How should Mr Kennedy return?

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
Now moderators, I know there is an Official Mr Kennedy thread, but it hasn't been used for over 2 months and I believe this topic is a big deal. If you wish to merge them though, feel free to do so.

Before moving to Smackdown, Mr Kennedy looked ready for a huge push. He was supposed to be the 'son' of Vince McMahon, before he got suspended which screwed up his main event push, and was given to a midget. He also feuded with Shawn Michaels on Raw which was pretty damn good in my opinion as it showed the potential that Kennedy really has. He was also supposed to cash in his Money in the Bank title shot last year, but was injured at the time when he was booked to use it, so Edge took his spot instead.

So Kennedy has had bad luck to say the least. It's sad because I think he has potential to become the next big thing. I've liked him since his feud with the Undertaker in 2006. The guy can put on a good match and has great mic skills. His gimmick is good, and he was starting to get very over as a babyface before he got injured once again. But I mean, how many times can this guy get injured? Surely and hopefully this will be his last injury for a long time. The guy needs a main event push, as the WWE desperately needs to build fresh and young main eventers.

In my opinion, I think Kennedy should win the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 25 to finally become a legitimate main eventer. But if he were to return soon and unexpectedly, how do you think he should return? He is noticeably missing from the Smackdown opening video package which tells me he is either coming back in a shocking fashion, or he isn't coming back at all.

So how would you bring back Mr Kennedy? Who would he fued with? Should he eventually get his main event push that he deserves? Or is it too risky and should be used to push Jeff Hardy or someone else to the top? Let your thoughts be heard here.

Hmmm...my faith in Kennedy and his future has sadly receded in recent times. His future, yes, but never his abilities. He's in the top tier of mic work in WWE and can really draw a crowd into a match as both a heel and a face, as briefly shown before his injury this fall. His in-ring work isn't super-hyper-mega-fantastic (but seriously, whose IS in WWE?) but it perfectly suits the guy and with the proper opponent, he's had some five-star classics in my book.

Kennedy does however have the worst luck I've ever seen in wrestling, err, entertainment. Everytime he's on the brink of greatness, something happens. I don't know what it is...some guys are like that, I suppose. They have all the skills but crappy luck. But before his injury, he was on the verge of breaking into the WWE's upper echelon as far as being over is concerned. He was definitely one of SmackDown's, if not WWE's most over faces...just listen to the crowd reaction in some old clips. I think he was definitely on the path to US Championship gold and eventually, his deservant main event spot.

That's beside the point, however. I believe this is Kennedy's final chance to do something, ANYTHING in WWE. If it doesn't work, I do not find WWE releasing him any surprise at all. Regrettable, sure, but from a business standpoint, it's too much risk. Which is sort of strange, because Hardy is a risk factor as well. There are obvious parallels between Kennedy and Hardy here.

To bring him back successfully it should be a complete surprise. Let's say that Kozlov won a No Way Out Elimination Chamber match to face Triple H at 'Mania 25. Everyone of course hates this, and while Kozlov is on a monster push, destroying everyone in his way, he has a long promo in the ring. Who should appear but MISTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR KENNEDY, KENNEDY? Kennedy wins a Beat the Clock race a couple of weeks later, allowing him to face Kozlov for the #1 Contendership and WrestleMania match.

Kennedy narrowly manages to defeat Kozlov, but post-match he is attacked by Hunter. They push this as a career-threatening injury, and have no choice but to reinstate Kozlov into the WrestleMania match. However, at WrestleMania everybody expects Kozlov to appear but Kennedy does instead. Kennedy and Hunter both do their best to give the crowd a five-star match and succeed. Kennedy wins the match and becomes Champion.

Of course, this might never happen but it'd be awesome to see. It would definitely mean a hell of a lot more for Kennedy to win the title as a face on WrestleMania, not to mention us, his fans. But I doubt that he'd get a monster push like that so quickly after his return. But that's what I envisioned.

Sometimes I forget Mr. Kennedy is even a current 'Entertainer' because I haven't seen him in so long.

Well, when Mr. Kennedy comes back I don't see him getting thrown straight into a WWE Championship victory at WrestleMania although I think would be alright I just don't see Vince letting him win it at WM25 straight after coming back.

I think he should return in a fued against Kozlov. The way I see it is this. Kozlov is in the ring complaining about wanting more competition just like normal and then Mr. Kennedy returns and is his loud mouth self and then says to him "If you want competition, there is no bigger competition than Mr. Kennedy.....KENNEDY!!!!". Then they have a match, Kozlov wins though then Mr. Kennedy moves on to the US Championship picture.

Would be cool for him to win the WWE Championship, but it won't happen until after 'Mania25 so the US title would be ok for him to use as a stepping stone for the WWE Championship (Yes I am aware he's had the US Championship before).

That is unless he doesn't get wished well in his future endeavours anytime soon.

Hmmm if it were me I would have a special 6 pack challenge for the US title advertisd for SmackDown!.

It would be between the champ (either R Truth or Shelton, depends who is champ) the other of those two, Umaga, MVP, TBK and Kung-Fu Naki. Anyway just before the match we see in the back that Kung-Fu-Naki has been laid out by Umaga.

Before the bell Justin Roberts announces that KFN is unable to compete so taking his place will be........from Mexico, El Andersoro, a masked Mexican wrestler.

This mysterious gentleman of course wins the match and as Justin is announcing the winner 'and the winner of the match....' El Andersoro cuts him off and grabs the mike... he then jumps in the ring, tosses the mike down and holds his hand to the sky.

Down comes the Mr Kennedy microphone 'Misssssssterrrrrrrrr Kennnedddyyyyyyy' he takes off the mask, jumps on the rope 'Kennnnnneddyyyyyyy'

Well I'd like it. :)

Kennedy needs to stop himself getting injured. I forgot he was still contracted by the WWE until I read this thread, which means the fans will probably have forgotten about him as well. Which means they can bring him back in some surprising way, which would be a good move. But if he gets injured again, the WWE wouldn't really have a choice but to release him. If he's too injury prone, then there would be no point in keeping him. He would become too much of a liability.

As for how he would return, I quite like adampembrey's idea. Have some sort of elimination match, for either the US or WWE titles, and have one of the competitors get injured, leaving the door open for a mystery competitor. Then have Kennedy come out as a masked competitor. (BTW, EL Anderso is a stupid name. It should be El Kenardo. :lmao:) Have him get knocked out in some massive spot and at the last minute have him run in, hit someone with his finisher, something new, and win the title. And then he should do his trademark; get the mic from the ceiling, unmask himself, shout "Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kennnnnnnnnnnnedyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy", climb the turnbucle "...Kennnnnnnedyyyyy."

Another option is to have him come back with a new gimmick. I don't have any ideas, but creative probably do. Kennedy's the kid of person that could make another gimmick work, but it would still have to be like him in some way. But I would prefer him to return in some kind of elimination match, much more entertaining and exciting that way.

I think he will return to Smackdown. It's a better place for him to work off his ring rust then going straight to the A show. I would put him in a feud with Hardy and at the end of the feud have a match for the #1 contender spot, which Kennedy will win, and go onto beat trips for the title. Now there is always a worry that he will get hurt again which is very much possible. If he gets hurt again I think WWE will have no choice but to fire him. They can't spend money on a guy who keeps getting hurt.

Kennedy is such a talented wrestler and his mic skills are also very good. It was a shame before his move to Smackdown he was suspended because as the OP said that "son" angle was looking quite good then Kennedy screwed it up for himself. i must admit when Kennedy was suspended i was hugely disapointed and in the end that "son" angle got ****** when they used Hornswoggle. Yes the feud with Shawn michaels was excellent and it did show the talent he possesed. I think thsi feud really helped Kennedy get on the "market" if you like. i also felt bad for him last year when he was injured, once againhe was all set for a big push then he suddenly gets a an injury. is this guy prone to injuries or what?

Personally the arguement about Kennedy having bad luck is pointless, he took performance enhancing drugs and stupidly got himself injured when he should be more careful. I think his feud with the Undertaker has to be the highlight of his career to date, the feud its self was good and the first blood match they competeted in was outstanding. Like i said earlier most of these injuries Kennedy has suffered are stupid, is it that the wrestlers he is competing against are like Batista? They can't do a simple bodyslam properly or is it Kennedy himself?

Personally i don't think Kennedy should win a title as big as the WWE championship at WrestleMania, i say he is still a mid card wrestler and nothing above that. Yes he has had great feuds/matches but when he comes back hes bound to be rusty and "jetlagged"

There was talk of Kennedy being released from WWE along with other wrestlers like Paul Burchill if this were to happened his would yet again be an epic fail by the WWE. I hope Kennedy comes back soon and he returns to Smackdown. He could maybe feud with Triple H or The Undertaker once again.

I personally think Kennedy isn't a main eventer, especially when he comes back. he was in the past but the question is would he be able to be one when he returns?. I also think he should'nt be used to push people like Jeff Hardy, Hardy is already at a higher level then Kennedy, obviously Kennedy>>>>>Hardy but at the moment Jeff is in a title shot position.

I just hope they use Kennedy right when he returns, he deserves a decent winning streak when he returns and not to get jobbed!

When Kennedy come back he will basically have to start over, alot of fans have forgotten about him, so any idea of him winning the title at WM25 is absolutely out of the question, the guy needs to first rebuild his fanbase and get people behind him once again, and prove that he can stay healthy and be a reliable part of the roster, the thing with Kennedy is that they have to first decide if they want him to come back as a heel or face, personally I would like to see him comeback as the cocky heel, and feud with Jeff Hardy, however if they bring him back as face then a feud with Shelton over the US title would prolly be the way to go, another idea would be to have him move over to SD! and challenge for the ECW title (in all honestly like Jeff Hardy, this is probably Kennedy's best shot at a "major" title), right now I think they should just have him return in the Rumble match, that way to can test out the crowd reaction on him, before deciding whether or not he should be heel or face, if he gets a good strong reaction for the crowd then they can go ahead and push him as a face, if he gets no reaction or they boo him, then move forward with a heel push, as far as what I think he should be doing at WM I see three possibilities, 1- challenge for the US title, 2- challenge for the ECW title (this could work well if they set the ECW title match up like they did last year, with the winner of a battle royal facing the champ later that night) or 3- stick him in the MITB match again

and as for the guy who said WWE can't afford to have a bunch of injury prone wrestlers on their roster, dude have you forgotten about guys like Taker, HBK, Triple H, Mysterio, Candice, Kane, and Big Show, all these guys (and girl) have been injury prone as hell through out their careers yet all are still apart of the WWE roster

With Evan Bourne out for an indefinite period of time, I would like to see Kennedy make the jump to ECW and improve the status of the ECW title. Justin is right; because of Kennedy's bad luck and reaccuring injuires, coupled with the fact that Cena, Orton, Edge and Umaga will all be returning to the ring either just before or around the same time that Kennedy will be returning, means Kennedy is going to have to restart his career and prove that he should still be a maineventer.

Enter ECW, the place to revitilize careers. Morrison, Miz, Henry, Benjamin and even Kane sort of, have all gone to ECW when there careers were at a question mark, and all have improved their status in the company, have futures again, and improved their in-ring abilities and mic skills. Kennedy could do just that, hell he could become ECW champion and maybe make the title worth something again. I think what the ECW title needs is someone to have a long reign with it. I don't mind Hardy as champion at the moment, but I just don't see him making a great long-term champion, he's too much a middlecard wrestler. Kennedy and Hardy could have a sold feud with each other, they have some unfinished history. It should be noted, that Matt Hardy was the one who ended Kennedy's undefeated streak (first person to pin Hardy, Kennedy once lost a match to Eddie Guerrero by DQ), but the feud never happened cause Henry got hurt so Kennedy was pushed to fight Batista. Hardy could remind Kennedy of that and it could set up a feud between them where Kennedy takes the ECW title. From there, let him hold it for 6 months; Kennedy has never even really had the chance to prove he is a good champion, his only title reign was a US title reign that lasted about a month. Have him hold it, beat all challengers and work his way back up to main event. It could only improve the ECW title's status and it will be good practice for Kennedy if he is to ever hold one of the big two titles. Kennedy is in the danger zone right now, one more major injury and I'm sure the WWE will be done with him. I hope that it never somes to that.

and as for the guy who said WWE can't afford to have a bunch of injury prone wrestlers on their roster, dude have you forgotten about guys like Taker, HBK, Triple H, Mysterio, Candice, Kane, and Big Show, all these guys (and girl) have been injury prone as hell through out their careers yet all are still apart of the WWE roster

All those names you've mentioned have had injuries spread out through out over decade long careers. They were never injured 3 or 4 times within the first three years of their WWE careers like Kennedy has.

I think Kennedy should be somehow inserted into the mid card on SD! While stuff is going on in the main event scene there is barely any action/feuds between any of the mid carders on SD! For the past few weeks they're have been superstars from other brands brought in for tag matches. SD! needs to reestablished their mid card scene and what better person to use than Mr.Kennedy who was apparantly getting over on SD! before he got injured. I could see him having quality fueds with MVP, Brian Kendrick, R-Truth, Shelton Benjamin, and Jeff hardy. I'm pretty sure he can get his fanbase back since he has done before. All he and the WWE need to do is pray that he doesn't get injured again for a long time.

While I'm anticipating the Return of Mr. Kennedy, at the same time I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to wake up tomorrow morning and find out that they have finally released him. And I can't honestly say I blame the WWE if they do without giving him another chance. You only have so much patience for someone you are investing your time and money in trying to groom them to be the next big superstar only to have them fall short each and every time.

Mr. Kennedy going to ECW would be a bad idea since WWE obviously had big plans for him after drafting him to Smackdown and not ECW to begin with. The fact that Kennedy was injured right in the middle of a United States Championship feud with Shelton Benjamin makes perfect sense for Kennedy to return and pick up where he felts off. Kennedy's first and only title reign was the U.S. Championship and he wasn't nearly as good of a champ as he was capable. I think it would be best for WWE to make Kennedy be the one to take the gold from Benjamin instead of R-Truth. After a nice lengthy 5-7 month reign after he proves he has credibility, he can then challenge for the WWE Championship.

I think Kennedy should be a mainevent player when he comes back and not a midcarder going for the US title. Kennedy should be a tweener, since he works better as a heel, but will probably get cheered anyway. I think he should feud with The Undertaker when he returns just because that was his 1st feud and the feud that established Kennedy as a true force. I think if they are ready to back Mr. Kennedy up, creative should let him get the win over taker which will help propel him in the mainevent and fighting with guys like HHH, Hardy, Edge, & Kozlov. I think a feud with Edge would also do him wonders and probably be an interesting feud. The thing is with his constant injuries and his drug suspension I don't know if WWE are willing to invest in him right away since he doens't get the big pops as Hardy. So they may want to test him out in the midcard but I hope the stay is short because I don't want him to end up like MVP.

Mr. Kennedy needs to return to ECW and get a Bobby Lashley push. It would b perfect for him to return heel at Wrestlemania and beat Matt Hardy for the ECW title. They could have him hold the ECW title for about 9 months until Survivor Series. At Survivor Series he would lose a match where The Winner gets the ECW title and the loser has to leave ECW match against Evan Bourne.(That way Evan Bourne will have enough time to build a good fan following) After Kennedy loses he can go back to Smackdown. I'm just going to guess and say that Edge will be champion. At Armageddon Kennedy would interfere and DQ Edge. The next month at the Royal Rumble Edge would interfere and eliminate Mr. Kennedy from the Royal Rumble. At No Way Out Kennedy would win the Elimination chamber match to face Edge at wrestlemania for the WWE title at Wrestlemania. Kennedy would win the belt and he would be mega over.

I think that's the best idea to get Kennedy over. If Kennedy had a long heel run as ECW champion it would be great for ECW and Kennedy. After Kennedy jumped to Smackdown the build up to Wrestlemania 26. If they had a 4-5 month build up to a wrestlemania title match it would be awesome. It basicly be Tweener vs Tweener with both Edge and Kennedy trying to one up each other every week. Hell , You might could even let them win the WWE tag titles together and the Smackdown before wrestlemania have Edge turn on Kennedy and leave Kennedy during a Tag title match. At the End of Smackdown Edge would lay a massive beating on Kennedy. At wrestlemania they would have a classic match of one upmanship. This feud could be this generations Rock vs Austin.

Hmmm, well WWE don't use the talent that are fit and healthy, unless they're 10 year vets, so i don't see Ken getting any massive push when he returns.

Shame really because here's a guy who got a short US title run during a 3 man fued with Finlay and Bobby Lashley, and both during and after that fued he started defeating ex-World champs and they hyped that fact to the moon. He had a decent fued with Taker, and then had a great match at the RR against Batista for the WHC, then won MITB and then got hurt. They came up with a new idea for him to be involved with Vince, then the Benoit tragedy stopped that, he then fueded with HBK which again was very good, and then the illegitimate son angle was ended due to suspension, he beats the newly crowned KOTR and gets him fired, then gets drafted and is now injured again.

I think that when MITB qualifiers start again, Kennedy should interfere with Edge's qualifiying match (assuming Edge isn't champion) and they should have a fued leading up to WM and thenKennedy could challenge the MITB winner, win the briefcase but NOT win the title with his MITB contract. He'd then get another shot and if he's mega over, then he should win the title.

Well Mr Kennedy has been gone a while so his return has to be suprising to shock the fans a bit. He has to work his way back up though, as he has lost considerable amounts of his momentum that he had a year ago.

What I think should happen is since Kenderick is not really doing anything at the moment, he should say he is sick of not getting any worthy challengers to step up and face him and Ekzikel. They then give the whole WWE a warning.

The next week on Smackdown, they open a challenge a bam! MR KENNEDY comes out and accepts. Now, he shouldnt beat Kenderick right off the bat, he should win by DQ as Ekzikel interfears and Kennedy cleans house to get things rolling. This will eventually lead to a month feud with Kenderick where he ends on top and looks impressive.

This should happen as i dont think he is ready to go straight into the main event picutre yet and many fans will have forgotten about him, so i think its best if they let him build up his momentum again.

Another option could be, MVP starts winging again about not being treated right on SD and thinks have to change. This could lead Kennedy to make his return and stick MVP in his place and say, "MVP your not the only one with the bad luck, ive lost my money in the bank, had injuries at the wrong times ect' and this could lead to a pretty big feud between these two guys they could potentially rise them both up in the Ranks of SD.

The next step is challenging the US champion, winning it and defening it which will eventually lead him to the lower main event level. Once he gets their, he needs to turn heel, he lacks being a face and will reach his true potential as a heel. His first feud should be against Hardy as he is way over.

Anyway, hopefully Kennedy can get his act together and start getting momentum ashe was 2 years ago.

Mr.Kennedy should return and beat Shelton Benjamin for the US Championship.
Then he should turn heel and hold the title for awhile. He should retain the title at Wrestlemania cleanly against a newly face MVP. The first of 3 eventual matches between Kennedy and MVP. The men everyone likes to call this generations Rock and Austin. Hold it until Night of Champions and lose it to an on the rise star like Paul London or Evan Bourne. At Summerslam he should defeat Jeff Hardy (who beat Triple H at Wrestlemania) for the WWE Championship. He will hold it until Wrestlemania 26 and successfully retain it against Royal Rumble winner MVP. He would retain the title and turn face again. Their feud ends until an eventual match between the two at Wrestlemania 28 (not 27) In which MVP wins the title. Its impossible not to see the similarities in their rivalry and the Rock/Austin feud.

I think that a more appropriate title for this thread should be "Why Should Mr. Kennedy Return?" I'm not sure whether it's just a streak of bad luck or year of riod abuse coming back to haunt him or even if it's just the fact that he used to pretty much damned near kill himself on the indy circuit just to get noticed to get to this level, but he's a bit on the injury proned side. Now I'm not saying that the man isn't a fantastic talent in the ring when he is there, but the key words in that phrase is "when he is there".

Kennedy has the potential to be one of the greatest of all time. I rank him right up there with men like Ricky Steamboat, Magnum TA, Ravishing Rick Rude.... are you sensing a pattern here yet? Well in case you were too busy zoning out to the greater aspects of all of these men, you have to remember that all of them were on the verge of true greatness when each and every one of them suffered injuries that cut short their in ring careers. Now while I'm not saying that Kennedy is to that point yet, Dr, James Andrews can only rebuild you so much before you have to realize that it's time to hang it up.

Fortunately for Kennedy, he has a great pressence on the mic and has turned the gimmick that he stole from an old SDW colleague (the self announcing thing) into a a great way to get himself over. But it might just be time for Kennedy to hang up the boots and take on an announcing job or perhaps become a manager and help others get over. He can wrestle from time to time, and it would be less wear and tear on him in the long run. Hell, he might even be able to pull a JBL and take a while off to fully heal and then make a ring return down the line.

I mean do you REALLY want to be walking around in your more vulnerable years like Tony Atlas or Hulk Hogan, unable to walk without waddling due to multiple surgeries and replacements? No. Nobody does. I do, however, hope that Kennedy decided what he wants to do before it gets decided for him. If WWE deems him to be too injury prone to push, then they will just use him to get younger talent over and then eventually let him go when his contract is up. And I don;t see TNA or anybody else taking that big a risk on someone who could be hurt again within a month.

Here's my dream return. mr. kennedy comes back at Survivor Series and wins the traditional survivor series elimination tag match.he goes on to main event for the world title for the next until the royal rumble. He wins the royal rumble and faces the champ at wrestlemania. After a steller 30 minute match, mr. kennedy wins and goes on to have a historic year long reign. This storyline should definitley put mr. kennedy not only in the rising star spot but also in the Icon spot in the WWE.

I think Kennedy should return by getting his revenge on Umaga and than start up a classic and great fued with Edge, and than challenge for the WWE Championship and have at least a nice 3 month reign as the Champion!

How about returns in a suit and tie and announces his retirement and apologizing for waisting so much television time over the last few years that could have been put to use for people who are not only entertaining but possess actual talent? Then he promises that if he ever appears on any televised event it will only be in the stands watching people who actually can wrestle and not taken away a roster spot/money that could be given to some body more deserving. Like, say. Bastion Booger?

He should return wearing a safety helmet and a more durable version of MVP's outfit. But in all seriousness its a shame really. He has shown time and time again amidst push that he is very injury prone. He is amazing on the mic and his matches were decent but sadly i don't know if he will achieve much in the WWE. After all his injuries the WWE might be a bit reluctant of giving him a push. But as for how he should return? Maybe put him in a feud with helms if he comes back a heel or if he comes back a face why not use MVP to put him over :rolleyes:. Ether way how he returns should not matter to much. What matters is how long he lasts injury free.

The way I see it, Ken is going to be given a mega over at the pay per veiw around the time of his return. The reason I think this is because the WWE is starting to relize that these young guns they have had for awhile have great amounts of talent

I see ken doing good in the Tag division myself.

Kennedy will either come back at the Rumble or sometime after that. I say keep him out of high risk matches like Elimination chamber or Money in the bank. Don't give him a world title type main event push until he shows that he can stay healthy. A fued with Shelton for the U.S. title would be a good start for his comeback.

I know Mr Kennedy was drafted to SD!, but I think he should return to RAW in my opinion. SmackDown! already has a lot of main event talent which would be hard for Kennedy to break into, although he could go to the U.S Title picture for a while to build himself up again.

But if he moved over to RAW then he could return, attacking Jericho, making him an instant face. I think Jericho is the man to get a quality fued out of Kennedy just due to how good Jericho is, look at what he did with HBK in their recent fued. Give these two a long fued going into WrestleMania 25, with either Jericho retaining or Kennedy winning the belt. With this, it leaves Cena and Batista to have a re-match which is when their match should have taken place.

If you were to bring back Mr Kennedy, how about Edge and the Undertaker somewhat angrily aligning themselves against Vicki, who they hate more now than they hate each other versus the Big Show and Mr Kennedy. Mr Kennedy already has beef with the Undertaker, and it would be a good way of bringing him into the main event fold. However this could be scrapped if Edge and Christian reunite! Big Show gets to choose an opponent of his choice, and out comes...Mr Kennedy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back