr.Anderson or Kennedy whatever you would like to call him. So do you think this will lead to a very angry Kennedy leaving the company and returning to WWE? I know it seems unrealistic because of how much he hates the WWE but I mean worse things have happened before. Anderson is an example of a superstar who is the full package. He has unlimited amounts of charisma, great mic worker and he can pull of a good match. His only problems were his backstage issues with some main event talent and how he used to get injured so much which hasn't happened much in Impact shockingly! Kennedy has the potential to be a big time player in the WWE.

So I have a few questions.

1) Do you want to see Mr.Kennedy/Anderson return?

2) Would you rather have him be heel/face

3) Who would he work with if he returned?

I like Mr. Anderson, but I don't think I'd be overly excited to see him return to the WWE. I really don't see it happening anyway. The WWE has plenty of guys at Kennedy's level already.

I really don't really care as long as it's consistent. Seemed like Anderson had a change of heart every week in TNA.

I think he'd be working with the upper middle card guys like Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, etc. TNA really botched Anderson's world title runs. I doubt WWE would look at him as a main event guy, at least right away.

If TNA would release Ken Anderson it would be a mistake for WWE not to pick him up. They dropped the ball with him to begin with. Could see him return as a face initially. Could be interesting to see a feud between him and Cody Rhodes over the Intercontinental Championship. The mic duel between the two would have the potential to very entertaining and allow Cody to take those mic skills of him to the main event level. While I cant say I was ever a huge fan of his, he is still very entertaining and has value.

People have "hated" WWE before. Nearly all of them come back at some point.

Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Sable.... just to name a few.

You got to realize it is a business first and foremost. What is good for business?

Miiiiiisttttttteeeeerrrrrrrr Keeeeennnneeedddddyyyyyyy............ Keeeeennnnnneeeeddddyyyyy!

Kennedy....Kennedy to me was that guy who I enjoyed while he was there, but when he was released I didn't really care nor do I really miss him in WWE. The guy was injured from time to time that sometimes it felt like he wasn't in the company. Now I don't know if he's any healthier since signing with TNA, but I doubt the WWE would want him back after the whole bashing Orton situation, let alone need him. As I recall, he was doing just fine in TNA, a two time world champion. But to not have him show up on your show in two months is reprehensible.

Kennedy does have great mic skills, so I think he'll be confident and solid as either. I like him better as a heel though. In fact, if he returned to WWE, I would LOVE to see him work with Orton. It's no secret that the two have heat with each other, but so did Booker T and Batista back in 2006 and it worked. Hell, Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle had a ton of matches. Kennedy can return as a heel by costing Orton huge matches, and then state that he came to get revenge on Orton for costing him his job (in his perspective). I think that would be edgy, but sadly some of the audience won't remember who he is.

I don't miss Kennedy in the WWE or TNA ring - and his return to either wouldn't excite me any.

He's an average worker - not bad, but certainly not great - and I wouldn't put it on the level of Punk, Ziggler, Bryan, Roode or Styles.

His mic work is highly over rated. When he was in the WWE, the only memorable thing he ever said was "Kennedy" ... eventually it got old. His TNA promos were slightly more entertaining, but I felt that he relied way too much on cursing to get cheap pops from the crowd.

The poster that said the WWE dropped the ball on Kennedy ---

How exactly did that happen?

He won the Money in the Bank match at WrestleMania 23. Considering that EVERY wrestler that has cashed in the briefcase has won the title, it's safe to assume that the WWE was ready to put the title on Kennedy. Unfortunately, Kennedy was injured soon after WrestleMania and then lost his MITB briefcase to Edge. His injury was not a matter of the WWE dropping the ball on him...

He was then supposed to be the big reveal of the company's biggest story line in 2007/08. But before he could be named as VKM's bastard son, he was suspended for his part in a WWE steroid scandal - yea, 11 guys being involved makes it a scandal to me.

In 2009, he allegedly botched a spot so badly that Randy Orton complained that Kennedy was an unsafe worker.

So let's see ... the WWE tried to push the guy twice only to have an injury and a suspension derail his rise ... then he allegedly nearly injured one of the company's two biggest stars. Yep. That sounds like the WWE "dropped the ball" on Kennedy.

i actullay would like to see him return i always liked him i think hes gold as a heel with his asshole gimmick but i think he would be able to do such great things in wwe.

heel without a doubt to me hes boring as a face and his gimmick/in ring style has never been one a face would have to me.

honestly id LOVE to see him work with cm punk! let these guys just go out and say what they want on the mic and they could have great promo battles back and forth and i think these 2 guys would work really well with each other another guy i think he could work well with is dolph ziggler only because ziggler makes everybody look great and they would be able to have an intersting heel vs heel fued

I think the guy's kind of overrated in my opinion. It's not to say that the guy isn't talented but in typical IWC fashion, Anderson's marks have hyped his overall talent to a massive level that he just simply doesn't possess.

Anderson's chief asset is his mic work. The guy does shine on the mic and can deliver a promo. He's much better when he's not resorting to lame sex jokes & penis references that sound extremely lame coming from your average 14 year old, let along a 35 year old man. After Anderson got into his "asshole" phase, he just became progressively less interesting in TNA. He came across more as a guy that was out there to be cute & funny while, simultaneously, trying to come across as edgy and failing miserably.

As far as his ability in the ring goes, he's pretty solid though he's nothing to really get super excited about. He knows how to tell a story inside the ring and usually puts on solid matches, so that's always a plus. But he's never going to be on the level of guys like AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, CM Punk, Ziggler, Bryan, etc. inside the ring.

Anderson strikes me as a guy that TNA had a lot of faith in at one point and just suddenly lost interest after he got to the top. Ironically, Anderson's time as TNA World Heavyweight Champion was the weakest I've ever seen the guy booked. His title runs were beyond mediocre and it really damaged his credibility as a main eventer. He hasn't wrestled on TNA programming or ppvs in months and he's just floating along out there. I wonder why there aren't hordes of internet fans screaming that he isn't being "used right" the we there are whenever some internet favorite in WWE falls from grace.

I don't particularly miss Anderson in WWE. WWE pushed the guy to the moon, they gave him tons of time on television, high profile ppv matches and generally invested a lot of time in him without really getting much of anything in return. I'm not blaming Anderson for his injuries, injuries can happen to anyone in wrestling at anytime. It's only that the WWE would be on a roll with Anderson and them, bam, he tears a muscle in his back or his triceps or whatever. Then, whatever momentum gained was gone and they had to start over with the guy. Him allegedly almost reinjuring Orton may have been the final straw but I have a feeling Vince had also just lost faith and maybe even interest in him.

If WWE offered Anderson enough money, he'd return in a heartbeat. If I'm not mistaken, I might be so don't take this as rock solid, but I vaguely remember reading something about Anderson saying that he was interested in returning to WWE but there wasn't any interest in him at the time. Anderson signed with TNA not long after that. Anderson's stock isn't all that high in TNA. At this time last year, he was one of the top guys on their roster and now he's become relatively obscure after a dreadful time as the top guy in the company. I doubt WWE is all that interested.

First off...creative having "nothing for Mr. Anderson" really says a lot about TNA creative. That's almost like a report on WWE creative not having anything for Randy Orton, thus keeping him off tv. Really? Nothing? Not a soul or program for the guy to work with?

Anyways, it be fun to see him come back to back. I would want him to be a heel but then again I don't know what face I would want to see him work with. Oh wow I'm so lazy. Yeah just keep him off tv. I'm going on break.

I think Anderson will return and feud with Bobby Roode after the Hrdy feud is over. I think they would compliment each other very well, and the extra rest has allowed Anderson to get over his nagging injuries he has,.
Anderson is under TNA contract and he wont return to WWE while Randy Orton is a headline act and in the good books with management.

1) Absolutely! I would mark out like a thirteen-year-old if "Miiiiissttteeeeeerrrr" roared onto the PA during the Rumble, for example. Not because of his wrestling ability, but because of his mic work which is second to very few in the business, in my opinion. Just the mark-out factor would be enough for me, but seeing him back on a regular basis would be something different ... I don't think a fresh face in the mix would be bad for either Smackdown or RAW; quite the contrary.

2) I'd have him come back as the entertaining heel. The face shtick could backfire with the potential resentment from his last run (and the injuries he unfortunately suffered). An entertaining heel, though, could really work.

3) I'd like to see him work an angle with Dolph Ziggler. They're somewhat similar in the ring and Anderson could help Ziggler with the mic work, while Ziggler helps Anderson with the ring work. I think that could be a very good angle to run with into Mania.

Not especially. He was too often hurt in WWE for me to make a real judgement on his talent, and his TNA run has been uneventful. He seems like a really animated guy who could be great on the mic, but all I've ever seen him do, in TNA at least, is call people assholes for a cheap pop.

Probably heel.

Whoever is the US/IC title picture at the time.

All that said, I'm pretty sure that I've read that he really wants to transition into movies. Maybe in TNA is actually playing it smart and not doing anything because they don't believe he'll be around long term.

Anyway, Kenderson will never be in a WWE ring if Orton is still on the roster. Wasn't the reason they released him because Orton complained about Kenderson dropping him on his shoulder.

Ken won't come back to WWE, Well i can't say that, He might want to, But the WWE probably don't want him, And Randy would whine and complain and kick his feet about it. Plus in my opinion, once they got rid of Kennedy, they had the Miz to fill his place. Kennedy is not missed in the WWE.

Personally, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever seeing Mr. Kennedy return to WWE. For that matter, I don't miss him one iota over the last period of time that he has gone on the missing list in TNA.

I have never been a big fan of him in either company at any point in his career. His in ring work is average at best, which when combined with his alleged tendency to botch moves, makes him more of a liability than an asset. He has always been injury prone, making it extremely difficult to give him a sustained push because as soon as someone invests some time or energy in him, he seems to go on the shelf. His mic work can be pretty good, although I find his schtick has gotten old and redundant. He says his surname twice, he talks about Green Bay, Wisconsin, and he likes asshole jokes. Time for some new material if you ask me.

Where would he go if he returned to WWE? He's certainly getting nowhere near any belts, and they have a number of mid card guys who should be higher on the priority list than him. I guess he could get a 5 second pop as a surprise entrant in the Rumble, until his shortcomings resurface and he is back to suspended animation again.

I say keep him where he is. He has already talked about retirement not being too far away. Let him hang up the boots with at least the prospect of being a big fish in a little pond, rather than returning to WWE to fade away into obscurity.

I love Kennedy, I especially loved his 2006-2007 run, but no. I think that a Kennedy return would take the limelight off of the new stars like Rhodes and Barrett. Even if he returned to Raw instead then he would be hogging the
spotlight from people who have been working their ass off since he left.

Heel. I loved his feud with HBK, I love his arrogance when he gets on the mic and repeats his name, its just a heel thing.

Younger guy. Maybe Barrett since Orton will be out for a prolonged amount of time and Wade has no real "Veterans"" to feud with.

Apparently TNA has nothing going for the very talented Mr.Anderson or Kennedy whatever you would like to call him.
It happens.
So do you think this will lead to a very angry Kennedy leaving the company and returning to WWE?
Wrestlers don't have a luxury of jumping ship everytime creative has nothing for them.
I know it seems unrealistic because of how much he hates the WWE but I mean worse things have happened before.
:headscratch: I thought he got fired from the WWE?
Anderson is an example of a superstar who is the full package.
Huge fan of Mr Kennedy, but please, full package? Great on the mic, but average wrestler.
Kennedy has the potential to be a big time player in the WWE
On smackdown maybe. Raw? I doubt it. He went no where when he was on raw last time.

Do I? Yes as long as he is used properly. As I said, I'm a big fan I wouldn't change the channel if he was on the tv.

Not really phased. As long as he talks. I can't think of anybody I would really enjoy seeing him wrestle, so it don't really matter heel or face.

Again, no idea. But they wouldn't put him in the ME yet, so obviously it would be a midcarder. Again, hopefully on smackdown.

I'm am so glad I'm not the only one that thinks Mr. Kennedy is overrated. His in ring skills are definately not what everyone says they are. They are below average if you ask me. While his mic skills are pretty good it just doesn't cut it for me. He doesn't get as much heel heat as a main event heel should but yet WWE insist in him being a big time player.

So

Honestly I don't want him to return. With guys like Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barret and heck even Del Rio that haven't reached their full potential it could hinder their progress to becoming full time stars.

If he was to return I hope it would be face. That way if he doesn't get a cheer he would be doing his job better as a face than doing it as a main event heel. He would get some cheers and definately more cheers than what he gets boo's because like I said before, he isn't the greatest heel.

Who would he work with if he returned?

Depends. If he is heel then I could really see him having an angle with Rey Mystertio or someone like Zack Ryder to start off in the mid card. But if WWE were serious on him being a top heel then he could even work a program with CM Punk (not that I would enjoy it). If he was face he would probably go to Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler. Wouldbe benefitting for everyone.

I know it seems unrealistic because of how much he hates the WWE ....

Does he hate WWE? Whether it was injuries, backstage problems, or whatever that led to him being released, I always figured he knew exactly what caused it; no need for him to hate them. If there wasn't another wrestling organization for him to go to, maybe he would have worked harder at mending his fences and staying where he was. Of course, this is the good (and bad) of having an alternative place to work.

A more pertinent question might be why TNA hasn't had anything for him since November. He came into that company with great fanfare and they made him their world champion pretty quickly, no? If he's got the amazing charisma the OP refers to, what has caused his disappearance in Dixie Land?

Personally, I think the injury issues were the primary cause of his downfall in WWE. Yes, we're supposed to feel sorry for someone who's hurt, but after awhile, management sits up and realizes that a performer who spends a lot of time on the disabled list isn't doing the company any good. As I remember with Mr. Kennedy in WWE, he was out of action for many months and when he finally came back, he hurt his wrist in his very first match back, leading the company to dismiss him a day or two later. Backstage issues might have exacerbated his problems, but we don't really know that.

As I said, if a person is injury-prone, the sympathy for him only goes so far, because the last thing an employer wants to do is pay good money for no return on investment.

Maybe Ken Anderson should come up with a Zack Ryder routine for himself in TNA......get himself noticed and back on the Spike-o-Meter. If his personality and charisma is so great, it might work.

I won't blame the guy for his injuries. I hate it when in any sport a guy gets shit on because he is hurt. That said it is a deterrent for the WWE.

Secondly he has been called by some other high ranking workers unsafe. I think one of the worst things you can be in pro wrestling is an unsafe worker. A lot of people believe that was a big reason he was fired in the first place.

I'm not gonna talk like he is on the level of an HBK in ring, he is pretty mediocre in my eyes. I'm also not gonna compare him to The Rock on the mic, though he is better than most guys. He could serve a purpose, an upper midcard guy, probably get an IC or US title reign or two but he has been so misused in TNA do people want to see him back?

This is really Anderson's fault because they have nothing for him. Think back to when he won his first title and talked about how was told how to walk and talk during his run with the WWE. I remember reading an article in a wrestling magazine where he came up with the Asshole gimmick during his run in the WWE and Vince told him it wasn't going to work. Then he just kept getting hurt every time he comes back from an injury.

I don't want him to return to WWE. If they really see some big money in Mr. Anderson they will bring him back but they don't. TNA was just pushing him to the moon and look what happen to him. He was going from face/heel back and forth in one year and he was world champion twice, but he was booked weak after he won the titles two times. He might as well drop the Asshole gimmick and just be Anderson. Maybe he making a lot of money on merchandise and now they have nothing for him at this point. He is not that good in the ring. He is good on the mic when he doesn't go all over the place with the Asshole gimmick.

I'm a huge fan of Mr. Anderson. I especially liked him from 2005-2008. That said, I'm not sure if I want to see him back in WWE. (And honestly, the chances of him coming back there are as good as the Ultimate Warrior joining Impact Wrestling to start a feud with a returning Hulk Hogan.) If he came back, chances are he'd be jobbing to people like Cody Rhodes....and I'd rather not see that. He's better off in IW. At least they gave him two runs as their top champion. (Bad booking of him aside.)

Heel. The guy just makes a better heel as opposed to a face that caters to the audience.

I think him as a heel working with Sheamus could be interesting. Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Zack Ryder....any of those guys.

He won't return though. He hates the WWE and some of the top guys in it. Plus, he seems to want to get into acting more. I just hope his time in IW isn't done. The guy is just too entertaining to not be on tv. WWE isn't the only game in town, you know.

i would love to see him back on wwe - he was good on the mic and had average wrestling skills - i would like to see him return as an anti hero a bit like stone cold . i think there are plenty of matches for him to have or rehave. would he be in the main event - well give it a year or so and why not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back