Would The Miz be the current "poster child" if Kennedy was still around

Status
Not open for further replies.
They stopped Jeff Hardy in the end...

Did Jeff Hardy die? Why is it the end?

Miz has transformed into a real main eventer, a real champion

Cashed in MITB after 9 people beat down Orton. Upset John Morrison. Beat Jerry LOLer. Beat John Cena at Wrestlemania with the help of The Rock.

Still recall Mr. Kennedy defeating Kane and Undertaker IMMEDIATELY.

But that's okay... "Mr. Anderson is just a talentless hack". The same guy who is behind pushing The Miz.. couldn't possibly have thought Anderson was better if he pushed Anderson like that from the get go...

Anderson is a victim of Backstage Politics.. and now officially WWE Smarks(just like everything on Impact Wrestling)

Nobody's coddling McMahon's balls, it's just pure fact.

You are... Miz is... why else would Miz get a limo, a million dollars, VIP treatment as 1 time champion when someone like CM Punk is a 3x Champion and probably doesn't get half the treatment of The Miz... is The Miz better than CM Punk too?

Riddle me this. Anderson cuts promos that are supposed to become increasingly annoying and you get increasingly annoyed with him. Miz cuts promos that are supposed to get him further over as a heel and more and more you start talking about how great he is. How does this make Miz better at doing his job on the mic than Anderson? The spot they were grooming Kennedy for was obviously much more high profile than this second fiddle run they just gave Miz. Since the whole "working hard" schtick makes no sense compared to practically ever other wrestler in history I have long assumed they are actually referring to a hardness in Vince's pants.

Did Jeff Hardy die? Why is it the end?

Cashed in MITB after 9 people beat down Orton. Upset John Morrison. Beat Jerry LOLer. Beat John Cena at Wrestlemania with the help of The Rock.

Still recall Mr. Kennedy defeating Kane and Undertaker IMMEDIATELY.

But that's okay... "Mr. Anderson is just a talentless hack". The same guy who is behind pushing The Miz.. couldn't possibly have thought Anderson was better if he pushed Anderson like that from the get go...

Anderson is a victim of Backstage Politics.. and now officially WWE Smarks(just like everything on Impact Wrestling)

You are... Miz is... why else would Miz get a limo, a million dollars, VIP treatment as 1 time champion when someone like CM Punk is a 3x Champion and probably doesn't get half the treatment of The Miz... is The Miz better than CM Punk too?
Jeff Hardy will never be in the WWE again, that's why it's over. His WWE career is over.

Who gives a rat's ass about Kennedy winning against Kane and 'Taker? Was he EVER a WWE Champ? Never. We're running in circles here, are you really trying to say that Kennedy had a better WWE career than Miz? Like... really? Miz is a top star, while Kennedy is struggling to accomplish anything over on Impact.

What are you talking about? How do you know whether or not Punk gets money or limos or VIP treatment? Are you in WWE management? No. Miz is being pushed as one of the faces of the company, that's why he's at the top. I'm sure all the top guys get that treatment.

Drug suspensions, injuries and a "bad attitude" did not stop Orton or Jeff Hardy.

Did you really bring up Hardy here, tell me, where is he right now? What put him there?

I find it amusing the lengths people go to when trying to pretend Miz is awesome. The difference between the two I guess comes down to personal taste but I just refuse to think ability to coddle mcmahon's balls is the most important skillset in prowrestling.

So what, is this your go to move now? Whenever you have nothing relevant to say, you just start talking about Vince's genitals? Seriously, this is at least the 3rd time I can recall you doing it. What's your obsession?

IMO you can measure true talent in WWE not by who gets to the main event spots but by who gets held back right on the edge from there. If you get there it means the few powers that be were not threatened by you because of your lack of talent.

Or, you know, you can judge by the things that matter like say, crowd response. You know, that very loud noise that happens whenever Miz makes his entrance into any arena? Oh I'm sorry, you don't watch Raw so you think that chatter of 900 people in the iMPACT Zone is what crowd response sounds like. Or promo ability, which has already been driven into the ground. Or even in ring ability, which is probably the only category that they're even close to each other in. However, Miz has never once had a match as horrible as Anderson's match with RVD at Victory Road.

No you're right, let's just go with your idea. :rolleyes:

Riddle me this. Anderson cuts promos that are supposed to become increasingly annoying and you get increasingly annoyed with him. Miz cuts promos that are supposed to get him further over as a heel and more and more you start talking about how great he is. How does this make Miz better at doing his job on the mic than Anderson?

Anderson annoys me because his promos are always the same and because he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's not doing it on purpose, he's just failing on the mic. Miz is garnering good heel heat, I can appreciate that for what it is. I've sung Anderson's praises, back when I enjoyed him, but he's not doin' the job anymore. Would you say that Anderson is doing a good job? Honestly?

Jeff Hardy will never be in the WWE again, that's why it's over. His WWE career is over.

Highly doubt it.

Who gives a rat's ass about Kennedy winning against Kane and 'Taker? Was he EVER a WWE Champ? Never. We're running in circles here, are you really trying to say that Kennedy had a better WWE career than Miz? Like... really? Miz is a top star, while Kennedy is struggling to accomplish anything over on Impact.

Well Anderson won the World Title in TNA.. far as I'm concerned that's a World Title win. The only difference between TNA and WWE is dollars and viewership... they both air ppvs.. they both are professional wrestling... they both have a weekly primetime tv show...

What are you talking about? How do you know whether or not Punk gets money or limos or VIP treatment? Are you in WWE management? No. Miz is being pushed as one of the faces of the company, that's why he's at the top. I'm sure all the top guys get that treatment.

I'm thinking it was reported on this site that The Miz was receiving that. And I don't think Punk does.. if he is considering not signing again. The only people that probably get the VIP treatment from the WWE are John Cena, Randy Orton, and now The Miz. SOME REAL TOP ENTERTAINERS THERE..... even though I think I've heard people throw boring around with them.. quite a bit.

Anderson annoys me because his promos are always the same and because he doesn't know what he's talking about. He's not doing it on purpose, he's just failing on the mic. Miz is garnering good heel heat, I can appreciate that for what it is. I've sung Anderson's praises, back when I enjoyed him, but he's not doin' the job anymore. Would you say that Anderson is doing a good job? Honestly?

You know.. I think Impact Wrestling is to blame a little bit for this as well. Anderson had the ball rolling earlier this year when he won the World Title.. the fact that TNA took it off of him after a month and then pursued to have him basically in the No.1 contenders spot for 5 months... probably hurt him and got people a little staled at him.

Highly doubt it.

Then you really must be stupid. He won't be back.

Well Anderson won the World Title in TNA.. far as I'm concerned that's a World Title win. The only difference between TNA and WWE is dollars and viewership... they both air ppvs.. they both are professional wrestling... they both have a weekly primetime tv show...

TNA's World Title =/= WWE's World Title. Not even close. WWE's world title has a prestige about it, but not only that Anderson had a terrible, forgettable reign, whereas Miz had a nice, long reign.

Wait a second, though, you're telling me that Anderson would be better in the WWE based on the fact that he held a second rate World Title? Not only that, but Hardy wasn't even dressed for the match. I'd take Miz winning the title over Anderson winning the title ANY DAY.

I'm thinking it was reported on this site that The Miz was receiving that. And I don't think Punk does.. if he is considering not signing again. The only people that probably get the VIP treatment from the WWE are John Cena, Randy Orton, and now The Miz. SOME REAL TOP ENTERTAINERS THERE..... even though I think I've heard people throw boring around with them.. quite a bit.

You really are a dumbass. The "John Cena Sucks" argument. He's not boring. You're just a moron. John Cena is an excellent performer, the fact that you can't see that is a testament to how much you know about wrestling. The face of the WWE, John Cena, is the best pro wrestler in the world today.

Now, I'm sure you'll say he's bad in the ring, but that's not all that goes into a pro wrestler. Cena's entertaining, charismatic, does the job right, has tons of fans, and understands how to work a match. Simple.

You know.. I think Impact Wrestling is to blame a little bit for this as well. Anderson had the ball rolling earlier this year when he won the World Title.. the fact that TNA took it off of him after a month and then pursued to have him basically in the No.1 contenders spot for 5 months... probably hurt him and got people a little staled at him.

They took the belt off of him because he sucked as champion. Then he sucked as Number One contender. Now he just sucks wherever. Sure, they may have killed his momentum, but he had already kick-started that for himself.

Here is the thing about your approach here. I find Cena bland and repetitive but I know he is talented. You are saying that being repetitive is a bad thing. The business side of wrestling history says otherwise. The trick is being talented enough to find some entertaining enough that you can continually sell to the audience over a long portion of time. You are dismissing Anderson while ignoring 95% of his career. That is pretty ridiculous IMO. For my tastes the asshole promos stayed around a little too long but we are over involved fans so we feel that way about everything. The fact is that there is substantial evidence that Anderson found something that sold and ran with it.

How is Anderson failing if he is doing it on purpose? Where I come from doing what you are trying to is called succeeding. How does just getting good heel heat make Miz obviously better than Anderson? Miz consistently follows an age old formula that works. Nothing wrong with that but there isn't anything that special about it either. In the ring Anderson murders Miz in understand psychology. Miz is a hero to simple people. Anderson is much more creative than that and some people that do not like new and different are put off by that. If you like simple and consistent by all means have fun with Mr. Averagesome. If I had to use one phrase to sum up my feelings on Miz it would be "limited upside." Which is why I do not understand why he is being put in one of those main spots.

Comparing the title situation is dumb. Miz would not and did not sniff the main event scene when Anderson was in WWE. There were too many bigger names there. Winning the WWE title now doesn't mean what it would have then.

Here is the thing about your approach here. I find Cena bland and repetitive but I know he is talented. You are saying that being repetitive is a bad thing. The business side of wrestling history says otherwise. The trick is being talented enough to find some entertaining enough that you can continually sell to the audience over a long portion of time. You are dismissing Anderson while ignoring 95% of his career. That is pretty ridiculous IMO. For my tastes the asshole promos stayed around a little too long but we are over involved fans so we feel that way about everything. The fact is that there is substantial evidence that Anderson found something that sold and ran with it.

How is Anderson failing if he is doing it on purpose? Where I come from doing what you are trying to is called succeeding. How does just getting good heel heat make Miz obviously better than Anderson? Miz consistently follows an age old formula that works. Nothing wrong with that but there isn't anything that special about it either. In the ring Anderson murders Miz in understand psychology. Miz is a hero to simple people. Anderson is much more creative than that and some people that do not like new and different are put off by that. If you like simple and consistent by all means have fun with Mr. Averagesome. If I had to use one phrase to sum up my feelings on Miz it would be "limited upside." Which is why I do not understand why he is being put in one of those main spots.

Comparing the title situation is dumb. Miz would not and did not sniff the main event scene when Anderson was in WWE. There were too many bigger names there. Winning the WWE title now doesn't mean what it would have then.
Clearly we won't get anywhere.

What Kennedy's doing isn't working for most people. There's a niche of people, which you're in, that think he's solid. Then again, you defend most anything TNA will do, but that's not the point. Kennedy isn't creative, he's pulling the same promos out word for word. The same idea doesn't bother me, but I can already tell you what an Anderson promo will contain. That bores me. It makes me change the channel. Is that what a heel is supposed to do?

Anderson's good in the ring, but he's not ahead of Miz. If anything, they're right around the same place. Depending on what person they're working with, they can put on a different caliber of match. Either man can be stellar in the ring, they can also be average. It just depends what week you catch them. The thing about that is that Miz has far more stellar weeks than Anderson does, therefore I find him more entertaining.

What Kennedy's doing isn't working for most people.

Source?

Kennedy isn't creative, he's pulling the same promos out word for word. The same idea doesn't bother me, but I can already tell you what an Anderson promo will contain. That bores me. It makes me change the channel. Is that what a heel is supposed to do?

Who cares what you do? You are one person. How does the bold part not contradict itself? Are you seriously trying to tell me Anderson more than Miz cuts the same promo over and over again for his career? Ludicrous.

Anderson's good in the ring, but he's not ahead of Miz. If anything, they're right around the same place. Depending on what person they're working with, they can put on a different caliber of match. Either man can be stellar in the ring, they can also be average. It just depends what week you catch them. The thing about that is that Miz has far more stellar weeks than Anderson does, therefore I find him more entertaining.

Ringwork is subjective. I'll leave it at that. I haven't seen Miz wrestle enough to know and I absolute hate the WWE style of wrestling anyway. Anderson has been in a near 5 star match. IMO Miz has never come close to that level and is certainly not stellar on a regular basis.

When it comes to Anderson/Kennedy, whatever you wanna call him, I like the guy but I definitely think he's a bit overrated. To hear some people talk about him, every promo is some epic happening and every match is a 5 star classic. In my opinion, his talent is somewhat exaggerated.

In my opinion, on the mic is where Anderson shines. He does have a legit natural charisma about him and I think he can flat out talk. More often than not, I enjoy his promos. As far as his in-ring work goes, the guy's ok but he's nothing special. I never really saw anything special from him in WWE or TNA.

As far as The Miz goes, I think he has a certain combination that Vince McMahon does want, especially in this day and age. Miz is someone that's worked incredibly hard, has always been willing to work harder than anyone else and doesn't do things or say stuff that can be potentially embarassing to the WWE. Simple truth is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I do think that he's somewhat weaker overall on the mic than Anderson is because Miz doesn't seem all that original. What he's doing works and he does a very good job in the role, but he doesn't come across as dynamic as Anderson. In the ring, I think Miz is the stronger of the two. I'm not saying that Miz is massively spectacular, but I'm generally more entertained by his matches. Once Miz gets going, after about 5 minutes or so, I think he generally does just fine. I've rarely seen Anderson in a match on tv to last longer than 5 minutes so maybe that's one reason why I'm not so crazy about him inside the ring.

Would Miz be where he is if Anderson/Kennedy was still in the WWE? I don't see why not. Anderson/Kennedy was well on his way to the main event scene in WWE at various times before being sidelined by injuries and Wellness Policy issues. Miz has only been a main event player for maybe 7.5 months. I see no reason to assume Miz wouldn't have risen to the heights he's reached simply if Anderson was still signed to the WWE. Anderson would, if things worked out perfectly the way they were intended, have been a legit main eventer for several years before Miz ever won MITB.

Most of you are looking at Mr.Anderson from TNA.

The official title of this thrad is 'Would The Miz be the current "poster child" if Kennedy was still around'

So, if Mr.Kennedy had been on WWE programming for the last 2 years. He could have improved his in-ring capability, like he has a little in TNA (could still use some more improvement). He would never have gotten the asshole gimmick and would have cut WWE promo's.

Mr Kennedy's push in the WWE was big if he never got injured he would have been World Champion for sure.

But I agree with most of you that he would not be the poster child. Just for the pure fact that Miz is working a lot harder for the WWE than Kennedy ever did/would.

i agree with the op. the miz is shit on the mic and in the ring. his promos are jericho 2.0, and he even started dressing and talking like him. and his ring work is attrocious. anderson is way better in the ring and on the mic, not to mention he has more charisma. anderson is not perfect, but he is definitely better than the miz.

but, i think the miz would still be where he is at because he has been working harder than anyone else. i just think anderson would be up on the top with him.

i dont understand this massive Miz-love. i dont think he's the poster boy, vince is just trying to shove him down our throats.
but lets compare miz and kennedy.
the miz is bland in the ring, he can't do anything impressive, whats does he have in the ring? he isn't strong enough to put on acts of strength, he isn't someone i would call athletic, he doesnt have the high flying skills, and theres nothing impressive about his ring psychology.
as for the mic. this is all he ever says: proved u people wrong, insult the hometown team, really? really? really? im them miz and im awesome. <---- thats gotten so boring.
i wouldn't call him a jericho 2.0, or a rock 2.0; in reality, he's just trying to copy them both, and you can see that, you can hear that. the only heat he ever gets is when he insults the hometown's teams. he barely gets a reaction when he comes out.

as for anderson, well, in the ring, he's a bit more exciting than the miz, my problem with him though, is how stiff he works, i normally like stiff workers, but anderson isn't good enough to have such a stiff style.
on the mic, anderson has just gotten so bland, he really needs to change his promo style. i dont like his mic work, but i would rather listen to him than the miz. barely.

and no, people dont think anderson sucks because he's on impact, people think he sucks because he just isnt very good. at all.

all in all, miz would be where he is at now, even if anderson were still around.

Well, I think so.

Miz is better than Anderson at really every aspect of wreslting. Promo's, in-ring skill's, facial expression's, he's actually worked on his in-ring skill's, and more importanly isn't a botch machine.

Anderson would've been a big player, but I think eventually his schick as Stone Cold 2.0 would've gotten boring. And, he probably would've lasted long anyway becuase of the fact that many wrestler's, including Shawn Michaels, Triple H, John Cena, and Randy Orton have said that Anderson is'nt a good worker. He's not that safe in the ring by any mean's.

Miz is better than Anderson at every aspect of wrestling, IMO. I think if Anderson wasn't a liar, botcher, and a bad worker he would've been a big player in WWE, but as we see in TNA, he still hasn't improved. Whereas Miz has drastically improved to the point where he's got a big change to be the next top face becuase of his cross-over appeal.

I believe The Miz would still be at the top position he is right now.

We're seeing Mr. Anderson in a top spot right now in TNA and a lot of the stuff he's making isn't the best quality. I think if he stayed in the WWE we would of seen him go up with the Money in The Bank but eventually die out of the main event scene. He's definitely overrated and from what we've seen, very prone to injuries.

We saw how hard Miz worked for his spot. Going to all the public events, basically putting his life on hold so that WWE championship belt could be around his waist. That determination couldn't be ignored for long.

Well, I think so.

Miz is better than Anderson at really every aspect of wreslting. Promo's, in-ring skill's, facial expression's, he's actually worked on his in-ring skill's, and more importanly isn't a botch machine.

Anderson would've been a big player, but I think eventually his schick as Stone Cold 2.0 would've gotten boring. And, he probably would've lasted long anyway becuase of the fact that many wrestler's, including Shawn Michaels, Triple H, John Cena, and Randy Orton have said that Anderson is'nt a good worker. He's not that safe in the ring by any mean's.

Miz is better than Anderson at every aspect of wrestling, IMO. I think if Anderson wasn't a liar, botcher, and a bad worker he would've been a big player in WWE, but as we see in TNA, he still hasn't improved. Whereas Miz has drastically improved to the point where he's got a big change to be the next top face becuase of his cross-over appeal.

You spelled Wrestling wrong. Disgrace.

Facial Expressions? Ah yes... you better have good facial expressions.... *rolls eyes* ...

And then you go on to say in TNA he still hasn't improved? What has he been botching? Who has he hurt that he's a bad worker? Complete bullshit.

Ya'll liked the WWE's watered down version of himself? TNA actually lets their wrestlers be themselves... what you hear Anderson say... he truly means... if you don't believe him when he says he wants to be World Champion.. then by golly.. ya'll crazy...

Not exactly the best source, but this place is my source. People are getting sick of him, I know I am.

Who cares what you do? You are one person. How does the bold part not contradict itself? Are you seriously trying to tell me Anderson more than Miz cuts the same promo over and over again for his career? Ludicrous.

But it's not just me, Shattered. It's a lot of other people. A lot of people on here that I talk to say the same thing, they just don't listen to Anderson anymore. Miz will use the same catchphrase, but his promo will have different topics, more substance. Anderson will, quite literally, cut the exact same promo over and over.

Ringwork is subjective. I'll leave it at that. I haven't seen Miz wrestle enough to know and I absolute hate the WWE style of wrestling anyway. Anderson has been in a near 5 star match. IMO Miz has never come close to that level and is certainly not stellar on a regular basis.

True, you can't really evaluate WWE ring work if you hate it. Anderson's match with Angle was great, I'll give him that, but to say Miz has never had a great match? That's a bit much. Miz and Morrison did an awesome job, Miz and Bryan put on some solid matches, Miz has had some damn good matches.

if u remember before anderson got into hot water the wwe was ready to give him a big push so if u wanna know the miz would not be the star he is if that had never happen

That's hard to answer. Kennedy was in for a huge push before he was either injured or failed a drug test (correct me if wrong, I can't remember). He could have been one of the top 3 guys in WWE right now if he weren't so lazy. He is a great talker and is ok in the ring. I can't really say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back