PILEDRIVERS?

Guys in tiny indy promotions have to get noticed, and have to do stupid things. They do like a show a week, and then recover whilst doing their day job in McDonald's or whatever. WWE superstars have 300 shows a year. The typical feud lasts a month, or 25 shows. This means that if one superstars finisher was the piledriver, they'd receive potentially 25 career ending moves a month. This is untenable.

It isn't the wrestlers that foot the bill when it goes wrong, its the company, and if they want to ban unecessarily risky moves, then they should. It is detrimental in the company in pretty much every single way to allow career threatening moves to be used on a regular basis, and I support the ban.

As for the Undertaker, the tombstone is different from the standard piledriver as the head has both the shin and the thigh stopping it from reaching the ground: even if he drops them, they'll only hurt their shoulders. That is why he is allowed to do it.

As for the Undertaker, the tombstone is different from the standard piledriver as the head has both the shin and the thigh stopping it from reaching the ground: even if he drops them, they'll only hurt their shoulders. That is why he is allowed to do it.

I agree with the rest of your post, and I don't necessarily disagree with this, I just don't understand it. Can you clarify? Why would they only hurt their shoulders?

CM Punk used to do the Pepsi Plunge (Diving double underhook facebuster) as his finisher. Its the same move Triple H does, but its off the top ropes.

a lot other much better moves have been banned, or are very rarely used.

A fair amount of body slams have been banned, a lot of great old finishers have been banned. If you have any of the oldschool N64 WCW or WWE wrestling games made by THQ, go through some of the finishers on there. They are all real moves, but you dont see 90% of them used anymore.

A lot of them are gone in the WWE because of the "WWE Style" were the big impact moves are usually signs the match is going to end.

If you want to see some great moves done by a big guy, watch a Scott Norton match. He was a beast. Everymove he used, was a power move and could finish a match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back