*Merged* Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 25; What should happen?

He's going to face Chris Jericho. Austin said that Jericho was the only person he'd trust to have in a match, and it ties in to Jericho insulting the legends.

I dont know where you got that from but ya thats the most reasonable thing he can do.. I really dont want to see him at WM25 doing his gimmick..he should fight one more match..considering it will never be the rock, jericho is the next best thing right now..one can only hope WWE creative starts up that story line, instead of having jericho beat up old men..

I want to point out two things after watching tonight's RAW episode. First off, next weeks show is in San Antonio, Texas... and second, the date of next weeks show is March 16th or rather 3:16. Coincidence? I've gotta say, I sure hope not.

I know there has been talk of Jerry Lawler stepping up to take on Jericho because he wants a match at Mania before his career is done. Well, I am praying that does not happen and that Vince flat out turns that option down without hesitation. As big of a loyal employee and colorful commentator as Lawler has been... a match with Jericho on RAW would barely be accepted by fans never mind a match at Wrestlemania. So I beg World Wrestling Entertainment to not ruin history by having a guy the caliber of Jericho job to an announcer that hasn't wrestled in years.

Bottom line is, this is an anniversary Wrestlemania, it's in Austin's home state and he always draws huge and money is a big goal for the company. It's already setup perfectly and despite it being predictable... nobody should care. We would all love to see it while we can. Flair comes out next week and tells Jericho he respects the business and when Shawn Michaels beat him last year he was finished... and he is going to honor that. But then he will tell us the legends have found someone to step up and take the challenge to represent all past legends... cue glass shatter and Jericho's shocked face. Then you have a beauty... Austin VS Jericho in Texas at the 25th Anniversary. Then Rourke hits Jericho with a chair, Austin stunners him and he and Rourke drink beer. It's picture perfect and we wouldn't want it any other way.

show up stunner to jericho and leave thats basiclly what he will do,if he was coming back to wrestle there would be loads of build up yeah hes in great shape at the moment,but hes not going to be wrestling at wm25 and youll have to except it

Whoever is sure of themselves that Austin won't wrestle isn't being open minded enough here. If there was ever a time he was going to return to do one match it would be at Wrestlemania 25. He has stated he would work with Jericho, it's in Texas so the convenience of the arena being basically down the street from his house is there. Vince has wanted a big match for this huge anniversary show for quite sometime now. He can't get an Austin/Hogan match so might as well be ok with Austin/Jericho if both parties are up for it and have stated it would be cool to do it. Austin is getting older and won't have many opportunities to wrestle for much longer. It's a huge pay out for maybe 20 minutes of work so why not do it? He'd be stupid not to.

I guess the bigger story here is, if they don't use Austin to wrestle Jericho then who does? Everyone can't honestly tell me they want to see or would accept Jerry Lawler stepping up to wrestle him. If that happens I think it'll be the straw that broke the camel's back for me as far watching wrestling in the future will go. I would lose all faith of being sold a decent product. You could do a Jericho/Lawler match on ECW Tuesdays and I'd still not want to see it. For Wrestlemania... unacceptable.

I hope Austin doesnt compete at Wrestlemania, but i hope he defends the other HOF's that Jericho is facing, and stuns Jericho so the others can win. I Think that would be classic, having a brand new hall of famer helping the older ones.

I think Steve Austin won't be in a match and he will come out during Jericho's match when all of the other legends are getting beat up . Most likely he will give Jericho a stunner and celebrate with beers and give each legend a beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back