Mickie James officially returns to TNA

When i saw Mickie, I thought she looked overweight and out of shape. I was very disappointed in her appearance. In fact, she came across to me more like the female version of Samoa Joe with that look. Sloppy, uncared for, etc.

The main thing I noticed was that they never showed a booty shot of Mickie and it reminded me so much of when Stephanie McMahon came back to WWE after the birth of her first child and was later revealed by insiders that no booty shot of Stephanie was to ever appear on television because she was so self-conscious of her figure. The constantly changing camera angles during that segment gave me that impression that the same mindset I mentioned about Stephanie / WWE was at work with Mickie.

She's a very solid addition to the Knockout division and all... but I didn't like the debut. It was too anti-climactic for me. I like debuts to either be a surprise and to really stun me, or to have promos for a while. This was just lazy. They could have done a much better job. Hell, just having here run in during the Knockout Divison match would have been great.

I think she'll make an impact (no pun intended) in the division, and I wouldn't be surprised if she won the belt very soon. She's just way too good not to win the belt. I'd love to see a James - Tara feud, they're both very good in the ring and it would actually be some entertaining women's wrestling.

I like seeing Mickie James back in TNA. I think it is a great addition to the knockouts division.

What I enjoyed about her promo last night was how she reminded everyone that she is already a multiple womans champion and has held the other two major female championships and is now focused on the Knockouts Title. It was a great way to let people know why she chose TNA.

The last time Mickie James worked with TNA, she was shit; and I don't think it was the Alexis Laree gimmick, I just think Mickie James was way too green to be considered a great talent.

I'm assuming this time around (now that's she's been properly trained, and has had experience as a serious entertainer) that this stint in TNA will be much better than the last. While Mickie can't hold a candle to girls like Trish and Lita in the ring, she's easily more entertaining than ninety percent of the other knockouts on the show.

The best part of that segment was Madison screaming "You are bound for failure!" I giggled.

It's probably true, but only because I have a terribly sinking feeling that they're going to stick her in the inevitable feud with the Beautiful People, in some way, shape, or form. And the BP have been the center of the Knockout's division for about a year and a half now. Not that they aren't good at what they do- shake their asses around and preen for the camera- but they've just been the focus for so long that they can't be as interesting as they used to be. Mickie can carry the division for a while- TNA needs to use her to pull up the level of their other, 'lesser' knockouts.

I for one am absolutely glad to see Mickie back. It doesn't matter if she is in a WWE or TNA ring. At least in TNA she will have fresh feuds available, as she has not faced any of the current Knockouts besides Christy Hemme. In WWE, the Divas division consists of a rip-off of the Beautiful People, Lay-Cool...and everyone else. And the talent level there has definitely degraded since Mickie, Lita, and Trish have left. They do not utilize Gail Kim, perhaps the best wrestler on the women's roster, properly. The only thing they have left is to look forward to the return of Beth Phoenix.

So I'm glad for Mickie. Yes, perhaps her return was kind of anti-climatic. But we all knew it was inevitable she would show up. A better way for her to return would have been to run in during the Knockouts match and just lay a big kiss, tongue and all, on one of the participants. This would have added a new dynamic to the match at Bound For Glory, rather than the "I'm the special referee, and I'm gunning for the title, so watch out" situation. She was totally hot and at her best as the psycho, bi-polar stalker. Perhaps we will see a return to that gimmick. Nevertheless, she is a great addition to the TNA roster.

Woot. love Mickie and she can bring something good to the Knockout division.
might add Madison Rayne looks hot as bruenette aswell :p

It was a good debut (or re-debut) In my opinion. It leaves us wondering if she is a Heel, or Face. All we know is that we can find out Bound for Glory. I hope she wins the three before anyone else, and I hope she does very well in TNA, because she was so mistreated at the end of her time in the WWE.

Mickie James for sure is a great addition to the roster, she's performed for huge crowds and did a lot of the creative planning for the Divas division when she was out with an injury. She can wrestle and she can definitely cut a promo, and she's hot. What more do some people expect? She's much needed, I am gonna watch TNA because of her. The girls there now don't have the complete package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back