Mickie James Criticizes Hogans' Praise of Garrett Bischoff; Is It A Work?

Olan

Getting Noticed By Management
If so, is it a good idea?

If you watched tonights IMPACT you saw Mickie James lose clean to Velvet Skye. You also saw Mickie portray some heelish behavor. So is TNA turning their #1 Knockout and arguably the most popular women's wrestler today heel? If so do you think it a good idea? As a HUGE Mickie mark, no doubt she can play a great heel. Her Psycho Micki was crazy yet she got people to root for her against Trish Startus. I just am not sure it is a good idea myself/ What say you?

It appears that they are gonna turn her heel.

If so, I don't like it. It seems that just about all the knockouts are heels anyway so why turn Micky (the most popular) heel as well? For an unneeded swirve?

Makes no sense.

well mickey has already fueded with just about every knockout as a face and has had countless title matches and title wins as a face.
maybe they figure its time to freshen her up, maybe she wants to turn heel and if she does turn then that would open up the door for another KO to turn face, the question is which heel KO would you choose to turn.

Maybe it's time to get the Beautiful People back together. They're all pretty much languishing in the middle of nowhere. Velvet and Madison are looking pretty damn hot these days. Time for them to start selling merchandise.

IMO Velvet is the most popular Knockout, not Mickie.

I don't really think Mickie heel is going to make a big difference.

could TNA have Mickie heel and Madison to face? or maybe even Angelina Love face again? bring back the BP!

well mickey has already fueded with just about every knockout as a face and has had countless title matches and title wins as a face.
maybe they figure its time to freshen her up, maybe she wants to turn heel and if she does turn then that would open up the door for another KO to turn face, the question is which heel KO would you choose to turn.

I see your point but disagree. This reminds me of AJ's heel turn. How well did that go over? A turn for turns sake never works. Unless tara wins against Gail Kim at AAO, which I don't see happening, a Mickie heel tuen does not put her nack in the title picture
I actually thought they were setting up Velvet to turn heel. She was being bullied by karen. She never got her rematch after she lost her title.I thought she was going to snap when Mickie kept getting title shots instead 'of what is rightfully mine.'

As for your other question, it seems obvious they are working on turning Madison face. IMO that is almost as bad as turning Mickie heel. madison is great as a heel, it fits her persona.

It appears that they are gonna turn her heel.

If so, I don't like it. It seems that just about all the knockouts are heels anyway so why turn Micky (the most popular) heel as well? For an unneeded swirve?

Makes no sense.

You're right, turning one of your biggest female heels so she can eventually elevate one of the other huge babyfaces (Velvet Sky) and hopefully take her to the next level, while revamping her own stale character, makes completely no sense.

Mickie was turning into a female Cena. That can't be good. James can have good matches as both heel and face I'm sure. Personally, one of my biggest problems with Mickie was her "Diva" attitude. She never lost that smiley, cheesy, WWE-ish PG bullshit behavior that I can't stand. If they're turning her heel I welcome it with open arms. Please be more open minded toward such things, this isn't the WWE, TNA has a good track record of great heel/face turns that led to someone becoming more interesting.

You're right, turning one of your biggest female heels so she can eventually elevate one of the other huge babyfaces (Velvet Sky) and hopefully take her to the next level, while revamping her own stale character, makes completely no sense.

Mickie was turning into a female Cena. That can't be good. James can have good matches as both heel and face I'm sure. Personally, one of my biggest problems with Mickie was her "Diva" attitude. She never lost that smiley, cheesy, WWE-ish PG bullshit behavior that I can't stand. If they're turning her heel I welcome it with open arms. Please be more open minded toward such things, this isn't the WWE, TNA has a good track record of great heel/face turns that led to someone becoming more interesting.

You know, you make a good point. Now it doesn't make sense to turn her just for the sake of it. However, I never really saw Mickie portray a stereotypical heel even when she was supposed to be one. While I think she is one of the better KO's in the ring, she does seem to still have that same personality she had in WWE slightly. A change in direction could be a good thing. One of the things to remember is that as far as popularity goes, Velvet is on top (at least with the male demographic), while Madison is the superior heel in the division. Mickie turning could freshen things up. Besides Madison and Gail Kim, the next best heels are Angelina and Winter. Velvet should stay face and get another title shot she never got a rematch for. Perhaps the beginning of a feud between Mickie and Velvet were planted last night. If this is done right though and perhaps slowly build up to the turn, Mickie could be fantastic playing a heel role.

They turned Jeff Hardy heel. Bust! They turned Matt Hardy heel. Bust! They turned Ken Anderson heel. Bust! They turned Hogan heel. Bust! They turned STING heel. Bust! They turned Kurt Angle heel. Worked! They turned Bubba heel. Worked huge for him! They turned AJ Styles heel. HUGE bust! They are turning Kaz heel. BORING! Bust! They have turned Daniels so many times and it's always a bust! He's lost in the wilderness now!

Now turning Mickie James heel will work because she's a good worker and understands that type of character change and how to make it work. The problem is Gail Kim is a bust as a heel. She's not convincing. It was a mistake to bring her back as a heel, but I understood the timing of that decision with regard to storyline.

By the way, how stupid was Karen Angle? What a HORRIBLE character that was and I for one hope they NEVER bring her back in a speaking role!

Mickie has been a babyface for long enough. She's been stale for years, both in the WWE and TNA (with the exception of her initial arrival.) It's actually at the point where she is being completely overshadowed by other babyface KO's such as Velvet and Tara, so why not turn Mickie heel in order to shake things up? If anything, she'll elevate the other babyfaces like she did with Velvet last night.

The only issue I have with a Mickie heel turn is the lopsided babyface to heel ratio they're going to have. Currently, the KO roster has:

Babyfaces: Mickie James, Velvet Skye, Brooke Tessmacher, Tara, ODB

Heels: Winter, Angelina Love, Gail Kim, Madison Rayne, Rosita, Sarita

If you turn Mickie into a heel, that only leaves four babyfaces to seven heels. That's not really a great balance when there's only a total of 11 Knockouts. And that means another heel will have to turn babyface, otherwise they're limiting the amount of matchups they can have in the division.

After her twitter comments about Hogan and Garrett, yea, I'd say they're setting up for a Mickie heel turn. Probably to give her and Velvet a run at a feud, which will do well for tv. I don't care, heel or face, she's still my favorite female on the roster.

Slow your roll, dude. Don't act like I'm some WWE mark who's just trying to take a dump on TNA. I love TNA.

And I never said a heel turn for Mickey wouldn't work. I think Mickey would be a great heel. I can see her pulling off a Molly Holly type of heel turn. Calling all the other KOs ****s for dressing so provacatively and teeling us that Velvet is the worst cuz of her "let the pigions loose" ring entrance.

My point is that it seems that just about all the KOs are heels except Tara, Mickey, and Velvet. I guess ODB is now a face as well. If Mickey is turning heel, then she needs some faces to feud with after she's done putting over Velvet.

First off, i wanted to say Velvet Sky has became the Kelly Kelly of TNA. Hot, not very good in the ring, and over with the fans. A lot wanted her to win the title, She won the Title, Now no one cares. So lets turn her heel and throw back the good ole Beautiful People. Angelina is irrelevant as is Velvet. Put them together like before, and they could add to the the TNA Knockouts Tag Division.

Then, we have Madison, Gail Kim, Winter, Sarita, Rosita, Angelina and Velvet all as heels and ODB, Mickie James, Tara, Brook, Tracie. Thats 7 to 4 (not really counting Traci)

Now, if they want to turn Mickie Heel, they need to have people for her to face. Heel vs. Heel Fueds don't happen often, and i like the Face turn of Madison or even Sarita and Rosita to bring some freshness to the Knockouts division.

Slow your roll, dude. Don't act like I'm some WWE mark who's just trying to take a dump on TNA. I love TNA.

And I never said a heel turn for Mickey wouldn't work. I think Mickey would be a great heel. I can see her pulling off a Molly Holly type of heel turn. Calling all the other KOs ****s for dressing so provacatively and teeling us that Velvet is the worst cuz of her "let the pigions loose" ring entrance.

My point is that it seems that just about all the KOs are heels except Tara, Mickey, and Velvet. I guess ODB is now a face as well. If Mickey is turning heel, then she needs some faces to feud with after she's done putting over Velvet.

I know you're not a WWE mark, but just because we both like TNA doesn't mean we have to agree on every single thing. We're not WWE marks.

th_TrollFaceDancing.gif
th_TrollFaceDancing.gif
th_TrollFaceDancing.gif

However, even if Mickie turns heel and that fucks up the ballance in the force, who's to say they can't turn a couple of broads face in the next month? Angelina Love would be the easiest choice. Boom, back to normal.

Plus, we're expecting a long heel turn here, which I don't think she'll get. She can feud with Velvet for 'bout a month (if not more), then she can feud with Angelina who wants to kick Mickie's ass for messing with Velvet, then you have Tara and with Tara you have Box Jaw Tessmacher and so on. She has plenty of chicks to feud with.

Bitch needs a reboot, that's all I know. And with her shooting on the Bischoff angle on Twitter, she might as well turn into a female version of CM Punk. Wouldn't that be cool for a chick? You know, a chick that's edgy and breaks the 4th wall. Don't remember the last time I've seen one like that. Could work.

I for one would be all for a Mickie heel turn. She is my favorite KO on the roster, but she has been stale for quite some time, and she has already feuded with all the heel KOs. Time to freshen things up a bit for sure.

WTF?!
I came here earlier and replied with the quote that Mickie said on twitter, now my entire post is gone?! no private message explaining why.
am I not allowed to say her quote from twitter?

I've wondered for a little while now if TNA would do anything more with the way Angelina went heel with Winter, how she was under Winter's power. Angelina said at one point she was good and not being controlled anymore. but the angle with Velvet was over. maybe Angelina can turn face again and her and Velvet can be BFF again to reform the Beautiful People.

Madison works well as a bitch heel, so she should stay heel.

Rosita and Sarita are heel, but I haven't really noticed them wrestling in singles much for awhile now. last I really remember them were as tag team champions or with Mexican America.

if Mickie was to go heel she could wrestle with faces Velvet, Tara, Tessmacher, (Angelina?).
if Mickie remains face herself she wrestles with Gail, Madison, Winter, (Angelina?). and Sarita and Rosita if they're wrestling much.
I don't know what ODB is. literally. is that a woman? I guess so because she's currently in a love thing with EY, but then again they could have a comedy angle where ODB is really a hermaphrodite and EY wouldn't care.

I agree with whomever said TNA's heel turns don't usually work out: Hardy; Stykles; Kennedy were all failures. Sure Rood and Angle's turns worked but I always thought they were more Tweeners anyway.
But back to Mickie, someone said it is a no brainer for her to turn heel and help get Velvet over. Why sacrifice one to help the other? velvet was at her peak when she was with Angelina and in the Beautiful People. Most THA fans seem to want a BP reunion so why not do it and they can go back to being the heels that are popular with the fans?
Just trying to figure out the upside to a Mickie turn

can someone tell me what "heelish behavor" Mickie James displayed last night on iMPACT? because i didnt see any then again i was distracted by velvet sky so i might have missed it but no i dont think Mickie is going heel anytime soon for a couple reasons 1 is because right now gail kim & madison rayne are the top heels in that divison and for mickie to turn heel i think it would be a clusterfuck of 3 of the best KO's all heel (and im assuming all trying to be top heel? :shrug:) and the 2nd reason is i cant really picture hardcore country as a heel gimmick but maybe thats just me.

I agree with whomever said TNA's heel turns don't usually work out: Hardy; Stykles; Kennedy were all failures. Sure Rood and Angle's turns worked but I always thought they were more Tweeners anyway.
But back to Mickie, someone said it is a no brainer for her to turn heel and help get Velvet over. Why sacrifice one to help the other? velvet was at her peak when she was with Angelina and in the Beautiful People. Most THA fans seem to want a BP reunion so why not do it and they can go back to being the heels that are popular with the fans?
Just trying to figure out the upside to a Mickie turn

That was me. Thing is, Mickie James essentially came into WWE as a heel even though it was a long heel turn with her Trish Stratus obsession angle. Her heel angle in WWE wasn't that impressive and she's a much better face than heel. Another thing is Madison is a far better heel than James and I even like AL as a heel more than a face. BUT, the BP anti-hero heel/face angle worked big time for TNA and they abandoned it to freshen it up and for Velvet that's been a HUGE bust! (pun intended!) But Sky is a HORRIBLE wrestler and needs the fem angle to get over. She needs that arrogant "I'm better than you because I'm hot" angle because it takes the focus off her wrestling.

But focusing on turning James heel is a mistake IMHO because it stacks the deck heel heavy and does nothing to advance the KO division as a viable product.

That was me. Thing is, Mickie James essentially came into WWE as a heel even though it was a long heel turn with her Trish Stratus obsession angle. Her heel angle in WWE wasn't that impressive and she's a much better face than heel. Another thing is Madison is a far better heel than James and I even like AL as a heel more than a face. BUT, the BP anti-hero heel/face angle worked big time for TNA and they abandoned it to freshen it up and for Velvet that's been a HUGE bust! (pun intended!) But Sky is a HORRIBLE wrestler and needs the fem angle to get over. She needs that arrogant "I'm better than you because I'm hot" angle because it takes the focus off her wrestling.

But focusing on turning James heel is a mistake IMHO because it stacks the deck heel heavy and does nothing to advance the KO division as a viable product.

Diagree about Mickie's heel debut being a bust. It was probably the best heel Diva run in WWE history. But that was a long time ago and I am not sure the audience can accept her as a heel. She turns heel and then what? As I said earlier, unless Tara wins at AAO heel Mickie is bnot in the titke picture so why bother?

I agree with you though that Madison makes a much better heel than a face and it seems TNA is turning her face which is a mistake. BP do need to reunite. Angelina has all but disappeared since the breakup. The BP were a great heel KO team and TNA needs to bring them back.

Curious where this is going

I know you're not a WWE mark, but just because we both like TNA doesn't mean we have to agree on every single thing. We're not WWE marks.

th_TrollFaceDancing.gif
th_TrollFaceDancing.gif
th_TrollFaceDancing.gif

However, even if Mickie turns heel and that fucks up the ballance in the force, who's to say they can't turn a couple of broads face in the next month? Angelina Love would be the easiest choice. Boom, back to normal.

Plus, we're expecting a long heel turn here, which I don't think she'll get. She can feud with Velvet for 'bout a month (if not more), then she can feud with Angelina who wants to kick Mickie's ass for messing with Velvet, then you have Tara and with Tara you have Box Jaw Tessmacher and so on. She has plenty of chicks to feud with.

Bitch needs a reboot, that's all I know. And with her shooting on the Bischoff angle on Twitter, she might as well turn into a female version of CM Punk. Wouldn't that be cool for a chick? You know, a chick that's edgy and breaks the 4th wall. Don't remember the last time I've seen one like that. Could work.

How is it that you mention CM Punk and yet try and be the biggest advocate of turning Mickie heel? You do realize that CM Punk's "breaking the 4th wall" stuff has made him one of the most popular babyface wrestlers in the world right?

Thing is, Punk was popular before then. He had been a commodity people knew about for years. So too has Mickie James. I don't understand this obsession people have with "turning heel" and how it somehow is the answer for everything in a wrestling career. It's not.

The other fallacy we're dealing with here is that turning Mickie heel will elevate Velvet. Um, Velvet WAS elevated..........she was champion remember? Yea, we probably don't remember because Gail Kim came back and TNA took a dump on the chest of the push of Velvet. Even if she feuded with Mickie, why should we care? She had her months and months of hard work and a somewhat decent underdog story thrown out the window to make sure Gail Kim could bore us to death with a long, drawn-out heel title reign. Velvet's there now but the luster is gone. If anything, Mickie herself is the most popular Knockout on the roster, so naturally the talk is about turning her. Why am I not surprised?

Just last week there were not one but TWO threads about whether Jeff Hardy could turn heel again? I kind of see this one in the same boat. It's at the point in her career where Mickie is basically universally respected. Heck, I'd argue that she's easily one of the top two female workers I've ever seen (along with Lita). Not only that, we have an insight to Mickie's life the way we don't with basically any other woman in wrestling. Mickie sings, she rides horses, she's a normal chick from Virginia who's just a likeable person. Fans knows that and they cheer for her as a result. She's your most valuable commodity in an invaluable division. Turning her takes that away.

All these valid points said, that pretty much confirms that Mickie will indeed turn heel and in 6 months when she's a face again, we'll reconvene to talk about how stupid it was. Except for a couple of people who are convinced that every wrestler ever is and was "better as a heel".

Right now, i think it'S the perfect time to turn her heel. The Knockout division is finally starting to return to what it use to be and they stop focusing on just one girl beating everybody in the division. They actually have somebody else in the title picture in Tara with could turn into a really good feud between tara and Gail.

The only problem i have with Mickie turning heel, is that with Mickie & Gail, the face side will be seriously lacking in talented worker to go against these 2. If you take Mickie out of the face side, all they have left is Tara,ODB, Brooke tessmacher and Velvet Sky. I love all 4 woman but ODB at this point is more of a comedy character, Tara is a great wrestler but still is limited because of her age and all the injuries she had over the years. Brooke and velvet will popular are not as talented and have sometimes difficulty to hang with the more talented wrestlers.

Also what about the other heel on the roster. With Mickie and Gail as the 2 focal point on the heel side, where do you put, Angelina love, Winter & Madison Rayne? Angelina and Winter are probably the best team they have right now in the knockout division if you don'T count Rosita & Sarita (Who we haven'T seen since MExican america got squash by morgan & Crimsom) & MAdison Rayne is probably the best promo girl in the whole knockout division.

So i'm happy they decided to maybe turn her heel because her face character was starting to remind me of John Cena and i was getting a little by tired of it, but at the same time, i'm thinking that with her on the same side as Gail, these leave a lot less place for the other heel on the roster who actually deserve to have tv time.

How is it that you mention CM Punk and yet try and be the biggest advocate of turning Mickie heel? You do realize that CM Punk's "breaking the 4th wall" stuff has made him one of the most popular babyface wrestlers in the world right?

Thing is, Punk was popular before then. He had been a commodity people knew about for years. So too has Mickie James. I don't understand this obsession people have with "turning heel" and how it somehow is the answer for everything in a wrestling career. It's not.

The other fallacy we're dealing with here is that turning Mickie heel will elevate Velvet. Um, Velvet WAS elevated..........she was champion remember? Yea, we probably don't remember because Gail Kim came back and TNA took a dump on the chest of the push of Velvet. Even if she feuded with Mickie, why should we care? She had her months and months of hard work and a somewhat decent underdog story thrown out the window to make sure Gail Kim could bore us to death with a long, drawn-out heel title reign. Velvet's there now but the luster is gone. If anything, Mickie herself is the most popular Knockout on the roster, so naturally the talk is about turning her. Why am I not surprised?

Just last week there were not one but TWO threads about whether Jeff Hardy could turn heel again? I kind of see this one in the same boat. It's at the point in her career where Mickie is basically universally respected. Heck, I'd argue that she's easily one of the top two female workers I've ever seen (along with Lita). Not only that, we have an insight to Mickie's life the way we don't with basically any other woman in wrestling. Mickie sings, she rides horses, she's a normal chick from Virginia who's just a likeable person. Fans knows that and they cheer for her as a result. She's your most valuable commodity in an invaluable division. Turning her takes that away.

All these valid points said, that pretty much confirms that Mickie will indeed turn heel and in 6 months when she's a face again, we'll reconvene to talk about how stupid it was. Except for a couple of people who are convinced that every wrestler ever is and was "better as a heel".

That wasn't the initial plan, was it? The fact that the fans chose to cheer for him is a whole 'nother story. He was shooting on everyone, including the fans. WWE chose to tone his heelish behavior down in terms of his verbal attacks toward the audience and slowly push him into the babyface lane, which of course ended up in a big wad of nothing, resulting in Punk being about 20% over of what he used to be and generating no other benefits for the company other than selling some T-Shirts, but that's WWE for ya. Trendin' on Twitter, C-List celebrities and T-Shirts. Pro wrestling as it was meant to be.

All bonafide truth aside, If TNA wants an "edgy" Mickie heel, they'll keep her that way. Will it generate heat from the crowd? Eh, who knows, chicks aren't that good at getting in people's heads except if they're screeching real loud a-la Vickie or Rayne. We've had some faces who were great heels, we've had some faces who were shitty heels. Plus, I doubt she's as good as Punk on the mic, good enough to make people actually like her through respect or some other variable which will eventually yo-yo her back to being a face.

... you'd think getting hated and boo'd would come naturally for a woman. [Zion being called sexist by some sensitive fruit in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... ]

At the end of the day, anything she does will be better than this vanilla WWE bullshit she's been doing since she came along. Velvet could use some revamping too but poor gal's so talentless when it comes to something other than grinding on a rope that a heel turn would only ruin her career.

And please don't be silly enough to deem this as a bust before it's happened, because you're just as ignorant as those you mock who say that the heel turn will make her better, I hope your smart ass realizes that.

P.S: No novels in reply to this, please. Freakin' Christ, we ain't got all day to read your memoires.

I think people are jumping the gun a bit, it's been a staple of wrestling for years that when two faces meet, the less popular displays heel traits to ramp up interest. Velvet was getting the better reaction, a veteran like Mickie would be more than capable of tapering her performance to garner herself some heel heat rather than receive no reaction because the Pigeon Coup is in effect.

As for the Bischoff comment, sounds like a legit gripe to me, as the 'Baby Bischoff' is as disrespectful to Eric (mega heel) as it is to Garrett.

I'm not saying a heel turn might not be on the cards (possibly a repeat of the Trish storyline with Velvet the object of her desires?), just that these two incidents are a distance from it even being a strong possibility at the moment - especially given the current face / heel dynamic.

From the match with Velvet it appears a heel turn is in the works but I don't see much point, she's the most over female babyface and can actually work. Tara is a good worker but I don't see them pushing her as the top face of the KO's.

If the plan is to make Mickie, Gail and Angelina the top heels to carry Velvet as the top face I think it's a mistake. Velvet has worked hard but she's still very average in the ring when trying any multi counter sequence or having to hit a quick succession of offense on a comeback.

It also seems odd that they'd care enough about a KO heel turn to have one take a shot at Hogan. How long has Mickie's contract got left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back