• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mike & Mitch's Magical Movie Madness (and some TV shows)

I was never able to get into Oz for some reason. Oddly enough, Direct TV has this channel (low 100 something channels), where they'll rerun entire seasons or select episodes of shows. They did DeadWood, Oz a while ago, and I think they're doing 24 now. I dunno, man. I was never able to sit through a whole episode of that show. Didn't do anything for me.

I'm gonna bump this thread.

Now for something TV related i just started watching Oz.

Enjoy. Some of the story lines are a bit silly at times but the long-term arcs of Keller/Beecher, Schillinger/Beecher, the O'Reilly brothers and Alvarez Vs sanity are all good.

I've started watching Ray Donovan, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Jon Voight is perfect as the slimeball of a father.

I've started watching Ray Donovan, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Jon Voight is perfect as the slimeball of a father.

So true. Liev Schreiber isn't bad in the leading role, but Voight's performances are far more convincing. Although, when it comes to the Donovan family, the wife is the only one that comes off as likeable, because the kids are annoying as shit. I haven't heard anything about a renewal for a second season, but I hope it happens. I also missed last week's episode (completely forgot about it for some reason), but Showtime plays the reruns a lot, so I should catch it soon enough.

Unrelated Ray Donovan talk, but I lost of interest in Under The Dome recently. I still watch it, but the show itself took a huge dive after the premiere. Not shocked it's getting renewed for a second season, but I wonder where they'll go with the story next, because the "people trapped under a dome, turning on one another, and doing anything that's necessary for limited resources" sub-plots are becoming tiresome already.

Ray's wife is a naive, annoying cunt. Worst part of that show.

Under The Dome is shit. Everyone in that show is a moron, the performances are awful, the writing often makes me cringe (especially when teenagers are involved). I made it through... maybe three episodes? I stopped half way through the outbreak episode. I regret nothing.

Ray's wife is a naive, annoying cunt. Worst part of that show.

Really? The kids constantly whining about almost everything, and the daughter being your typical rebellious teenage brat drives me nuts. But I can see where you're coming from. Ray's wife reaches Carmella Soprano levels of being naive, using the guise of the good housewife, who wants to stand on a moral high ground, while conveniently ignoring her husband's occupation and her source of income.

Under The Dome is shit. Everyone in that show is a moron, the performances are awful, the writing often makes me cringe (especially when teenagers are involved). I made it through... maybe three episodes? I stopped half way through the outbreak episode. I regret nothing.

Having cookie-cutter characters doesn't help Under The Dome either. Big Jim as the cliche corrupt and crooked politician, the waitress, who's working two jobs to make enough money to move out of the small town, the female cop, who has to do the right thing, the whiz kid nerd, who's trying to break out of his shell, and the list goes on and on. And the wife, who unknowingly took in the Army guy, who murdered her husband is too stupid to realize something suspicious.

I miss parts of it, because unless Raw is complete shit, I'm always flipping back and forth. They used to encore episodes on Sunday, but CBS stopped it for the exclusive streaming on Amazon. Yeah, fuck that. Free trial or not, I could never bring myself to pay any amount of money for Under The Dome.

Enjoy. Some of the story lines are a bit silly at times but the long-term arcs of Keller/Beecher, Schillinger/Beecher, the O'Reilly brothers and Alvarez Vs sanity are all good.

Dude still on the first season but this stuff is good:

Beginning to see the beginning of Alvarez losing his shit but just passed the point of Beecher injuring Schillinger's eye.

Dude still on the first season but this stuff is good:

Beginning to see the beginning of Alvarez losing his shit but just passed the point of Beecher injuring Schillinger's eye.

Schillinger and Beecher have some great moments throughout the rest of season 1 and well into season 2. Just wait for Keller to arrive though and you will find yourself saying, noooo fucking way!, quite a lot!

Adebisi is quite quiet in the first season from what I remember but he will soon blossom.

So I watched The Phantom for the first time in several years this weekend. I truly hope this movie isn't trying to take itself seriously. Bad acting, terrible movie props and and awful choreography in the fight scenes. If it's trying to be serious, it's awful. If it's not, it's absolutely hilarious. Weird how that works.

You're talking about The Phantom (1996) starring Billy Zane, right? If so, the funny thing is, I loved the movie as a kid, but as I got older, I realized how shit it actually was. Mind you, I haven't seen in it a handful of years, but I'm sure I'd still hate it today. It also reminds me of how much I can't stand Billy Zane (with the exception of Titanic of course).

Also, I might have to had the upcoming Friday The 13th Blu-Ray box set to my collection. Good price for the amount of material they give you ($94.96), and it looks like one of the few complete box sets that gives fans everything they could ask for, and the cover art isn't bad.

71bhc0W-PHL._SL1500_.jpg

The 10-disc collection includes the twelve films on nine Blu-ray discs, as well as a killer DVD bonus disc full of special features on the making of the famous franchise. The must-own set will be presented in a collectible tin case with 11 hours of previously released special features and a 40-page soft cover book. The book is excerpted from Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th, a fan-favorite volume that’s viewed as the ultimate memoir of the series, and highlights some of the 200 interviews, 600 photos, storyboards, concept art and more. Also included is a brand new, official Camp Crystal Lake embroidered Counselor Patch. Films in the Collection include:

• Disc 1 - Friday the 13th (1980)
• Disc 2 - Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
• Disc 3 - Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D (1982)
• Disc 4 - Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) NEW TO BLU-RAY
• Disc 5 - Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985) / Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) NEW TO BLU-RAY
• Disc 6 - Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) / Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) NEW TO BLU- RAY
• Disc 7 - Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) / Jason X (2002) NEW TO BLU-RAY
• Disc 8 - Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
• Disc 9 - Friday the 13th (2009) (Theatrical Version and “Killer Cut” Extended Version)
• Disc 10 - Killer Bonus DVD Disc

Finished watching 30 Days Of Night for the first time in a few years. I forgot how much I hated the ending.

You're talking about The Phantom (1996) starring Billy Zane, right? If so, the funny thing is, I loved the movie as a kid, but as I got older, I realized how shit it actually was. Mind you, I haven't seen in it a handful of years, but I'm sure I'd still hate it today. It also reminds me of how much I can't stand Billy Zane (with the exception of Titanic of course).

Also, I might have to had the upcoming Friday The 13th Blu-Ray box set to my collection. Good price for the amount of material they give you ($94.96), and it looks like one of the few complete box sets that gives fans everything they could ask for, and the cover art isn't bad.

71bhc0W-PHL._SL1500_.jpg

Finished watching 30 Days Of Night for the first time in a few years. I forgot how much I hated the ending.

Yeah. Caught it on Encore this weekend. Laughably bad film, but I have a hard time believing it tries to take itself seriously. I could almost sense a smirk on some of the actors faces when they were spouting lines, knowing how terrible it really was.

That box set does look good for any Jason fans. I always liked the A Nightmare on Elm Street box set I got one Christmas. Great artwork on the box.

Yeah, I know they released a few Nightmare On Elm Street box sets. The one I have on DVD is pretty bad ass, and thankfully it doesn't include that dreadful 2010 remake:

91SJMMuQGEL._SL1500_.jpg

The new Chucky box set doesn't look half bad either, and from what I've been reading, it's supposed to be priced in the $50 range:

chucky-complete-collection-box-art.jpg

Chucky: The Complete Collection Limited Edition Synopsis
Set a play date with Chucky as all six movies come together for the first time in the chilling Chucky Complete Collection Limited Edition. The killer doll torments his original victim, young Andy Barclay, in Child's Play, Child's Play 2 and Child's Play 3. Then the ruthless redhead teams up with his dream doll, Tiffany (Jennifer Tilly), in Bride of Chucky and Seed of Chucky. Chucky is back again in Curse of Chucky to terrorize a family with whom he shares a mysterious connection. Oozing with hours of bonus materials, the Chucky Complete Collection Limited Edition is a thrilling, chilling, campy, must-own set. Wanna play?

Child's Play Special Features
Feature Commentray by Alex Vincent, Catherine Hicks and "Chucky" Designer Kevin Yagher
Feature Commentary by Producer David Kischner and Screenwriter Dan Mancini
Select Scene Chucky Commentaries
Evil Comes in Small Packages: The Birth of Chucky
Evil Comes in Small Packages: Creating the Horror
Evil Comes in Small Packages: Unleashed
Chucky: Building a Nightmare• A Monster Convention
Introducing Chucky: The Making of Child's Play
Theatrical Trailer

Child's Play 2, Child's Play 3 Special Features
Nothing

Bride of Chucky Special Features
Feature Commentary with Director Ronny Yu
Feature Commentary with Jennifer Tilly, Brad Dourif and Don Mancini
Theatrical

Seed of Chucky Special Features
Slashed Scene
Heeeeere's Chucky
Family Hell-iday Slide Show
Conceiving the Seed of Chucky
Tilly on The Tonight Show
FuZion Up Close with The Seed of Chucky Stars
Storyboard to Final Feature Comparison
Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Don Mancini and Puppet Master Tony Gardner
Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Don Mancini and Actress Jennifer Tilly
Theatrical Trailer
Teaser Trailer

Curse of Chucky Synopsis
He’s back! From the filmmakers that brought you Chucky comes the terrifying return of the pint-sized doll possessed by the spirit of a notorious serial killer. When a mysterious package arrives at the house of Nica (Fiona Dourif, “True Blood”), she doesn’t give it much thought. However, after her mother’s mysterious death, Nica begins to suspect that the talking, red-haired doll her visiting niece has been playing with may be the key to the ensuing bloodshed and chaos. The return of America’s favorite toy, voiced again by Brad Dourif, is unrated and full of more blood-splattered thrills and chills.

Curse of Chucky Special Features
Living Doll: Bringing Chucky to Life: Featuring the award-winning work of animatronics company Alterian, this featurette shows the pain-staking detail involved with bringing Chucky to life and the army of people behind the process.
Voodoo Doll: The Chucky Legacy: More than six films and a quarter of a century, Chucky, the possessed Good Guys doll, has been the playmate we love to hate. This featurette looks at why we’re still frightened by the red haired terror and recalls some favorite moments from the previous films.
Storyboard Comparisons
Deleted Scenes
Gag Reel
Playing with Dolls: The Making of Curse of Chucky: From scripting, to casting to shooting, this featurette proves that playing with dolls is definitely not child’s play! Follow the cast and crew of Curse of Chucky as they bring the newest and scariest chapter in the series to the screen.
Feature Commentary with Director Don Mancini, Puppeteer Tony Gardner and Star Fiona Dourif

But I already have the 20th Birthday Edition of the original on DVD, and the cheap little box set containing the other four films I got from Wal-Mart a while ago. Curse doesn't look bad so far, but I'll have to think about buying a Blu-Ray set that contains Bride and Seed (shit, shit films).

That's not the Nightmare box set I have. It's an older version before the 2010 version was even an idea. I've had this set for several years.

digcamgroup1%20292.JPG

The only thing I don't like about it is it has the Wes Craven's New Nightmare Freddy Krueger on it.

I re-watched Up earlier today. Still as phenomenal as the first time I watched it, probably my favourite animated movie.

That's not the Nightmare box set I have. It's an older version before the 2010 version was even an idea. I've had this set for several years.

digcamgroup1%20292.JPG

The only thing I don't like about it is it has the Wes Craven's New Nightmare Freddy Krueger on it.

Oddly enough, this is what turned me off to it, when I saw it at MovieStop a while ago. They had a real cheap used version of it, but seeing that version of Freddy turned me away from it. And while I was there, I went with the one I posted above.

I re-watched Up earlier today. Still as phenomenal as the first time I watched it, probably my favourite animated movie.

I need to buy this on Blu-Ray, but I always forget. That, and Black Swan. I always forget about both, when I'm at Best Buy or some place else.

Oh, and I forgot to mention it, but the recent episode of Ray Donovan had to be the best of the season so far.

After Ray and his cop buddy were done messing with the FBI agent, who's working with Mickey, the FBI agent comes down off of his high, and calls Ray to say "Go fuck yourself," because Ray was trying to use intimidation to make him go away. The devastating "Oh shit. This guy's not going to back down" look on Ray's face was priceless. Can't wait for next week.

I see there was some Oz discussion. Brilliant show. Adebisi is one of the most vile, terrifying, and manipulative characters in TV history. He genuinely scares me everytime he enters a scene.

I see there was some Oz discussion. Brilliant show. Adebisi is one of the most vile, terrifying, and manipulative characters in TV history. He genuinely scares me everytime he enters a scene.

Yep, I've started re-watching it again the last 2 days.

Speaking of manipulative characters, O'Reilly probably outdoes Adebisi in that respect as he isn't as physically intimidating, but seeing him scurry about to re-assure then backstab people is, in some ways, quite impressive!

Oh and Beecher just took out Schillingers eye. PCP is a helluva drug!

O'Reilly was so conflicting to watch. Don't get me wrong, he very well may have been the most manipulative of any character on the show, but he did it out of survival. Guys like Keller and Adebisi seemed to just do it because they got off on it and could. That's why both of those two were always a little more interesting to watch.

Spoiler tags gentlemen if you are discussing anything beyond season 1. Just started season 2.

One observation: I can never watch Juno or Raimi's Spiderman again after seeing JK Simmons in this(Although i am begining to pity the guy, he just wants to help his sons and Beecher is (Rightfully) fucking with him. Still though there is a stopping point and for me that's after having the guy lose an eye and get shit upon.

No spoilers. Keller is a game-changing character in so many ways that you can hate, cheer, boo and adore all in the same episode.

I'm just away to watch the start of the riot at the end of season 1. Brilliant finale episode of a debut season.

Right. I have this thread... Sorry. I'm so busy right now, and on this new allergy med that is making me exhausted at all times. I feel like I haven't slept in a month (it's been 2 days).

Anyways, I just watched all of Orange is the New Black. Can't wait for season two. Phenomenal show. Netflix is really on a roll with quality original series. House of Cards, Arrested Development, and now this show. Great stuff.

Took in a late showing of 2 Guns last night, and I was surprised. Not as bad as thought it would be, but not too good or great either. Harmless little action flick with some good chemistry between Denzel and Wahlberg, and Paul Patton has a so-so topless scene.

I finally got around to watching Thale also. Disappointing and real boring for the most part. Going to see Fruitvale Station tonight so I can see what all the fuss is about. But considering recent events, I have a good idea for the source of the hoopla.

Just finished Lords Of Salem. I really dont know what I expected but this movie was disappointing.

That is enough Rob, that is enough.

Now, I watched Baytown Outlaws earlier and that was good. Predictable in ways, but good. I enjoyed that more than Lords Of Salem.

....and I just saw the trailer for 47 Ronin finally. It will be likely a crap movie, but with glorious visual effects and scenery. So anything above that will be a welcome surprise.

I didn't have a big problem with Lords until the clusterfuck of a third act happened. That, and the kooky old ladies, who lured Heidi into the trap annoyed the shit out of me. Zombie is a master behind the camera, but his screenplays? Egads. It's one of the main reasons why I hated H2 (2009) so much, and The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (I know it's an animated film, but still).

I've been saying I'm going to watch The Baytown Outlaws for the longest, but I keep forgetting about it. Looks like it could be a fun guilty pleasure. And yeah, I think I saw the 47 Ronin trailer before The Wolverine, and it didn't do anything for me. Speaking of that, I can't remember the last time Keanu Reeves starred in a really good film. The Matrix in 1999? I mean, he had Street Kings and A Scanner Darkly after The Matrix films, but those two aren't enough to outweigh all the shit he's done since then. The Replacements, Hardball, Constantine, The Lake House, and that painfully boring The Day the Earth Stood Still remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back