Movie Tournament - Classics Preliminary

Which Classics Deserve a Spot in the Tournament?

• Raging Bull

• The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

• Once Upon a Time in the West

• Casablanca

• Rear Window

• Psycho

• It's a Wonderful Life

• Sunset Blvd.

• Apocalypse Now

• Dr. Strangelove

• Citizen Kane

• Taxi Driver

• Lawrence of Arabia

• To Kill a Mockingbird

• The Great Dictator

Results are only viewable after voting.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Here are a few film classics that weren't brought out in the original GSD tournament thread. The poll is open to whatever you want to vote for. I'm not about elimination, I just want to get a feel for one or two of these that need to be added.

Thanks guys, tournament starts on less than two weeks. I'll be posting some preliminary matches to dictate the Final 64 list that will be making up the 2012 Movie Tournament, quite soon.

I can't create a poll once the thread's been submitted. Or at least, if I can there is an option I am totally missing.

Go to Thread Tools. It should be in there if you can. I can't remember if you can or not. If you can't, make a new thread.

Thank you! Would you be so kind as to get rid of all this unnecessary chit-chat? I'd hate for people to know I'm totally incompetent at making threads. (shut up)

If it makes you feel better, Lee pointed out that I could do something similar like that. I was at least a G-Mod at the time and might have been admin already.

Also if there are less than 5 Jimmy Stewart movies in this, I'll be closing the entire thing down and putting on a rerun.

Also if there are less than 5 Jimmy Stewart movies in this, I'll be closing the entire thing down and putting on a rerun.

I could easily find five Jimmy Stewart films to put on the list.
Winchester '73
Rear Window
Vertigo
How the West Was Won
Anatomy of a Murder
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Shenadoah
Flight of the Phoenix
The Shootist

There's nine. Just for fun.

Dr. Strangelove is Kubrick's best and it deserves more votes.

I voted for this because Sam knows about films, To Kill a Mockingbird because I love the book, and it's the only one I've seen any significant amount of (about 15 minutes) and Rear Window because I like things that parody it.

Citizen Kane continues to be one of those movies that I don't care about at all. I understand that that it's probably the greatest film ever made with all kinds of amazing techniques and being well made and stuff, but it was very boring to me from a basic storytelling standpoint. It just didn't interest me.

Has there been a 64 already posted somewhere? Is this an addendum? Hard to know if any or all of these should be included without a basis for comparison.

Ever do A-Level history or are sixty years old? Because it's a laugh riot if so.

No, I didn't do A-Level history, or even GCSE, but I'm au fait with the Cold War. Probably because I spend more time than most people watching things like this:

"If you have had a body in the house for five days, bury it in the garden"

Yeah fucking hell most of these should be in without need for vote, but hey we need spirited away in right?

Reactions: TLC
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly only getting two votes is an atrocity. I also don't see how you don't put Citizen Kane in one of these things. I also don't see how you can group both Apocalypse Now and Casablanca in the same classics category.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly only getting two votes is an atrocity. I also don't see how you don't put Citizen Kane in one of these things. I also don't see how you can group both Apocalypse Now and Casablanca in the same classics category.

I thought TGTBTU would have more votes too, but I wanted Once Upon A Time in the West to get some love. Hopefully they both make it through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back