Moves on WWEs move ban list

-Dragonrana

Victoria used it in OVW she called it the Spiders Bite, but she doesn't in WWE because, you guessed it, its a banned move.

-Ganzo Bomb

I think that move is banned everywhere

-Reverse Death Valley Driver

This move makes the vertebraker look like the FU

Holy Christ i dont know if everyone knows what that Ganzo Bomb is but if you dont just watch this.

[youtube]sBdrA1ht8Uw[/youtube]

Ya, wonder why that move is banned. You can thank the 450 on Brock at WM 19. It's a wonder he's not dead. I don't necessarily agree with all of the banned moves, but I understand the reasoning behind it. Just ask Droz.

Thats the most popular occurance of the Ganso Bomb, besides when it was accidently first invented by Lou Thesz. I have also seen a modified version used in ROH but I forgot who it was who used it.

The Pepsi Plundge. I love this move, it was so great whenever someone would kick out but WWE feels that it makes triple H look to weak so he never does it anymore.
Shelton Benjamin's 630 splash.(ovw)
Most stiff strikes (punks go to sleep isnt very impressive, kenta throws them like 10 feet in the air)
Most brainbusters
SSP

Ya, wonder why that move is banned. You can thank the 450 on Brock at WM 19. It's a wonder he's not dead. I don't necessarily agree with all of the banned moves, but I understand the reasoning behind it. Just ask Droz.

It was actually a Shooting Star Press that he almost seriously hurt himself from, not a 450. But another move on the ban list? How about the dragon suplex? The y banned that Jackknife powerbomb too I believe after Nash nearly KILLED the Big Show! Oh and that time Brock Lesnar paraded around the ring with Albert on his shoulders before botching an F5.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcA-iQPQOjw
(1:43 of this vid)

Then again I doubt we will ever see those two moves performed again which kinda sucks really :\

No, I still see the dragon suplex performed, I don't know about the Jacknife now, but Chyna used it as a finisher regularly AFTER the Nash/Giant incident.

and HBK used the piledriver on Cena at mania am sure

Great idea for a thread mate.

It really aggravates me that the WWE does this, all it does is make them look like *****es. If someone gets hurt doing one of those moves then they either shouldn't have tried it or they got what they knew they were getting into.

God damn I miss the shooting star press, it was always so shiny and cool.

It wasn't the 450, it was the shooting star, don't know what i was thinking.

The reason for guys like HBK, and Taker being able to use piledrivers is real simple, they are HBK and Taker. Two guys that Vince trust with anything company related. I'm sure they have, but can anyone name someone that either of these two legitly injured in the ring. Those two are the safest workers in the company right now, and I would trust getting a piledriver from either of them.

A lot of the moves are banned for good reason. There are a lot of young guys willing to do a crazy move to get over. Sure Helm's Vertebreaker in wCW was bad ass, but all it takes is one mistakes and you have a Darren Drozdov incident. It is soft, but its entertainment, and no one wants to see anyone in a wheel chair the rest of their lives.

I hust want to know what moves are on the banned list because I only knew of two definnitive ones, since I read a report that Paul London complained to Vince directly when it came into effect because it left him without a finisher, that put him on jobber patrol for a bit. And it was also partially the reason that Juventud got released way back.

mick foley uses his piledriver regularly as a signature move whenever he comes back to wrestle but i can understand as he's another one of those "company" trusted guys.

London once used the ssp recently in a tag match. Kendrick was on all fours and London jumped off him and did a ssp. It looked well cool.

Oh My Lord. I've just seen that Ganzo Bomb thing. Jesus H Christ.

Hmm, i think the dragon suplex is banned, it's certainly not used often. Oh, and a good point that someone made: What the hell is Paul London's finisher now? The Shooting Star was amazing, the 450 beggered belief. What does he do now?

Joey Styles: OH MY GOD! IT'S THE... tag to Kendrick, who does his finsiher instead. Wow.

Shockmaster: Can you imagine Lesnar actually trying to do a 450? LOL

The Pepsi Plundge. I love this move, it was so great whenever someone would kick out but WWE feels that it makes triple H look to weak so he never does it anymore.
From what I understand, this is untrue. Apparently, Punk quit using the Pepse Plunge before he even signed a contract with the WWE. Supposedly, Punk himself said that he quit doing it because it was tearing up his knees. So, don't blame the WWE for that one.

It really aggravates me that the WWE does this, all it does is make them look like *****es. If someone gets hurt doing one of those moves then they either shouldn't have tried it or they got what they knew they were getting into.

Actually, I don't think the WWE cares as much about their wrestlers doing the moves and getting hurt as much as they care for having to pay for their wrestlers injuries, and the spot it puts them in if one of their big stars gets hurt in the middle of a storyline. I mean, look how depleted the current roster is, and they weren't doing any of these banned moves. No need to risk any other possible injuries, when good wrestlers should be able to entertain without them. Wrestling in America existed for decades without these moves and was pretty entertaining as well. Good wrestlers don't need high spot flashy moves to be entertaining.

Does this concept piss anyone else off as much as me?

Sure I understand the risk and the gamble you condone without having one in regards to the career of Stone Cold Steve Austin after being sat-out-tombstoned by Owen Hart...but even so is this merited?

Recently Candice Michelle botched a top rope spot landing her on her shoulder and flat on her face, rendering her unconscious. She endured a broken collarbone and a concussion from the ordeal. Also very recently John Cena, the WWE's raining All Impervious Man, was injured from a mere hip toss during a bout with one Ken Kennedy...Kennedy.

I think these examples do well to exemplify how even the simplest of moves can prove dangerous in a given predicament or with a careless behaviour. I also feel that banning a move only insults the abilities of your performers in saying they are not craftsmen enough to successfully and safely perform these moves.

Look at how the cruiserweight division has suffered in regards to a banned moves lift. If Rey Mysterio started his career in the WWE do you think he would be where he is today? What goes up must come down and wrestlers are no exception.

My question to you is how does the banned moves list make you feel as a fan/consumer and secondly: Would you rather see a water down performer last longer, or a performer be allowed full throttle for an uncertain amount of time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back