• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mike & Mitch's Magical Movie Madness (and some TV shows)

What happened to Luc Besson? His films used to be pretty good now he just seems to coax on his reputation.

He has the film Lucy coming out, its brimming with potential with Choi Min-Sik making his english film debut however i just know its gonna suck because Besson.

VHS2 had some ok moments but ended up just being quite funny rather than scary. They mention 'other collectors' at one point so I want the series to eventually unveil the person who has put the various stories on the tapes.

That's what I'm waiting for. I remember the main story arc about the thieves breaking into the house, and the old man stalking everyone in V/H/S, but no clues about the people, who made the tapes. I'm hoping they end things with V/H/S 3, because it's bad enough to prolong horror franchises with sequels, but anthology films? Yeah, I don't want to see another Creepshow III (should've stopped with II, III was utter shit).

It was his first film role wasn't it?

Yeah, had to IMDB Fassbender's profile to verify. Although, it's kind of hard for Fassbender to stand out with Gerard Butler's barking speeches and all the epic battle scenes.

I've watched the first V/H/S, but I don't remember much about it.

Remove the boring "Honeymoon" short, (I still can't believe Ti West directed it), the idiotic supernatural short about a Jason-esque killer stalking a bunch of teens in the woods, the underwhelming short about the couple web chatting, and V/H/S would've been a better film.

What happened to Luc Besson? His films used to be pretty good now he just seems to coax on his reputation.

He has the film Lucy coming out, its brimming with potential with Choi Min-Sik making his english film debut however i just know its gonna suck because Besson.

He's the main reason why I decided to wait for The Family at home. I wanted to see the trio of Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Tommy Lee Jones, but I noticed Besson as the director and writer and said to hell with it.

Besson's been way too streaky over the years for anyone to have hope for his future projects. And I guess this is the right time for me to denounce The Fifth Element. Tried over and over again, but I can't get into it.

I didn't mind the web-chatting short that much to be honest. There was more mystery to that than the others as the involvement of the Dr talking to unseen people about "having to make it look like another accident" before speaking to another young woman was quite intriguing.

The succubus story is still the best of the series by far.

Watching the A-Team. Completely unashamed to say that i would welcome a sequel. Copley, Neeso, Rampage and Cooper all had amazing chemistry together.

I remember Tdigs praising the death cult short in 2. Will have to see that one first.

But the setup to revealing the woman from the bar as the succubus was priceless. The nerdy kid knew something was wrong the entire time, but his friends wouldn't listen to him (hormones VS common sense).

And the other drunk woman from the bar passed out on the bed during the slaughter. She never woke up during the attacks. :lmao:

Watching the A-Team. Completely unashamed to say that i would welcome a sequel. Copley, Neeso, Rampage and Cooper all had amazing chemistry together.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the movie. Surprised me, because I had low expectations for it, and I've only seen a handful of episodes from the show. Don't think they'll go with a sequel, though. The reception for it was lukewarm at best, and I vividly remember Liam Neeson criticizing the film after its release.

Watched Unbreakable for the first time in years the other day. M. Night Shyamalan had a promising career, but it's dead now.

Just saw Unbreakable for the first time and am wondering why it took me this long.

The only thing that bothered me was:
the freeze frames that occurred after the twist reveal. It was stupid and I would've liked it way better if Willis just walked away with interpretation open.

Just saw Unbreakable for the first time and am wondering why it took me this long.

The only thing that bothered me was:
the freeze frames that occurred after the twist reveal. It was stupid and I would've liked it way better if Willis just walked away with interpretation open.

Agreed. I guess Shyamalan was trying to make everything feel more realistic by showing the details of Mr. Glass' imprisonment for his acts of terrorism, and how David helped the police. But Willis did a nice job of selling David's devastation about learning the truth, because you can see David wanted to believe in his friendship with Elijah. Plus, Jackson’s delusional pleas towards Willis as he leaves Limited Edition with his back turned are executed to perfection.

I remember Shyamalan planning a sequel for an Unbreakable 2, but the plans were scrapped for whatever reason. The last I heard, Shyamalan plans to use the villain for the planned sequel in a new film he's working on.

I didn't mind the web-chatting short that much to be honest. There was more mystery to that than the others as the involvement of the Dr talking to unseen people about "having to make it look like another accident" before speaking to another young woman was quite intriguing.

Nope, Safe Haven trumps everything.

Shyamalan should stop making movies all together. He is awful.

As shit as Shyamalan is, he never goes over budget, he always delivers his films on time, he's reportedly extremely easy to work with, and, if memory serves me correct, only one of his films has not at least broken even.

While I frequently wish he would stop making movies as well, I always keep in mind that, without people like Shyamalan, producers wouldn't be as keen to bankroll films from the likes of Steve McQueen, pre-Gravity Alfonso Cuaron, Edgar Wright, or any other awesome filmmaker who will probably only be lucky enough to make one film that makes a profit.

I don't hate every Shyamalan film, but he's someone, who needs a leash. Having so much creative control isn’t a good thing for him, especially when you consider his awful habit/obsession of trying to deliver a shocking twist, because nine times out of ten, the “twist” doesn’t live up to the enormous expectations, or the intended shocking finale is a laughable embarrassment (i.e. The Village, and in all seriousness, there aren’t enough words in the English language to describe my hatred for The Village).

When you consider all the potential, watching an Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, or Signs is a big letdown, because I’m reminded of a man, who was on the right track to becoming the next big thing.

I liked both the Sixth Sense and Unbreakable twists for the obvious reasons that they were both GREAT twists but then the decline is so saddening.

Also I'd argue all his films make money due to them being high concept in nature. Everything after Unbreakable was by no means original and was something people could watch easily due to the simple subject matter.

Also started watching Life on Mars, the UK version. Wonderful, wonderful TV show. Only a few episodes in just passed the football hooligan episode which was especially poignant. Is Ashes to Ashes as good?

I would have to find a spot for both shows on a lengthy give it a try list I've been building for a while. The only show (past or present) I'm following on a weekly basis now is American Horror Story: Coven (it's enjoyable trash for me).

Took another chance on The Wolfman (2010) earlier today, and I still couldn't get into it. A lot of creepy atmospherics, but the entire film falls apart in third act with a disappointing reveal and a borderline silly final battle. Such a shame they wasted a good cast (Benicio del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt, Hugo Weaving).

Has anyone seen The Imposter? Chilling as fuck documentary.

Anymore like those? Ones that make you question reality while being disturbing?

Haven't seen it, but I looked up the info on IMDB, and it's something I'll get around to eventually. Can't think of any similar choices now, because I can barely remember my last documentary flick.

Has anyone seen The Imposter? Chilling as fuck documentary.

Anymore like those? Ones that make you question reality while being disturbing?

That movie was a bit disturbing huh. Besides the obvious reasons, the little twist at the end made the story an entirely different film all together. I really wonder how far the private eye went digging & if he found any more puzzle pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back