• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Merged* Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 25; What should happen?

My guess is that Jericho will be rehired by Vince when he comes back and that would ignite a McMahon Feud between Vince and Steph, which will end up with a match between Jericho w/Vince vs. a representative to be picked by Stephanie, who will turn out to be Stone Cold

Another road to go now that Austin is already apart of Mania via the Hall of Fame ceremony would be to go with Randy Orton. Now I fully believe that Orton will face Cena at Wrestlemania, but a swerve could be in the works with Batista possibly being back (i'm not so sold on the seriousness of his injury, and with what Cena did alst year, anythings possible)

Now for the record, I wills tate that I want Cena vs. Orton to happen, but if there was an alternate Orton match, The Legend Killer Randy Orton vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin on the day after his induction would be beyond epic. Randy Orton has some crazy heat going for him right now, and he is almsot very Austin like. Randy Orton gets some killer tweener pops, much like a late 96 early 97 Steve Austin.

Now obviously in Houston, Randy Orton is going to get booed out of teh arena, but I honestly think that Randy Orton could get a huge rub off of even just being in the ring with someone like Austin. Austins style doesn't work with a guy like John Cena, but I think his style fits almost perfectly to a guy like Randy Orton.

Well... according to good ol' J.R, Austin isn't wrestling another match. That really blows... since over the past few years he's been teasing at it in various interviews and whatnot. WWE could just try to be covering it up, but I definently don't expect Steve to wrestle another match as much as I did. Bummer.

i think Austin V Cena would be an awsome match.

imagine cena going for the 5-knuckle shuffle then austin moves last second and bang stunner. austin would put cena in his place.

but i heard that he wouldn't wrestle again. i can imagine him being special ref at 'Mania.

I was thinking Orton before the Rumble, but obviously that's not going to happen now. I'm now thinking it is going to be HBK. It's in Texas, HBK is doing a heelish character right now, and he doesn't have a "good" fued for Wrestlemania, and we know he needs to fight. I'm hoping his JBL thing will end at No Way Out, but it would be sudden, so I can't exactly put all my hope on this. The other option is Undertaker, but I doubt they would make Austin lose and there is no way Taker is losing the streak, so this is unlikely too. Other than that the only options would be bringing back a guy like Hogan too fight him, which is a possibility but I don't think he would do it. The match would suck anyway. Oh well, I'm sure something will come up soon to give us some more idea.

Jericho would fit well. Since Rourke is apparently "not" coming to Mania which I still don't believe, Jericho still is looking for an opponent there. He's always bragging about how he beat Austin and Rock in the same night over 8 years ago, so if he says that again, the glass could shatter and Austin could challenge him one more time. Put Austin in Texas against Chris Jericho who has more than the mic skills to pull off some amazing heel promos there and the match will take care of itself. Either way, it could be a most entertaining match and build up to it.

Hey I got the perfect match for austin at wrestlemania how bout.....Austin/Y2J?

With austin being inducted into the HOF this year and Y2J already in monster heel frorm going after legends it would be the perfect match. Austin finally makes Y2J shut his big mouth once and for all

Hey I got the perfect match for austin at wrestlemania how bout.....Austin/Y2J?

With austin being inducted into the HOF this year and Y2J already in monster heel frorm going after legends it would be the perfect match. Austin finally makes Y2J shut his big mouth once and for all

Yep, Y2J is the best option for sure. He is bagging the Legends (SCSA is now a legend, especially after getting inducted to HOF) and as KB said, Jericho is always bragging about how he beat Austin and Rock so it would be awesome for Austin to want a rematch or something and we all know how good both these guys are at what they do so it would no doubt be an amazing match!

If Austin is going to work at WM25, there is only one person I want to see against him: Hulk Hogan. It would be great fun to see the two biggest superstars going one on one. A shame Austin is such a coward.

Its a shame Hogan's demands and attitude make him so difficult to work with in recent years. Austin/Hogan would be great, however Austin/Cena would work better in my opinion. Austin is out of shape, and everyone knows of his injuries so who better than the best worker in the WWE to trust with helping guide Austin through the match. The match would be great for many reasons it would be almost as big a draw as Austin/Hogan, is more likely to be a good match given the condition of Hogan/Austin, and would be like Austin passing Cena the torch.

Now I know that there are similar threads asking who his opponent should be, but I'm coming from a different way here in my thread- I'm not even assuming he should wrestle at all, because I'm not sure of the quality that he could really put on on the biggest stage of them all. However, alot of people still would love to see him wrestle one more match, and it has been recently stated that he'll be appearing on RAW, so what, in your opinion, do you want to see happen with Stone Cold. Who do you want him to feud with in the upcoming weeks, what storyline(s) do you want him to be placed in, and what do you want to see him to do at WM25 (wrestle, guest ref, etc)? So, basically what I'm asking is, if you could book Austin's role in the upcoming weeks, what exactly would you have him do?

Given the current state of things, I would have him wrestle Chris Jericho with Ric Flair in his corner. Jericho is insulting Hall of Famers left and right, Flair is arguably the biggest and most recent and Austin will be inducted himself this year. If Austin wants his last match to be a victory and at the silver anniversary of Wrestlemania no less, book him against Jericho. Jericho won't even look weak because Flair will cost him the match somehow and he would have lost to one of the biggest stars himself. Ironically, the very man he beat to become the first Undisputed Champion.

Personally, I just don`t know.
I`m a huge fan! I`m really looking forward to the HOF.
On one hand, I really want to see him wrestle again...but on the other, is it really worth it if he is not in shape?
So IF he CAN, i`d love to see him wrestle Y2J...but that`s a big IF.
Can`t say I would like a beer contest...been done way too many times, same thing for special guest referee.

2 Years ago WWE brought the idea up for Stone Cold vs Hulk Hogan
(battle of the legends) but thats obviously been scrapped as the story would've started already. Can't see Austin taking on Chris Jericho. It's too weak. Chris Jericho vs Ric Flair w/Stone Cold in his corner. I Honestly can't see Austin wrestling again as it would've happened by now.

:flair:

I'm so torn on this one as the Texas Rattlesnake is my favorite of all time and i will be there. On one hand a match with Jericho could have build that would work nicely with Jericho taking shots at HOF'ers. He could bring up Austin this week on Raw which would prompt Austin next week to further things and ultimately set up a match at Mania. The only way i want this match to happen is if Austin can put on a worth while performance ad not tarnish himself in anyway. A street fight would benefit him greatly so they can blend in wrestling with weapons being used which will save the wear and tear on Austin to a degree. This all falls on Steve trusting Chris of course.

On the other hand i think we could get a Jericho/Flair matchup which i dont really want/. If that happens most likely Austin will be the guest ref. Match ending of a Stunner then Flair and Austin beer bash.

Out of the two i much prefer Austin wrestling but he has given so much to us all that i am ok with it if he doesnt wrestle. I'de only want him to wrestler if he knew he would be ok physically afterward.

Basically as long as we get to see one big can of whoop ass opened i'll be happy.

I'd like to see Jericho vs Austin which seems to be the direction WWE is taking. I don't think Flair will wrestle since that would make his retirement meaningless. Austin has never really had a proper "last match" and he deserves to have one if his body can handle it.

Jericho vs Austin can easily be build up for WM25 with their past history. Jericho can brag about how he beat The Rock and Stone Cold in the same night to become the first ever Undisputed Champion and then beat them again at Royal Rumble and No Way out.

Austin should not work wrestlemania. He's damaged goods, he can't wrestle, yes its horrible to think is such a way but this is pro WRESTLING, you need to be able to actually do the stuff and if he cant even take a bump with out his back and neck going out of wack why would he work. Besides, the old beer drinkin, middle finger flipping tough S.O.B. is gone. He's dead. this is family friendly wwe. The new mean lookin tough texan just isn't the same and every time they use him its the same boring combination since he can no longer tell some one off in the true stone cold way because he might offend the little kiddies. Here's his match, he comes down to the wring, his opponent calls him a wash up, he stuns him, drinks a soda, back to the locker room. If wwe decided that they were going to go back to being PG and appeal to the 18-30 group(also some times refured to as wrestlings main audience) and stone cold came out and tared his opponent a new ass hole like we all remember him doing, id like to see that, but sadly those days are over and we know that wont happen.

No one is going to like this but at this moment, if Austin was going to wrestle it would be either him vs. Y2J (not going to happen) or Austin vs. JBL: And I'll tell you why.

Austin is the complete oppisite of JBL, but they share one thing in common: Their both Texans. JBL is over as a heel and after HBK I don't see what would happen at mania with him. This is just my idea. Thoughts

What I would do is stick him in a match with Jericho, I don't really care who wins I just want the two to put on a solid match, as far as linking it to a storyline, have Rourke be in Austins corner, and Flair be made the sp. ref, if you really need to involve him, I think one last match between these two could be epic, they could have the two feud all the way up to WM by exchanging promo's from week to week, with a few other segments and exchanges between the two, have who ever is in charge of Raw issue a stipulation that neither can lay a hand on the other before the match, this should build up the anticipation for the match, because with 7 weeks to build it up, and people wanting to see Austin stun the fuck out of Jericho so badly, by the time the match hits the fans will be going nuts... well as long as they don't start off the match by just staring at each other of 10 mins. anyway

the one thing I don't want to see is Austin as a fucking guest referee, it's been done to death, pretty much every time he comes back in fact, and it really has very little effect anymore

I'll say this again... I think that it will be Austin vs Jericho at WM. There's already been a few hints at its possibility. Steve Austin became a "WWE LEGEND" at most, 2 years ago... Jericho has already made comments about how he beat Austin and The Rock in the same night. He's trashed every Legend since then, who's worth mentioning. Ric Flair will not step out of retirement. Even Naitch knows the repercussions on his legacy if he were to do so. He'll either choose someone to face Jericho or SCSA will just appear out of nowhere and basically call Jericho a "Mealy mouthed bastard" and the match will make itself... SCSA has already been confirmed for the 2 Raw shows before Mania. What else could possibly happen?

What I'd really like to see is a combination of the "Jericho vs Legends" concept with "Jericho vs Austin".

The real issues with Austin are that he doesn't want to wrestle a long match with someone he doesn't trust, right? And Jericho having Rourke...idk...I think it'll just be kind of a dud. I don't see anything fantastic happening from it. I'm not riding the Mickey Rourke bandwagon like most people are. I don't think he deserves the Oscar for his role or anything. Decent? Yeah. Absolutely awe-inspiring and the next great thing in cinema/wrestling history? Hell no.

So really, I'd love to see a Legends Gauntlet concept. Jericho comes out and says he wants to prove that he's better than everyone and he has an open challenge. The WWE doesn't really have a spot for quite a few performers this time around (Big Show, Umaga, Kozlov, Kane unless he's in the MITB, Finlay unless the MITB as well) and so forth, so they'd need something rather short to add that 9th match. Well, Jericho can have a 10 minute series of matches. One legend after another comes out. WWE can contact whoever is interested. Since they're all old and past their primes, they should be willing to lay down for Jericho fast. So you've got people backstage working that could do a 1 minute thing with no problem. Jericho vs Malenko for 2 minutes or something. Jericho vs Slaughter. Jericho vs Piper. Jericho vs Snuka. Jericho vs blah blah blah. Well then Jericho gets on the mic and says that he's proven he's better than them all, "is there anybody left?" and whatnot, and Stone Cold's music hits. He comes out, they wrestle a 2-3 minute match since Austin can trust him apparently, and Jericho gets cocky and it gets the better of him with Austin hitting the stunner, getting the pin, ending the gauntlet and putting Jericho in his place.

Austin gets a quick match that he doesn't have to worry about getting injured in, helps put over Jericho as an asshole (who also looks good because he just DESTROYED several legends and none of them got the slightest bit of offense in), and the fans pop crazy for seeing one of the top heels in the company get the stunner. It also works with Austin being the head of the HOF class this year.

Perfect scenario in my opinion. I'd much rather see that than Jericho vs Rourke with Austin just coming out to stun Dolph Ziggler or something.

In the Wrestlemania XXV thread, I had Stone Cold on my card as a special referee for a Texas Bullrope Match between Shawn Michaels and JBL.

I didn't think this feud was ending at No Way Out. I don't think there's been a Texas Bullrope match in ages, and this would be the perfect place. with the best possible wrestler for the match. We'd all get the pleasure of seeing JBL get his ass handed to him by HBK, and we'd have the added bonus of a very one-sided Stone Cold as referee.

With it being in Texas, it'd be perfect to have the Texas Rattlesnake involved in a Texas Bullrope match between two wrestlers that call Texas home.

Hbk Vs Undertake Stone Cold As The Ref.

Wm Is In Texas And They Are All From Texas Nuff Said
I`m tired of seeing SCSA as referree...it has been done too much now BUT this match....I say hell yeah. 3 legends on the ring at the same time...besides all from Texas, crowd would go crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back