Miami Region, Fifth Round: (1) Hulk Hogan vs. (3) John Cena

Who Wins This Match?

• Hulk Hogan

• John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.
Look, I hate to whine about an internet tournament, and I definitely don't think Cena should go over, but isn't it kind of fishy that Hogan would creep up by collecting a vote or two, then he was within 4 votes just earlier today, and then all of a sudden 6 votes just pop up for Cena? So only a couple of votes are coming in at a time, and all of a sudden there's a big influx of Cena supporters? That's the second time I've noticed it in this thread. Are people really cheating on an internet tournament?

Hogan is the better professional wrestler even if he isn't the better "worker". People care more about him than they do about Cena. The WWE is undeniably in a down period from where they were in the 80's and the Attitude Era. Hogan was at the forefront of both of those eras (by himself in the 80's, with Stone Cold and the Rock in the Attitude Era which was prompted by the nWo.)

Vote Hogan.

Look, I hate to whine about an internet tournament, and I definitely don't think Cena should go over, but isn't it kind of fishy that Hogan would creep up by collecting a vote or two, then he was within 4 votes just earlier today, and then all of a sudden 6 votes just pop up for Cena? So only a couple of votes are coming in at a time, and all of a sudden there's a big influx of Cena supporters? That's the second time I've noticed it in this thread. Are people really cheating on an internet tournament?
A lot of people like to wait until the last moment to cast their votes, I guess as some kind of a strategy to get their guy a win. It happens on a fairly regular basis over the years.

Cheating in the past has been a problem, and I can't say with 100% accuracy that people aren't trying to cheat, but I can say with 100% accuracy the only people who can change the amount of votes in a poll are Administrators, and neither KB or myself would do that, especially AGAINST Hogan. In addition, we've put in a few different measures over the years to help protect against cheating.

So, don't blame the loss on cheating, because it's probably just a case where a lot of people just held onto their vote until the very end.

A lot of people like to wait until the last moment to cast their votes, I guess as some kind of a strategy to get their guy a win. It happens on a fairly regular basis over the years.

Cheating in the past has been a problem, and I can't say with 100% accuracy that people aren't trying to cheat, but I can say with 100% accuracy the only people who can change the amount of votes in a poll are Administrators, and neither KB or myself would do that, especially AGAINST Hogan. In addition, we've put in a few different measures over the years to help protect against cheating.

So, don't blame the loss on cheating, because it's probably just a case where a lot of people just held onto their vote until the very end.

I'm not saying anyone changed the vote totals, but it was suspicious that a vote or two would be coming in slowly and then suddenly 6 would show up for Cena. I was thinking something more along the line of people creating fake double accounts which I know was an issue previously. It's obvious that there are a lot of people who (rightly or wrongly) are supporting Cena in this match up, and it's annoying because it's so off-base in my opinion, but it's also obvious from the posts that there are people who legitimately feel this way (or are at least posting as if they do). I didn't mean to come off like a whiny bitch, like I said, it's just an internet tournament. I'll just let it drop, don't mind me.:weird:

I'm not saying anyone changed the vote totals, but it was suspicious that a vote or two would be coming in slowly and then suddenly 6 would show up for Cena. I was thinking something more along the line of people creating fake double accounts which I know was an issue previously. It's obvious that there are a lot of people who (rightly or wrongly) are supporting Cena in this match up, and it's annoying because it's so off-base in my opinion, but it's also obvious from the posts that there are people who legitimately feel this way (or are at least posting as if they do). I didn't mean to come off like a whiny bitch, like I said, it's just an internet tournament. I'll just let it drop, don't mind me.:weird:

It is not possible to sign up for an account today and vote for either Cena or Hogan, and we have a system in place to catch alternate accounts. We ban routinely ban alternate accounts here on WZ.

Like I said, we've taken steps to minimize the possibility of cheating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back