• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MisterRob

Honestly if you have to grit your teeth to watch any show, you shouldn't watch it all. I have had a few battles with Mr.Rob. Primarily because he will only bash people in the TNA section and not say a word about the WWE. He said he wasn't a fan of wrestling of either shows, so why are you bashing TNA fans then?

After his rants, he always says at the end of his post that he hopes TNA gets better but they won't. Honestly that guy just wants everything to fail period. I don't think he has said one good thing about TNA or WWE. One example would be if TNA were to get like a 2.0 in the next month on Monday night, he would say its not impressive because it took years to do it. I think MIsterRob is really the alias for Mark Madden.

Are you a shareholder if you hate Hornswoggle, but realise that people in the arena (especially kids) go nuts for the little guy, thereby making him popular. Then you finally realise how worthless your opinion is, and it doesnt matter that you hate Hornswoggle, because you are severely outnumbered so you accept that he's going to be on TV?
yes.

Lesson one in the New Jack School of Grapplin' Arts Nucca:

Grab a cheese grater, a keyboard, and repeat.

Week Twos lesson: How to stab innocent co-workers, beat the hell out of a 76 year old legend, and assault a concessions worker for grabbing the wrong brand lemon-lime pop, and still not face any criminal charges.

I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't watch wrestling to be entertained, that he in fact HATES wrestling and that he is serving out some sort of punishment by having to watch and criticize everything he sees.

He literally makes Sidious look like a shareholder.

Wait...don't start using that bullshit saying on me now.

When you think that no indie guy knows how to work untill they spend time in developmental, by default you rank higher on the shareholder-o-meter than Sideous.

It depends. Are you saying that no indy wrestlers knows how to wrestle the WWE style without going to developmental? I would argue that so, because very few indy companies if any wrestle the WWE style. That's the entire argument from indy fans, after all.

But then again, I think that some indy wrestlers do know what the hell they're doing, so meh.

This. Sidious is a "WWE Businessman", not a "WWE Shareholder". Both terms (And "WWE Universe Fan") can be acceptable and useful parts of our vernacular if used well and appropriately.

So what, we're coming up with new bullshit terms to call each other in order to deride everyone? Did "smark" lose it's bite once Norcal tore it up every other post of his? My god.

WWE Shareholder: One who will grit their teeth and bear Hornswoggle segments or characters they do not enjoy, because they know those segments or characters make money and move merchandise.

WWE Consultant: One who looks at it like a business and believe that they have suggestions that will help WWE make money in the future.

WWE Universe Fan: One who believes WWE can do no wrong and all other companies and styles are inferior because they are not WWE.

Bullshit. Sheer bullshit. Can we not just, you know, argue the statements? Or do we have to constantly come up with terms to deride those who differ from our own beliefs? Where is Norcal to come through and tear these bullshit statements up?

At any rate, I have to go buy some more WWE stock. I mean, I don't absolutely fucking hate Hornswoggle, so I must want to buy some more.

Well that's it for this thread. Time to deploy Big Zeke.

ezekiel-jackson-3.jpg

The other two are mine, yeah. Shareholder was just my interpretation of what it means, using an example.

And the only real thing I have with your definition of "WWE Shareholder" is that you say that people will have to grit their teeth to watch a segment because they know it is good for business. Therefore they tolerate it."

Some of these "Shareholders" I would argue, don't necessarily even grit their teeth watching the segments. Many do. But others just accept whatever Vince gives them, because they have no formulated opinions themselves about what they feel is good or not. If Vince puts it on TV, it's good enough for them. And they feel that it is what is best for business in the process.

By your definitions, many "WWE Universe Fans" are indeed "WWE Shareholders" as well.

That is why I just lump them all in one big category, because essentially they all feel that if any show out there doesn't have the "WWE" label attached, it is inferior no matter what they do to the show.

They are basically marks for Vince McMahon and marks for WWE. And nothing is going to alter their opinion on that. They are just fiercely loyal to the WWE for reasons that can be speculated, where as other people out there are not loyal to any company, and rather will go with what personally entertains them according to their preconceived notions of "what is good".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back