• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MisterRob

These fans are no longer being referred to as "Shareholders" because some people got their feelings hurt, and instead I am simply referring to them by the name WWE wants them know as- "The WWE Universe" fans.
The idea that such a term will have a different effect on people is the most ass-hatted thing I've read in months.

I sold mine today after realizing it probably wouldn't hit $17 a share, but I got a 36 cent dividend on each share not too long ago anyway.

Better than nothing, I suppose.

But yeah, I think the days of WWE stock hitting near $17 a share are gone, unless they somehow revamp the company and find a better way to connect it with pop culture.

Back to topic, yes MisterRob is vastly becoming one of the more obnoxious posters on the board. I see he is compared to the "me" of the TNA section. Well, we'll see as even he and I have had some spats on here.

By your definition, Sidious, you are a shareholder WWE Universe Fan, as you constantly justify your opinons by saying it would make money in the log run, thus looking at it from a business perspective.

I prefer my definitions:

WWE Shareholder: One who will grit their teeth and bear Hornswoggle segments or characters they do not enjoy, because they know those segments or characters make money and move merchandise.

WWE Consultant: One who looks at it like a business and believe that they have suggestions that will help WWE make money in the future.

WWE Universe Fan: One who believes WWE can do no wrong and all other companies and styles are inferior because they are not WWE.

Please note that I am only using WWE as an example, and these definitions can apply to any company.

By your definition, Sidious, you are a shareholder WWE Universe Fan, as you constantly justify your opinons by saying it would make money in the log run, thus looking at it from a business perspective.

I prefer my definitions:

WWE Shareholder: One who will grit their teeth and bear Hornswoggle segments or characters they do not enjoy, because they know those segments or characters make money and move merchandise.

WWE Businessman: One who looks at it like a business and believe that they have suggestions that will help WWE make money in the future.

WWE Universe Fan: One who believes WWE can do no wrong and all other companies and styles are inferior because they are not WWE.

How am I a WWE Universe Fan, Doc, when I routinely bash WWE on a daily basis?

Well, you are not a WWE Universe Fan, not by my definitions. However, you have decided to replace "WWE Shareholder" with "WWE Universe Fan", and by YOUR definition you are a shareholder.

However, by MY definitions you are a "WWE Businessman".

He's a WWE Consultant judging from that definition... especially with how much he criticizes the company.

I think it would be priceless if he sent a bill to the WWE, demanding payment for his services.

Well, you are not a WWE Universe Fan, not by my definitions. However, you have decided to replace "WWE Shareholder" with "WWE Universe Fan", and by YOUR definition you are a shareholder.

However, by MY definitions you are a "WWE Businessman".

No I am not a Shareholder either, Doc, because I don't justify Hornswoggle being on TV simply because he makes the WWE money. Do you not see me bash Hornswoggle and DX humor repeatedly?

If I were a Shareholder (my definition) I would either say:

"I may not like Hornswoggle, but he is good for business so he should stay."

or

"I have no opinion on Hornswoggle at all. But if he's on WWE TV, then it is a good thing, because Vince McMahon knows what he is doing, and I'll go with whatever Vince gives me."

Again, I argue from my personal opinions as a fan first, with whatever entertains me. Then, IF I can support what I like with business reasons, then I will also argue that as a follow up on why it is a good thing for the WWE.

He's a WWE Consultant judging from that definition... especially with how much he criticizes the company.

I think it would be priceless if he sent a bill to the WWE, demanding payment for his services.

Just a split second before you posted this, I thought of this myself as I was reading over Doc's suggestions. I am not a "WWE Businessman" because I am not exclusive to WWE. Nor am I exclusive to TNA, really.

I can perhaps be construed as an Independent Creative Consultant.

OK, the name for that definition can be revised to WWE Consultant. It does not mean that you are tied to a single company, I was just using WWE as an example. A "Consultant" is someone who can look at it as a fan and back up those opinions with claims of how it would affect business, for example:

I would like to see more characters and stories in WWE. If there were more characters, people would connect with them, and more people would be interested in PPVs if there were stories so that would drive up PPV buyrates. Not to mention, more characters means more interesting action figures, which would also make more money.

Yeah, me too pretty much...except 3PW. God that sucked.

Huh? 3PW wasn't that bad. They had a shitload of good workers go through there, from Styles to Low-Ki to Danielson. They also showcased some absolutely HORRID 3rd rate quasi-ECW wrestling, but they also showcased some damn good wrestling. I've got a few of their DVDs and I don't regret having them.

Pretty much what X said. I've got a dvd somewhere, with Low-Ki vs. Homicide, Raven vs. Pitbull vs. Xavier, and Syxx vs. Sabu. Great matches.

Do you have Raven's Rules? It's pretty damn dreadful. From what I saw of 3PW, the bad outweighed the good.

Matt Striker's impersonations are funny though.

New Jack should not be considered a professional wrestler. Ever. He has never wrestled a wrestling match in his life.

Lesson one in the New Jack School of Grapplin' Arts Nucca:

Grab a cheese grater, a keyboard, and repeat.

Are you a shareholder if you hate Hornswoggle, but realise that people in the arena (especially kids) go nuts for the little guy, thereby making him popular. Then you finally realise how worthless your opinion is, and it doesnt matter that you hate Hornswoggle, because you are severely outnumbered so you accept that he's going to be on TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back