• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MLB 2012 Playoffs LD: "Who's it gonna be?"

Darvish is really turning it on after that shaky start. This is what $100 million dollars worth of talent looks like.

I remember when Matsuzaka looked like 100 million dollars worth of talent, that was a fun year.

Anyone could have told you that year was an anomaly. .258 BABIP, 4.64 xFIP, 2.90 ERA? Yeah, there's no way in hell that was sustainable. Darvish is miles better. .295 BABIP, 3.52 xFIP, 3.90 ERA. That last number is going down next season, not up, by all indications.

The worst part about the ATL- STL game was the fact that Chipper made an error that basically led to 3 runs. Compound that with the fact that nobody in their right mind would predict that many errors for the best fielding team in the NL, and you have a Cardinals win. As well as the fact that in any other year the Braves would be going to the playoffs.

Oh yeah, also it's 2-1 O's now.

He'll probably need some help from the man who should be this year's MVP. ;)

But Trout doesn't play for the Tigers...

;)

This is going to be a very tough series for the Athletics. The Tigers are a tough matchup for anyone. Despite their W/L record they have to be looked at as among the favorites to win it all. I could see the A's going down 0-2 in this series, but their incredible play at home could see them take it 3-2. It'll also help that those last three games would come against the lesser part of the Tigers rotation. I would be shocked if the Tigers lost Game 1 with Verlander on the mound; but hey, I was shocked that the Rangers lost last night, too.

Oh, man, this game is going to be good as fuck. Two of my favorite top to bottom teams, two incredible pitchers...yes, this is a hell of a game.

And when a play like that happens on the second out of the game? Yeah, it's happening.

Since MLB Network has the A's/Tigers game, and CWRU doesn't offer it (bastards), I've got the A's radio up over MLB Gameday. Not the worst way to watch a game, actually.

Can't wait for Nationals/Cardinals next. Could be a real coming out party for Gio.

Damn I'm stuck at work til 4. I'll miss the majority of the Cardinals game. This is gonna be a great series. I can only hope the Nats inexperience in the playoffs costs them against my redbirds but still yet, they're a hell of a team.

Cardinals up by one in the bottom of the 7th had the bases juiced with no outs and make three outs on 2 consecutive pitches. Absolutely brutal.

Cardinals up by one in the bottom of the 7th had the bases juiced with no outs and make three outs on 2 consecutive pitches. Absolutely brutal.

Yeah, I'm not sure of the thinking on that situation, especially since the Nationals had just put in a new pitcher.

That stung.
Matheny's inexperience shows. He didn't wait until Tracy was announced to counter with his own lefty. This enabled the Nats to go ahead and put in a righty.

That stung.
Matheny's inexperience shows. He didn't wait until Tracy was announced to counter with his own lefty. This enabled the Nats to go ahead and put in a righty.

Tracy was announced, that's why he went with the lefty. Then the Nationals went with Moore.

And again, when you can't cash in on anything with no outs and loaded bases, it often costs you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back