• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*MERGED* Raw Guest Host discussion

favorite guest host

• Batista

• The Million Dollar Man

• Seth Green

• Snoop Dogg

• Shaquille O'Neal

• Ozzy Osbourne

• Sgt. Slaughter

• Ben Roethlisberger

• Floyd Mayweather

• Dusty Rhodes

• Bob Barker

• Trish Stratus

• Jesse Ventura

• Roddy Piper

• Verne "Mini Me" Troyer

Results are only viewable after voting.
I quite like this idea. It gives Raw something diffrent each week. I would prefer it to be old wrestlers rather than Z listers(although I can see the business sense in that as it would attract main stream interest).I'm pleased the million dollar man is back(could this hint towards a HOF place? I hope so)next week.It could even be used to introduce a big new signing, there decesions could annoy people and lead into some fueds. This could really help keep the product fresh, something a stale raw despretly needs.

I think that have a special guest gm each week is absurd and bs in its own right. What are they trying to do get people to tune in to see who it is this week?? Maybe that would work if they advertise it through the week on usa network and the website. I think that they should have one gm over all shows and for godsakes at least make it person thats a fan of prowrestling and not some hollywood writer looking for experience or trying to sell his own script

They'll have old legends host. Simple. They're opening up with Ted Dibiase Sr.. They'll probably follow with a Ricky Steamboat, a Hacksaw Jim Duggan to see if that Legends contract was a waste.

Then they'll throw us Ric Flair for the month-late-supposed-to-be-in-North Carolina pop, and probably leave it at that.

They might go outside of WWE and try to pull in people that make no fucking sense at all, but will still get the "Oh wow, they're hosting?" pop. Your random celebrities, your Brooke Hogan, your Freddie Prince Jr, your David Arquettes (hahahahaha). But I doubt it. Look for completely in house, old Legends to host.

I think they should have Floyd Mayweather host Raw. Come back for the Big Show? He needs the money and Show needs something to do.

The only way this can work if they have wrestling personalities and those of the sort be the host GM's. Once you have celebrities that have no affiliation with wrestling start being the host general manager, then it will start to get old fast.

As for what I think of the new Host every week, its just like 2004 when the Face Survivor Team won their match and each guy hosted for a separate week. By the time Night of Champions rolls around, we'll likely get another solid GM to lead us into Summerslam.

I doubt seriously we get a different host each week, to add no build-up for anything except for weekly.

As it stands, Batista made a Tournament.. but who's to say DiBiase doesn't come in, and rearrange that Tournament by adding/replacing the two men in the Finals? If he has the same type of power Batista had this week, then he obviously can.

I think its a great deal to happen for 4 weeks.. which is all we have until the next Pay per view. But anything beyond 4 weeks gets old and seems like its just being repeated.

I was thinking this as well they're going to eventually run out of people to use as Guest Hosts and by NOC this whole charade should be over. Not that I care I'm getting pretty sick of Raw but no way does DiBiase change the HHH and Cena match thats too big of a match for WWE and there hyping the fuck out of it. The Host shit should be over by the ppv's end,maybe they will introduce the new GM at NOC after the WWE title match.

I think it's great I hate watching WWE's crappy GM's! I like the idea of a new one every week much betetr, and better yet it could be anyone!

Celeberties:

Jack Black: He's a crazy mother fucker, he'll put on a good show.

Ozzy Osbourne: SHARON!!! LOL He is my idol! I'm a hard core, die hard rocker so yeah.

Wrestlers:

Bret Hart: Childhood hero! And he's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be!

What if they got a current wrestler that just put himself over? Thus creating a more heel/face persona.
Imagine if Orton was the host, for example.

The idea of having a different GM every week is cool and very refreshing. I was definitely interested in seeing Raw when they announced that Dibiase Sr was was going to be there. It definitely gets the fans attention. The only thing I would do different is have the chosen GM to be on Raw for 2 weeks instead of one. For example he'll make decisions and changes on his first night on the job and then the following monday we would see how it would play out.

2 weeks behind us on what i believe is a great idea on bosting Raw Ratings...

week 1 - General Manager Batista

week 2 - Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase

who will be week 3?

who would just blow you off your seat if they were announced to take charge of Raw for 1 week?

for me Hulk Hogan would get such a HUGE POP...say what you will but the man is money and would blow the roop off the place....

how about a show in toronto and none other than Bret Hart? (doubtful)

maybe Stone Cold Steve Austin??

wwe has so much talent in the backroom of retired superstars who are now agents etc. that they could use...

i just really see this as such a great idea for Raw...so who do you realistically think will take the throne in the weeks to come? secondly who do you WISH would take the throne? Lastly and this is why this is in the WWE thread do you see or would you like to see Smackdown or ECW do the same as raw? I personally dont....it gives RAW the prestige and surprise every week unless its announced...

thoughts?....

I know this is a crazy @$$ long shot, but what could the WWE do, just for one night, if they brought in Jeff Jarrett to be GM of Raw. Remember, I said just one night. The possibilities are endless, and the history Jeff has with some of the current Stars is pretty big. Does anyone remember his association with Mark Henry?? I’m not even going to get into his past with the Kliq. I think it would be a great way to cross promote, even for just one day, but I know it won’t happen.

Of course Austin or Hogan would be ideal, but it will probably be somewhere along the lines of Edge or HBK. If its a legend it would be along the lines of Piper or Steamboat. Don't get your hopes up.

If it was going to be Hogan, Austin or someone like that they would advertise it like hell because they are starved for ratings. So starved that at times their ad campaigns, and attempts to draw viewers seems pathetic.

I would kill to see the rock, although it will never happen. Ditto for Savage. Austin is a possibility. Edge would be a good one, He does well in speaking roles and it would keep him fresh in the minds of the fans. If HBK doesn't come back soon, i could see him stepping up in the GM role. For a nice change of pace, i'd like to see J.R or Lawler take charge for once. And of course, we all know Flair is going to get his shot.

Steamboat is likely, booking himself an IC title match against Rey or a World Shot at Punk? Dusty Rhodes may do it at some point... RVD is likely... Hogan would probably blow it by asking for a win over someone, but if he shows up, wrestles and loses... good good...

I think they will start to go a little more outside their agents though... Guys like Piper are likely... I would love to see Mr T do it... and you just know Pete Rose will probably show up...

I said this on another thread, but:

Stone Cold
The Rock
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Vince Russo
Eric Bischoff
Paul Heyman
Jeff Jarrett
Jim Cornette
King Patrick

I would be pleasantly surprised if any of these 10 Stars show up at any given week and I would be interested to see how they would “Run” the A – Show.

I would have to say all the gm's had something to do with legacy so far. The next gm will be dusty rhodes. Probly booking ted jr against mark henry as pay back. This wold marke sence. Then after this they said it could be a superstar as well so I'mm expecting goldust and him messing with legacy. Then after that dare I say HHH. This whole gm thing is teriable because its all to further legacy vs hhh. Sadly wwe is not using it for entertaiment which they should. Orton and HHH can survive without a title and without aide of these dumb ploys so its kinda stupid. I expect this to be only legacys friends and enemys, sadly thats it.

I would have to say all the gm's had something to do with legacy so far. The next gm will be dusty rhodes. Probly booking ted jr against mark henry as pay back. This wold marke sence. Then after this they said it could be a superstar as well so I'mm expecting goldust and him messing with legacy. Then after that dare I say HHH. This whole gm thing is teriable because its all to further legacy vs hhh. Sadly wwe is not using it for entertaiment which they should. Orton and HHH can survive without a title and without aide of these dumb ploys so its kinda stupid. I expect this to be only legacys friends and enemys, sadly thats it.

You know you're right. The whole GM angle thus far has just been to further the Orton/HHH feud and Legacy push. They've done nothing other than that. When are they going to announce the US Title Match for NOC? They have only made appearances on television or made decisions surrounding only Legacy. Wow.

The two people I am really hoping we get to see are Eric Bischoff and HBK. HBK I think is very likely especially since he's been gone for a while and he's due to make his return at any time. As for Bischoff, I know that would be very unlikely but I think that would definately make an impact and the fans would love it.

Well, I wasn't a fan of it the first week with Batista. Partly because I think Batista is awful on the mic. But this week with Ted Dibiase was outstanding. Most of the comments I have been read about Dibiase as the GM have been overwhelmingly positive. When people see me complain about the product, those are the types of characters and strong personalities I want to see return to this business, that I feel has been severely lacking today. I'm also glad for newer fans who never saw the Million Dollar Man in action, that they at least got a couple minutes to see him in this day and age. Can still cut a promo better than 90% of the roster. It just would have been great for today's fans to see him in his prime, because there wasn't a thing like him. Definitely one of the Top 3 Greatest Heels of all time in WWE history.

I must say that I am NOT a fan of GM's making matches for the PPV's. That makes not a single shred of sense, whatsoever. Why would one GM have the authority to make a match for a PPV one week, and then another GM the next week does not?

Also, I am not a fan of the guest GM's having the power to "fire" if they don't use that power. Can someone explain why Batista would say something idiotic like "I have the power to fire Randy Orton and Legacy", but then not follow through with his words?

The Guest GM concept I think is working amongst fans because it is solving one of the main criticisms of the WWE I have had for some time now. It gives the people something new and exciting to look forward to each week. It's not the SAME boring GM, having the SAME boring interactions back and forth with the SAME superstars every single week.

I have the potential of becoming a full-fledged fan to the rotating Guest GM concept, but I just think it needs some minor tweeking. I would also encourage the WWE to stay away from current wrestlers on the roster being the GM (like Batista), as that is NOT what I would consider to be "offering something NEW each week".

Let's analyze the previous guest GM's.
1st: Batista (active wrestler)
2nd: Dibiase (wrestler from the past)
3rd:?
Seeing that both a current wrestler and a retired wrestler were already chosen as guest GM, I believe the next-in-line is a celebrity of some kind, possibly a movie star or a musical talent.

I know this might be kinda random. But, why not have K-Fed as the host for a week? The guy can draw legitimate heat from the fans. He could get back into his feud with Cena. Or he could start into a new feud with somebody like MVP or something.

One assumes it'll pretty much consistently be a wrestler, but considering there's a plethora of former celebrities that the WWE has worked with, they can tap into that. Off the top of my head, Kevin Federline (K-Fed) would be a great celebrity option, especially since Cena's on Raw. It was a fun angle back in the day, I thought, and a one night return would be amusing. Mr. T would be awesome, but he's pretty pissed at the WWE, apparently, so maybe not. Chuck Norris, who was a special guest ref at Survivor Series 1994 for Taker vs Yokozuna, would also be great, because who doesn't love Chuck Norris?

But that's just throwing out the viable celebrity options. I'd prefer, and think it will, consistently be a retired wrestler. Steamboat is almost a given - he's a road agent and is pretty much backstage at every Raw, so his stepping in for one week is a great idea. He's the ultimate babyface and still hugely over, so he makes a great face host. I could definitely see him getting involved with Legacy as well, since they sort of roll along the same lines as Jericho did in the Mania feud. While we're on Legacy, Dusty Rhodes is almost a given, but I imagine he'd work very differently than DiBiase did. DiBiase was sort of with Legacy, but sort of not - very much the tweener. Rhodes would have to be an all out face against Legacy, but it'd still work pretty well.

I also love the idea of injured wrestlers doing it. Edge would be great, of course, and I'm sure at some point in his recovery he will, just to remind people that's he's still out there. I can almost certainly see HBK returning on a guest host roll, then getting back onto the active roster. Matt Hardy could even do it one week, for the hell of it. He won't be out as long, but if he did it smack in the middle of his recovery it'd be just enough to keep him in the public eye and remind us about him before he returns to SmackDown.

Flair is another given, but he probably won't be terribly exciting. Some dream picks that won't happen are Bischoff or Hart - both are pretty upset with the WWE, so it won't happen. I'd probably think that Hogan will wind up doing it if it lasts that long, he's been up for one night appearances for a long time, so why not. Savage is a big maybe, but it's possible.

I think there are some locale specific ones that'll pop up sooner or later. If there's a Raw in Michigan we could definitely see Rob Van Dam do it, since he's proven he's up for one night appearances several times. The same goes for a Raw in Toronto, or Canada in general, and bringing in Trish Stratus. It might be a stretch, but Lita's done one night appearances since retirement, and she'd be a fun option.

There's a huge pool of former talent out there to tap into, and the longer they keep the guest hosting on, the more we'll see. It's a great idea to keep Raw fresh and bump ratings with returns, so I'm on board with the idea for as long as they want to keep it on.

We have had Batista and The Million Dollar Man... we al expect HBK, maybe the Undertaker, and some other hurt or on the sideline wrestlers... but what out of nowhere wresting figures or celebrities would you like to see.... I want more Adamle orginals... jking... I would love to see Savage or Bret the Hitman even though it wouldnt happen... and really wouldnt mind seeing someone along the lines of a major sports player ie Lebron or Shaq... not sure which sports athletes that are that big are big WWE fans.... to make it really interesting they need a non wrestling fan once in awhile.... what areyour thoughts and who would you like to see with a realistic chance.

Hard to say but I think Vince will keep them close to home and cheap. I can see Dusty Rhodes now after hearing what The Million Dollar Man said about him. Here are a few good and odd ones I thought of but trying to go outside the box and avoiding obvious ones. (I would love to see Bret or Macho) ok. Michael Landsberg: allthough mostly known by Canadians I wonder if enough people have watched his wrestling interviews to know him. Anderson Cooper: Kinda funny but not sure if he would do it. Tommy Lee: I'd assume there would be 10 bra and panty matches lol. Mike Tyson: has a hystory with the WWE and him and HBK have some unsettled business. Brother Love: i think he was released but it would just be funny. Ok I ran out quickly maybe not going to be good every week if they go outside the box.

I said this on another thread, but:

Stone Cold
The Rock
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Vince Russo
Eric Bischoff
Paul Heyman
Jeff Jarrett
Jim Cornette
King Patrick

I would be pleasantly surprised if any of these 10 Stars show up at any given week and I would be interested to see how they would “Run” the A – Show.

Whatever happened to Jim Cornette? we aint seen him since Mick Foley came into TNA?

Back on Topic, I too would like to see Bret Hart or Macho Man, but how long will it be till Hogan comes back to do it, as we all know when Vince comes a knocking Hogan always answers the door with open arms just to get back into the limelight again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back