• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mickie James is back. Now what?

Olan

Getting Noticed By Management
As revealed on last night's SMACKDOWN, it was revealed that La Luchadora was the returning Mickie James. Mickie helped Alexa win the title and aided in Alexa beating down Becky after the match. My question is what now? Personally I would have preferred Mickie to attack both women and syand tall with the belt making her attenions clear-she is back for the belt. She could say her NXT match with Asuka convinced her she is as good as the so called Revolutionals.
But SMACKDOWN did not go that route, instead they had her aligning with the heel. My question is what do you think her motivation will be? Has she been secretly acting as Alexa's mentor all along? Is she jealous of the Revolutionals? What do you think her motivations will be?

I am thrilled Mickie is back and on SD where the writing and storytelling is great.

Thoughts.

As revealed on last night's SMACKDOWN, it was revealed that La Luchadora was the returning Mickie James. Mickie helped Alexa win the title and aided in Alexa beating down Becky after the match. My question is what now? Personally I would have preferred Mickie to attack both women and syand tall with the belt making her attenions clear-she is back for the belt. She could say her NXT match with Asuka convinced her she is as good as the so called Revolutionals.
But SMACKDOWN did not go that route, instead they had her aligning with the heel. My question is what do you think her motivation will be? Has she been secretly acting as Alexa's mentor all along? Is she jealous of the Revolutionals? What do you think her motivations will be?

I am thrilled Mickie is back and on SD where the writing and storytelling is great.

Thoughts.

Seemed like she was taking orders from Alexa too. If I recall, Alexa started the beatdown and signaled for Mickie to join her, then directed Mickie to get Becky up. And then Mickie was raising Alexa's hand after. Maybe that was all just coincidence, or was she being presented as basically working for Alexa? Hard to figure how as Mickie is the veteran and Alexa the newcomer. We'll see where it goes.

I'm loving that Mickie James is back. I am somewhat surprised that she has aligned herself with Alexa Bliss. Personally, I thought they would go the route of crazy vs. crazy, since we know what Mickie James can be like, especially looking at her feud with Trish in 2006. Perhaps Mickie turns on Alexa down the line, but I am pleasantly surprised to see her return as a heel.

As for the back story between Mickie and Alexa, it seems more like a mentor thing than anything else, and I like that. I fully expect her to be in the title match at WrestleMania and try to screw Alexa Bliss over. Should be an exciting few months for women wrestling and another positive for SmackDown Live.

I know the veterans are brought back to bring up younger talent, but there is a selfish part of me that would like to see Lita come back and help Becky. Lita and Mickie would then get into a feud with roles reversed (Lita is face; Mickie is heel) from when Lita left full time.

what now? Well that's easy.

They need to build her back up with the newer/casual fans, who may not know who she is. They wanted to make her heel (which I don't understand but ok then) and put her with the biggest female heel on Smackdown. If it's true and Alexa is playing the Dibiase to Mickie's Virgil then I fully expect her to blow up and either cost her the title or take it from Alexa herself.

Seemed like she was taking orders from Alexa too. If I recall, Alexa started the beatdown and signaled for Mickie to join her, then directed Mickie to get Becky up. And then Mickie was raising Alexa's hand after. Maybe that was all just coincidence, or was she being presented as basically working for Alexa? Hard to figure how as Mickie is the veteran and Alexa the newcomer. We'll see where it goes.

You are right. After rewatching, Alexis was directing Mickie which is even more confusing. If anything you would think it would be the other way around. Kind of disrupts the Mickie as mentor scenario

what now? Well that's easy.

They need to build her back up with the newer/casual fans, who may not know who she is. They wanted to make her heel (which I don't understand but ok then) and put her with the biggest female heel on Smackdown. If it's true and Alexa is playing the Dibiase to Mickie's Virgil then I fully expect her to blow up and either cost her the title or take it from Alexa herself.

In some ways her being an "unknown" to some in the Universe may be a good thing. People may be able to accept her as a heel easier if they don't have all those face years in their heads.

What do you mean "what now?"

Mickie James, the greatest female wrestler between the Attitude and Women's Revolution eras, just made her return to cost Becky Lynch the title. Obviously, we're going to get a feud between these two women as a way to get Becky Lynch away from the title, and allow Alexa Bliss to go on to defend the title against other competitors. Lynch was the #1 female draft pick, the first-ever women's champ on SDL, and the only competitor who has Alexa's number: you really couldn't give anyone else a title shot. With her out the way, you can have Nikki Bella, the other popular face character, take on Alexa. You also have the options of Eva Marie & Naomi making their big returns from suspension or foot injury, respectively. Hell, you could have Carmella challenge Alexa, where both women fight over Ellsworth so they have someone in their corner to interfere for them in their matches.

I believe the partnership between Alexa & Mickie won't last long. It'll be a way for Alexa to get the rub from a great veteran, and then move on. As to what the motivations could be, I could speculate that it's Mickie being pissed off at the Four Horseman for putting the women on the map whilst she carried the Diva's division on her back during the model years, or she could go back to her crazy persona by saying Becky reminded her of Trish Stratus, and saying she became La Luchadora because it's the closest thing she can do to wearing Becky Lynch's skin.

Right now, Mickie James, my all-time favourite female wrestler, taking on Becky Lynch, who is my current favourite female wrestler, should be an amazing feud that could potentially make it all the way to the big stage (assuming they have the room).

I agree that their alliance won't last long, but I feel it'll do more with them just drifting apart than a big blow up right away. After the Rumble I'm guessing we're getting Nikki vs Alexa for the title, and Mickie and Becky in a separate feud. If Becky needs a partner in the mean time and between time Naomi is back from her injury.

It makes sense for Mickie to want to get in good with the champion. Her targeting one of the four horsewomen could be spun as her feeling they didn't pay any/enough respect to the women that came before them (Mickie, Beth, Lita, Trish...).

EDIT: Didn't read all the way through the above poster's post before I posted, basically the same idea. I hope they go with this over crazy Mickie, I feel like that would be more suited for a feud with Nikki. Her having the largest social media following, reality shows, etc. makes for a perfect crazy fan story.

Lots of exciting possibilities for WM.

Clearly Alexa and Mickie are forever linked by having a vowel at the end of their first names.

Otherwise, I have no well thought out idea where this is going other than Mickie will work a program with Becky and Alexa will move on to Naomi or Nikki. Maybe Becky has taste in music so Mickie shut that down. Maybe Mickie hates foreigners. Maybe Mickie is going to act like a mean girl this time around like Alexa.

The important thing is that Mickie wears a different costume than that La Luchadora thing. She is way too hot for that.

And it's good that we're curious. Means we are invested and likely to continue to tune in.

The Smackdown! Womens Division needs something to spark it up. I think that it leads to James Vs. Bliss at Mania. Then have James hold the strap on Smackdown! while giving some of the newer female talent time to develop, and some good exposure against a legit talent.

Just My Opinion.

I'm interested because its kind of different. They have the veteran and former multi time champ being the "muscle" or "sidekick" to the young newer talent. Usually you would see the opposite with the Veteran Champ mentoring the rising star. Which is a story i guess they could still tell even with Bliss being the champ. Not sure where they go with it though. I hope they give Alexa and Mickie some good mic time Tuesday and have a good story ready to help explain their apparent alliance. One thing though that I think some may forget, or just not agree with, is that Mickie James can be a very good heel. Returning stars don't have to come back as a face. Especially in the case of James, who based on her NXT Takeover: Toronto performance, still has a lot in the tank. The addition of James to Smackdown also added some much needed star power to the SD womens roster which seemed to be out matched compared to the Raw womens division.

I thought it was pretty good. For the first time since the split, I felt importance in a SmackDown Women's division following her promo and segment. The story being simple..she's representing the legends like Lita,Trish,Victoria,Chyna,and herself. However, I do feel it would have made more sense for her to target Sasha Banks on Raw. Sasha has been the biggest one talking about the "revolution" and about everything that happened in the Women's Division as if it was the first.

I thought it was pretty good. For the first time since the split, I felt importance in a SmackDown Women's division following her promo and segment. The story being simple..she's representing the legends like Lita,Trish,Victoria,Chyna,and herself. However, I do feel it would have made more sense for her to target Sasha Banks on Raw. Sasha has been the biggest one talking about the "revolution" and about everything that happened in the Women's Division as if it was the first.

I get what you're saying about Mickie going to Raw as opposed to SmackDown, but SmackDown can make better use of her and there's more of a need for her in my opinion. Prior to the brand split, WWE spent the better part of 1.5 years building the entire division around Charlotte and Sasha Banks; there was a good deal of focus on Becky Lynch as well, but it was obvious that the primary focus was Charlotte and Sasha. As a result, when the brand split came around, the two biggest and most relevant female stars in WWE, possibly of all time, were on Raw while Becky went to the blue brand. Now, Raw has Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Bayley whereas the blue brand really only had Becky.

There were other stars like Nikki Bella and Natalya on SmackDown Live, but Nikki Bella was out for a long time with neck issues and despite her claims to the contrary, a big reason for the career momentum she's had the past several years is because of her relationship with John Cena. As for Natalya, she's someone that's mostly just been...well just there for most of the past decade and put over others like the Bella Twins, AJ Lee, Kaitlyn, Beth Phoenix, etc. and it's really something she's continued to do to this day. She's always had a ton of in-ring talent, but she spent most of her 20s in WWE when women's wrestling meant pretty much nothing; also, she turns 35 in late May and while she's still a young woman, she almost comes across as the big sister of the other girls backstage and it's not likely she'll be at the top.

Raw is generally the show where a lot of the "big things" happen more often, such as Lesnar, Goldberg & the Undertaker being in the ring all at the same time. SmackDown Live, however, is the better produced show with much better storytelling, overall use of the talent, making use of the TV time, etc. Essentially, the blue brand often does a good deal more with less bigger name stars to work with. Many people have said that the blue brand's only real weakness is a lack of star power compared to Raw and while that's true in some respects, SmackDown Live almost always puts on the more overall entertaining show. John Cena is a part timer now, for all intents and purposes, AJ Styles is almost 40, Randy Orton has long since already done it all so much that most things for him feel kind of redundant, Taker is a special attraction who pops up on whichever show Vince wants him, Bray Wyatt has all the ability in the world but, for whatever reason, the trigger simply hasn't been pulled, Kane is almost 50 & shows up once in a blue moon on TV and so many on the blue brand like American Alpha, Apollo Crews, Mojo Rawley, Alexa Bliss, Baron Corbin, Breezango, the Vaudevillains, etc. have either only come from NXT within the past 8 months or so, have been on the main roster for years & are jobbers or a mix of both. For instance, the programs going forward for the women on the blue brand are probably Alexa Bliss vs. Naomi, Nikki Bella vs. Natalya and Becky Lynch vs. Mickie James with Alexa helping Mickie out with Becky and Mickie helping Alexa out with Naomi.

I didn't believe at all that Mickie James will return as a heel and that getting aligned with Alexa Bliss. I used to prefer Mickie James as a babyface rather than a heel but Mickie James is doing fine as of now with Alexa Bliss.

Her addition to Smackdown Women roster has provided a much needed depth and I'm happy to see her come to Smackdown instead of Raw.

In nutshell, I'm quite interested in this storyline and that's a great news. I can't say the same for Charlotte-Bayley though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back